Advanced Home Services

Founded 1985 • With Angi since March 2012

In business since 1985 with over 35 years of experience. Family owned and operated. Home repairs, improvements and installations. ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

handyman (113)plumbers (28)electrician (28)door installation (16)lighting (10)drywall (8)woodworking (6)countertop installation (4)appliance repair (4)fireplace services (3)pressure washing (3)gutter repair (3)

06/13/2022

Harrison W.

It took longer than I expected to do sink thing so the second thing did not get totally done we ran out of time. With 2 people it would have worked better.

Description of Work
replace kitchen faucet and replace outside hose

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

11/17/2021

Michelle D.

They did a great job they are very professional very responsive and very timely in getting the job done.

Description of Work
Installed Gutters

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2015

03/05/2021

Ellen R.

goodl. Monty showed up on time and went out of his way to help complete a job. He came to our home, took the broken shade with him and when it was clear that he could not fix it himself he called us, then went to Home Depot and brought back the sample book with the shade he thought most closely matched. With our ok he ordered it, brought it to us and installed the shade. The color matches almost perfectly. We are very happy with Monty's work.

Description of Work
replaced a honeycomb shade he was unable to repair

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

11/12/2020

Cornelia C.

Everything went great. Monty delivered on everything we needed done. He offered suggestions on how to accomplish some items that would work for a particular situation. We would definitely use Advances Home Services again.

Description of Work
Replacing toilets, installing a new screen door, new sower cartridge, installed grab bars, new garage door insulation, installed a new llight switch, and other misc. items we needed done.

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

07/21/2020

Jim B.

AHS was very responsive to my inquiry for services and willing to work with my schedule. They were professional and punctual in their approach. He was a hard and smart worker with all the tools required and a ton of common sense gained through years of experience, The work was of high quality and fairly priced.

Description of Work
Assemble and put up basketball goal and flagpole. This included digging and cementing a 4 foot deep hole plus a smaller hole for the flag pole.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

04/04/2020

Tom C.

We've had them out on 2 occasions, and we're very happy both times. Quality work, very reasonable price. Lighting and fan installation, plumbing, drywall, baseboard installation, and similar repairs were performed

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, doors

Work Completed On 04/04/2020

02/02/2020

Mary Lou N.

The work was very well done. He was very professional and helpful. He was also very friendly.

Description of Work
Install new kitchen faucet and fix dishwasher so it is attached to the counter.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/02/2020

07/20/2019

Trish M.

Monte arrived on time and took a few minutes to discuss what needed to be done and how to deal with each item. He brought up some things that might be issues, and also offered creative solutions to each problem I had. It took him about 4 hours to get everything done and all was very satisfactory. I was delighted with how well everything worked out.

Description of Work
Several small jobs including installation of grab bars and new shower curtain rod, adaptation of a toilet seat to accommodate a raised seat, relocation of a towel bar, and installation of a new light fixture.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

10/30/2018

kathleen G.

easy to work with once contact established. committed to doing project and followed through.

Description of Work
back porch steps replaced

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

10/29/2018

Ben S.

Monte did a fantastic job replacing a service door on the side of our garage. He also replaced the trim around our main garage door. There were two other minor exterior repairs that we asked him about and he was able to take care of those as well. He was responsive and professional. He was reasonably priced and gave us an accurate estimate. The work done was high-quality with an attention to detail that left us satisfied customers when the project was complete. Will definitely give him a call for future projects.

Description of Work
Door replacement, Garage door trim replacement, and two minor exterior repairs

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

07/06/2018

jim Z.

Lots of positive feedback-we show it off a lot. We have used Monty 5x and always impressed with his work.

Description of Work
Pass thru in kitchen installed

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

02/14/2018

Abby L.

Monty was great! Paid attention to detail!

Description of Work
Lots of carpentry

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

08/30/2017

Odulia H.

Good. He did have my light fixture for over 2 weeks but he did eventually get it fixed and returned.

Description of Work
Various tasks from cleaning air conditioner units, repairing light fixture, window crank, garage opener

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

06/23/2017

Charles B.

I hired him for 4 hours thinking most of my list could get done. 4 hours worth of work and the only thing accomplished were the swapping out of the switches and outlets. I had a priority list set out with the more complicated things first (tv mount, vanity lights, blind) with the switches and outlets at the bottom. So the bigger projects I needed done weren't and I still have a list of items I need done. Im extremely frustrated. What a waste of money!

Description of Work
Hang TV mount, hang blind in den, hang towel bars in bathroom, change vanity lights in bathroom, swap out outlets and switches in bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

Sorry, worked the whole time on what was presented to me assuming no priorities. The time was fully used to accomplish the most valuable skill level project. Even gave extra time. Sorry, but no wasted time or money. Over four hours of work was accomplished..

03/20/2017

Carol M.

It worked out just fine. I would give him an A, he did just fine. The price was fine. The qualify was very good. He repaired something that was just absolutely falling apart, and it is nice and sturdy now. I think we had some back and forth trying to get our stuff lined up. It wasn't bad. It wasn't like I was terrible frustrated. He would call me I would call him, it would take a couple days. Nothing horrid. He was there right when he was suppose to be. I would use him again if I had something like that that I needed to be done. I did ask him about some major work like remodeling but I don't think I would use him like that. He pays attention to detail, and does a throughout nice job. Everything was cleaned up he did a nice job with that.

Description of Work
He put in some new carbon monoxide detectors in for me.

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

02/14/2017

Donald E.

He was okay. He was a little slow and he charged by the hour.

Description of Work
He had to do some framing for a hood vent above the stove.

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

01/17/2017

Jeff D.

It went very well. It was challenging due to metal studs throughout the house.

Description of Work
Installed medicine cabinets in two bathrooms.

Work Completed On 01/17/2017

01/17/2017

L D.

Monte was professional, friendly and very proficient. He worked quickly and had the work done fast! I would hire Monte again.

Description of Work
I had 2 medicine cabinets recessed into walls.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/17/2017

11/10/2016

Tina K.

It took him a long time to come. He is very busy I guess. I waited at least a month. The first time was 4 hours for $99, but second time was $70 hours. Unless it is something very important, I don't think I will call him. If he offer cheaper, I will use him again.

Description of Work
Some small things, replaced a piece on my toilet, put some light bulbs in, hooked up a small medicine cabinet.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/20/2016

11/04/2016

Sheryl H.

This is the second time I have worked with Monty. He was very responsive and professional. I had to be out of town during the time the work was being done, but he kept in touch regarding how the progress was and what items needed to be purchased to complete the work. There were some problems that I could not figure out what was needed to fix, but Monty had the experience to do it in a way that was appropriate for a house going on the market.

Description of Work
Several jobs around the house preparing it for sale. This included obtaining equipment for and repairing a shower that was not functioning, putting up blinds, trimming wood doors to clear a newly placed carpet and repairing door handles.

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

Work Completed On 10/27/2016

11/04/2016

Susan F.

I had emailed them with my home and cell phone numbers to schedule, but I did not get a reply or phone call. I got a refund for this deal through Angie's List.

Description of Work
I purchased a prepaid service for $135 for 2 Hours of Handyman Services through Angie's List.

10/31/2016

Norman R.

after two phone calls it was apparent they had no desire to do the job; ll kinds of excuses, finally that "maybe" in November (2-3 weeks after initial contact). One wonders why they are in business, and certainly why they bid on this "special offer" on Angie's List. It also makes me question whether I will rely on this list for future work.

Description of Work
simple replacement of two bathroom fans

Category electrician, handyman service