Adam's Handyman & Remodeling Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2009

Award winning. We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality and customer service that we provide to meet our customers needs. It is our mission to provide a great experience from start to completion of a project. ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+32 more images

Remodeling - General Project

Remodeling - General Project

handyman
built front stoop railing and installed exterior door
Walk Up Attic project
Walk Up Attic

electrician

2020
Slate Tile Sunroom Floor project
Slate Tile Sunroom Floor

tile installation

2020

handyman (152)interior painting (38)plumbers (37)home remodeling (33)electrician (30)drywall (30)woodworking (27)door installation (26)tile installation (24)general contractors (19)basement remodeling (18)lighting (17)

02/04/2022

Sharon P.

We've had Adam and Pat do three sizable projects for us and each time we've been delighted. Excellent workmanship plus they let me watch and ask questions. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
install range hood

Category electrician, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/21/2022

02/04/2022

Dale R.

Great service and exceptional workmanship and attention to detail. Cares about doing the job right and what the customer wants. Would highly recommend. Too many contractors cut corners or don't pay close attention to details...but not Adam, he makes sure it's done the right way.

Description of Work
Built office in unfinished basement.

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, insulation, lighting, remodeling, siding, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/09/2022

10/30/2021

B S.

This is the 4th time I have hired Adam for home updates and repairs. They always do the work professionally, craft practical solutions to anomalies in the old construction, leave my house livable day-to-day, and clean up well as they go. They really know their business, but always always keep me informed of choices and issues. I trust them to be in my house whether I'm home or not.

Description of Work
Update bathroom, miscellaneous repairs

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

ELIZABETH S.

Their service is excellent, the project require ingenuity he had to wired the lamp, he was able to cut off the bottom of the old post, very smart of him, he was very hopeful because he went to home depot and purchase smoke alarm and some fire extinguishers for me so I did not have to go. he just did everything, price is low.

Description of Work
Replace a lamp post outside installed fire alarms outside the house

Category lamp repair

Work Completed On 08/29/2021

Christine C.

This was the third major project that we hired Adam and Pat for (2 bathrooms and basement remodel), if that’s any indication of how we feel about Adam’s Handyman & Remodeling Services and the high level of craftsmanship and value they bring to the table. They’ve transformed our home in so many positive ways and increased its value greatly. The most recent being a basement remodel and turning an unfinished area of our home into a beautiful office and music studio. The guys are extremely knowledgeable and also very accommodating to the ideas we had, including layouts, a custom wall design and barn door using stained slat wall, custom shelving, lighting requirements, etc. we couldn’t be more thrilled with how the project turned out, and the guys delivered on all fronts, creating a beautiful space within a budget we had set aside even at a time when building materials were at a premium. We highly recommend Adam’s Handyman & Remodeling for your next home project.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Review for Adam's Handyman & Remodeling Service - 2305 Calypso Rd, Madison, WI - 39525558

Merl B.

I contracted Adam's remodeling to replace my kitchen and entryway floor. Adam & Pat did a excellent job. It was done on a timely manner and a pretty reasonable cost. I'm very pleased with the work and will use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced Kitchen floor and entryway floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Review for Adam's Handyman & Remodeling Service - 2305 Calypso Rd, Madison, WI - 39525452

10/09/2021

Megan J.

Great, we're always happy with Adam's work. This was a complete gut and redo and it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

Review for Adam's Handyman & Remodeling Service - 2305 Calypso Rd, Madison, WI - 39503250

10/08/2021

Mona M.

We reached out to Adam for deck repair estimates and he was able to come out the next day to give us a quote. We ended up hiring him to take care of a number of other repairs/renovations we are doing in our house as well. Unlike several other contractors we contacted, Adam was incredibly responsive, followed up immediately, communicated effectively, and was even willing to help us on very short notice (we got lucky bc we caught him between jobs/vacation). He and Pat did great work fixing a number of broken doors + raising our kitchen cabinets, and both me and my husband were impressed by how efficiently they got the jobs done. We are eager to have them come back to complete our other projects soon, and we will definitely be contacting them in the future for any other jobs we need!

Description of Work
Repairing doors and raising cabinets

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

10/25/2020

Chris U.

This was about the 4th or 5th project we've had Adam and Pat complete. Per usual, workmanship and problem solving was excellent. We had attic finished in our historic, older home so not the easiest job. Labor rates are very reasonable and Adam is extremely trustworthy, practical in solutions, and customer service is above and beyond.

Description of Work
Attic finishing

Category remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

10/23/2020

Todd B.

Adam and Pat were great to work with. It wasn’t a huge project but they treated it with the same level of attention to detail, workmanship, and work ethic I would expect on a large job. Complete respect for the job site and cleanliness (which we really appreciate after a different contractor was just the opposite on another project we had). We definitely intend to bring them back for other projects in the future and recommend them.

Description of Work
built front stoop railing and installed exterior door and trim. carpentry.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

10/22/2020

jill S.

Adam and Pat were great! They do excellent work for fair price. We will hire them again!

Description of Work
painted basement, install new driveway post light, replace all ceiling fan switches.

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

10/21/2020

john S.

First rate. Fair pricing. Quality work in all areas. Reliable in advising as to work schedule. Very responsive. Good problem solver. Will use again.

Description of Work
drywall and flooring repair. Plus painting and baseboards.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

10/19/2020

Robin H.

It went well. Adam is very dedicated and thorough in workmanship. He’s conscious of the time it takes to complete a task. He and Patrick not only are hard working but want you to be satisfied with the work once it’s completed. I have already recommended them and will use Adam for future projects.

Description of Work
Painted a bedroom, edged flooring, replaced closet doors and replaced window treatments. Ceramic tile main and powder room floors and replaced blinds and faucet. Handy man jobs - hung pictures, mirror and ceiling hangings.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, handyman service, window treatments, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

Megan T.

I love it. We have had zero problems with all the completed work. Adam is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. The best thing I would say about Adam is that he does it right and doesn't cut corners. Adam was great in communicating with us too with everything which was very much appreciated. We will totally be reaching out to him again for our next project.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel and basement remodeling.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Review for Adam's Handyman & Remodeling Service - 2305 Calypso Rd, Madison, WI - 38952780

Andrew B.

We’ve work with Adam on a few projects now. He’s consistently efficient, communicative and very thorough. We love all of the projects he’s done at our house and he’s great to work with. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
tiling

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling

Michael Basement L.

Very well. On time, honest, quality work. Pricing was good also. Kept me informed. I felt I got a good deal.

Description of Work
basement remodel

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Robin H.

Adam put in new ceramic tile and molding in main and half bathrooms. He also installed facets and bathroom door hinge. He painted a bedroom and he and Patrick put molding on wood flooring. They also did extra handyman tasks. They’re very hard workers, very dedicated and mindful of time required to complete the job. Absolutely recommend and hire in the future.

Description of Work
Interior painting, bathroom tiling, replace new closet doors and handyman tasks such as hanging pictures, mirrors and ceiling hanging.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

10/12/2020

Sam P.

Adam came to the house to scope what was needed. I was a little annoyed that he broke off two pieces of my front deck to prove it needed replacing (although that wasn't one of the things I'd asked him to price). He then never followed up with a quote. I texted him a couple weeks later and got an "Oh, sorry, I'll do that today" but then another two weeks later when I followed up again, radio silence. It's one thing going radio silent; it's another coming to my house, breaking my front porch and then peacing out never to be heard of again. Inexcusable in my book.

Description of Work
A lot of repairs - electrical, plumbing, siding

Category appliance repair, electrician, insulation, plumbing, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

06/02/2020

Marc R.

Had hired them to do installation projects when I first moved here back in the mid 2000',,,, Was very satisfied with their work back them.

Description of Work
Wanted a new toilet installed but this Handyman service responded that they are booked until July and that they mainly do basement remodels....

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for your very nice review. We scheduled two multiple month projects that kept us busy all spring and summer of 2020. This enabled us to keep our exposure to homeowners down to a minimum but also didn’t leave time for us to take on some of the smaller projects we normally do. Please keep us in mind for any future projects. Hope you guys are all doing well. Sincerely, Adam of Adam’s Handyman and Remodeling Service.

11/25/2019

maria V.

I recommend Adam and his associate Pat highly. The work they do is top notch. We had no plumbing for a dishwasher in our old home so they did the plumbing and electrical to get the unit installed. We also required a sturdy gate to be installed at the top of our driveway so Adam and Pat poured the concrete and built the gate from scratch to ensure it fit properly in our driveway. Adam comes to your home before the project starts and runs through the process he will follow. He listens to what you want but also lets you know if he thinks there is a better way to do things. They are very reasonable from a price perspective and we will definitely be using Adam's Handyman and Remodeling Service in the years to come for all our jobs - big or small. Maria Emilia

Description of Work
Install a dish washer and associated plumbing into an old 1920's house / Build and install driveway gate

Category concrete repair, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

11/05/2019

Michael L.

I was under the gun time wise and money wise for that matter. Can not recommend these guys enough. Up front, kept me informed. Did all I wanted but was quick to clue me in on better options to save money or time. Cleaned up before the left and did a great job with the actual work. Will hire again.

Description of Work
basement remodel, electrical, plumbing, painting, drywall, install doors, trim carpentry

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

10/22/2019

Terry W.

They did a great job , very well done

Description of Work
kitchen remodel, bathroom vanity, painting, install microwave

Category countertops, drywall, insulation, lighting, roofing, basement remodeling