Wettstein Brothers Electric Inc

Founded 1951 • With Angi since August 2010

214 Vine St

La Crosse, WI 54601

3rd Generation locally owned electrical contractor with 60+ years of experience. On call 24/7 for emergencies - dial number and press 1....

10/22/2018

Nancy Y.

Job went very well. Workers were prompt and did a great job. Job cost was in line with the estimate & the office people were also easy to work with. Would hire them again and will definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Outside power lines moved, additional outlets installed & a light fixture above the kitchen sink.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for the great review and being apart of the WBE Family!

08/20/2017

gary D.

Family business. Accommodated my schedule and diagnosed the problem quickly. (Many outlets weren't working in my house when I moved in.) Electrician and receptionist/scheduler were both great to work with. Prompt, efficient, and I think he left the work space cleaner than he found it.

Description of Work
diagnostics and rewiring outlets

06/21/2017

William H.

the electrician figured out the problem, more of a dummy move on my part. The charge was very reasonable for the time, and he made me feel a LITTLE less like an idiot. Will keep in mind for future projects

Description of Work
bedroom light would not work

Category electrician,lighting

Our job is not always just to fix, but to educate as well. Welcome to the WBE Family! VP/Owner

04/01/2017

Jim P.

beyond the average call, Jeff was fantastic, and when the power company was long overdue went and got a generator and Dave to power up the house, check circuits and get our water well going -14 hours at our house He's, they are like family now.

Description of Work
Storm damage, knocked down mast and shorted out some of the stuff in the house

Thank you for the review. You are a part of the WBE Family. :) VP/Owner

03/27/2017

Judson B.

Work was excellent. We have had them in our home several times. They are safe, clean and they do quality work. Pass inspection with no issues. Unfortunately, their communication was less than ideal. While we had agreed on a bid, they determined the work required time a material and didn't communicate this information acceptably to us. The price came in at slightly double their estimate. This should have been communicated much more clearly. The bid was obviously way off, so not a good guidance as to final cost. They avoided/delayed communication with us when we sought to discuss the cost. Make sure you or your contractor are staying current on cost. We got a big surprise.

Description of Work
Rewiring and electrical as part of major renovation of two bathrooms and kitchen

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your review. We are in the middle of making internal changes to our team and procedures that will provide better customer service on matters that you have illuminated above. VP/Owner

02/15/2017

Ken B.

Great!! Travis arrived exactly as promised and completely the work in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner. Wettstein's Brothers Electric have been great to work with, for jobs both large and small.

Description of Work
Replacement of security light, requiring boom truck.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]. It has always been a pleasure working with you!

01/20/2017

Monica R.

Service person was prompt, courteous, explained our options (pros and cons) in good detail. Worked efficiently, safely and cleaned up. Checked in throughout the project so we could make decisions. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Large light fixture installed. Two small fixtures diagnosed, then replaced/installed.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]!

12/21/2016

Heidi H.

They came when they were supposed to come. They did it under the estimate. My tenant was happy with what they did. I was not there to see the work but my tenant stated that it was fine.

Category electrician

We LOVE being able to come in under budget & pass those cost savings along to our customers! Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

11/27/2016

Holly O.

Wettsteins was great to work with from start to finish. I had not yet moved into the area when work started, so I had to coordinate via Skype, email, and phone. Communication was excellent and I always felt that I was informed about the work being done. They were also great about coordinating with my other contractors. When I finally did arrive in La Crosse, everyone was equally friendly and helpful in person. The bid for the project was detailed and specific, which helped me budget for it, and it was completely accurate. The work was excellent quality - they took care to do a thorough, excellent job and I couldn't be happier. I'm 100% pleased with the work done and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I had a complete re-wiring of my 115-year-old house.

Category electrician

While this project presented some unique challenges, it was great to see the transformation! It was our pleasure to help turn this house into your new home! Welcome to La Crosse!

08/02/2016

Brittany S.

Very well! Electrician was prompt, efficient, and courteous.

Description of Work
Evaluated knob and tube in attic and replaced/fixed all outlets that needed to be addressed

05/15/2016

Cheryl L.

Called and received a quote and set an appointment. The electrician was on time and installed the box promptly. He was friendly and answered all our questions. Would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed grounding block.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you.

02/29/2016

Ken B.

Good job, great responsiveness to my needs

Description of Work
installed new electric dryer outlet in basement

Category electrician,basement remodeling

12/11/2015

Robin G.

Called to request a new circuit for a refrigerator being moved into an unfinished basement. I was advised that the outlet was already supplied with its own 15-amp breaker. Electrician replaced outlet with GFI and replaced it with a 20-amp breaker.

Description of Work
Replaced basement outlet with GFI and 20-amp breaker.

Category electrician,remodeling,basement remodeling

10/10/2015

Dan B.

The work was done in one day as planned. WBE worked with me to collaborate a date when my electric company had planned to move my outside service. They were flexible in the scheduling process, but I also provided them 3-4 weeks of planning notice. The work was done well. The workers showed up on time and were very respectful and nice guys. They also rerouted a couple electrical lines to my dryer and washer that werent in the original contract. The price was competitive.

Description of Work
I am putting in an addition to my home and a change of electrical service from 100 to 200 amp was needed, plus a move to my incoming electrical service location.

Category electrician

It was our pleasure assisting with this project [Member Name Removed]. We always do our best to meet the scheduling demands of our customers, but it is significantly easier when provided with 3-4 weeks notice!

10/06/2015

Judith G.

Beautifully. Two service men came and both were obviously competent. They had all the tools and parts needed to do the job with them. They worked very well together and respected each other. They cleaned up thoroughly when finished. They even got excited when they solved a problem that one often encounters when trying to wire a house built in 1903.

Description of Work
Installed track LED lighting under kitchen cabinets. Installed light/vent device in basement bathroom. Installed under-cabinet light in laundry room and wired all laundry room lighting through one circuit. Converted switch in kitchen that controls lights in basement to 3-way switch so lights can now be controlled in basement also. Installed ceiling light in root cellar. Replaced two outlets in upstairs bedroom.

Category electrician,lighting,remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was a pleasure for all of us to work with you.

06/30/2015

PATTY H.

Everything went well. The electrician showed up on time, he explained what he was going to do and made recommendations for the best way to do the work. The garage took longer than expected and the inside work was rescheduled. The same electrician came again which was great because he was already familiar with the house. The electrician was very professional and made sure to clean up after his work was done. I want to mention that I had to postpone the work for a year from when I received the quote. Wettsteins was very understanding and the original quote was honored. The quote and work were easy to schedule and the office staff was great to work with.

Description of Work
Wettstein's wired my garage for electricity and added two outlets and a closet light in my house.

Category electrician,home security systems

We understand that sometimes things come up & projects have to be postponed. If we can honor a quote longer than the customary 30 days, we will do it! Thank you for your feedback!

01/02/2015

Kristie L.

They were good. They did a good job but they could have cleaned their mess a little bit more.

Description of Work
Wettstein Brothers Electric Inc. installed new light fixtures, put new electrical lines in the basement and put ceiling fans.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans,basement remodeling

We apologize that the mess was not cleaned up to your satisfaction. As a general rule, we like to leave the area cleaner than we found it. Thank you for your honest feedback!

11/18/2014

Alisha L.

Went well--quality job overall but very difficult to schedule with. Tough to get ahold of and had to call 4-5 times to get an estimate sent out. Scheduling changed at last minute

Description of Work
Home electric work

01/15/2014

Pat C.

This project had all of the challenges that make a simple project more complex when updating and repairing an older home.Needed to troubleshoot a bit,and took longer than originally estimated because of the surprises encountered .The electrician was knowledgeable,pleasant , and prompt.He also gave me some tips on how to do some basic repairs.

Description of Work
updates and repairs in kitchen and bathroom , install fan, new light fixtures rewire as needed ,install safety features an needed

01/14/2014

alex P.

Everything went excellent, and electrician was more than willing to take a look at anything I needed done. I was very happy with him

Description of Work
Replaced a switch that had shorted out, and swapped out two light fixtures in the home for new ones that were more up to date. The electrician was extremely pleasant, quick, and was very honest.

01/07/2014

Mary V.

Light fixture was replaced as requested without any difficulty or future problems.

Description of Work
Professional and friendly service.

11/20/2013

TAMARA G P.

It went very well. It is an old house and there was knob and tube wiring in parts of the house and they were able to work around that. Overall we were very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Electrical service for new second floor bathroom.

03/18/2013

Talia B.

I called several electricians, and this one was the only one with a live receptionist that was able to set up an immediate consultation. I received one other local estimate and I instantly knew that Wettstein Brothers Electric was the company we were going to use for our remodel-- I was impressed with the professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge of the representative at the initial consultation. The representative went out of his way to give us suggestions, pictures, and even a personal tour of his similar attic remodel. The day after the initial walk-through, I received an estimate and additional information about the company. We plan on using Wettstein Brothers for our remodel when we do go ahead with the project in the near future.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for the following: adding a new GFI in the kitchen, a total upstairs remodel, upgrading our service and relocating outside meter and service panel to meet code, adding 4 more outlets and a 60-AMP subpanel to the the garage, and a few more incidentals.

12/26/2012

Lisa S.

I called. They came within the week. They were friendly and professional. Their prices seem reasonable.

Description of Work
I had some lights in the basement that would not come on. They fixed the problem and also looked at another job i would need to do in the future.

03/10/2012

Dave ..

I liked their services. I liked how fast they got here and took care of it. The price was good. It was reasonable. The guy that came here was nice. I was impressed with how fast they got here. It was on a weekend and I called the emergency line and they got here somewhere within half an hour or an hour. To me that was well worth it. The quality of their work was good. The first guy who worked at it couldn’t figure out and he didn’t know exactly where it was; he knew it was in the back. He said he would send another guy and told me that the other guy knew the systems a lot better. I thought it was pretty good of him not to guess. He sent another guy who took care of it. I would definitely use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used the services of Wettstein Brothers Electric. I had a short somewhere in the mobile home and they came and fixed it for me.

Mad City Windows & Baths

We are the premier home improvement company in Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee & throughout Wisconsin with years of experience and countless home improvement projects to prove it. We’re locally owned and operated so we know what works best in this climate and we choose quality products designed with Wisconsin area homeowners in mind. Whether you need replacement windows, vinyl siding, bathrooms, or metal roofing our professional installers will leave your home looking great.

Right Choice Construction LLC

Right Choice Construction is a orginaztion developed by a handful of people, Right Choice offers a premium products at affordable prices, Right Choice has over 20 years combined experience were fully licensed and insured.

Stutzman & Son Construction, LLC

Stutzman & Son Construction, LLC is a locally owned construction company that builds homes, barndominiums, pole sheds, and more in Ettrick, WI, and the surrounding areas. If you have a vision for your home or property—whether it be starting a new construction project or adding to what you already have—we’ll make your vision a reality with efficient, affordable, and customizable construction services.

Wisconsin
    State of Wisconsin
    06/30/2019
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

Residential, commercial and industrial new construction, remodel, electrical, lighting, generator, fire alarm & security