Buckshot General Contracting

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

433 South Arch St

Janesville, WI 53548

Buckshot General Contracting, in Janesville, WI, is your premium roofing contractor. Locally owned and operated since 1979, we offer a variety of services including roofing, siding, gutters, storm damage (including hail damage and wind damage). You can count on us to be reliable, punctual, and professional. For all your roofing needs, contact Buckshot General Contracting, in Janesville, where we offer 24-hour emergency services!...

05/03/2022

Jason B.

We could not have been happier. From start to finish the process was smooth and easy. I started out thinking I needed some roofing repair and by the time it was all said and done I had a lot more damage than I could see. Long story short, I have a new roof and new siding and my house is amazing. Buckshot answered the call and then some with friendly and experienced representatives. Top notch and couldn't be happier!!!

Description of Work
Insurance claim from wind and hail damage

Category gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding

03/22/2017

Justin G.

Had my roof replaced back in 2011 (6 years ago). In the last six months I have had shingles blow off my roof three times. Had another contractor take a look to see what was going. He said that the nails were placed too high up on the shingles so when the wind blows, the shingles do not stay put. I called to discuss with a gentleman at Buckshot and he just downplayed it. Didn't offer to come look at it, just said that it's out of warranty and that the most recent wind storm was declared a state of emergency which apparently nullifies the warranty. However, this is the THIRD time this has happened in less than a year. DO NOT USE BUCKSHOT.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

08/07/2016

Carl H.

I called multiple times and was told every time they would have their "roofing guy" get back to me to set up an appointment. Never heard from him.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing!!!

Brenda C.

This is the 3rd time I have used Buckshot General Contracting for my home repair needs on 3 different homes. The first home had severe hail damage to the roof, gutters and siding back in 2007. I was impressed with how fast things were taken care of especially when it was so close to Christmas. I was especially pleased with our sales representative as we chose to change the appearance of the home. I wanted different color siding, window wraps, fascia, and gutters. I explained to our sales rep, Steve, what we were looking at doing and he was skeptical at first with my color choices. But I told him of a home that was in another town that I really loved. He went to that home, knocked on the door, and asked the homeowner if he could color match their home so that I could have what I wanted. When the job started the stopped after the front was finished so that when I got home from work I could approve the colors. I was very pleased with the time and attention to detail that was taken. They were able to get my house cleaned up and back to excellent condition before our Christmas party. The second time was due to wind damage where 1/3 of my roof was gone in a matter of days with the storms that rolled through back in 2011. When I called in my insurance claim they came out and Buckshot took care of everything for us. This time was just as fast as the last and the roof looked great. The most recent need for Buckshot was this year when heavy rains, winds, and small hail hit my home. This time is was a triple whammy with leaks that needed interior repair, winds that blew up shingles, and minor hail damage on our windows, siding, screens, etc. Over the years of dealing with Buckshot I have seen how much more efficient they have become in every aspect of the restoration process. Again just like the first time they paid close attention to detail and made sure we were happy with our selections and the process and everything was completed in a timely fashion. Every time working with Buckshot was a pleasure and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs work done on their home.

Description of Work
3 homes with a combination of roof, siding, gutters, and interior repair

Category roofing,siding

Nathan S.

They provided contracting services for a whole house face lift. I received a new roof on my house and detached garage. Also new siding on both house and garage. After hiring them for this work and being so pleased with the service and the overall quality and look of my home I hired them again to complete some interior repairs to the same home. I had some walls moved and new sheet rock and plaster done throughout the house. I also updated my kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Lastly they installed new carpet and tile flooring throughout the house. I now have a total house face lift and I owe it Buckshot GC for its involvement in this project from start to finish. They were always where they said they were going to be each day and did an excellent job to keep me informed and updated as problems arose. I have one last project that I will be hiring them for this summer, my deck is out dated and in disrepair and I will definitely have them out to manage this whole project from start to finish.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, and gutters and more!!!

amanda C.

Our home suffered substantial damage from the recent hail storm, if that was not stressful enough our community was smothered with contractors. Throughout the first week we had several different contractors knock on our door; we listened to what they had to say and in the end went with Buckshot General Contracting. Buckshot was the only company that seemed ready, willing and able to give us the help and expertise we needed to get an already stressful situation completed. The representative took everything into his hands; he did a wonderful job with the adjuster helping them see all the damage. He took the time to keep on the insurance company and in the end we got a fair and reasonable settlement that covered all the damages sustained from the storm without having to pay any out of pocket. They scheduled the repairs around what worked for us, the material was delivered where we had said we wanted them and the crew showed up as scheduled. Our representative kept us updated on exactly what was going on and the day the work was completed he was there. They left our home exactly how it was when they got there; the crew was respectful and hard working. The situation that had seemed so stressful was actually not, my husband and barley lifted a finger and in a blink of an eye the work was completed and looked wonderful. I have recommend Buckshot General Contracting to neighbors as well as anyone who needs work done. A wonderful experience!

Description of Work
Roofing, Siding and Gutters

06/02/2014

Ryan W.

The whole process went extremely good. They did a great job repairing everything and the crews were very polite and went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied with everything. We will definitely use buckshot again if we ever need this done again. Thanks Buckshot.

Description of Work
Buckshot recently helped us through the entire process of fixing our home from storm damage. We did not know where to start after noticing that our siding had been broken in numerous spots and thankfully we contacted buckshot to take a look and they found damage to our roof, siding, gutters and a lot more we would have never imagined could be damaged. Buckshot worked with our insurance company to make sure everything went smooth and we could not be happier with the job they done.

06/02/2014

Marilyn T.

Picture Perfect Cable/Buckshot did an excellent job from start to finish. The project started and was completed on time. Clean up was also done very well. I would highly recommend this company for all your future needs.

Description of Work
New roof and seamless gutters on my house and back garage

11/01/2013

Elizabeth W.

I'm not sure of the exact date but it was the last big hailstorm before this year. They came knocking right after the hailstorm. The guy was talking about how he was praying to find work to support his family because I guess roofing wasn't going so well. Anyway he worked well with us at first and was there everyday the workers were there replacing the roof. It was ridiculously hot and I remember he even bought the guys a lovely watermelon to help cool off a bit. They were pretty fast but getting them to coordinate with our insurance at the end was horrible. There was extra work that needed to be done. They got it approved at first but to get them to provide evidence to the insurance that it was actually done? Horrid. Many many phone calls from us and I think the insurance even tried several times. I believe the problem was getting the evidence of completed work in order to get the second half of the check. It seems kind of important. We got to the point of reporting them to the BBB but I'm not sure we actually did. Quality was ok. The roof leaked shortly after they finished. To their credit they came back out promptly. I think they missed some flashing. The end of the experience was so bad we will never use them again. I really don't remember the exact price but it was in line with the rest of the neighborhood. 1/12/16: I just saw the reply from Buckshot regarding this review. The reason for the late review is that I had not seen them on Angie's List prior to the date of this review. I will also say that we called the company multiple times to try to resolve this to no avail and complained multiple times to the company to try to get the insurance information sorted through. The sad thing is that I am not critiquing the quality of their work. Yes we had a leak after the repair but they returned and fixed it in a timely fashion. However, if they cannot help with the paperwork required by the insurance company then how can I recommend this company?

Description of Work
Replaced the roof and arranged for guttering replacement after a hail storm

The work here was completed over 3 years ago. If the experience was so bad I am not sure why it took so long to voice her opinion. We did over a dozen home repairs in her subdivision and no one else complained. We are not perfect but we try to every job to the best of our ability. We do hundreds of projects every year, in several states, and the coordination of this can be tricky. The fact is that sometimes a job or two get dropped and we are left to pick up the pieces. It is not an excuse, simply the reality of construction and the insurance industry

08/15/2013

chris R.

The service went bad. I told him my biggest concern and he didn't do it and everything was half fast and I had him come back out two or three times to fix it and I had to find a way to get him out. I would not recommend them to other people and stay away from them.

Description of Work
I used Buckshot Exteriors few months ago for roofing and siding service.

Category roofing,siding

Ridge Top Exteriors Inc

As a roofing contractor, we realize your roof is the primary barrier against the elements, such as hail, high winds, rain, snow, and ice. A hail damaged roof repair needs to be done by an experienced, professional roofing contractor. We are that experienced roof repair contractor with over 30 plus years of experience. In fact, RidgeTop Roofs and Exteriors is a full service home repair and improvement service, including siding, windows, decks, and gutter. We are here to answer your questions and provide you with a selection of options to consider when making your decisions. Additonal location: 6700 W Lincoln Avenue, West Allis WI 53219. Additional contact: Josh Klimas at (414) 291-7663. Additional phones: (608) 249-0831 (Madison); (262) 631-6116 (Racine); and (262) 577-2212 (Kenosha). Additional fax: (608) 249-0344. Mike Kahl Omaha Office (402) 505-3315. Minneapolis office: 9901 Lynnedale Ave South, Bloomington, MN 54420 - office line 612-345-9195

Offers by Ridge Top Exteriors Inc on Angi
    Shield Roofing LLC

We specialize in all phases of roofing and siding services, repairs, replacements, installs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and pride ourselves on the quality work we provide while delivering great customer service! Contact us to discuss your next project today!

Offers by Shield Roofing LLC on Angi
    Riedl & Son, L.L.C.

Riedl & Son, L.L.C., in Fort Atkinson, WI, is the areas premier roofing and siding company serving all of south central Wisconsin since 1990. We specialize in siding, roofing, windows, seamless gutters and exterior remodeling projects. For all your residential and commercial exterior remodeling needs, contact Riedl & Son, L.L.C. in Fort Atkinson today!

General Remodeling
    Check, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Residential Roofing: Roofing, Siding, and Gutters Repair and Service, General Contracting, Water Mitigation, Downspouts, Metal, Architectural, and Cedar Roofing, Tile Roofing, Shingle Roofing, Wood Shakes, Single Ply, Foam Roofing, Modified Bitumen, Metal Roofing, Walk Decks, Siding, Vinyl, Steel, and Aluminum Siding, Windows, Doors, Garage Doors, Storm Damage Restoration, Exterior Construction, Commercial Roofing: Single Ply: TPO, EPDM, PVS, Modified Bitumen Roofing, Built Up Roofing, Commercial Roof Coatings, Asphalt Roofing, Flat Roofing, Green Roofing Systems, 24-Hour Emergency Service Available