AT Pro Mitigation Systems

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2009

I always do what i say. Never do I cut corners by using the cheapest fan, or not install something that could put homeowners at risk. I have never quoted a price then asked for more money. I install radon mitigation systems because my family has been affected by cancer. I'm proud of what I do to try and help other families. ...

Lifetime Radon Solutions

Owner Operated. Cost determined by the job. NRPP Certification #RMT-101552, AARST Member. Licensed. Cash accepted. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lifetimeradonsolutions/

Aqua Well & Pump Systems Inc

Aqua Well & Pump Systems, Inc., is a 3rd generation; family owned & operated, well and pump service company, serving all of Southeastern Wisconsin. Our mission at Aqua is to provide our customers with a safe, reliable water supply, while safe guarding & promoting the protection of our most precious resource. To accomplish this mission, Aqua is dedicated to investing in promotion, equipment, & most of all people who share the same core values of knowledge, integrity, hard work, & honesty. Aqua provides pump & well drilling service for residential, industrial, commercial, & farm applications. services.

KJM Plumbing

We take pride in the quality of work and customer satisfaction that we give each and every customer. We are known to pay exquisite attention to detail while making customer satisfaction our top priority. 7 days a week. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.

Offers by KJM Plumbing on Angi

08/23/2017

Peter S.

John went out of his way to find an ingenious way of installing a radon mitigation system in our house. He had to drill to the garage from the electric room and connect the pipe there and place a fan on the garage attic, where it took power from the second garage opener. Five years later, the system works fine and we have had no radon. Not only that but he also installed a nice sump pump before sealing the sump well, and this pump has actually saved us a lot of issues this year with the torrential rains we have had (it’s currently running every 5 minutes in November!) John did a fantastic job and for a good price as well. I asked him once to come test the system, and he said it would cost me for him to come over just for that, and he recommended I test it myself, and told me how. All this to save me money. I highly recommend John and I’m sorry I never got to write this review earlier.

Description of Work
Install Radon Mitigation System

Category radon testing,wells

05/28/2014

Andy S.

Arrived on time and finished early. All of the work was completed professionally and was explained in detail.

Description of Work
Radon reduction system installed

04/22/2014

Richard B.

My interest in taking action to reduce our radon level in our basement was triggered by (2) long-term radon tests that I personally conducted by purchasing monitors from a local hardware store. These long-term tests ran for over (3) months each and resulted in average radon levels of 5.2 and 7.8 pi C/L, both results clearly above the EPA "action level" of 4 pi C/L. Initially, I contacted another radon abatement business that was listed on the Wisconsin radon contractors list. This contractor had a good website with much information, but they never responded to my request for a contact. ( Did they go out of business?). I then signed up with Angie's list and chose A T Pro Mitigation Services from among several contractors on the basis of the excellent references provided by previous customers. Owner John Thompson is a knowledgeable, energetic person who reviewed our situation with us in detail, providing (2) possible options for reducing the radon level. He was on time or early for appointments, skilled in his work, and followed through with his proposal, including final cost. All work was conducted in a neat and efficient manner. John provided us with a radon detector to conduct a 48-hour follow-up test after the new fan system had been running ~ 2 days , with the good results reported previously in my review. I strongly encourage future potential customers to contact John based upon our very good experience working with him this month (April 2014).

Description of Work
John installed a radon ventilation fan and associated piping to create air flow and removal from under our basement floor. A subsequent 48-hour radon test indicated that the residual radon level was now 0.6 pi C/L, a substantial reduction from a test result provided to us in 2004 when we had the house inspected before purchase. The 2004 test result averaged 3.0 pi C/L, but was comprised of widely scattered data, including an individual reading slightly over 11 pi C/L.

03/24/2014

Joseph N.

Everything went great we were selling our house and radon testing was high. He put in system in aesthetic way behind the house and even tested neighbors for discounted price. Knowledgable, kind, responsive with excellent follow through.

Description of Work
Radon testing and abatement

03/14/2014

Nicole S.

John was very professional, from the quoting process to the final statement. He responded in a timely manner to emails and phone calls. On the day of installation, he was prepared, arrived on time, and worked quickly and professionally. He showed us what work he had done and explained how the system works, the maintenance (almost none), and then sent the final report in a very timely manner. It had one small error - the paid in full date - which he corrected immediately without any trouble at all. :) He was very professional, very friendly and clearly very experienced in this installation. He answered many of our questions before we even asked them. Great experience!!

Description of Work
Installed radon mitigation system in the basement of a home under contract for purchase. The radon levels were averaging around 5.0 pCi/L prior to installation, and afterward, levels were measured at 0.1 pCi/L !! Amazing results! Installed the fan and exhaust vent, and the pipe into the existing sump pump.

03/10/2014

John K.

I received 3 bids and selected John based on his having the lowest estimate and the highest Angieslist reviews. John is based in Janesville, WI, so scheduling him to install in my Madison, WI home was a bit tricky. He came to my home for an on-site inspection/bid, and we had to wait 3 weeks to get him to install. In terms of quality, John went above and beyond in his attention to detail. I appreciate that he installed using larger 4" PVC pipes (the other contractors said they would do 3" so less airflow), and he told me he was using a more expensive (albeit more power consuming) Radonaway RP265 fan from Home Depot. The fan has very good reviews. John caulked all of the hairline cracks in the basement floor, sealed the sump pump crock, and caulked the entire perimeter of the basement subslate/wall so that even trace amounts of radon wouldn't seep through. John was very considerate of my preference of keeping straight lines and minimal bends in the PVC pipe to ensure maximum airflow. The basement to garage to attic space above garage ended up being a very clean solution that is not obtrusive. I liked that John went above and beyond in listening to my needs and addressing a solution that fit both form and function. I did my research prior to his installation and John confirmed that he installed a condensate bypass kit to prolong the lifespan of the fan, and he also adhered to my request to have a wire guard and cap installed at the exhaust pipe just to prevent birds or other critters from falling in or "dropping their stuff" down the exhaust. I had no concerns of John's installation quality or detail. Where John could have improved was in his post-install follow-up. John normally offers a one-time post install radon reading (he says he uses the consumer-based Safety Siren Pro radon meter that you can buy from Amazon.com) but it ended up being rescheduled, then canceled, and enough time passed by that it never happened. I did request John still follow-up on it, but he must have lost track because I didn't hear back for months. I ended up purchasing my own Corentium radon meter. In the end, the results are what matters. From my home inspection radon readings, I was averaging 11.1 pCi/l with a peak of 22.3 pCi/l. After A.T. Pro Mitigation's install, I was averaging 0.9 pCi/l with a peak of 2.3 (7-day reading). I am very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
John of A.T. Pro Mitigation installed a radon mitigation system in my basement in a single day (roughly 5 hours).

02/20/2014

Sue H.

It went very well. John came out initially to give a price quote. He went over all the strops in putting in the system. When he came back to complete the work, he and Quincy were professional , neat and efficient. John explained all the steps he took to complete the system. He gives a lifetime guarantee that the remediation will keep radon readings below the standard. There is also a 5 year warranty on parts. We ate very pleased with the work John did.

Description of Work
Put in a complete radon remediation system.

02/12/2014

Suzanne H.

Although I didn't use this company since the original guy did finally show up, and give me what I needed based on the warrantee, I plan on using A. T. Pro in the future rather than the other company.

Description of Work
I called this company as a back up provider since the company that put in radon my system was not responding to me. John called me back the next day. I describe what was happening and how the system looked on the outside of the house. He said it was not up to code, and told me when he could come if the other company didn't respond to me. I called him again since I was not getting a response, and we set up a time for him to come. The appointment morning, he called to say he could not make it due to a family emergency, and reassured me he would contact me when he got back to town. This is exactly the kind of communication I was needing from the first company.

08/05/2013

Meghan L.

They're professional and easy to work with. They showed up on time.

Description of Work
I used A.T. Pro Mitigation Systems for radiation test.

01/29/2013

CHRIS F.

Very prompt, very professional and personable. Cost was exactly as estimated as was the time frame I was given for completion of the work. Very thorough in explaining the mitigation pump and it's function, what to expect and what to do in the unlikely event of failure. Follow up testing about 10 days later confirmed the pump is functioning as anticipated. Everything went as expected and I am completely happy with the work I had done.

Description of Work
Great service

Category radon testing

Radon Testing & Reduction Supplies Installation.