Scott Register Carpentry and Handyman Services

Founded 1974 • With Angi since January 2010

435 Highland View

Houlton, WI 54082

Owner-operated. No subs. Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. No extra charge for after hours service. May contact through email.

11/30/2021

Hilbert L.

Experienced and highly knowledgable in multiple disciplines (plumbing, electrical, woodworking- and that's just what I know of). Cares about getting the job done right. A true professional. Plan to hire again. One point off because I think he needs to modernize the tools he uses for scheduling and planning. He's very much in demand so using proper tools to take care of those things would make life simpler for everyone.

Description of Work
Remodel of a Half Bath

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

12/04/2020

Laura W.

I couldn't be happier. Scot was able to do so many small projects and also help me prepare for larger ones. He was able to prep my kitchen for my new counters by removing the 50 year old laminate on the backsplash and then did an AMAZING job on the installing the new backsplash tile. He also replaced the outlets so they matched. On other visits he adjusted my screen doors so they closed properly, patched the plaster in my bathroom ceiling so the painter could finish up their job, and re-caulked my tub. Scot is my go to person for all my handyman work. I have 2 additional jobs that Scot will be working on in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash removal and replacement, bathroom backsplash, Tub caulking, door repair, screen door repair and adjustment among other small things

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

05/18/2020

Julie E.

It didn't. He contacted me April 22, 2020, I texted back. It was another week before he texted me to set up a time to come and give an estimate and texted him back to let him know I am home 24/7. I never heard from him again.

Description of Work
skylight repairs

09/13/2019

Kim W.

We had A LOT of miscellaneous requests for Scott after doing some updating in our home garage. Numerous "little things" that would have either taken us more time due to inexperience and "bigger things" that required more skill than we have and felt comfortable doing. Tasks included updating lighting in our living room and garage, installing two ceiling fans, some finishing work, general repairs here and there, and installing an motorized overhead bicycle rack in the garage. There might be more - I've lost track. I made him a "honey-do" list and he'd check the box off when he was done. Everything was completed wonderfully and very timely. He made some great suggestions for products to help us complete our projects and was able to supply these for us - which is included in the approximate cost of service we list. It took several days to get everything done, and frankly I'm working on another list - more stuff for him to help us with! He is a busy man, so it is sometimes difficult to connect - that is the reason for my "B" grade on responsiveness and punctuality. When he's there - he works and gets things done!

Description of Work
General handyman services

11/01/2018

T V.

Excellent. We enjoyed having Scott work in our home, appreciated his problem-solving skills and his flexibilty with design plans and scheduling. We look forward to hiring him again for other projects.

Description of Work
Construction of deck addition; kitchen and bathroom work

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

10/31/2018

Drew M.

Scott does AMAZING work. His quality is top of the line! We started off with a nasty office space and he came in, saw our vision, and made it come to life. When we were faced with issues, he was quick to problem solve and offer to help. Very fair and reasonable rates. We'll be hiring him again! Super easy to work with! Highly reccomend!

Description of Work
New Wall, Drywall, New Subfloor, Hanging New Doors, Custom Door Build, Ceiling, Duct Work, Trim Installation, Design Consultation

Category drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, glass block, doors

10/29/2018

Laurie G.

Scott did a phenomenal job installing two new doors for us! He was prompt, courteous, and provided quality work. We would not hesitate to hire him again for any future work needed.

Description of Work
Installation of a new front door and patio door

Category handyman service, remodeling, doors

10/29/2018

Laurie G.

We recently hired Scott to repair a small area of ceiling that was damaged from a leak, and also to paint it and our kitchen. He was meticulous and made sure it not only met our standards, but his as well. You will not find a more reasonably priced craftsman who genuinely cares about the client.

Description of Work
Painting and Ceiling Repair

Category handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

10/10/2018

Greg O.

Scott installed a new door and fixed a few doors that weren't closing properly. He also did a few other small projects. His work was done well and for a fair price. We will definitely use him again for similar projects.

Description of Work
Install and fix doors

01/16/2018

Rebecca L.

Scott gets very busy and getting things scheduled could be a challenge. But the result is great.

Description of Work
Remove old deck, replace entry "deck". Scott removed old deck/ramp and hauled old material away. He left the work area in very clean condition. I also needed some cement work completed which was handled by his son--very pleased with result. Unrelated to the deck, I needed a new storm door placed--looks great.

Category decks, handyman service, doors

12/08/2017

J A.

It went great. We hope to hire him again for exterior door replacement and some other interior work. He is very knowledgeable and we feel fortunate to have found a skilled professional.

Description of Work
Interior door replacement for the entire house.

07/31/2017

Ruth A.

Scott is wonderful at recycling or preserving what materials do not need replacing. He hauls away all the replaced lumber and offers to haul other pack-ratted items that I had stored but would never need. His son Steve subcontracted for masonry work on my garage remodel. His son Joe has come onto projects as an assistant or prep worker. Scott does excellent work and his pricing is fair. His skill is worth waiting for.

Description of Work
Scott remodeled my "horse barn" garage, built at least 100 years ago. He rebuilt my small deck, replacing the rotting wood installed 16 years ago. He is replacing exterior trim on the house that has rotted. He fixed a bathtub drain, reaching the sequestered pipes through a port he cut into the drywall of the room next door, then repairing the drywall.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking

02/24/2017

Toni O.

Scott responded promptly and came out to do the job with supplies in hand on a very timely basis. He did the job well and is reasonably priced. I would contact Scott again with any kind of small handyman jobs! He was great.

Description of Work
I had a relatively small job - recaulking my bathtub.

12/20/2016

Trent J.

I contacted Scott through Angie's List on 11/4/16. I received an email from him on 11/7/16. I left both a voicemail and email for Scott on 11/9/16. On 11/15/16 I tried to contact him again through Angie's. On 12/9/16 I received an email from Scott stating that he'd been having issues with his email. I called and talked to him on the phone about our projects. He said he'd call me back the next day (Sat), or early next week to set up a time to come look at our space. I've yet to hear back from him (it's 12/28).

Description of Work
Was looking to get a bid for basement finishing and a mudroom expansion. I found Scott's info through Angie's List and contacted him through the site.

Category handyman service, remodeling

There was no work performed nor any service provided for this member. After receiving this review I contacted this member leaving messages offering to set up a time to stop by. I also offered to recommend other contractors that might better fit his timeline . I received no response from this member.

11/28/2016

Bob L.

He's a general handyman and he is outstanding. It's a little hard to get a hold of him because he's so busy.

Description of Work
He does services around the house. Recently he's done electrical work, flooring, and even laid some carpet.

10/24/2016

Jessica L.

It went well! Scott did a great job!

Description of Work
I needed my satellite dish removed from the roof.

09/26/2016

Shannon C.

Scott did a great job uninstalling (we did a poor job installing the door ourselves) and then reinstalling our front door.

Description of Work
Door installation

09/23/2016

Bob L.

The first time I met him was about eight or 10 years ago and we have had him ever since. When I need help, he is here, immediately. We had a pipe burst this past winter and he and his son were over here within minutes, cleaning it up. You name it, they were doing it. It had mold under the pallets and they worked. He is out here at least five or six times a year and for 10 years. The man can do everything. He put locks on my doors too and he hung a new door. He hung a new door in my family room, a storm door and put locks on the inside.

Description of Work
We used him for handyman service.

09/23/2016

Bob L.

He is absolutely 'A+' all the way, for everything. He comes in and he will do things free because we have him so often. He is wonderful. He put faucets in downstairs and he never charged us. We had the faucets, but still, he put them in. He has put a hot water heater in and we paid him. Everything is punctual, everything works absolutely wonderful. He hauls everything away.

Description of Work
We use Scott Register for handyman service.

07/23/2016

Louis N.

It was measured perfectly and matched the lower railings on the house exactly

Description of Work
Building a railing

Category handyman service, woodworking

07/23/2016

Louis N.

Scott did excellent work! Was so happy with his precise measuring for our countertop and his excellent finish work. Would definitely hire him again. Great rates as well!

Description of Work
Bathroom countertop

11/06/2015

Marie J.

No Show. Note I gave this company a "C" because this is NORMAL BUSINESS in Hudson, WI. If you just show up and return calls you are guaranteed a B. I've tried getting a TON of work done and very few companies actually follow through and show up to do the work! Must be nice to have so much money that you can be this way to customers.

Description of Work
I called to get pricing on completing my Cabin and doing some built-ins. He was very nice over the phone and took my address and all but NEVER got back to me or came by the house. Ended up going with Handyman Matters who actually followed through.

07/10/2015

Lance A.

Scott was efficient and courteous and willingly shared his knowledge, offering valuable advice on our bathroom remodeling project. Scott is the best handyman ever to work at our home.

Description of Work
Scott did an excellent job enclosing our replacement shower stall with drywall and matching the unusual sculpted plaster on the old wall.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

02/13/2015

Lauren W.

He did an excellent on our bathroom!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Category home remodeling

12/27/2014

Michelle M.

Our new spindles look great. Scott is a very nice and honest person. Of course, these traits also make him very busy, so it can take a little while to get on his schedule.

Description of Work
Scott replaced some broken spindles on our 100 year old stairs. He arranged for a woodworking company to make exact replicas of the original (very intricate) spindles, stained, and installed them. The process took a while because the company making the spindles had to redo them due to a mix up; however, the final products look great.

Squeegee Squad

As a Western Wisconsin Window Cleaning Company, thousands of customers have come to trust our customer service-oriented approach to provide a great window cleaning experience. Our window cleaning company was built on a solid foundation and will continue to grow and serve Hudson Eau Claire, & Western WI for years to come. As your local professional window cleaning company, we provide residential, commercial & high rise window washing services. Window washing is an art and skill to leave no streaks, be efficient and use the proper tools we are experts in keeping your home or commercial property looking sparkling. Contact us for a free estimate on Window Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Chandelier Cleaning, and more! Payments options available are cash, credit cards, and checks. Additional location - 2809 E Hamilton Ave #179 Eau Claire, WI 54701.

2022 Super Service Award

Clean & Clear Services

We are a Twin Cities Window Cleaning company providing services to both residential and commercial clients. You can expect quality results and a top-notch customer service experience with us. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee! I look forward to hearing what we can do for you! (We are a fully insured company.)

Offers Coupon

Durapro Painting LLC

We know that your home is your castle. We also know that great painting and home remodeling projects don't just happen. We take our craft seriously. We are extremely professional at all times, from the initial consultation, right through the completion of every job .

2022 Super Service Award

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Handyman with over 30 years of experience, Replacement Windows and Doors, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling and Design, Counter tops All Surfaces, Cabinet Refacing, Custom Cabinets, Finish Carpentry.

Ask for details.