Lake Country Home Services

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2011

801 Crescent Ln

Hartland, WI 53029

Appliance repair at a fair price and fast service. Factory authorized on most major brands, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Kitchen Aid, Jenn-Air, Fisher & Paykel, LG, Speed Queen & Frigidaire. Subcontractor used for plumbing services when necessary.

03/17/2022

Stephen B.

There phone etiquette was bossy condescending and short temperamental. I will used them as the last resort.

Description of Work
Appliance Repair

Category appliance refinishing

04/17/2020

Benedetto G.

I send email to company website explaining the noise coming from the drum and that the washer was 7 years old. Initially I went on line to listened to other videos of washers making the similar loud noise. Service person arrived, listened to sound for 10 seconds and said yes, bearings need replacement and repair will be $600. Who is going to spend $600 on a 7 year old washer!!! So rather than returning my call and giving me a quote over the phone, it cost me a $95 service call. This won't happen again with this company, I can assure you of that.

Description of Work
I only needed a quote to repair/replace sealed bearings in our washer.

08/14/2017

SUSAN O.

Everything went fine. Dean told us each step of the way what to expect. There were no surprises. We love the Dishdrawers and if we need repair work on any appliances we will call this company.

Description of Work
We had an estimate made for repair work on our 2003 Fisher and Paykel Dishdrawers. We decided to get a new double unit, due to the age of our old model. Dean would have repaired our old model, so there was no pressure to buy a new one. He put the Dishdrawers in on a Saturday, while also solving a number of issues due to the age of our home The units cost only slightly more than they did in 2003.

02/02/2017

Jen D.

Installer arrived without a dolly. Luckily I had one, or the unit could not have been moved. Installer did not have any of the necessary materials. Luckily, I had previously purchased them at local hardware store in case installer's prices were too high. Installer did not want to level the unit ("they are level from the factory"). I insisted it be checked and it did need leveling. Installer left one of the pieces in the garage, which I happened to find later. Installer failed to properly adjust one gas burner. My husband and I did it with help from manufacturer.

Description of Work
Hired to install a new gas range with electric oven. They were informed that the new range was in my garage, and the old range had already been removed. Was told the price would be $150 plus materials.

Category appliance repair

Sorry we failed you where making changes to improve are service

10/05/2016

Tony K.

SEE ABOVE, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, LAKE COUNTRY HOME SERVICES IS THE WORST APPLIANCE REPAIR COMPANY EVER !

Description of Work
HAS REPAIRED DRYER TWICE BEFORE, WAS LATE FOR EACH 6 HOUR WINDOW APPOINTMENT AND IS LATE AGAIN TODAY: THRID ATTEMPT AT THE SAME PROBLEM, THIRD TIME I HAVE HAD TO TAKE AN ENTIRE DAY OFF OF WORK DUE TO THEIR SCHEDULING WINDOW THAT THEY CANNOT MEET. DONT FIX THE PROBLEM THE FIRST TIME, SECOND TIME, MAYBE THE THIRD TIME WILL BE A CHARM IF THEY EVER ARRIVE

Category appliance repair

Sorry we failed you thank you for the imput where making changes to better serve are customers

09/20/2016

Michael M.

Friendly, professional service tech. Explained what the issue was and had the part with him. I really liked that they were able to come out only a couple of hours after calling them (being without a working refrigerator isn't fun)

Description of Work
Replaced the inverter control board on our GE refrigerator

02/24/2016

SCOTT J.

As I explained to Angies list before, I bought a coupon and was unable to use it and they refunded the money. We have no issues with the service provider, but can't rate them either. Please stop asking me to review. This request for review has come up for years and Angie's List still won't remove the request, even though we've contacted you about this before. We can't rate the provider, but Angie's List gets a "F" on this.

Description of Work
see below

02/15/2016

Paul .

dThe service guy did the repairs we requested. He also identified other issues to take care, of a torn seal whitch we were able to take care of by simply putting some glue on the tear rather than having to replace the entire seal. This was a no charge item and I thank them

Description of Work
fixed kitchen appliances

01/19/2016

Rick J.

The washer wouldn't run and its symptoms seemed like the main logic board compared to other reports on the internet. The serviceman unplugged the washer and waited 60 seconds or so before replugging it. I tried that several times waiting 10 seconds without success. I wish they'd said on the phone how long we should wait before replugging. $73 does seem a bit difficult to pay for such a simple thing, but he did drive out when promised and he knew what to try better than I did. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Description of Work
Reset the washer by unplugging and re-plugging it.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

12/07/2015

Dan Q.

The service engineer was professional, knowledgeable and quick. The price for a bearing was $100 which I thought was expensive. Other than that, no issues

Description of Work
Address noise in dryer.

10/26/2015

Robert K.

.Verywell, the office understood the problem (no cooling - freezer was thawing} - and contacted him, he responed and came out same day and took care of us.

Description of Work
Replaced the starter for the refrig. motor. He had it with him, was fast clean and efficient.

09/16/2015

Jedd L.

Tom with Lake Country Home Services was prompt, trustworthy and professional. He had to order parts for our repair which arrived very quickly. We would definitely use utilize his services again for any appliance repair.

Description of Work
Repaired our dishwasher.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

06/25/2015

Rhonda Z.

We fired him as the result of the following sequence of events. Technician called me prior to arriving at house asking what problems I was having with my dryer. While I was trying to tell him the various issues, he cut me off and said the order said an F1 error. I said that was one of the issues, and then I reminded him that his instructions were to come to my house, diagnose, and call the engineering team to which he told me he was going to call the engineering team anyhow. He called back and wanted to know what parts had been replaced. I told him to give me a minute to look at the previous repair orders and read to him what they said. He then asked me which board was replaced because "there were two of them," and if I wanted him to order the parts and how was I going to pay for them. I asked how he knew what the problem was without coming to the house and looking at the dryer and was told by him that he knew what the problem was without looking at the dryer. At this point my husband took the phone from me and told the technician that he was fired. My husband tried calling the main number and go no answer. I called back to Whirlpool and reported the incident.

Description of Work
Was dispatched by Whirlpool with the instructions "to diagnose and call engineering team before performing any repairs" on my dryer with multiple repeat problems.

Category appliance repair

We try to be efficant that means we ask questions about what's been done what's going on with the product who paying for repairs, all that information can be figured out over the phone, making extra trips because we don't have a part on the truck cost time and money sorry we didn't mean to be difficult just tried to help

02/10/2015

David S.

Fast friendly service. Tom called 10 minutes before he arrived. Finished within an hour. I felt the charges were fair. I would use their service again and would recommend them to my friends. They had a good rating on Angies List. That's why I called them.

Description of Work
Repaired Maytag dryer.

12/30/2014

Patrick O.

This company is awesome. They went outside the box in getting me reimbursed from the manufacturer concerning a faulty part. And my thanks to Michelle for her extra help!!!

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty heating element in my built in oven.

11/17/2014

Cheryl M.

We had an appointment scheduled which Lake Country rescheduled last minute for the next day. I was not able to ask off work with short notice, and had my neighbor set to be at my home for the service appointment. I was not aware that if I did not answer Lake Country's call confirming their appointment within 30 minutes of the call, it would be canceled. When I failed to return the call because I was teaching a class of 5th graders, and the appointment was canceled, and I was upset. Instead of helping me calm down and reschedule the appointment, Dean was extremely rude to me. He argued how it was my fault that the appointment was cancelled, instead of helping things move forward. Dean hung up on me and then told the office staff, Michelle, that I hung up on him. Then, Michelle refused to reschedule the appointment with me. I found this company to be very unprofessional in their customer service. There are plenty other companies that can do the same important work - I would encourage you to work with them instead. Dean also mentioned they were not on Angie's List...not sure if they were afraid of a bad review!

Description of Work
We scheduled an appointment to fix our Whirpool Dishwasher through Whirlpool who contracts through Lake Country.

Category appliance repair

This could of been avoided if you gave us the phone number of the person we where suppose to call 30 min before arrival per your request instead we got your voice mail and you called back 50 min later and demanded we come out when we where already 20 miles away. The Angie's list conversation you mentioned is a lie we never talked about that and we did try to reschedule the appointment with you. sorry this didn't work out

09/19/2014

Michelle E.

Tom was super helpful, was able to come out earlier than planned date. Super helpful and educated me about the problem.

Description of Work
Gas dryer, thermal fuse burnt.

08/27/2014

Thomas C.

After the installation the washing machine had excessive vibrations during the rinse cycle. Called provider and made an appointment for service 4 or 5 days out. Was given an after 12:30 on Wednesday 8/27/2014 appointment. That afternoon called and was told they were running behind and gave us another appointment for a week out (not hours or days but a week out). How did we drop to the bottom of the list I don't know.

Description of Work
Installed a new LG washer and dryer.

Category appliance repair

We still tried to come out the day we promised but your wife wasn't able to wait for the tech and she needed to reschedule the appointment and was ok with the next available day, apparently it wasn't okayed by you first. As far as the bad review on price you where given the price over the phone before we ever came out and there where no surprises. Sorry you feel we dropped the ball but we did try to help you out as best we could.

05/21/2014

Susan S.

The 'technician' later identified as the owner, came in, called Frigidaire, ordered parts apparently and announced that the parts would be in, in 2 weeks and someone would call me then, as he was walking out the door! The girls in the office were condescending and rude, and 4 weeks later, and supposedly no parts, they were defensive and nasty. I made an appointment last week, May 14th for today and was told I needed to call on Friday May 16th to make sure the parts were in, because they couldn't call me!!!! I called on Friday May 16th and was told the parts did arrive. I called today, May 22nd, 2014 to see what time the technician, Dean, was coming and was told he wasn't, because he went to get the parts this morning and they weren't in. When I asked why no one called me, Christine said it wasn't their fault if the computer said they were delivered, and he wasn't coming and they didn't know when the parts would be there. I contacted the warranty department for Colders' where I purchased the extended warranty, and the supervisor said they first told her they had the parts and he would come, then called back and said the owner/technician, Dean, was not doing this job and the customer ( ME) should find someone else!! The warranty company has now forwarded this to their own quality Department and may consider not using them anymore. This was one of the WORST costumer service experiences I have ever had...

Description of Work
Diagnose and supposedly ordered parts

Category appliance repair

I'm sorry that the job went so wrong most of it was my fault and I did try to call you about it but when my girls in the office where screamed at and treated so rudely over something so small i though it was best you had another service company finish the job

03/06/2014

Karen C.

Removed a lodged penny that was preventing the agitator to work and the drum to spin out and the pump to drain. In and out in less than 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

01/21/2014

Daniel H.

I canceled this service because it was no longer needed.

Category appliance repair

This is not our customer

10/03/2013

JEAN W.

Dean showed up when he promised, had the correct parts with him and was done within a half hour. He even told me how to "fix" the freezer door on my garage fridge.

Description of Work
Fixed dishwasher rack that broke

08/23/2013

JO ANN T.

Did not use. They refused the service request.

Description of Work
The provider did nothing. I was referred to them as a service provider by Haier. I called and spoke with a Molly who told me they would not be able to service my microwave and that they were turning down requests for service because they were too busy.

Category appliance repair

Sorry we could not help you with your appliance repair needs, at the time we had no one in you area on the day requested

06/27/2013

ELIZABETH E.

We expected to be told it wasn't worth fixing because the dryer was 27 years old and needed to be replaced. He could have said the problem was something more serious and more expensive to repair. So it looks like this provider is an honest repairman. Dryer has worked like a charm ever since the service call.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the lint inside that had accumulated in the past 10 or so years and replaced a belt that was getting worn..

06/13/2013

Gordie B.

After reviewing the firm on Angie's List and the Better Business Bureau we contacted them because our LG Refrigerator was making a lot of strange noises and LG had provided their name to us. Although the refrigerator was keeping our food cool we were concerned that it could stop running or worse, resulting in an emergency and possible significant food spoilage. As it happened Dean was in the West Bend area on another call and was able to come over on the same day we called even though it was late in the day. Dean immediately suspected that the problem was the starter and felt at least 80% sure it would solve the problem. Knocking on wood it appears he was right on the money as we have not heard any strange noises since he did the installation. We were very satisfied with his service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Installed a new starter in our LG Refrigerator