A to Z Quality Fencing LLC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2003

4.4

5717 Black Walnut Dr

Hartford, WI 53027

No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. No service fee....

07/06/2022

Michael H.

Had 259' of fencing installed in one day. The crew Chris, Zach, Tony and Josh were very professional and polite. They worked very well as a team. Would highly recommend A to Z quality fencing to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Privacy 6 ft vinyl fencing

06/08/2017

betsy B.

They were fine. We didn't decide to put the fence up for sure, but they were okay. I'm trying to get a fence put up but I'm getting quoted a lot of money. I don't know if they're taking advantage of me because I'm a single female or what, but I still want to get more quotes. They cancelled my first appointment with them at the exact time they were suppose to be there. They just were very mediocre.

Description of Work
They gave me a bid for putting a fence up.

Category fencing

[Member Name Removed], Sorry I just saw this review. Sorry our fence quote was out of your budget. I can assure you we give all of our customers the same pricing and because you are so close to our shop in West Bend you would have gotten the local discount. We would never take advantage of anyone especially a single female. I know its been a year since our quote but if you haven't gotten a fence and want to revisit it we could look into some other options to see if we can fit into your budget. I will say that we do not try to be the cheapest because you get what you pay for. We will not cut corners that may save you a couple of bucks now but cost you more in the future. Again if your still in the market we would be happy to see if we can help you out and if you already purchased then I am happy you got it taken care of.

06/07/2017

Linda W.

Very well. Owner showed up for estimate as arranged. Work was done as scheduled, and looks great. Crew was professional in attitude and work.

Description of Work
I had a privacy fence installed at a daughter's home.

12/26/2016

Michelle L U.

Very well. The two guys came at the scheduled time and finished as planned. $4000

Description of Work
Custom made fence in part of back yard with three gates (one to close off deck steps).

09/22/2016

Joan B.

Fence was placed. We weren't here when the posts were set for the gates, and there was a misunderstanding as to where one of the gates belonged. When we walked off the yard I told them where to place the gates. When I signed the contract, the picture was small and I did not realize one of the gates was not where I wanted it. I did sign the contract. So one of the gates was not where I wanted it, but I did sign the contract so it really was not A to Z's fault. The installers did what they were supposed to do. They did a fantastic job on the fence. It was done when they said it would be, they were great to work with, and they were very hard workers. The fence looks perfect. But we did express our disappointment at the fact that we talked about one thing and got another. We told them we were going to have to put another gate in. A to Z offered to do it for me!! At no cost!! We were thrilled!! They were very nice about it, too. Even though it really wasn't their fault, they wanted us to be happy and put one in. And, it looks great. Thanks A to Z!! I am very grateful for the beautiful fence, and your amazing customer service!!

Description of Work
Backyard fence

07/14/2016

Gregory L.

Crew came on time and finished work the same day. The center post sagged and they came back several days later and corrected that. The fence looked good and we were happy. This was last summer. Over the winter the same center post sagged again, about 6 inches, and tilted in about 8 inches. The post next to it also sagged and tilted in, but not as much. I called Arron on April 29, 2016 and he said hey were very busy and would get someone out as soon as possible. 2 months later I still had not heard or seen anyone. I sent Arron an e-mail asking when someone would be out and never received a reply. I sent another e-mail and heard nothing back.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl , 6' fence, 30' long.

06/11/2016

Christine B.

Overall, the crew was very professional and did the work promptly. They got all the work done in one day, but in the effort to finish the same day, the final sections of fence were not built as neatly as the earlier ones (the top trim pieces on one of the final sections of fence were not as neatly installed, and looked a bit like they were using up whatever wood was left over. However, they did come back the next week when asked, to clear some debris that had been left in the yard, and also installed an extra support on the gate (the gate spans the width of my driveway, so it's large and therefore has a lot of stress on it during normal use). The company who installed my earlier fence (19 years ago) had a nicer finished look to their work, but they also skimped on the gate fence posts (which were to have been 6x6, but only ended up being 4x4), and this current provider used the correct size posts on the gate - so quality wise, I guess it evens out.

Description of Work
Removed existing 19-year old cedar fence in backyard; installed new cedar fence of a similar design. One wall of fence was run in a slightly different configuration, to accommodate a large tree growing over the lot line. The provider also came out in the middle of the winter, to temporarily prop up a section of the old fence that had collapsed during a storm with high winds.

10/14/2015

Jesse S.

Excellent communication ? I had tons of questions and they answered them all very quickly before the project even started. The crew came out and was very professional, and their work was phenomenal. We couldn?t be happier. THANK YOU!!!

Description of Work
Built a fence on a 1/3 acre lot

Category fencing

Thank you [member name removed].....it was a pleasure to work with you.

09/01/2015

Jeffrey K.

Installation went great. They were able to get done in a 3 week window what others could only do in a 6 to 8 week window. Emails/communication were a little lacking, but in the end, everything turned out well.

Description of Work
80 feet of black PVC coated chain link fence

08/24/2015

Nicole A.

Aaron was very responsive to all of my questions. He arrived on time and quickly to get us a quote. He was very knowledgeable - without being too salesy. The crew was quick and finished within one day, which was impressive. Fence looks great. I liked that the style was different than others we had seen. Soon we will be ready to stain/waterproof it - but it looks great one month in!

Description of Work
Installed a 6ft privacy fence around backyard.

06/24/2015

Nancy R.

They were great to work with. I must say though, one of the gates was not placed where I wanted it. I walked the yard with the owner. Pointed out where I wanted the gates, and he wrote it down. When he gave me the contract to sign, I signed it. I could not really tell where the gates were on the contract. Unfortunately, I assumed he would have placed the gates where we had discussed. When the posts were placed, I noticed the gate was not prepared where I needed it. I spoke with the owners wife (she was working with the other workers) and she showed me the contract I signed. I told her to go ahead with the project as a change would have been a big deal. So, be sure you have the gates where you want them in the contract. Even though I walked the yard with the owner, and showed him where I wanted everything, I had to go with what was on the contract after the preparations were done. It has proven to be a pain in the neck, as I don't have a gate going to the back part of our lot where the garden is. Sometime, we will have to have it fixed...when we can afford it.

Description of Work
Fenced in the back yard

06/12/2015

Suzanne C.

The owner, Aaron, came out to survey the job himself and was very courteous and responsive to any and all questions/ concerns. The price was comparative to other quotes received. Follow through/ communication for the job was consistent. The services were completed as stated in the contract. The installer was punctual and very approachable when asked questions. The job only took 6 hours and clean-up was complete. I would recommend this company in the future.

Description of Work
A 44 foot cedar fence with gate

05/20/2015

Steven D.

see above

Description of Work
Called and left 3 messages for someone to call and give me a quote. Never heard from them at all. I will find someone else.

Category fencing

[Member name], We are sorry for your experience. We pride ourselves on returning all phone calls as soon as possible. We usually return all calls in less than 24 hrs. We did recently have all new phones issued and your messages could have been lost in the turn over. I did check to see if we had any messages we missed. It would help if we knew what number you were using. The two numbers that should be used are 414-235-0173 and 414-328-4029. We would love to make this up to. Give me a call and I will get you taken care of asap. Sorry for the inconvenience. Aaron Smith A to Z Quality Fencing

02/19/2015

Marypat K.

Aaron sells a high quality product that is far superior to that sold by many. I spoke to 5 vendors before selecting them - they were the first I spoke to AND the Best! He and his wife worked diligently and did an outstanding job of putting it in. They are hard workers with the highest qualities of working smartly and professionally. My home is now up for sale and I am proud of that fence and it is still in outstanding shape. In 2013 they came out to fix a minor problem. Their quality fence is easy to upkeep as I just took the hose to it and some 409 each Spring. I recently moved to Alabama and hope I can find a high integrity firm with a quality product. I will provide the future owners with A to Z's information so they can call them if anything happens. Additionally, may I add that first of all no slats ever broke or ANY of the tops come off between 2007 and 2014. - and that says a lot as over the years, my Old English Sheepdogs would stand up and put their paws up on the fence so they could greet the passing neighbors!

Description of Work
I hired A to Z Fencing while living in Oak Creek, Wi to put in a 3 sided 6 foot white vinyl fence on 2 3/4'sides of my backyard and a picket fence across the front on both sides and 1/4 on one side. Note, I do not remember the exact date of installation.

02/18/2015

Howard T.

The crew did an awesome job. Professional, fast and good quality workmanship.

Description of Work
Put up a privacy fence.

05/28/2014

Linda M.

I wanted my backyard fenced in--its pretty big and i have 2 dogs that I wanted to run around. I got a several quotes. A to Z came out to my house and did an comprehensive walk around and review of choices of types of fence. (I think his name is Arron--I am not good with remembering names:). I went with the Brown vinyl chain link--I was aprehnsive at first because I didnt want it to look industrial--my back yard is a major park in West Bend and I wanted it to fit it nicely. I had also explained to them that I was having a big party on May 18 and really wanted it installed by then. He could not guarantee that since the weather was so bad. But to my surprise, he emailed me around May 10 or so to say they could be out the next day. It took 2 days, only due to stormy weather that cut the first day short. There was a slight issue with one of the gates being loose. He got someone out within a week to fix it. He was always very responsive to any questions via email and phone when I was deciding what to do and once I put down a deposit. I cant say enough about how much I really appreciate him getitng this done by the time I was looking for and how beautiful it looks. My fears were unfounded about the brown vinyl covered chain link--it is very good quality and looks great. I highly recommend A to Z if you are looking for fencing.

Description of Work
Installed brown vinyl chain link fence in back yard

11/22/2013

Donna K.

installed vinyle coated cyclone fence. went well but found a couple of spots that they didnt attach fence to posts.but will definately use them again.

Description of Work
I used A to Z Quality Fencing LLC.

Category fencing

[Member name removed], thanks for your kind words. Sorry that we missed tiding off chain link to some of the post. That can happen sometimes. Just give. Me a call and we can set up a time to take care of that for you.

09/23/2012

Stephanie A.

Very polite and professional, work was completed in 1 days time. The finished fence was better than I had anticipated and I am very happy with the finished product. They were responsive to emails, very competitive in price, far more professional than any other company I had contacted, and easy to work with. I would definately reccomend them.

Description of Work
Quote on installing a large fence, installation approximately 5 weeks later.

02/19/2011

SADIE Z.

They were very responsive in coming out and providing us with a quote for the work, and proding pros/cons of the various fence materials and types available. We selected A to Z based on price and professionalism. We signed the contract and paid 1/2 down for them to start gathering materials in November. We understood that we were behind some other jobs and that we were requesting outdoor work going into winter, so we knew it would be some time before our job got finished. We sent several emails and calls to check in on the status and timing, and all were quickly returned. Even though we were in no hurry, and understood there would be a delay, I don't believe the job was completed until Feb, which we thought was a bit long, and longer than we were originally expecting. Final product was awesome - I didn't realize how much of an eyesore the fence was before getting a nice new one. (other than the lattice that had already fallen off). The vinyl gates are way lighter and easy to use than the old wood ones, and the yard is a delight to hang out in. I would definately use them again,

Description of Work
Removed an old wood fence and installed a new white vinyl fence with two gates.

07/19/2009

Nancy F.

Once they were here everything went very well. The showed up around 9:30 and finshed at 2:00. They did what we wanted and did a good job cleaning up. They left the sections that they removed so I could have replacement pieces in the future. They also straighten out the existing fences sections that shifted over the past several years. However, there was some initial communication errors through the phone and e-mails that slowed the job scheduling. Once those problems were solved everything was fine.

Description of Work
Replace several sections of a white picket vinyl fence they put in 6 years earlier with about 30 feet of privacy fencing. Old posts had to be removed and new posts anchored.

06/09/2009

Susan K.

The work was finished on schedule with no disruption to my perennial flower garden. I was extremely pleased with the work that was performed and as a result of our project two additional neighbors had work performed by A to Z.

Description of Work
We used A to Z fencing to install a wooden fence around our backyard. The job required removal of an old chain-link fence.

Category fencing, dog fence

09/19/2007

EDWARD T.

The inclement weather and other contract obligations retarded the start date. The work was good, but the hip-lap boards should have been closer - gaps left between many boards.

Description of Work
The job was: existing picker fence will be replaced with new material in existing location, except steel posts will replace cedar posts and ship-lap board privacy fence will replace pickets on east side.

Category fencing

UP UNTIL THIS REPORT, I NEVER HEARD ANY COMPLAINT ABOUT THE SHIP LAP. THE CUSTOMER ASKED US TO MAKE A SPECIAL PICKET THAT LAPPED OVER FOR HIM, WE AGREED TO. HE ORIGINALLY WANTED ONLY AN EIGHT INCH OVER LAP. I DID SAY BECAUSE OF SHRINKAGE THAT WE NEEDED TO OVER LAP AT LEAST A QUARTER INCH. UNFORTUNATELY, IT SOUNDS AS IF IT STILL SHRANK SOME IN THAT AREA. I WOULD ALSO NOTE THAT BESIDES THE DELAY DUE TO WEATHER, THAT WE WERE THE CONTRACTOR HELPING MMSD IN MILWAUKEE ISOLATE AREAS OF CONTAMINATIONS FROM MILORGANITE. WE FENCED OFF SEVERAL BASEBALL AND SOCCER FIELDS ON EMERGENCY BASIS AND THEN HAD TO UNFENCE THEM IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE EPA RELEASED THEM. UNFORTUNATELY SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS ON OUR REGULAR SCHEDULE WERE AFFECTED. WE FELT AS A COMPANY IT WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO HELP CONTAIN CONTAMINATES FROM THE COUNTY'S CHILDREN. IT WAS A PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS CUSTOMER AND WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO OTHERS.

10/06/2006

PEGGY V.

Aaron was very impressive upon the first meeting. His price was lower than two of his competitors bids. We chose to go with A to Z. The install went pretty smoothly. After our fence was up for a few months, our gate needed to be trimmed down as it would not open properly. No one would respond to any phone calls or messages I left. I did send a letter to their home address and they eventually did come to fix our gate. For some reasons contractors seem to not answer phone messages which I find unacceptable. On a good note, our fence is very pretty and does seem to be holding up well.

Description of Work
Cedar picket fence built around our entire back yard including one gate over our driveway.

Category fencing

WE HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THIS CUSTOMER FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW. WHEN WE DID HEAR FROM HER WE RESPONDED PROMPTLY TO HER CALL. WE DID MOVE AND HAVE SOME NUMBER CHANGES SO SHE MAY HAVE CALLED SOME OLD NUMBERS THAT WERE NO LONGER OURS. IF THAT IS THE CASE WE CERTAINLY APOLOGIZE. WE DID RESPOND TO THE CALLS WHEN WE RECEIVED AND FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE GATE AND THE CUSTOMER ALSO RECOMMENDED US TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER AT THE SAME TIME OF THE GATE PROBLEM.

05/02/2006

JILL C.

When signing the contract on April 2nd Aaron stated that the fence would be installed within 2-3 weeks, and that he would call us the week before to let us know what day he would be coming out. On Friday April 21, 19 days later I called the number listed on Angie's list as the business number because I had not heard from him. He was irritated that I wanted my fence installed the next week (which would be nearly 4 weeks) or my deposit bank. He then raised his voice stating I was bothering him while he was on vacation with his family. I tried to explain that due to my husband's work conflict we would need to try to schedule a time to be home for the installation. The fence was installed on April 27th as I requested however there was a significant amount of garbage left in the yard, including sharp pieces that could have injured someone had they stepped on them. My husband also had to re-hang the gate as it was hanging incorrectly, and we were unable to open and close it properly.

Description of Work
We had a chain link fence installed in our backyard for our dog. We contacted several Fencing companies that we found on Angie's list. A to Z gave us an estimate over the telephone based on one of the other companies measurements, and it was the lowest. Aaron then come out on April 2nd to measure for himself and sign the contract. The estimate remained the same. There were some scheduling conflicts, and I would have been much more understanding had I received a phone call from the company to let me know things would be delayed. Instead, I did not receive a phone call as promised and had to call twice to verify that the work would be completed. The company did return messages promptly, but did not take the initiative to contact me regarding scheduling conflicts.

Category fencing

WE ATTEMPT TO SERVICE ALL OUR CUSTOMERS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. UNFORTUNATELY, SOME CUSTOMERS MAKE THAT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. SHE WAS ONE OF THESE CUSTOMERS. FROM DAY ONE, SHE DEMANDED AN IMMEDIATE INSTALL WE INFORMED HER THAT UPON SIGNING IT WOULD BE 2-3 WEEKS WEATHER DEPENDING AND ALSO DEPENDENT ON THE JOBS SIGNED IN FRONT OF HERS BEING COMPLETED ALSO. YES, WE WERE ON 4 WEEKS WHEN WE FINALLY INSTALLED HER FENCE, DUE TO WEATHER AND OTHER JOBS IN FRONT OF HER TAKING LONGER THAN ANTICIPATED. WE GIVE ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS THE SAME RESPECT ONCE WE START YOUR JOB WE WILL NOT LEAVE IT TO GO TO ANOTHER TILL YOURS IS DONE. WE DID KEEP HER INFORMED. SHE CALLED US SO OFTEN THAT I DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO CALL HER AGAIN TO TELL HER THE SAME THING FROM HER MANY CALLS. YES, SHE DID CALL WHILE I WAS ON VACATION WITH MY KIDS. A THREE DAY VACATION AT THE DELLS DURING THE WEEKEND. SHE WOULD CALL AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT AS WELL AS DAYS. AS SHE SAID, WE ALWAYS RETURNED PHONE CALLS PROMPTLY. I GUESS I DIDN'T AND STILL DO NOT THINK DAILY COMMUNICATION WITH OUR CUSTOMERS IS NECESSARY. I APOLOGIZE IF SHE THOUGHT I WAS UNPROFESSIONAL. AS FAR AS THE GATE WENT, I NEVER RECEIVED A COMPLAINT. CHAINLINK GATES ARE HELD ON BY BOLTS AND IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THEY WERE NOT TIGHT ENOUGH AND IF SHE WOULD HAVE CALLED I WOULD HAVE SENT SOMEONE OVER TO FIX IT. AS I WOULD HAVE IF SHE WOULD HAVE MENTIONED ANY GARBAGE OR CUT OFFS WERE LEFT.

11/21/2004

JACQUELINE & DAN H.

AARON SMITH MET WITH US SEVERAL TIMES TO DETERMINE FAMILY AND NEIGHBORHOOD NEEDS (WE LIVE IN A HISTORIC DISTRICT, WHICH HAS RESTRICTIONS). HE WORKED CLOSELY WITH US AS WE SELECTED WOOD, POSTS, AND SIZE, AND ALSO WORKED CLOSELY WITH TWO NEIGHBORS TO ASSURE THAT WORK WOULD BE COMPLETED IN A MANNER THAT ALSO MET THEIR SCHEDULING NEEDS. AARON AND HIS ASSISTANTS WERE COURTEOUS, PROFESSIONAL, COMPLETED THEIR WORK IN A TIMELY MANNER, AND KEPT US INFORMED OF ANY WEATHER-RELATED DELAYS. AARON WAS ALSO HELPFUL IN RESOLVING QUESTIONS INVOLVING ONE NEIGHBOR'S CONCERNS. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND AARON SMITH AND A TO Z QUALITY FENCING NEEDS.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A CEDAR WOOD FENCE AROUND FOUR SIDES OF OUR YARD IN A HISTORIC NEIGHORHOOD.