Geek Squad - Best Buy

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2000

4.1

4610 S 76th St

Greenfield, WI 53220

Local Expert Geek Squad Agents are here to install, set up, and repair your Appliance or TV. We repair most major Appliance and TV brands regardless of where they were purchased. Work is guaranteed for 90 days. We also offer a variety of computer & repair services. Check us out online, by phone, or

07/25/2016

Susan Z.

They worked from it at their location. My computer needed to be cleaned, and put a different anti-virus on it. They were all very nice. It takes really long to do that. I was not able to use my computer for 3-4 hours. After a week my computer starting messing up again. I have had to reach out to them multiple times to fix this. They are very good at responding back, but I am still having issues with my computer. I am now seeing a little bit of a problem, but it defiantly is not as bad as it was. It is frustrating that I cannot get it to the working that I'd like. Everyone I talked to was very nice.

Description of Work
They worked on our computer.

05/26/2016

timothy j B.

Category tv sales

09/17/2014

Amy G.

Best Buy sold me a flat screen TV and wall mount along with cords, sound bar, device to hide cords in wall, and (expensive) universal remote. Since I know squat about this kind of technology I told them "I am counting on you guys to hook me up correctly according to what I want to use this for". The salesperson sold me the wrong mount for the TV which I didn't know was wrong until the Geek Squad brought it to install. I said that's not the mount I picked out. That's not going to swivel 90 degrees! Nice. When they figured out which one was needed for the TV I bought it turned out I couldn't have the one I saw in the store and the right one had to be ordered. 2 More weeks went by. Once it was finally installed and I was watching it while walking on my treadmill I had the volume up to 45 and still could barely hear it. I thought good grief I'm the one telling my husband to turn the volume down all the time so it's not my hearing that's a problem. Come to find out after calling the store again, that apparently most flat screen TVs have tiny itsy bitsy speakers on the backside of the TV that don't really put out much volume and "most people buy additional speakers". REALLY? um then why didn't the salesperson suggest that to begin with? especially since I explained from the start that I'd be on a treadmill watching? Ok so I bought a sound bar, a NICE ONE, that was bluetooth capable whatever that means, and I had them mount it to the bottom of the TV up on the wall. Looked pretty good and I could finally hear it. And got the bluetooth to work besides! bonus! Then my husband says "lets swivel it so I can watch football on it. We tried to turn it and the mount was so stiff we could hardly move it. But the TV was sliding around on the mount as we pulled it! (?) AND the speaker that was mounted tight to the bottom of it loosened up and now hangs down a few inches! Ugh! The whole point was for it to be able to be used facing 2 different ways in the room and to be able to turn it EASILY. (And for it to be up high enough for me to see while on the treadmill) Oh and the universal remote... is made for babies fingers. I have slender fingers but the buttons on that thing are ridiculously small. Even the Geek Squad laughed at them. Had I known these things prior to buying I would NEVER have bought my TV there. I didn't save any money either so ... um I recommend going somewhere else cause it's quite an ordeal getting a wall mounted tv in your home that can swivel 90 degrees. Oh and did I mention I bought a Samsung? TV is great but we already have a Samsung bigscreen down in the man cave so 2 Samsungs in the same room ??? Not so good for remote control. It's a bit laughable I know. Aren't these things that someone who knows about TVs , sound bars, hooking them up , using the remotes ... should know? Oh well live and learn.

Description of Work
Sold me a flat screen , wall mount, cords, in wall cord device, sound bar, remote

10/11/2013

DARLENE H.

Walla GOT IT DONE, price upfront, no hassle, excellent setup, still working years later, save time searching for car alarms give your local Best Buy group a try-I am glad I did, TOPS all the way, and what can you say but THANKS! Hint: Decided on the Best Buy store near south ridge, figuring here we go again it will be hours, well we walked to the shopping strip nearby instead, shopped plus, and both of us wereI amazed when we returned and saw the vehicle already done sitting in the back parking lot of the store-we would ask how long next time, but then again love to shop-mmm- the area to wait was small but clean, safe, and again the help TOPS! The help smiled, was courteous, informative, and again what can you say but Thanks Everybody! GOD Bless! And yes we will be returning to do further business with this store saw some rather sharp mod electric stuff-need to save for now, so excellent place to check if on a budget, or lyon like the newest modern version which is of coarse the high end check them out-. The help all deserves "A" 's P.s. disregard the date had alarm installed do not have the papers here, update later-the years are a blurr.

Description of Work
Very fair price, the old alarm system on a family members vehicle broke so took action as family member was forced to seek immediate replacement due to location of where vehicle is left at times. Best Buy store sprung into action when called-offering wide range of cost effective alarms, and

Category computer repair, car alarms

05/29/2013

Julie A.

I called the "Geek Squad" service center to receive advice for a virus I had on my computer. The service representative informed me that the type of virus I had could not be removed remotely, and that I would have to take it in to the service center to have the virus removed. The service rep was very nice, and helpful, and she set up an appointment for me to drop off my laptop. When we dropped off the pc we were told it would take 3-5 days to fix and we would be notified when it was ready. When I didn't hear from them by day five I called to check the status of the repair. I was then told that they were back logged and it would actually take 7-10 days to complete, and again that they would call me when it was ready. I couldn't understand how we were told 3-5 days and suddenly we were at the end of the line. So I waited 3 more days and called again(this would be day eight). I was told it was ready the day before and I could come pick it up. When I arrived at the service counter I was asked if I had an appointment. I explained that I had just called twenty minutes ago and was told I could come and pick it up, and there was no mention of needing an appointment to get it. She then said it would take about ten minutes; that was fine. Now all of that was irritating enough, but the day AFTER I picked up my computer I finally received an automated call from Best Buy stating my computer was ready to be picked up! I purchased a Geek Squad Tech Support agreement when I purchased the laptop which is why there was no cost for the service. In all fairness the virus was removed completely, and I have had no further issues with the computer. However with the long delay and the misinformation, I doubt I will use their services again.

Description of Work
Removed a virus.

03/03/2009

Wayne G.

The experience was good. Best Buy is good; you can just go in and out. The price for the computer was excellent. They also have a good warranty. The only thing I don t like about them is that they only carry high end products.

Description of Work
My husband bought a Dell laptop here.

Category computer sales

10/09/2008

JEANNE N.

Upon completion and his leaving, my desktop which is just over a year old started to shutdown and had warning of crashing. I then took the computer to the store and asked them to test it. They said it was full of a virus and they would not even add new RAM, recommended that I should have original guy come back. They whispered between each other agents at repair desk as if I was not there and checked if my time for a call back had run out, which it did not and basically said to each other to just get rid of me. EXTREMELY RUDE!! I did call agent Eric back and told him what happened in the store and he told me there was no virus and my computer was definitely not infected.????? He then reran antivirus and computer crashed while he was here and when he tried to reboot it was stalling forever. He then informed me it take a very long while for it to come up and sometimes these things happened and he left. Well, it never did boot up and all my files and everything I had downloaded was lost. My computer was rendered useless. No response when I called back. Just told these things happen. Very, Very disgusted with them.

Description of Work
Came to our house per our request to find our existing wireless network and coordinate it with the router,desktop and notebook computer. We had not been able to connect with our wireless. He then performed a diagnostic check of both computer and made recommendations of setting up better security software. He installed better security software and recommended we increase ram, which we did on notebook. He did uninstallations of programs he felt we weren't using and performed "agent tweaks".

01/07/2006

LAURIE B.

Overall, the service has been very good. We have our computers under the three year warranty. I am concerned about the cost when the warranty expires, however. Also, when you take your computer for repair, you may have to wait three days to a week.

Description of Work
When our computers crash, we take them to Best Buy for repair. There have not been additional costs for repair since they were covered under the 3 year warranty which costs approximately $399.00.

10/17/2005

Jason L.

THE SALES REP WAS NOT VERY WELL-INFORMED ABOUT THE PRODUCTS. WHEN WE ASKED HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS, HE READ TO US FROM THE SALES TAG AND OFFERED NOTHING IN ADDITION. DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION WENT SMOOTHLY AND THE INSTALLER EVEN SPENT EXTRA TIME FITTING THE NEW UNIT INTO A DIFFICULT SPACE.

Description of Work
PURCHASED DISHWASHER.

Category appliance sales

10/10/2005

Carla G.

THE PLAYER CAME BACK SOONER THAN I EXPECTED AND WORKS FINE NOW. THEY PROCESSED ME FAIRLY QUICKLY WHEN I BROUGHT THE PLAYER IN.

Description of Work
THIS WAS A RECORDABLE DVD PLAYER THAT WASN'T READING THE DISC ANYMORE. I HAD AN EXTENDED WARRANTY WITH THEM. THE INTERNAL BOARD WAS REPLACED.

Category

11/09/2001

Description of Work
PURCHASED A TV

Category tv repair

05/01/2000

Description of Work
DRYER

Category appliance sales

Prism Appliance Repair

We specialize in making home appliance repair as hassle free as possible for the customer. You can skip the phone lines and book your service directly on our website. With decades of experience, you can be assured a knowledgeable and friendly technician will be at your doorstep as quick as possible.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Dave's Appliance Service

Dave’s Appliance Service is proud to provide superior customer service and appliance repair to clients in Milwaukee, Waukesha and surrounding counties. Specializing in all major appliance repair, including refrigerator repair and washer repair, the experts at Dave’s appliance service can fix any appliance quickly and affordably. Dave’s Appliance Service is a family-owned and operated company and has provided top-notch appliance repair in Milwaukee for over 50 years. Our reputation for quality, reliable service is one of the best in the business. Dave’s appliance service repairs all your favorite name brands including Frigidaire, GE, Sears, LG, Bosch, Hotpoint and Whirlpool. Additional phone - (414) 358-0007.

Offers Coupon

TV Repair
    Camera Repair
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available
    90 days

Appliance and TV repair, major brands, whether purchased at Best Buy or anywhere else. Delivery and Installation services available for your appliance and HT purchased at Best Buy. Appliances: Refrigerators, Washer/Dryers, Ranges (gas or electric), Dishwashers, Microwaves. TVs: LEDs, LCDs, Plasma, Flat-Panel, Smart TVs, including older TV models. Computer & Repair Services, most brands, whether purchased at Best Buy or anywhere else.