Apex Heating and Air Conditioning

With Angi since September 2009

2789 Allied Street

Green Bay, WI 54304

Apex Heating and Air Conditioning is the area's leader in quality heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. We offer service, repair, maintenance, and installation at a value that is beyond compare. We also offer a no hassle solution to maintain your heating and cooling systems. One low monthly inverstment, no worries!...

09/22/2017

Dan S.

Called at about 12:15 Friday afternoon, Cody the tec arrived about 2:00 looked at the unit took about 15 minuets and had it running as it should be. Very nice guy answered all my questions told me what he was doing and why, extremely professional !!! Got a call from the office a short time later to make sure I was happy whit their service. Will work with them again Thank you APEX Heating and Air Conditioning

Description of Work
A/C was not working

07/12/2017

Joshua L.

They have great customer service. They were in and out very quickly.

Description of Work
They changed the filter and making sure that our heater was running correct.

05/12/2016

Peter J. D.

05/09/2016

David S.

Description of Work
They did a excellent job

01/01/2016

Roger K.

06/27/2015

Karrie C.

The two men arrived promptly as scheduled. They were professional and courteous. They worked steadily through the day. They finished almost 2 hours earlier than anticipated.

Description of Work
Installed new central air.

06/09/2014

Christopher H.

In total, Apex came out four times to do repairs on our boiler. Each time they assured us the boiler was fixed and each time it failed again within days. After they and quot;fixedand quot; it the first time and it failed, they indicated that a $600 upgrade was necessary to keep it from failing again. After this repair, the boiler failed 2 more times. We discussed our concerns with the business owner who was more interested in defending his workers than finding out what he could do to help satisfy our needs as a customer. He was not pleasant to talk to On two of their visits they promised to call us back the next day with information and both times we ended up having to call them after waiting up to 5 days and not getting a call. When it became clear that they were not understanding the problem and, we felt, were just guessing at fixes, we asked for them to provide further repairs for free or at reduced cost, which they refused to do. My main concern is that we feel that we paid a lot of extra money for repairs because the technicians just were not competent and were unable to diagnose the true nature of the problem and get it fixed correctly the first time. Technical competence seems to be an issue.

Description of Work
We have a boiler that provides in floor heat to our house. This boiler quit working and we called Apex to come and repair.

03/14/2014

Karrie C.

Fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about this company. The workers were friendly and professional, knowledgeable, fast, efficient, and stayed until we were completely satisfied with everything they did.

Description of Work
Replaced and installed new furnace and ducts

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

03/02/2014

Gabriel M.

RESPONSIBLE, NO NONSENSE SERVICE.

Description of Work
REPAIRED FURNACE

02/05/2014

Karrie C.

Dan arrived promptly. He did a lot of measuring and inspecting of our house. He is a very good conversationalist. Although at this time we will not be replacing our furnace, when the time comes we will definitely use Apex. Dan was very knowledgeable about our options and he conveyed them to us clearly. There was no charge for the service, but I had to write in $1 to get the form to accept my review.

Description of Work
Quotes for furnace and a/c replacement.

02/05/2014

Karrie C.

Troy arrived promptly, and actually before our scheduled time. Apex called and asked if we would be available for him to come over earlier. Troy was very professional. He spent a lot of time diagnosing all the problems our furnace had. He managed to make our furnace much more quieter. Prior to his arrival it sounded like an airplane was taking off. He was courteous and did his best to leave everything in our house in the manner he found it. We will definitely use apex when it comes time to replace our furnace.

Description of Work
furnace tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

12/14/2013

terry A.

We have a 30-year-old central heating/air unit that we are nursing along to get the most service possible before replacing it. Apex has been stellar from the time we contacted them during the heat wave we had in July of this year and our AC stopped working. They came out right away and took care of everything to get it going again for approx. $80! This after being told the day before from another local heating/AC company that the system was basically fried and needed replacing. We signed up for their plan that charges approx. $18/mth to keep your system in the best repair possible. Anyway, Apex actually called US and scheduled the winterizing service. The young man was not only punctual, but about 5 minutes early. He replaced the filter, tweaked what needed it, and was here and gone in approximately 30-40 minutes. He replaced the filter at my request for $10 which saved us the time and inconveniece of going to the store, buying, then installing it! So happy to have found reputable, professional and honest people in this profession!

Description of Work
Winterized heating/AC unit

10/19/2013

Marsha W.

The first time was last summer during a heat wave when our AC went out. Jason came over and took care of it right away even though they were very busy. This month, I wanted a furnace check-up to get ready for winter. They came on time, did the work I requested, let me know of any issues and were very courteous. I will definitely use them again. Thanks Apex!

Description of Work
This is the second time I have used Apex. 1st time was last summer during a heat wave when our AC went out. 2nd time was this month, I wanted a furnace check-up to get ready for winter.

09/29/2013

Sharon C.

It was a pleasure working with Apex. They did everything they said they would, when they said they would do it. Everything was done to a high standard of workmanship. When we had a minor problem with our system, the owner came to our home within 30 minutes and fixed it on the spot. They were awesome and I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed Central Air system

08/05/2013

Karl H.

I can not say enough good things about Jason and Apex Heating. I can not remember the last time I received such proffessional, curteous, competent service. Jason went the extra mile, and gave us superior service. I am finished with the well known heating and air company we have been using and from now on will use only Apex.

Description of Work
repaired air conditioning

05/14/2013

terry A.

I was so impressed with Jason, and told him several times how very happy I was to have such a knowledgeable, honest and hard-working technician helping us with the problem. It was only then that he informed me that he was the owner of the company, but he trains ALL his technicians to perform at this level, and to achieve this standard of customer care. We will definitely be calling them when we are in need of a new unit - most likely sooner than later!

Description of Work
We were having issues with the air conditioner staying cool enough, so we had requested a service call and were told a technician would be there the following day. Jason arrived on time and in a professional and engaging manner. He promptly set to work AFTER putting on shoe covers to prevent tracking anything in on my freshly cleaned carpets (I appreciated that greatly!). He did not park in our driveway, but on the street so that no one in the household was inconvenienced in any way by his service vehicle. He was SO knowledgeable about every aspect of heating/cooling and the inner workings of the many different systems - from old to the most elite; ours, however is old! He went through the entire checklist of factors that may be affecting the cooling aspect of our unit and made adjustments if needed, all the while ACTUALLY EXPLAINING what he was doing so that I had a better understanding!!! Wow!! He closed the bypass damper, installed a clean filter, checked the freon charge and added what was needed, adjusted the "cool" speed to the optimum setting, whew.....! Additionally, it actually required TWO trips that day because onced he had removed the cover, he found that the unit was frozen up, so he left to keep another customer appointment some distance away, then RETURNED to our house and finished his diagnostic and repair tasks! This was all done for the ONLY ONE $74 DOLLAR SERVICE CALL, the cost of freon ($95 for the 1st lb) and a $10 filter. I couldn't believe it was so reasonably priced - ALL FOR $188 TOTAL!

02/06/2013

Stephen B.

We live in an old farm house with 2 gas furnaces to heat different parts of the living area. I noticed that the one we use less frequently was kicking in but the blower was not working. I called Apex and they sent someone out that very day even though I told them it wasn't really an emergency and we could make due for a couple of days. Their technician Beau arrived to inspect the problem and determined that the blower was indeed shot and could be replaced quite easily but would cost about $600.00 in total to repair an old aging unit. He recommended that it would be more wise to spend a bit more on a completely new furnace in the long run instead of fixing something that would inevitably go bad in the not too distant future given it's age. My wife and I agreed that was a better solution. He quoted a price of $2140.00 to do the job. At first this seemed rather high but when I think about it this included the furnace, all materials to install, labor, custom fabrication of new duct work, and disposal of the old unit. The work was done 2 days later in a single day. Beau was a pleasure to work with. He was prompt, courteous, and professional in every way. His work was top notch. The unit works flawlessly. One more thing I would like to add. He left the work area spotlessly clean which is kind of a big deal with me. I would not hesitate to use this company again or recommend them to someone else. It's refreshing to work with an outfit that does quality work for an honest price. Special thanks to Beau.

Description of Work
Replacement of 36 year old gas furnace with new 80% efficient unit.

12/07/2012

Colleen N.

The work was remarkable. We are two young female business owners, and have no experience with home renovations or construction, and certainly not HVAC systems. As a result of the lack of experience, we often find ourselves vulnerable to being taken advantage of. We were referred to APEX and we were told that we could trust them to be honest about what we did and didn't need, honest about prices, and perform quality, reliable work. APEX more than lived up to the reputation. Their technicians were professional and timely. They answered our many questions in terms we could understand. They were honest about what we really needed and what would be best suited for our needs. At no point did I feel like we were being and quot;soldand quot; on anything. When it came time to do the installation, they were on time and even finished early. When removing the boiler became a messier than expected job, they had the building cleaned from top to bottom. The work done was fantastic, the equipment runs seamlessly, and we have never had any problems with the system they installed. I would recommend APEX to anyone needing HVAC work, whether as small of a job as a tuneup to a completely new system.

Description of Work
Apex removed the near 100-year old gravity furnace in our building. They replaced the furnace, reworked all the duct-work, most of it had to be custom-built. They also installed an air conditioning system, which we never had at this building.

09/27/2012

Jill F.

I was impressed with the explanation and service performed. Troy was very professional and treated me with respect. I would definitely recommend Apex to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Did troubleshooting for a furnace issue that had been misdiagnosed twice by another service provider. Did timely troubleshooting to diagnose the problem. Also did overdue cleaning, tune up and maintenance. Repaired a leaky seal. Revented furnace properly...Replaced furnace exhaust with a larger diameter PVC that was too narrow for the distance and configuration of the original piping from furnace to outside. Also reconfigured the exhaust and intake termination outlets outside.

06/10/2011

Jean D.

It went very well overall, they did have a delay in getting the AC unit itself, but called me first thing and told me when they expected it to arrive and they were correct and on time with their second time. No don'ts as far as I can see. I can't wait for it to warm up again so I can try it out.

Description of Work
Installed central air into a house that did not have it. There was a lot of work involving getting my old furnace and the new AC to work together. It was not an easy job, they did the work, they worked steadily and they were very nice and polite while doing it. They cleaned up after them selves, they explained how the new unit worked and what I would need to do in the future to keep it operating like new. I was a very satisfied customer.

11/04/2010

Alex C.

If I could give Apex better than the A rating I would! From start to finish Scott from Apex was wonderful. He spent about an hour and a half of his time explaining the options to me. Also their quote was unbeatable and there were no additional costs. When we made the decision Apex was there within a week to install or furnace and A/C. We could noy be happier with the product or the service!

Description of Work
We purchased a furnace and air conditioner from Apex and they installed it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, appliance sales

09/30/2009

Becky G.

Absolutely fantastic! We had several estimates prior to choosing a company and we were won over with Jason's knowlege and commitment to HVAC. We were new home owners and what really swayed us was Jason's honest and down to earth explination of the whole process, he was not just a salesman, he spoke in terms anyone can understand, honestly and openly. We were sold on his knowlege, the price was a bonus!

Description of Work
instalation of home cental air system.

09/30/2009

Becky G.

Jason quickly ID'd furnace problem and explained exactly how and why furnace was not working. Did some minor adjustments, explained options if this was not a permanent fix. Basically furnace running too hot because it is oversized for house, typically a spring and fall problem, and this did happen last fall too.

Description of Work
Furnace not working phoned APEX and had same day service

09/25/2009

Sheryl B.

Apex was not our cheapest estimate, but Jason assured us that the quality of the equipment and installation would more than justify the cost. We couldn't have been happier with the installation. The attention to detail and craftsmanship was second to none. We have seen systems in other homes, and although we don't know much about these things, it's not hard to see that the quality of work in our home far exceeds the status quo.

Description of Work
Apex Heating installed the radiant floor heat and air conditioning in our home. The quality of their work is exceptional, and we are very impressed by the performance and reliability of our system.

09/22/2009

Edward L.

Called APEX to check A?C unit. Previous contractor did nothing to fix the problem. He reviewed what had been done and only did the additional work necessary to fix the problem. He cleaned the coils and the fan wheel (where the first contractor said he could not do it without a hose and water (this is a closet unit, water could not be used effectively). He also set the fan speed up to assist in the cooling. In and out in 30 minutes.

Description of Work
Reviewed the previous vendors work report. Did not duplicate test already preformed. Cleaned condenser coils and blower wheel. Set indoor fan motor to high speed for greater cooling.

Recoveron

We are a general contractor that can handle your entire project from start to finish, including interior and exterior remodeling of your home, interior and exterior painting, and basement finishing and remodeling. Recoveron is also an experienced Fire, Smoke, and Water Restoration and Mold Remediation company. Our company has been in business for over 20 years, with a staff with experience and skills in multiple fields. If you would like to get your remodeling project done at a reasonable rate, call us!

Mad City Windows & Baths

We are the premier home improvement company in Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee & throughout Wisconsin with years of experience and countless home improvement projects to prove it. We’re locally owned and operated so we know what works best in this climate and we choose quality products designed with Wisconsin area homeowners in mind. Whether you need replacement windows, vinyl siding, bathrooms, or metal roofing our professional installers will leave your home looking great.

HOCKERS PLUMBING INC.

Hockers Plumbing Inc. has been providing the greater Green Bay area EXCEPTIONAL service for over 45 years. Call us today to keep your home's plumbing running smoothly. Service - let our courteous, honest, trained professionals help maintain your home. -Remodel - Kitchen and Bathrooms start to finish -New Construction - Best Customer Service in the industry -Best of the Bay Finalist 9 years in a row & De Pere Chamber of Commerce Excellence Recipient

Free Estimates on New or Replacement Equipment

Heating & A/C, Ventilation, Radiant Floors. We offer Installation, Service, and Repairs on all of your HVAC needs!