DAVID J FRANK LANDSCAPE CONTRACTING INC

Founded 1959 • With Angi since May 2000

4.2

N120W21350 FREISTADT RD PO BOX 70

Germantown, WI 53022

With more than 250 professionals on staff, David J. Frank is a single-source, turn-key solution for all your outdoor needs. We guarantee our work and offer competitive pricing on services that are second to none. Learn more at www.davidjfrank.com!

09/19/2018

Lori I.

This company does landscaping for a hospital in Milwaukee, it is gorgeous, however the employees on multiple occasions were seen hitting & killing rabbits! Yes, killing rabbits with their shovels, disgusting. I will never use them.

Description of Work
Landscaping for a hospital in Milwaukee

03/03/2016

Jeff F.

I used this company twice and each time from the begging I had some issues with people who came to the site, because they didn't work as it should be. I called the company and complain about this. The response was a little bit late but the sale person came to the site, saw the mess and din't charge us for this work. we did reschedule cleaning and second time I got 3 people include the sale person came to my house, did the job, quick, perfect and were listening to my wishes. The price was a little bit high but I love the result. The second issue was i got wrong statement from them for the job and needed to call to fix it. From my experience they can be really good but they need be supervised and pay attention how many hours they working because my first time they overcharge me for the time.

Description of Work
Fall clean up and prooning

12/14/2014

Adam J.

The overall process went smooth. The fill dirt could have been slightly higher quality, it was quite rocky. Overall it was a great experience at a fair price, I will likely be using them again this year.

Description of Work
Removed an old overgrown juniper bush, graded, installed 5 shrubs, seeded.

10/20/2014

AMBER G.

Living across from Alverno College, I've witnessed the beauty of David J Frank's landscaping work over the years. What better company to contact for both landscaping and hardscaping needs? I knew they did great work and felt that they could create a look for my home that was harmonious with the College. Unfortunately, I've never heard back from them. I feel I gave them more than enough opportunity through email and 3 telephone calls. While I admire their work, I have to give them an F for not at least offering a courtesy call.

Description of Work
No work was done by this contractor.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

05/12/2014

branka N.

Never responded to my message asking for an estimate for lawn care.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category landscaping, lawn service

We're sorry to hear that you didn't get a timely response; we make every effort to follow up with each call or message, but of course spring is our busiest time of year and working through a third party system can sometimes slow this down. If you have other needs and would be willing to give us another chance, please contact us directly at mail@davidjfrank.com or 262.255.4888. Thanks!

03/20/2014

Andy P.

We weren't very impressed with the quote or the work they did. They were good on responsiveness. Everything else was fine but they just didn't impress me with their skills.

Description of Work
David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Incorporated provided us a quote for grading and landscaping.

02/01/2014

NITIN K.

The crew was working on my neighbor's lawn and I requested them to look at it. Found out that they are booked for 2 months and couldn't do a clean up job for even 2 hours. We were not looking for the lowest cost but time was impotant for us.

Description of Work
Looked at spring clean up work.

Category landscaping

We're sorry we were unable to help you but of course spring is our busiest time of the year. While we do our best to accommodate new requests, we must take care of work and projects already contracted. If you'd be willing to give us another chance, please contact us early for more convenient scheduling ... 262.255.4888 or mail@davidjfrank.com. Thanks!

01/07/2014

SUE W.

We had built our new home and needed landscaping done. We decided on David J Frank not based on price but on their service. They are a little pricey but I believe you get what you paid for. Vance Barnes our designer did a fantastic job creating just what we wanted. He listened to out needs and wants. The plans were very inclusive incorporating, trees, plants, patios etc.Our plants are beautiful and colorful. They are and quot;timedand quot; so that as one plant is slowly fading away with their blooms or beauty another plant is taking its place as a show piece.We have visual interest year round, including winter. This was my most important request and they designed it right. I couldn't be happier. What I like is we also received a booklet that had color pictures of all the plants they were proposing to use. It helped a great deal in the visualization. Even now, we use it to recall the names of the plants we have. The workers who installed the plants were professional. We did have two trees ( out of about 15) die after the first winter. We got them replaced with no problem or hassle. The replacements and all the trees are going strong five years later. Hardly any of our plants have died and that includes that horrible summer of the drought. They definitely use high quality plants and trees. They gave us the blue print plans for our landscaping, which is nice since we did not do everything at once and can slowly do some on our own.

Description of Work
Designed and installed plants for new home contruction

Category landscaping

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] ... we're so happy to hear that your yard is, literally, living up to your expectations. Please contact us at any time if you have questions or concerns, or if we can help with another additional outdoor improvements. Happy new year to you!

10/01/2013

Bruce A.

Erin Mauer, my contact at the company, did a fantastic job--she met with me to plan the project, delivered an estimate promptly and scheduled the work as soon as I gave the go-ahead. The work crew was professional and hard-working. They did a wonderful job pruning some badly overgrown shrubs so they now look beautiful. They also did a wonderful job in the natural areas--maintaining the natural plants while removing invasive plants and doing some judicious pruning. Erin and the work crew have a wonderful eye for landscaping. Erin managed the job well and met with me at the end to see if I wanted any additional work done. I could have found a landscaper with lower prices, but the outcome is excellent and I believe I received an excellent value from the David J Frank team.

Description of Work
Our landscape maintenance had been ignored for some years. The David J Frank team did extensive pruning, weeding, removing unwanted trees, shrubs, invasive plants and weeds, regrading beds near the home where soil had settled, etc. Their work included rehabilitating beds near the house that were badly overgrown, and rehabilitating large natural planting areas with many invasive species.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, lakefront landscaping

06/10/2013

SARA B.

I didn't use them because they were too expensive. I called them directly and they came out a couple of days after the call and gave me a quote. It was way to high and I pretty much did it myself. They were very polite and professional.

Description of Work
David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Inc came out and gave me a quote. I wanted a retaining wall built around a flowerbed in the front and back of our house. They also quoted on reseeding grass and weed control.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, hardscaping

05/20/2013

Paul S.

Not a good experience. We have had multiple issues with plantings. It seems they took plantings from another job that were tore out and replanted. There was a lot of grass growing out of the middle of the plantings as well as a lot of weeds. They did come out to replace them, but we still had the same issue. We also have lost a lot of the plantings because the layer of topsoil they put in was only about 3 inches, and there is a lot of gravel underneath that. We had issues with the pond leaking, which was fixed. This year we are noticing the patio brick is sinking and we also are having issues with weeds coming inbetween the bricks, which we were told were sealed and would not happen. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Description of Work
Installed patio, re-did pond, added lighting and walk.

Category landscaping, fountains, outdoor lighting

Thanks [member name removed], it was a pleasure working with you and we hope you'll think of us if you or a friend needs additional help in the future. Have a great summer in your new yard!

05/13/2013

Danielle S.

We worked with Allan and had an excellent experience. He met us out at the property and went over all of our options and got a feel for what we wanted, and what would look best. A few days later we met him at the office and he had a complete landscape design ready for us- and we were very impressed. We were able to see what the plants he was proposing looked like (across the seasons), and we were able to get a feel for the layout. He also gave us options (sod vs seed) and also let us know that we could make changes to reduce the price. He was very helpful and informative, and never made us feel pressured. In the end, after meeting with several landscapers, David J Frank was in our top two for choices. Although their price was higher than most, they also offered a lot more than many others and certainly had our interest. It was a tough choice for us- and we decided to go elsewhere, but should I need any additional landscaping done in the future I would certainly consider them. (The only reason we decided to go elsewhere is because of a recommendation that we received)

Description of Work
We recently built a home and had consulted with David J Frank for complete landscaping (sod, shrubs, trees, flowers, etc.).

05/06/2013

Carrie R.

David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Inc. were good. They were professional. They did their job and they did it well.

Description of Work
We used them to open up our sprinkler system and repair a broken hose.

Category irrigation systems

12/12/2012

Tom W.

The thing with David J. Frank Landscaping and his predecessor is that they have a lot of turnover. We pay them a couple hundred bucks at the beginning of the season and for that we get about five or six fertilizations and weed control. They always leave their card on the door so that we know they've been here. They are responsive and very professional.

Description of Work
We have used David J. Frank Landscape Contracting to help us with the lawn and to recommend things. We did have them do some work in the backyard as well. We just call them in when we want to do something.

Category lawn treatment

10/15/2012

Owen and Karen W.

Consulted with us on the planning and presented different ideas, presented the timeline and they have always baccuse schedule, they minimized the inconvenience, everything was well thought out and they continue to follow up to ensure we are satisfied.

Description of Work
We have had a variety of jobs done and continue to use their services. They have done excellent work and we are very happy with their work. They have redone our patios, landscaped, planted new trees and shrubs, built a small enclosed garden.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, masonry, mulch, tree service, holiday decorators, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

07/05/2012

Lauren B.

I had a very good experience with Frank Landscaping. The deck they put in has held up real well and guys who came out to do the job were really good. The price was a little high.

Description of Work
We used this company quite some time ago for a landscaping job. They put in a deck and some hardscaping.

Category decks

06/21/2012

Carrie R.

They did a good job. They repaired an irrigation line. I would recommend my friends and family members to use the services of this company if they need to. I would use their services again in the future if I need to.

Description of Work
I used the services of David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Inc. for some irrigation work.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

02/02/2012

MICHAEL U.

The company was timely and thorough as usual. Its price was reasonable, too.

Description of Work
They closed down my irrigation system for the winter.

Category irrigation systems

01/26/2012

ERIC & PATRICIA J.

They cleaned up well and did everything that we were hoping they would do to get the landscaping looking good again. They were really great. They were fairly priced too. I didn't dislike anything about them. I have referred them to others. Several of my neighbors use them. We have received a quote to do something in the spring.

Description of Work
We used David J Frank Landscape Contracting Inc. for landscaping and spring cleaning and pruning of our yard.

11/29/2011

Paul C.

They charged me $1200 for purchase of the trees and planting them. They were relatively expensive but these trees are already 12 feet tall. We planted them for screening and we needed them to be as tall as we can get them. The price was high mainly because of the difficulty in transporting them. There were two trees and each of them was 12 feet tall. I think they were fine. We knew them earlier. I checked with many of them about doing this job and found out that there were only a few of them who can do this. The whole process was not easy. I checked with several of them about what kind of tree I need to buy and other things. I finally found that only David J Frank Landscape Contracting Inc could do this job. I looked them up on Angie's list as well. They did a nice job and cleaned up well. They were very responsive. They treated us very well.

Description of Work
I live in a rental co-op and we use David J Frank Landscape Contracting Inc for regular lawn service and snow removal in the winter. In addition to that we recently used them to purchase and clamp a couple of trees for us as a part of streamline along the backside of the house.

Category landscaping, tree service

11/28/2011

Tom L.

We have used them on three or four occasions over the years and we have had nothing but good luck with them. They do good work, follow up and there are never any come backs required. I would work with them in a heartbeat. They are good on customer care, answer questions, listened to what we were looking for and then the job itself was done very well. They have quality workmanship and I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used David J Frank Landscape Contracting for landscape service.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service

09/28/2011

Judy P.

They were fast and efficient. The work was done right and the grass is starting to grow.

Description of Work
They re-seeded part of lawn due to grubs killing the grass.

Category lawn treatment

08/11/2011

david D.

We've used them probably for the last fifteen years. We have a contract with them on a yearly basis. They do a very good job. I'm very satisfied with them. They come when they say they are going to come. They respond instantly. In general they've handled most of the problems we've had in a pretty timely manner. Basically I think the most important things about them are, they are timely, responsive and realistically knowledgeable about what they're doing. We will use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
We used David J Frank Landscape Contracting Inc for our lawn and yard work. We used their services just today. They basically take care of our lawn on a yearly basis. They prune trees and bushes, and do lots of other things. They do the property management for us. They also do landscaping, hardscaping and pavers for us. They do lawn irrigation, fertilization and treatment, mulch and topsoil as well. They put in gutter extension for us in the past.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, drain pipe, property management, hardscaping

08/06/2011

ERIC & PATRICIA J.

They were punctual, professional and conscientious. The flower beds and bushes looked wonderful and they were able to schedule us in the window of time after the lilacs bloomed but before they began forming new buds for next year.

Description of Work
Pruned lllacs, vibernum and roses. Edged flower beds.

07/27/2011

Katie B.

We were willing to have a 12-15k fence placed and contractor promised on more than three occasions to install fence. Contractor would not return phone calls or emails unless manager was contacted. For the past THREE years we have been promised a fence-we do not have one. We were willing to pay about 15k for front yard landscaping, but contractor never followed through. Terrible service, contracts signed-thank goodness we did not give a down payment for empty promises. Overall, we would have contracted 50k for landscaping but apparently this is not important to them. I would not recommend for any service-I think three years of poor service is enough.

Description of Work
We requested a landscape plan-compleded, however, contractor did not listen to our requests or suggest appropriate planting needs-full sun trees placed in shade location, etc. We cut down existing trees with the plan for contractor to remove stumps-after multiple calls on our part stumps were removed.

Category decks, landscaping

We care about every customer's experience with us, and while we can't go back in time and undo bad feelings, we apologize for not living up to our promise and your expectations. We have refined several programs in recent years that provide checks and balances and accountability for service performance, and assure our clients and prospects that we take your satisfaction seriously. Anyone with questions or concerns is encouraged to contact Mr. Frank by calling 262.255.4888 or send a message to marketing manager Mara Adair at maraa@davidjfrank.com.

BK Outdoor Services LLC

Offering -Tree trimming/Tree removal -Land clearing -Lawn care/Fall cleanup -Winter snow clean up

2022 Super Service Award

Clear Vision Cleaning, LLC

All of us are meticulous not only about window cleaning and washing of siding, decks, and roofs but also about customer care. We greet you with a smile and go the extra mile, getting every corner, seam, and surface as spotless as possible—always making sure you're completely satisfied with the results. If this is your first time working with Clear Vision, it probably won't be your last.

TWEETY'S COMPLETE PAINTING SVC

Tweety's Painting is a full service painting company. Interior and exterior projects of all sizes are welcomed. Tweety's Painting has 2 operating locations in Wisconsin and Florida. The Wisconsin location was established in 1984. The Florida location was established in 2007. Tweety's Painting provides both general liability and workers compensation insurance coverages. Tweety's Painting is a drug free workplace. Each and every employee has an average service time with the company of 10 plus years. Our Wisconsin location has painters that have worked for us for over 25 years . Other services that we provide include Wall paper removal and drywall textures and repairs. Our family business was built on Quality and Honesty.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Complete, award-winning landscape design, construction and maintenance services, including in-house departments specializing in irrigation, lawn care, carpentry, masonry, tree care, holiday decor, interior plants, snow removal and more. Since 1959, we've been taking pride in offering the best for every style and budget.