Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2009

7673 Wernick Rd

De Forest, WI 53532

Manthe Lawn Care is a full service lawn care and snow removal company servicing greater Madison and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on top-notch quality service.

09/07/2015

Jenny B.

They did reply right away to the "Big Deal"arrangement to set up a date, but then it took a long time to actually get the date set. We were told that they had a "different crew" that did the Angie's list work. We had a lot of lawn damage due to tornado damage and clean-up with heavy equipment that had to cut down trees that fell. We really needed lawn "patch" repair, fill dirt with seed and then leveling areas that were damaged. We also had some mulch to move from tree root digging and a few bushes to plant in a new area. They came to look over what was needed and said it would be fine to do. They also said that they could do a weed and feed to take care of so many of the weeds that had occurred due to all the damage. But, we were very disappointed in the work. The "fill" was a little dirt spread around in some areas with grass seed thrown around on it with hay cover. One area did have the mesh put down. We followed the directions for watering the grass, but in the spring we had very little to no grass, just weeds. The mess started pulling up and was very weedy. The other disappointment was how the bushes were planted. We asked them to till the area since it was beat down by workers repairing the fence. They said that would be fine. We showed them our tiller and he said that was fine. But, as soon as he started he said it was "too hard to do" and "too many rock" so only put the mulch on and then planted. So, this spring we had many weeds and day lilies that came through the mulch. I emailed the company of our concerns with both our phone and email. We never, ever, got any response back. Very poor customer service and the yard looks horrible. We will have to pay someone else to re-do it. The weed and feed also did nothing, weeds all over the lawn this year.

Description of Work
What we asked for, and were told they could easily do, was to plant some bushes and mulch the area, re-seed l and put in some fill dirt in lawn areas that had storm damage (due to a tornado and following clean-up) , put on weed & feed to get rid of so many weeds that had come up from the damage.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service

02/22/2015

Sandie S.

We had an existing contract with Rick's Lawn & Garden. That business was sold to Manthe Lawn Care (MLC) and Landscape Construction, LLC, and all of Rick's contracts were transferred with the sale of the business. The new service was weak and sporadic - they didn't stick to the schedule, and the quality was awful. Communication with MLC was inconsistent, and when I reached out to them after they hadn't mowed for 3 weeks, I was told they were trying to save me some money. They also claimed 4 mowings in October (they showed up for 2), but couldn't provide date they had been there. Fall cleanup routinely cost $85. They sent me a bill for $368.00, and no fall clean was conducted. I called to ask what work they had performed as it was clear to me they hadn't been there. They were unable to provide this information. I told them I didn't plan to pay $368 for services that were not performed. They told me to disregard the bill. There were several other discrepancies where I was billed for mowing, and no work was performed. Given the horrible service, we will not be doing business with these folks again. If you're wondering if you should retain them for lawn care, my recommendation would be to run the other direction.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing for 3/4 acre residential home, trimming, and blowing.

Category landscaping, lawn service

01/27/2015

Tina K.

They're good. They did the job alright. They followed my instructions. The staffs are very fast and they did their job too.

Description of Work
I used the Big Deal of Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction, LLC for landscaping service.

01/21/2015

veronica T.

Badly - they never showed up and I paied $300 up front for thhe "Angie's list deal".

Description of Work
I bought a deal through Angie's list, which was supposed to be $300 for 8 hours of service. They emailed me a couple of times to ask clarifying questions, but then they never came out. I emailed them to ask when they could come by, and hey never responded.

Category lawn service

10/20/2014

Lynn T.

The service went well. They did a very good job and were very efficient workers. Two people came out for the job and completed it in about 3 hours. They had all the right tools to do the job. The were great at explaining what they would do and scheduling went very smoothly. The person who came out to give the bid also came out for the service.

Description of Work
I hired the company to install bark around the trees and beds.

Category mulch

09/03/2014

Kurt H.

Simply was unable to get a quote for services after numerous attempts over a few weeks time to try and get it. No work was ever performed.

Description of Work
Rick's came out to look at helping us get a lawn growing. I also wanted to get some landscaping ideas around our new home. He said he would work up a price and get back to me. After numerous attempts to get a quote from him I never heard back from him. I am moving on to another landscaper.

06/01/2014

Larry S.

All work was done on schedule. All appointments were kept in a timely manner. Work performed slightly exceed original specifications but quoted price was not changed.Work area was cleaned completely after completion of job. I would recommend this company to others and will hire them again when required.

Description of Work
Removed hedge and replaced with 10 plants. Installed rock bed under new plants and an additional rock bed on the opposite side of the house.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

05/27/2014

Sherry D.

They did an excellent and professional job, taking care around my existing plants, and keeping everything neat and tidy. The job was difficult and they did very impressive work. They worked hard and got it done in a timely fashion, and were extremely polite and fun to deal with. I would have them do more work in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Totally rebuilt a large raised garden box (which houses a small pond) which included taking apart and removing the rotted one that was there. A lot of hard work!

12/27/2013

Michelle S.

I know that when it snows Adam and the rest will be here before I need to be anywhere to make sure I can get where I need to be. I would have no one else doing the snow removal and have already hired them to do our lawn care next year.

Description of Work
Plowed my drive and shoveled my steps and my sidewalk.

Category lawn service, snow removal

12/19/2013

Paulette N.

Excellent workmanship! Prompt, courteous, and professional workers and foreman. When they gave the estimate they stated it would take a week. Due to the awful weather (rain, wind and very cold), we didn't expect they could make the week's time frame. They finished in one week and one day!!! VERY HAPPY!!!! We highly recommend them and will use them again.

Description of Work
Rebuilt a large rock retaining wall, saving all current established plants, trees and bushes

11/20/2013

Lynn W.

Easy-peasy! Sent an e-mail, and after all the leaves came off the trees, came home to a perfectly cleaned lawn. Gutters cleaned too, all for a reasonable price. Didn't meet any of the workers, but they sure did a great job. I'll use Rick's the next time I need help with the lawn.

Description of Work
fall cleanup of lawn (raking/clearing/mowing) and gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service

10/07/2013

CHRISTIE S.

I called Rick's. I received a quick reply. A day later I received an estimate of $600 to rebuild the wall and $100 to haul away a large brush pile. A week later the wall was fixed including reattaching a piece of house trim that fell off due to the shifting of the wall. The workers were very capable and extremely nice. I would highly recommend them and would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Rebuilt a fieldstone retaining wall and hauled away a large brush pile.

06/07/2013

Laurence A.

Every time I tried to get in contact with them they NEVER were available and Each and EVERY time it took them 1 and half week to get back to me with any information.

Description of Work
Took them over 1 and a half week to get back to ANY request I made of them; seems they might be not on par with any one able to contact them and have them get back to you with any kind of responsiveness.

06/04/2013

David B.

He is slowly turning his business over to another guy. The other guy came out and was real nice and gave me an estimate. The experience was good. He told us what needed to be done and how much it would cost. He gave us a couple of alternatives we could use. I probably won't use him because the retaining wall is going to cost a lot more than I thought it would.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Ricks Lawn & Garden to put up a retaining wall.

Category hardscaping

05/29/2013

Jim G.

Showed up special on a busy day. great job

Description of Work
Fertilized; mowed lawn

Category landscaping, lawn service

02/11/2013

Keith C.

Ricks guys have taken care of multiple commercial properties for me for the past several years. Before we started using Ricks we frequently had customers & tenants reporting problems with snow removal & ice build up. We'd even been threatened w/ a lawsuit b/c of a fall. Once Rick took over the snow removal duties the same tenants who complained before have made it a point to complement their work. This has been an extremely difficult year for snow removal & I have to say Ricks guys couldn't be doing a better job for us. We did have one (unavoidable) patch of ice form on a parking lot this year, a tenant notified me, I immediately called Ricks office. Within 15 minutes someone had been there to salt the spot & they sent me a text with a picture of the area. Amazing service. I know there are a lot of others who plow snow & might be cheaper but for us the service Rick provides is priceless.

Description of Work
Service above & beyond what I expected.

Category snow removal

12/03/2012

Keith C.

I will hire Ricks in the future for anything I need done. He and his guys, most of whom Ive seen on every project over the past 4 years, have my business until they don't want it.

Description of Work
Rick & his crew are outstanding to work with. This is my first time leaving a comment on Angieslist & there couldn't be a better company for me to leave it with. I've had Rick do work for me in years past and I've stopped having other companies even provide me proposals for work I want done. If Rick says he can do it, he can & it will be done right & at a fair price. Ricks crews have always been professional, polite & always kept the job site clean. 4 years ago his first project for me was some boulder walls. I gave Rick very little input & he created what is now the focal point of the back yard. Every year we've had Rick's create something new to help us add value & enjoy our outdoor spaces. Our latest project was 3 seat walls around a new pool which created the perfect combination of privacy yet allowed the pool area to feel open. There were several grade/drainage issues which he & his guys worked through to create a space that's better than we thought it would be. Ricks employees were all just as patient as Rick while my wife & I struggled to make some last minute decisions. Awesome Job!

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

10/27/2012

Sandie S.

Description of Work
Rick's was purchased by Manthe in 2014, and the residential lawn care service went from awesome to awful. Be sure to read the reviews under "Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction, LLC", which are accurate.

Thank you Member. It is customers such as you that make it all worth while. Rick

10/26/2012

Amy K.

I emailed to ask if the service was available to do fall yard cleanup, mulch placement, building a small retaining wall and some planting. Rick responded by email in less than 12 hours to say that they were booked solid, but he recommended another service and told me to use his name. I really appreciated his prompt and helpful response.

Description of Work
Tried to schedule fall yard cleanup and some light landscaping.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thank you Member and good luck with project. Rick

10/09/2012

Lynne N.

When I contacted Manthe Lawn Care they were very professional. I was told they work with many folks who don't live in the Madison area but have property or loved ones that are in the area. I was able to get a listing of the services they provide along with pricing from their website or via emails/phone calls. The office folks helped me understand what was included in each type of service their company provides so I was able to determine which services were best for my mother's residence. My mother says the people who come to mow the yard have been very friendly and pleasant to speak with about any concerns she has had. Have not gone through a winter yet with Manthe's snow removal service, so I am unable to comment on this service. So far I would recommend this company for yard and lawn work without hesitation.

Description of Work
I am having Manthe Lawn Care perform weekly mowing, if necessary, for my mother's residence in Madison. They will also be providing snow clearing once that season has started.

Category lawn service

08/04/2012

carl G.

called on july 31st and never got a call back. i've moved on.

Description of Work
called him four days ago. no response.

Category landscaping

Member. I'm very sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I did Call you back Saturday morning I left a message for you. I hope you received it. It was four days I was out of town for 2 days and when returning i have to prioritize my time and with working late and starting early I'm not in the office many days during convenient times to call back customers. This is not an excuses but an explanation. As I'm sure the reason you called Rick's Was the reviews I get. Some for the fact that I do Always return my calls promptly. I again Apologize. I respect your decision. I wish you well. Rick L Olson

08/02/2012

Kevin S.

Based on Rick’s reviews here and after meeting him in person, we hired his company to overhaul our landscaping to complement a new sunroom. From the start, Rick and his crew were professional, courteous, and creative in their problem-solving. Their work ethic was also impressive as the crew would arrive early and stay late to ensure the job stayed on schedule (including a workday on a Saturday). Rick also brought a nice artistry to the project, from the variety of plants and flowers to the organic flow of our walkway and edging. When the project was finished, we were amazed by the transformation. Our new landscaping exceeded our expectations and looks like a natural extension of our sunroom addition.

Description of Work
Demolished old sidewalk Graded project area Created berms Planted/transplanted more than 100 trees/bushes/flowers Built paved walkway Mulched landscape areas Installed water feature

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

07/24/2012

Teel H.

I was extremely impressed with the work ethic, knowledge, care and professionalism of everyone who worked on the project over the week they were here. These guys know what they're doing!During demolition, there was very little room to maneuver the bobcats between the wall being torn down and my neighbor's garage and deck, but these guys were pros all the way. They also left a clean work site every night, which was no easy task.The employees who built the new wall did an incredible job that required a lot of hand-digging and absolute accuracy to make sure the new wall stayed inside my property line. They also incorporated an attractive curve and steps that show creativity and pride of workmanship. I added some landscaping to the original project and I'm very pleased with the way they planted the trees (to make sure they were aesthetically pleasing) and regraded and mulched one side of the house. The final price was in keeping with the estimate and with the price Rick quoted me as I added the landscaping. Overall, I'd give Rick's an A+ (which I don't hand out easily).

Description of Work
Rick's did a major project for me this summer that required demolition and removal of a decaying retaining wall made from railroad ties and replacing it with a new Rockwood stone retaining wall. The project also included burying and diverting water from one downspout to prevent erosion of my neighbor's yard and some landscaping work which involved planting 8 trees, edging the gardens and walks in the front yard, clearing then regrading one side of the yard and mulching everything.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

06/30/2012

William M.

We did not hear back from them within a week or so, so I emailed the company and after two or three emails within a week or two after that, finally got a reply saying we would have an estimate soon. Well, several months later we never received anything, not an estimate, not a follow up phone call or email, nothing. I know others rated this company well, but that was not our experience and as our first experience using Angie's list to identify a contractor I am hoping our next experience is much better.

Description of Work
I called to arrange an estimate for a new patio, and they came out within a few days. They were polite and seemed confident they could provide some guidance and do the work we were requesting. After looking at the area and describing what we wanted, the next day we received catalogs to choose some tile options. So far so good and I was hopeful we would get a good estimate.

Category hardscaping

06/28/2012

Jurgen K.

All work done was completed as expected. The work crew are young men, from high school or college, and needed "coaching" from Mr. Olson on several occasions. One example of inexperience was when the worker used too much blower power to blow leaves out of one of our flower bed. It was so strong it blew chunks of mulch onto the lawn.Two retaining walls were constructed, and the work was well done. Unfortunately, while their equipment was being used, our fire pit ring was run over, and, a chunk of concrete was knocked out of our homes foundation. Neither of these was repaired, and the comment made to was that these incidents were like collateral damage from heavy equipment being used in "tight" areas. I would strongly recomment that a resident of the home be present when heavy equipment would be used for a project, Observe the work being done and act immediately if an incident occurs.

Description of Work
Olson's has provided us spring and fall yard clean-up Lawn power racking, leaf and debris removal, etc..They have built two retaining walls for us, on seperate occasions.Also, concrete blocks were laid to increase the size of our patio.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

M.I.A. Home Detailing

At M.I.A. Home Detailing We understand that giving your house a facelift can be expensive. Costs quickly stack up and the list of things to get done seems to be never-ending. This is where Our Window Washing and Pressure washing skills steps in to help out! Our window cleaning services and pressure washing services helps you stick to your budget by offering special window washing prices, gutter cleaning savings, and power washing Discounts. We have great deals for residents in Dane/Sauk Counties and the surrounding areas. Give us a call today to receive a free estimate!

Gifting Hands, LLC

Landscaping and Home Cleaning Services Serving: All Madison, Sun Prairie, McFarland, Stoughton, Oregon, Fitchburg, Verona, Middleton, Waunakee, Deforest Gifting Hands, LLC is a family-owned and operated business. We provide the highest-quality services at reasonable prices! We are open for business all year. We have experience and local recommendations since 2017. We have our customer's best interests in mind when providing any service! We stand by our quality and provide consistent service to your home. You will always have the same person in your lawn!!! Services offered include but are not limited to the following: Pressure/Soft Washing, Landscaping, Lawn Mowing, Trimming, Edging, Aerating, Mulch, Spring/Fall Cleanups, Lot Clean Ups, Weeding, Monthly garden bed maintenance, Hedging/Bush trimming, Bush removal, Brush/Haul loads to a dump, Leaf cleanup, Leaf removal, Pruning, Snow Removal/Salting, Home Cleaning Services, and more! We don't leave until you are happy with our work. We do not mind being micro-managed. Satisfaction is promised! Message me for a free estimate. Thanks! Joe

2022 Super Service Award

Clear Vision Cleaning, LLC

All of us are meticulous not only about window cleaning and washing of siding, decks, and roofs but also about customer care. We greet you with a smile and go the extra mile, getting every corner, seam, and surface as spotless as possible—always making sure you're completely satisfied with the results. If this is your first time working with Clear Vision, it probably won't be your last.

n/a

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC

How is Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC overall rated?

Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC open?

Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC is open:

What payment options does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC provide

Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offer free estimates?

Yes, Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offers free project estimates.

Does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offer a senior discount?

No, Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC does not offer a senior discount.

Does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offer emergency services?

Yes, Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC?

Yes, Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offers warranties.

What services does Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offer?

Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC offers the following services: Residential & commercial mowing, pruning, landscape, landscape design, paver patios, retaining walls, irrigation systems, concrete curbing, stamped, tree trimming, stump grinding, snow plowing & salting.

Are there any services Manthe Lawn Care and Landscape Construction LLC does not offer?

n/a