NELSON ELECTRIC LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

Nelson Electric can help you with remodels, new construction, landscape wiring, generator (Generac dealer), parking lot lights, panel/service upgrades, surge protectors, ceiling fans and much more. We handle residential and commercial projects. We are licensed, bonded and insured. We will come give free estimates! If you need after hour emergency help - give us a call. Nelson Electric would love to help you with your electrical projects. Give us a call today!...

Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning

Since 1984, Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning has provided the Sun Prairie, WI area exceptional heating, air conditioning, Electrical and plumbing services; it’s no wonder they were voted Best Heating and Cooling company in Sun Prairie for 5 years straight! Offering professional technicians, same day installations and 24 hour service among other things make them the right choice for any HVAC or plumbing job. Call today to schedule your next appointment!

Offers by Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
The Electrician Inc

We are a growing, local contractor with several field technicians, including several State Certified Master Electricians and Journeyman Electricians on staff at all times. We are a training organization and a member of Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin. We are also a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our service area includes, but is not limited to Sauk, Columbia, Dane, northern Green, northern Rock and Western Iowa counties. We are pleased to provide service to Baraboo, Reedsburg, Portage, Lake Delton, Wisconsin Dells, Sauk City, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Spring Green, Mount Horeb, Verona, Fitchburg, Dodgeville, New Glarus, Monona, Madison, McFarland, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and many surrounding communities. We provide free estimates upon request. Some work may allow for an estimate to be provided over the phone, but it is generally better for us to see the work that needs to be done in order to give an accurate estimate of the cost. We provide T&M services at a reduced rate for our Angie's List customers. Our first hour is billed at $129/hr, and time begins once we arrive at your home. We do not charge any additional fees or rates for travel time or trip charges within our service areas described above, however our first hour rate is also our minimum labor charge. After the first hour of work, we bill at a rate of $99/hr for work performed by each technician on site, and we bill out their time in 15 minute increments. One example would be; 2 technicians perform 1.5 hours of work at your home, for a total of 3 labor hours. You would be billed $129 for the first labor hour, then $99/e for the 2nd and 3rd labor hours. We are happy to provide references from past customers and contractors we work with. We perform most residential, commercial & industrial electrical services.

JPC Electric LLC

When you call one of our electricians, you can rest assured that we will provide professional, honest, and effective electrical services and repair for your home or property. We are prepared to diagnose any electrical problem you’re facing and resolve it. We offer electrical services, electrical repair, and electrical installation.

01/30/2020

Tim F.

They completed the work and the workers were very professional. However having been there the whole time I knew how many hours they had into the job. When I backed out the materials I was paying over $225/hour. I called as a prospective new client and asked what their hourly rate was to do my job....$90/hour. After multiple attempts to get them to justify the bill and them embarrassing themselves with reasons why the bill was justified only for me to prove them wrong based on other bills they had sent me my contractor got stuck paying the overcharged labor. Look elsewhere... I called two other electricians and describe the project Nelson had done, both would have been less than half the cost.

Description of Work
A bathroom Remodel

01/03/2018

Vada M.

Fast, efficient

Description of Work
Install ceiling light fixture.

10/21/2016

Scott M.

Nelson Electric was excellent from the beginning phone call, scheduling, the estimate process, and the actual work performed. I recently purchased a home that was built in the 1940's that had an older electrical service. As a Facilities Manager, I knew the electrical should be upgraded. Also, in my job, I deal with various contractors on a daily basis. After my experience over 25 years dealing with vendors, Nelson Electric would be a vendor that I would trust to get the job done and get it done correctly. Nelson Electric performed the upgrade in the date, time frame, and cost that they had promised. I have done electrical work in the past with my job and knew that this would be above my head. They cleaned up the electrical service that had been added to over the years and installed a new panel. The work done was excellent with a very fair price. I could not be more pleased with every aspect of the work done from beginning to end. I would highly recommend Nelson Electric to anyone who is in the need for electrical work.

Description of Work
I had an electrical service upgrade from a 100 amp service to a 200 amp service

10/20/2016

Barbara G.

Great! So nice to work with! Family owned

Description of Work
New lighting & fixed some electrical sockets

09/27/2016

Jon W.

They came in during the demolition process and disconnected the wiring so the wall could be removed right away. The rough wiring was then done at the appropriate time when the construction had reached to assembly stage of the project a few weeks later. The final installation of fixtures and outlets was then completed throughout the project and looks fantastic. It was easy to work with Nelson Electric each step of the way and the final outcome looks great. I would recommend them any time for any size project. This was a complicated remodel and everything went well each step of the process.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel by removal of wiring upon wall removal and rerouting to existing walls.

09/03/2016

Sheryl H.

I was having problems with an outside outlet and door bell not working. I called and Nelson Electric came out to give me a free estimate – he was able to fix the outside outlet while he was here – saving me a 2nd trip and only charging me what was what I thought a fair price. I scheduled the door bell issue for the following week. I also have a 50 foot tree that I like to decorate with x-mas lights each year – some of the lights went out and I had to figure out how to fix them in talking with David at the time he was at my house fixing the outside outlet David gave me suggestions to try things and if they did not work he would look at the strings when he came back the following week to fix the door bell. I would recommend them in the future David was very personable and patient with all my questions.

Description of Work
Outside Outlet & Doorbell not working

09/03/2016

Sheryl H.

Nelson Electric wired my new living room addition they helped me pick out the ceiling fan as well as suggested dimmers along suggesting and installing baseboard electric heaters. (I’m so glad I decided on them now) Any questions I had they would answer without making me feel silly. Once they started they were here on time and until the job was completed. Always cleaning up after themselves at the end of the day. I would recommend and have used them again.

Description of Work
New Addition Wired and Ceiling Fan

09/02/2016

Karen B.

They made sure they didn't make a mess, then cleaned up after themselves. They took out old ceiling florescent light fixtures, and put in more modern newer ones. That was in my kitchen, then they took out the living room florescent lighting, 2 units, and put in bubble fixtures to replace them. They look beautiful, and have more crisper bright light. They they changed out 4 fixtures, and put 5 new ones in. They were here for only I think 2 hours. They came @ 7 am, and left around 9 am. Very respectful and courteous employees.

Description of Work
Changed out light fixtures.

06/17/2014

Ed B.

I called Nelson Electric and spoke with Tammy. Tammy explained their charge system and arranged with me an appointment time in the following week. Darin and Jarrett arrived at the beginning of the day exactly as scheduled. We talked about the outlet possibilities and then they went to work. They installed a two-plug outlet and a four-plug outlet. Their work was very neat, looks nice and feels very solid. I am very happy with the end result. Two days later the Invoice was e-mailed to me and that closed the case. I would use Nelson Electric again for any electrical project.

Description of Work
Install 2 additional electrical outlets in my unfinished basement.

07/30/2013

Sandra P.

Went well. This was a simple job, but it was done well. Nelson gave me a discount because it went faster than expected, even though the work was done on contract.

Description of Work
Moved an outlet and added outlets. These outlets were in the basement and some were previously not to code. The new outlets are in conduit, as they should be in this basement.

NELSON ELECTRIC LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

4550 GARFOOT RD

Cross Plains, WI 53528

Residential and Commercial wiring, farms, remodels, landscape lighting, new construction homes, wiring of In floor heat, roof heat tape for the winter, service upgrades, parking lot lights, hot tubs, Check out our web site at www.nelsonelectricllc.net