Meinholz Overhead Door

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2013

8232 Stagecoach Road

Cross Plains, WI 53528

Locally owned & operated by someone that grew up in the Madison area. At this point, I am a one man crew. I own the business, take the calls, and do all the service and installation myself. This gives you a much more personal experience. My goal with this business is to leave you with a lasting impression. One that you would be happy to tell your family and friends about....

garage doors (70)door installation (1)

12/20/2021

Thomas C.

He provided excellent service and would recommend him anytime.

Description of Work
He provided a quote within a week,. He replaced the door and closer. Did an excellent job and completed it within a couple of days. He replaced the keypad for my sister.

Category doors

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

05/16/2021

Michael D.

The spring on one of our doors snapped unexpectedly one evening. Just about every overhead door company was closed at that point, so I started filling out online requests. Travis responded off-hours (others didn't) and committed to being here late morning the next day. Communication was very professional, he arrived on time and did the job well for a reasonable price. Would definitely recommend, and will likely go with him for the larger projects we have planned for the future.

Description of Work
Spring replaced quickly, job well done

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

06/18/2020

Steven J.

WONDERFUL. Prompt, friendly. no mess left

Description of Work
2 garage doors replaced

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

04/01/2020

john M.

First rate service and excellent workmanship from start to finish. Working with Travis was a pleasant surprise from the first phone call till the work was finished. The level of personal service and commitment was far better than I have grown to expect from other companies. The quality and workmanship of the installation is fantastic and the price was a bargain. Overall I feel like this was money well spent and I can strongly recommend using this Company if you need garage doors.

Description of Work
Home Garage Doors

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

10/15/2019

Gary M.

I asked for a quote last week. Travis installed the door this pm. Excellent product, price and customer service. I'd recommend him to anyone in a New York Minute!

Description of Work
Replace Garage Door

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

10/13/2019

D. W.

Travis responded to my inquiry right away. He made an appointment the same day as my inquiry, called 20 minutes ahead of arrival to confirm, and showed up on time! He fixed my garage door quickly, for a price far lower than expected. He was pleasant and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend him!

Description of Work
Fix garage door

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

10/02/2019

Kathleen R.

Travis is incredible! Prompt service. Arrived ahead of schedule. Spent 10 minutes adjusting garage door at NO CHARGE! Very professional and knowledgeable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND MEINHOLZ OVERHEAD DOOR. Fitchburg Gary

Description of Work
Garage door not closing tightly.

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

04/23/2019

William H.

Nick was a very personable guy and arrived on time. He said it didn't need a new spring, just needed to be rewound. He discussed how it was set up and what might have led to it's current condition. In the end he charged $100 to fix it - the estimate on the phone had been $170. They seem like an honest shop.

Description of Work
One of our garage doors in our new house was not working so we asked Meinholz to come fix it.

Work Completed On 04/23/2019

01/14/2019

Terry W.

Travis quickly diagnosed the problem and installed the new motor within an hour

Description of Work
We needed a new garage door motor

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

12/11/2018

Timothy L.

I am in agreement with other reviewers that Meinholz Overhead Door is fantastic. We needed a new garage door installed and opted for a new opener too. We browsed the Clopay-brand doors online, selected a model and style we wanted and submitted the request to Travis. He followed up promptly with his own suggestions, which we were happy with, came out the next day and took some measurements. Two weeks later the door arrived and Travis promptly installed it the next da.y. He replaced the tracks, installed the door and installed the new opener in about 3 hours(!) Finally, he walked me through the opener's features and put my mind at ease should I encounter any issues. Overall, we were extremely happy with his services and have already recommended him to our friends!

Description of Work
New garage door and opener

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

09/26/2018

Lew T.

Everything went very well. I'm very satisfied.

Description of Work
Custom overhead door for under home storage area

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

06/20/2018

Andrew K.

Perfectly. Travis Meinholz came the day I called to make an estimate and once we ordered the door it came in 2 weeks (exactly as he had planned) and was installed the next day. The job was done perfectly and Travis was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Meinholz Overhead without reservation.

Description of Work
Replacing an Old Garage Door

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

05/14/2018

James W.

No problems, Showed up on time. Word was completed quickly (I was surprised at the speed). Has worked well since then

Description of Work
Garage door was stuck open. Motor and drive were replaced, and keypad was installed

Work Completed On 01/18/2018

05/03/2018

Kan H.

Called in the early morning and the door was repaired later in the morning. Very impressive.

Description of Work
garage door spring broken

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/02/2018

William P.

I was in a bind because my garage door spring broke and I couldn't lift open the door. I called around 8:30 am and Mr Meinholz said he could be here around noon (much earlier and a more specific time than others I had called). He arrived on time and actually called 10minutes before to let me know hw was on his way. When he arrived he said th job would only take about twenty minutes and helped get the garage door open so my partner could leave for work. The job was completed in the timeframe I was told and Mr Meinholz was friendly and professional throughout this experience. The cost was exactly $200 which is what I was quoted on the phone. Being unexpectedly unable to open a garage door is a frustrating situation but Meinholz Overhead Door made the experience much more tolerable.

Description of Work
Replace garage door springs

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

03/09/2018

Donna M.

I highly recommend Travis Meinholz for any overhead door work. The hinges of our 2-car garage door were on their last leg, so it was time for a replacement. We had a 2-car and a 1-car garage door removed & replaced by Travis. Prior to contacting Travis (via his website), I had done quite a bit of research to choose the product for our garage door replacement (an upgrade to woodgrain doors with windows and improved insulation). Travis installs & services Clopay garage doors, which is the brand we had chosen after extensive review. This along with his excellent Angie's List rating/reviews led me to contact him for a quote. In stark contrast to another contractor we had met with prior, Travis met and exceeded our expectations for communication, follow-through, as well as the price (for the exact same product). Travis replied to my request with a quote in less than 24 hours. He always called ahead to let us know he was on his way and always arrived on time. The process was smooth and quick. He estimated 3-4 weeks for the order of our somewhat custom garage doors. The doors came in sooner than expected and he was installing them exactly 2 weeks from the date of the order. They're exactly the product we requested, they were installed professionally, and we couldn't be happier with the resulting impact on the overall appearance of our home. We'll definitely be recommending Meinholz Overhead Door to all of our friends and family. Of note: the door hardware seen in the pictures was not installed by Travis. We chose to purchase magnetic door hardware & added that ourselves after the installation. The doors we chose were Clopay Gallery Series long panel, 2" Intellicore Polyurethane, Ultragrain "Oak-Walnut" color with frosted Rec14 windows.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement/Upgrade

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

Review for Meinholz Overhead Door - 8232 Stagecoach Road, Cross Plains, WI - 36889738

01/19/2018

Tom W.

As nearly everyone else has said, Travis was responsive and professional. When I called him two days ago, he worked with my schedule to get here early. He called ahead this morning, arrived promptly, and upon viewing the operation of the door, gave us an assessment and reasonable quote. He had all the parts and equipment with him, so we told him to go ahead. He took care of the entire replacement in 45 minutes. We're very happy with how he handled our "stuck door" problem -- since the very cold weather the 30+ year old opener wasn't able to consistently open the door.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener and track

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

12/13/2017

Ross B.

I called Travis on Monday morning and he was willing to come out that evening, though I requested Tuesday as it fit my schedule better. He arrived on time, worked quickly and efficiently, and did a great job. Overall a great experience, and highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replacement of Overhead Garage Door Springs

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

11/29/2017

John M.

We called the morning it happened and he was here at noon. It was complete in 20 minutes. He was very professional and I would advise people to use their services. I also think that $200 for BOTH springs replaced is a good deal.

Description of Work
The garage door spring needed replacement

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

11/10/2017

John A.

Travis was very punctual and professional. I appreciated his demeanor. He was very matter of fact and did the job in no time. I would definitely hire him again for any garage related work.

Description of Work
The spring for the double garage door was broken and needed to be replaced to get the garage door to open again.

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

10/24/2017

Jerilyn G.

I highly recommend Travis. His price was lower than another bid, his service was excellent n every way and he's a true gentleman. He went above and beyond expectations to solve problems.

Description of Work
Replace garage door

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

10/18/2017

David H.

In a word, the project went flawlessly. Meinholz Overhead Door exemplifies the best of what small local businesses used to offer: Professionalism, Courtesy, Integrity, and Efficiency...all at a competitive price. My highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Meinholz Overhead Door removed our existing 20 year old garage doors and openers and replaced them with new Clopay doors and start of the art openers.

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

09/15/2017

Jeffrey K.

The quote and work were both done quickly. The doors are beautiful.

Description of Work
Two garage doors replaced