Becker Home Improvement Inc.

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2009

208 Maria Ln

Cottage Grove, WI 53527

Becker Home Improvement has been serving Dane County area home improvement needs since 2001. We are committed to quality solutions for our customer's new construction or remodeling needs. Becker Home Improvement is a licensed contractor and will work on projects ranging from one day to large additions....

05/03/2017

Don M.

The gentleman showed up at our house. My wife was there. He listened to what my wife wanted done, did not take any measurements and pulled a number of $45,000 out of the air. What a joke. Did not offer to go back and make a written quote. Not sure what people they are use to dealing with, but we went with another contractor who was pleasant, took the measurement, detailed notes of what my wife wanted, and came in with a hard quote of $26,000 for the same level of work he quoted $45,000. This guy did none of the above. As the other contractors who came in and bid our project said to us, the mannerism of this provider shows that either they have enough business and do not need yours or they prey on uneducated consumers. Either way, I would never hire this company for any project.

Description of Work
Bidding of Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

03/03/2015

Carol B.

Becker home improvement had done my kitchen about 7 years ago. The detail work on the mouldings was amazing. I found them very professional an responsive. I knew if I ever needed any work done in the future I would go to them. Last summer I decided to replace my old patio door. I called Randy, he remembered the house, came right over. The new door was installed without ant problems.

Description of Work
Randy installed a new patio door

Category decks, woodworking, doors

01/23/2015

Ellen S.

Randy and his crew were very efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Installed new windows in entire house

Category decks, replacement windows

10/26/2014

Ron S.

It went well. Shaun did the majority of the work. He was professional and thorough. Our only concern was getting Randy and his team to actually do the work - they were very busy.

Description of Work
Changed a 1958 bathroom and den (with wood paneling) into a beautiful bathroom and den.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

08/04/2014

Sarah D.

See above, did not use them for the service.

Description of Work
Our project was to remodel our mudroom. Randy was very professional, knowledgeable, gave his opinion in a helpful way. We ended up going with someone else who was a little more reasonable and friends had just used and loved. Otherwise, we would have gone with Becker. Will remember them and consider them in the future.

06/04/2014

Kim B.

I set Up an appointment with Randy Becker on the phone a few weeks prior for a 9:00 a.m. deck estimate. I thought I should call, it was about 8:55 a.m. to see if he was on his way. I received his voice mail and I left him a message. He called me back about 40 minutes later to say he was on the phone all morning and that is why he was not at my house. I did not reschedule. Sounds like he forgot.

Description of Work
Did not show up for appointment.

01/21/2014

Therese T.

Mr. Becker was 30 min. late for our appt. He took a call while consulting with me, then returned a call. We needed to set an appt. for the work to be done, after a question was researched. I found out what was needed and called him. After not getting a return call in a few days, I e-mailed him, with, again, no response. I e-mailed again. This time he replied saying he'd contact me to make an appt. to do the work. He never did contact me again. I had another contractor do the work.

01/14/2014

Charlotte D.

He did fantastic work, stuck to it and completed it earlier than what I thought. His price was great, and he was awesome.

Description of Work
Becker Home Improvement LLC did the bathtub surround and plumbing for me.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

11/09/2013

Margaret C.

I met with Randy on this in the Spring and he seemed to understand exactly what I wanted, took all his measurements and promptly sent me an estimate. We agreed there was no hurry with this job, since I didn't want the windows in over the summer anyway. I contacted him in the Fall to remind him of the job. He answered my call promptly, obtained his materials and scheduled the job at a time convenient to my schedule. The man who came out to do the job was polite, a hard and careful worker, and did a great job cutting all the plexiglass pieces to fit my irregularly shaped window openings. He obtained the screen/storm door I wanted instead of the one Randy had gotten, and installed it - had to make some adjustments to the door frame as it was not perfectly square - when he was finished the door fit perfectly. High quality materials. Good job. It all took 2 or 3 days, and the area was cleaned up meticulously.

Description of Work
Provided plexiglass windows for my screen porch.

Category decks

[removed member name], Thank you for the review. It is greatly appreciated. Have a great week. Randy

09/12/2013

Shawn M.

Randy was very polite and appeared to be very detail oriented. However, I was a little disappointed in how difficult it was to contact him. We left several messages before he got back to us and it took several weeks to complete our estimate. Ultimately, we decided to postpone our project for other unrelated reasons.

Description of Work
The deal that I purchased was for an estimate with measurements and plans. It took us several attempts to finally get an appointment scheduled for him to come out and talk to us. After that it took several weeks for him to finally get back to us with the estimate. Also, we never did get the measurements and plans.

08/13/2013

Jill E.

Becker Home Improvement was good. The quality of the workmanship and the behavior of the team was good. They were polite and the owner was very considerate and what he thought would look best too. It wasn't just getting the job done, it was making it look the best as it can be for our situation. We had signed a contract way earlier but the weather put us behind. When we would ask him questions because there were such delays, he would respond right away. I guess with all contractors, he wasn't forthcoming. We hadn't worked with anything this big before so we thought if there was going to be a delay, we would hear but we found out that we have to ask. he did respond immediately when we would inquire.

Description of Work
They did the deck for us.

06/29/2013

Leslie S.

It went very well. He listened to what we wanted, measured the area and emailed us the design. I used it to get estimates from other companies, but ended up going with Becker. The weather hasn't cooperated with getting the project started.

Description of Work
I bought the special of the deck design for $59.

05/25/2013

Steven N.

Becker's construction crew came in, removed the old deck quickly, reframed and built the new deck with Azek Redland Rose decking and trim and finished with the white Azek railing. Cudo's to Azek. The crew said they had not installed Azek railing systems before but felt that it was the best railing system they had ever used. The deck is beautiful and we hope to have a deck party for Memorial Day to officially christen it. The crew was very professional. They asked about features that we wanted and customized everything to our taste. I am very happy with the quality of the materials and of the construction work. The family really like the look and bigger dimensions of the new deck. We did have a cookout on the deck on Saturday, 5/25/2013. It was overcast, windy and a little cold but everyone ate out on the main level of the deck with two tables and a bench. We couldn't have done that with the older, smaller deck. We are looking forward to many years of enjoying the new deck with a lot less maintenance work and cost.

Description of Work
Complete replacement and expansion of our deck.

03/27/2013

KAREN L.

Did not provide an estimate in a timely manner, phoned and emailed several times, received estimate by email July 23, 2012 for just a total for the job - no break down for materials and labor, received email August 20, 2012 with materials and labor estimates. ; didn't seem interested in building my deck

Description of Work
Purchased a Big Deal for estimate/design plan for deck June 13, 2012, Becker returned phone call promptly, met me at my house on time.

Category decks, woodworking

03/25/2013

Gary M.

Did what they said, everything done with care, cleaned up after themselves spotlessly, no problems, no issues.

Description of Work
Rebuilt storage center that had been damaged by a tree falling down.

01/25/2013

Kari S.

He is right in my area, I think he's great. He came over, did a walk through, gave us an estimate. He said it would be about five months before he could do the work. That was fine because I was planning on getting some other bids. The only thing was that he was only willing to honor $2350.00 of the amount listed for the deal. It felt like the deal was a little misleading. Of the three estimates, he came in the highest. We decided to go with somebody else. I would probably use him again for something else, I just didn't get what I wanted out of the Big Deal.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for $999 for a General Contractor for a Week Including Exterior or Interior Execution!

Category remodeling

01/11/2013

Tobey M.

Excellent. Randy knows his stuff and was in charge of his workers all the way through the process. We will use Randy in the future and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Enlarging a doorway for a more open floor plan.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

01/08/2013

Evan E.

I hired Becker Home Improvement to replace most of the windows on the condo I'd moved into this year (half of a duplex) - the previous windows were fine on the inside, but rotten on the outside. There also was some touch-up on the wood siding that needed to be done, as some of that was rotten, too. This was done late in the season (August), and Randy warned me that he probably wouldn't be able to get to it until October or later. He came out and looked at everything that needed to be done, making suggestions about replacement windows and pointing out a broken attic dormer that I hadn't noticed needed repairing. He took measurements of all the windows, a sample of the inside trim, and got the correct paint color for the outside - the plan was to order the windows, paint and stain them off-site, then pop them all in as quickly as possible once that was all done. His crew started work slightly later than initially expected, but that's not surprising and I was given warning. Took them a little under two weeks, and they got it all done before the first real snow came, a little under the wire. Outside, they look great, and the repairs to the siding blend in perfectly. Inside, as I said, they looked fine, so I'm happy to report that he matched the previous trim well enough that they look exactly the same. I've waited a month and a half to review to make sure no problems have arisen, and everything remains great. This was the first time I've had work like this done, so I don't have a basis for comparison, but I think Randy did a great job of assessing the work that needed doing, giving me a schedule, and keeping largely to that schedule even though he couldn't actually get to the job until three months after the initial assessment. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Great job replacing windows & siding

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

12/26/2012

James S.

Randy seems to be a nice guy and is professional. I'm sure he would have done a good job building the deck. I thought the price was high for a deck ($19,000). I was disappointed in the length of time it took to get the plans and the lack of detail requested (no bill-of-materials, labor costs, etc.). Randy indicated he was having computer troubles. He did do a site visit and had some nice ideas, but it was supposed to be $600 worth of design service. However, what I got (pdf's), I could have gotten free from Menards.

Description of Work
Professional Deck Design service- Site visit, detailed plans.

12/03/2012

Heather O.

I wanted the carpet replaced with a wood floor. Randy came and gave an estimate on square footage. I found bamboo flooring on sale and purchased the estimated square footage needed. I ripped up the carpet and removed (and labeled) baseboards and trim in preparation. Randy's crew removed a layer of linoleum flooring in the kitchen and entryway. They installed my purchased flooring very quickly and neatly. The crew was conscientious of cleaning up after each day. I am pleased with the work. I had to ask for the final invoice. When I received it, I was surprised at the final price and fortunately we found an error in billing. This was quickly corrected.

Description of Work
I used an Angie's List Coupon that read $1000 for 40 hours of work. They installed over 500 sq ft of tongue in groove bamboo flooring in 3 days.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

12/01/2012

Scott D.

Excellent! Randy was the only one to come and give an estimate that accurately identified the warping issue with our screened-in porch -- there were several others that had wildly different (and wrong) guesses as to what would need to be done. The estimate was very reasonable considering the work. Randy's crew showed up promptly each morning for work at 7 and worked through the day, and the work was completed within the time span predicted, even given that there was much more rotting under the back deck than anticipated. We are very happy with how our decks and porch look, and much more confident in their structural integrity after the work that Randy and his crew performed.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted, warped decking boards on a front and back deck, and replaced warped siding on the exterior of a screened-in porch. Also installed rabbit fence under decks and vinyl along the bottom of the screened-in porch where it met the ground.

Category decks, fencing, siding, woodworking

11/19/2012

Victor R.

Randy and his crew are always great to work with - they truly care about their work product. If there were any opportunity for improvement, for me it would be for them to be a little more forward with "pushing back" or offering alternative ideas. I tend to get all excited about what I want done and there are times it would be helpful for someone to say - "here's another idea or thing you could do instead" if they see a potential issue with what is being asked for. I have one great example of where pushback might have been helpful. When we asked for storage shelves to be built in the garage, we asked for them along the side wall of the garage, and afterwards realized that we can't open the car door on the passenger side because of the shelves. It would have been wonderful to have someone point that out as a possible issue and to recommend we go with shelves at the front of the garage. We've worked with Becker Home Improvement on several projects now and they are always our "go to" company when we want or need something done.

Description of Work
We had a small screened porch and deck on the back of our house. We wanted to expand the screened porch and have a walk-out from our master bedroom onto the porch. Randy's crew worked from the footprint of the old porch and deck. They removed a window and put a doorway into our bedroom. They also created a new roof line and expanded the porch the full length of the back of the house and also expanded the footprint of the deck; took out old steps straight down to back yard and created a two-stage L-shaped stairs that's easier to navigate. We have also used Randy's crew for miscellaneous projects around the house (building storage shelves in the garage, painting, adding storage to our mudroom, replacing ceiling fans, adding electrical outlets) and also a kitchen remodel/upgrade of countertops and tile flooring. We are currently contracted with Becker Home Improvement for a bathroom update and several miscellaneous projects to be done in the near future.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, electrician, roofing, home & garage organization, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

11/15/2012

Jolien C.

I did decide to go with them and so I put down a deposit, but he hasn't started the work yet. He seems really knowledgeable about building construction and about what possible options can be done to a higher standard of quality. I had talked to somebody else and he could sort of redo stuff but he couldn't offer a lot of options and Becker Home Improvement was able to offer a wide variety of options to redo my home the way I want it done. He's a bit busy but that's always usually a good sign.

Description of Work
I got an estimate of $10,000 from Becker Home Improvement to remodel my basement.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

10/12/2012

Daniel D.

They had come out to look at replacing some of our windows. He was very nice when he came out to do the estimate, it did take about two weeks to get us the quote and when I inquired as to what was taking so long he said he was waiting to hear back from his window vendor. When they came back with the quote, the windows that they wanted to use were several thousand dollars more than the ones that we wanted to put in and the contractor was not willing to use any other windows from any other vendor. He said that he does not work with Lowe’s, Home Depot or any other vendors because he has had some bad experiences with them. He stated that the vendor that he works with is very reliable and delivers the windows properly every time so that is why he insists on using them; which would be fine if they were not three times as much as the ones we were looking to use. We offered to pick up the windows and have them on site making sure that they were not damaged and ready to be used but he was not willing to go that route either. They suggested that if we wanted to use another vendor or other windows we should contact Angie’s List for refund.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $999 for a General Contractor for a Week Including Exterior or Interior Execution!

Category replacement windows

09/17/2012

Joe B.

Overall it was ok. However I learned I need to wait until I have the free time to work directly with the contractor.

Description of Work
I had Becker work with an intermediary on my deck design. However what I explained to them wasn't the final result i got. I blame myself for not having the time to work directly with Becker's on the drawing. He did say it would take about three weeks to get the drawning back and that was about rght.

Elite Hardwood Flooring, LLC

If you're searching for quality Flooring Contractor in Madison, WI just make a call to Elite Hardwood Flooring flooring, hardwood floor installation, refinishing and repair, hardwood floor sandy, residential flooring, Floor Refinishing Middleton WI;McFarland WI;Stoughton WI;DeForest WI; Windsor WI;Cross Plains WI;Oregon WI;Monona WI Hardwood Floor Refinishing, Hardwood Flooring, Hardwood Floor Installation, Flooring Installation, Wood Floor Installation

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    The Electrician Inc

We are a growing, local contractor with several field technicians, including several State Certified Master Electricians and Journeyman Electricians on staff at all times. We are a training organization and a member of Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin. We are also a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our service area includes, but is not limited to Sauk, Columbia, Dane, northern Green, northern Rock and Western Iowa counties. We are pleased to provide service to Baraboo, Reedsburg, Portage, Lake Delton, Wisconsin Dells, Sauk City, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Spring Green, Mount Horeb, Verona, Fitchburg, Dodgeville, New Glarus, Monona, Madison, McFarland, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and many surrounding communities. We provide free estimates upon request. Some work may allow for an estimate to be provided over the phone, but it is generally better for us to see the work that needs to be done in order to give an accurate estimate of the cost. We provide T&M services at a reduced rate for our Angie's List customers. Our first hour is billed at $129/hr, and time begins once we arrive at your home. We do not charge any additional fees or rates for travel time or trip charges within our service areas described above, however our first hour rate is also our minimum labor charge. After the first hour of work, we bill at a rate of $99/hr for work performed by each technician on site, and we bill out their time in 15 minute increments. One example would be; 2 technicians perform 1.5 hours of work at your home, for a total of 3 labor hours. You would be billed $129 for the first labor hour, then $99/e for the 2nd and 3rd labor hours. We are happy to provide references from past customers and contractors we work with. We perform most residential, commercial & industrial electrical services.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Becker Home Improvement Inc.

How is Becker Home Improvement Inc. overall rated?

Becker Home Improvement Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Becker Home Improvement Inc. open?

Becker Home Improvement Inc. is open:

What payment options does Becker Home Improvement Inc. provide

Becker Home Improvement Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Does Becker Home Improvement Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Becker Home Improvement Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Becker Home Improvement Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Becker Home Improvement Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Becker Home Improvement Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Becker Home Improvement Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Becker Home Improvement Inc.?

Yes, Becker Home Improvement Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Becker Home Improvement Inc. offer?

Becker Home Improvement Inc. offers the following services: General contractor, bathroom remodel, kitchen remodel, start to finish, decks & porches, additions, basement remodel, siding, James Hardie fiber cement siding, porch enclosure, window replacement, flooring, ceramic tile, laminate flooring, carpeting, hardwood flooring, drywall, interior painting, exterior painting, design & framing.