Balts Construction of the Chippawa Valley Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2010

1766 Hallie Rd

Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

We are a general contracting remodeling and new building construction business since 1996. We work in both the residential and light commercial areas. We utilize a family of sub-contractors in specialty areas. We do all framing and finishing in-house. We have been involved in the Focus on Energy

06/30/2016

Susan O.

Description of Work

[Member Name Removed], I am a bit surprised by this review. This job was done quite a few years ago and I did not realize that you were unsatisfied with our work. I have noticed that you did not put anything under the response, so I have nothing to gauge my address to this situation. Please call me if I can work to helping with your issue towards my company. I have worked hard to keep a good track record for my company. I have been in business for approx. 20 years and try hard to be honest, trustworthy and full fill all of my promises. Please look further down the list to see all of my great reviews. Kevin

09/14/2015

Sandra H.

Description of Work
Built a deck off of our kitchen. Kevin had wonderful ideas on design and materials and stayed on budget! At the end of each day, his crew left the area clean and picked up. We are extremely pleased with the workmanship and the overall appearance. Turned out better than we imagined! It truly looks like something out of magazine. He would be my first choice on any additional projects and would recommend to anyone who asks.

07/09/2015

Joy B.

Category roofing, sunrooms

06/04/2015

Chris L.

Description of Work
Kevin Balts did finish work on a 25' X 35' X 12' post frame building. He framed the inside of the building for hanging sheetrock, insulated, and did electrical work for wall and ceiling outlets. He also contracted out to have the sheetrock installed, taped, mudded, and painted. I am very pleased with Kevin's work. His quote was very detailed and he stuck to the quoted price.

08/01/2014

Ashley H.

Kevin did a wonderful job completing the installation of my hardwood flooring, after the individual who was helping me was unable to finish. He called to confirm, was on time, and completed the job in the time promised. Also, he made certain to clean up after, and the price was great!

Description of Work
Completed installation of hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, roofing

06/10/2014

Christine G.

Description of Work
I needed windows replaced. I heard they did good work. They never called me back.

04/21/2014

Charles K.

Description of Work
Replied quickly after contacting for a quote. came out 3 times to discuss project and show project parameters to tile and plumbing subs. on last visit said he'd have bid in 7-10 days, but 6 weeks later still nothing. going with someone else. good luck if you use them.

04/03/2014

Debra P.

I called them he says he doesnt do remodeling , that they only build homes . I have forgotten i did call them and my husband tried to email him he got the email but did not respond..

Description of Work
they said they don't do remodeling they rather build houses.

01/01/2014

Richard M.

Elite Exteriors is the subcontractor for roof work. They were good to work with. I put up half up front so they could order the materials. They finished in some adverse weather.

Description of Work
Replaced eight box vents with a ridge vent and repaired the roof .

09/09/2013

Mary Katherine R.

He and his crew did everything in a very detailed manner. They were highly professional. The job was perfect.

Description of Work
Saved my old 1891 garage from falling down and replaced the roof.

09/03/2013

Vivian T.

The project is still in progress. A custom door has not come in yet. The windows, deck and doors that are installed look great. The doors have been adjusted to our needs.

Description of Work
replacement windows and doors and build a small deck

09/01/2013

Marcy L.

This was a very good experience. Balts made sure we were happy with the project and job before he would leave for the day. They cleaned up any mess that was made as they went. They started and finished ahead of the time frame I was given when I signed the contract. The new windows they put in look great and they are all sealed in.

Description of Work
They installed new windows in our home.

08/19/2013

Daniel S.

Kevin was on time and his quote was what we paid. He was very good at staying in contact with us and very pleasant to work with. He is a stickler for having everything in writing which made the final outcome very predictable.

Description of Work
Replaced a picture window.

Category replacement windows

07/29/2013

Vince K.

Kevin was great to work with from the estimate through completion of the project. This project was somewhat labor intensive given the Dutch Colonial design of the home. Kevin's experienced roofing crew did high quality work and did not rush through the job. His crew was very willing to answer any questions and took the time to explain what they were doing and why they were doing it. Overall, we are very satisfied with the job and will recommend Balts Construction to our friends.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

07/24/2013

Janice F.

Fantastic! We loved their work. We use the deck and stairs every day, most of the year. This is the third project we have had Balts Construction do for us. We keep going back because the experience, the reliability, and the experience has been exemplary. They do what they say they will do. And sometimes even more.

Description of Work
Designed and built a custom set of stairs and deck from our yard to the lake below.

07/10/2013

Victoria G.

The jobs they did on my previous residence were all done with in my budget and to my specifications. They did an awesome job on my latest remodel at my new house also. They installed my windows and did various other things to remodel my whole upstairs they sub contracted out my wood floors and chose well they are beautiful. They reinstalled my cabinets and put in new countertop and all the work that comes before that like removing trim and cupboards etc. They are great and pleasant to have around I use them for all my projects.

Description of Work
I have had Balts do numerous remodeling projects for me including a bathroom remodel, a roofing and insulating. They do excellent work. We have moved into a new home and plan on having them come and work on this home too. I recommend them they are honest and great people to work with. I am now finishing this review now that the latest project has been completed they installed new windows and new floors in all my upstairs.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

04/28/2013

JOHN D.

Balts construction did an excellent job on our remodeling project. Mr. Balts was very professional and very efficient. He payed attention to the small details and took great pride in his work. He encouraged us to inspect his work on a regular basis and ask questions. We would recommend Balts Construction to do your remodeling or new construction project.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bathroom,bedroom,laundry room, and family room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

03/25/2013

Clarice O.

From all the estimates I received, he was the only one that asked me what I was going to use the sunroom for. He explained and communicated with me very well and he also had some nice ideas. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They added on a sunroom.

Category sunrooms

03/18/2013

Joe Y.

See above. They replaced the roof on my home and did an outstanding job. I unequivocally recommend Balts for new roofing or other construct5ion. Prompt, professional and the company does notgive you any false promises.

Description of Work
Not only would I use this company again, I did. Two years ago they replaced my roof and did an outstanding job. I used Balts again later for two smaller, unrelated jobs. All three jobs well done, competitively priced and were done on time.

05/03/2012

Roxanne M. A.

We were happy with their services. We had an issue with one of their sub-contractors and they made it right. It was something happening personally with that particular person at the time and Kevin Balts himself came and made it right. That was when they were doing our soffits and fascia. They are professional and have good quality. Their prices weren’t that far for anything. They were very responsive. The owner himself was very professional. It turned out very good and other people that have seen it are amazed.

Description of Work
Balts Construction & Supply did our roofing. We also had some general construction done. We had a sagging beam in our house that needed to be jacked up and replaced. They also put in some windows, soffits and fascia.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders

Integrity Flooring and More

We offer dustless wood floor sanding and refinishing with our dustless trailer vacuum system. New in 2014, UV instant cure finishing option. This option allows clients to be back on their floors immediately-furniture, rugs and full foot traffic! Integrity Flooring is a division of Waters Edge Construction Inc. Doing business since 1993.

Frontline Roofing And Exteriors LLC

Frontline Roofing And Exteriors has been in the Industry for 22 years. We specialize in Roofing, Siding, Doors, Windows, Gutters, Insulation and Masonry. Call today for your replacement or repair. https://frontlinerande.com/

Preferred Building & Remodeling

Preferred Building & Remodeling offers homeowners free estimates on all general construction and remodeling projects including but not limited to, wall framing, window/door installation, wood floor installation/refinishing, shingle roofs, vinyl siding, and deck/patio building. Our father-son business has over 15 years of experience to offer with customer satisfaction set as our top priority. To make a difference we also ensure to save any reusable materials, such as replaced wood or windows, so they may be repurposed.

2022 Super Service Award

Remodeling & new home construction. Roofing. Landscaping. Asphalt. Carpentry. Counter tops. Flooring. Gutters. Hardwood flooring. Insulations. Windows.