BLOCH APPLIANCE SERVICE CO

Founded 1955 • With Angi since September 2002

W61N297 WASHINGTON AVE

Cedarburg, WI 53012

Founded in 1955, Bloch Appliance, Heating & Air Conditioning continues as a family owned and operated business with a tradition of fast, friendly, hometown service. Bloch provides the entire Milwaukee metro area, including Milwaukee’s North Shore, Ozaukee and Washington Counties, with major

07/27/2021

Robert S.

It went excellent, they did exactly what they said they would.

Description of Work
They installed new furnace and air conditioner for me.

01/14/2021

DAN D.

My dryer was not working properly so Eric stopped by to inspect the situation. He suspected the vent ductwork was plugged up so the dryer was still heating up. He came back another day with new ductwork and attached it to the main vent which which my situation was rather complicated. But the dryer still wasn't working properly so he came out gratis and looked at the situation again. Bottom line it was neither the dryer nor the nearby vent but rather incompetent roofers that failed to install a dryer vent cover in early December when installing a new roof on our 8 unit condo. Within three weeks of the new roof being installed it snowed heavy plugging up the dryer vent. I'd also note that Eric fixed our LG ice maker. The refrigerator/freezer is only 2 years old so Eric suspected the unit was frozen rather than busted. So acting conservatively, I thawed the freezer unit to see if it'd start making ice on it's own. It didn't work so Eric came back out and installed a new ice maker. I appreciated Eric's follow through on both projects. I've been impressed that Eric is not eager to suggest an expensive solution when another conservative solution might work.

Description of Work
Ice maker needed repair and at another time dry vent was damaged

Category appliance repair, air duct cleaning

07/24/2020

Robt. W.

Mr. Bloch came out and diagnosed a blockage in pretty short order, He found the source, button everything back up, and was on his way. Very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Dishwasher was broken

10/31/2017

Chris V.

On the initial visit the repairman was distracted on the phone (for an understandable reason) and left to attend to a family matter before the problem was viewed. Based on my description of the problem, he said he thought it was the main computer component, the ECU. He left saying he would get me a price on it and call me with a quote. He did call me the next day and we discussed and I told him I would call him back after I discussed with my husband. Shortly after on that same day, I called and left a message saying we wanted them to order the part and go ahead with repair. I left that message on a Friday afternoon. By Wednesday of the following week I had not heard anything from Bloch so I called to make sure the part had been ordered. The woman I spoke with (Sue?) said she was sure the repairman had ordered it but she would have him call me. He called me several hours later and asked me which part it was again and what was the problem we were having? I believe his distraction from the initial visit was the reason for this. After discussing the part and problem, I expressed some displeasure that I had left a message on the previous Friday and we were now at Wednesday and the part had not even been ordered. He assured me the part was coming from nearby and they should have it by the end of the week. He called me the following Monday to say the part was in and scheduled to come out later that week. He came back and installed the ECU and let the dishwasher run for awhile and left assuming it was working. That night we tried to use the dishwasher and it didn’t make it through the cycle. I called again the very next morning and told him what was happening and he came out a third time to see what was happening. We let the dishwasher run for awhile but the problem did not present itself while the repairman was there. I showed him a video I had made of the flashing lights and the problem. He was confused as to what else it might be and said we could try some other parts but I said since we had already spent $375 so far I didn’t want to just keep guessing what it would be. He offered to do some research and see if he could make a contact with someone at Whirlpool but said they wouldn’t usually talk to them about a Sears product (Ours was a Kenmore Elite). We spoke again a few days later and he said he wasn’t able to get anyone to talk to him from Whirlpool. I said I had done some research on the Internet and this seemed like a common problem with this dishwasher and according to Sears Parts Direct online it typically ended up being the lid switch mechanism. He didn’t seem to know what that was and again said he would do some research and get back to me the following week. I never heard from Bloch again and after waiting 3+ weeks we decided not to waste any more time or money and we purchased a new dishwasher. We have contacted Bloch and asked them if they can return the brand new ECU part they installed which never got used so we can at least get that part of our money back ($200+). We are waiting for a response but I don’t expect one!

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair

Service work was done correctly and tested. The dishwasher was tested & passed factory diagnostics and was working properly before the technician left. We were first contacted 5 weeks after repair by Mr. who said his wife saw a new dishwasher in the store and purchased it. He then wanted to sell us his old dishwasher. We do not deal in used appliances or used parts. Mr. then left this poor review. Their dishwasher does not have a "lid switch" as Mrs. had stated from her internet searches . Their problem was an electronic control which was replaced and tested with factory diagnostics and a test cycle. All tested and worked for the technician as they have said in their review. We strive our hardest to go the "extra mile" to meet and exceed our customers needs. In our business, all service technicians are factory trained, have many certifications each with years of experience . We are accredited, factory franchised, licensed, EPA certified, guaranteed, and more. We treat our customers with professionalism, respect, a friendly smile, as we are "recommended by your neighbors". I am saddened by this review and wish they would have contacted us earlier if they had any questions or concerns.

07/11/2017

NICK M.

I’ve had several experiences with them and they’ve all been positive. They were fair and upfront and they were prompt. They definitely did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
I use Bloch Heating and Appliance. They installed a new furnace for me.

05/03/2017

Pat H.

Accurate estimate. Needed 2nd opinion due to a Home Appliance warranty request.

Description of Work
Estimate of repair work need for kitchen range.

09/19/2016

Douglas R.

Technician arrived on time, quickly analyzed the problem, and walked us through options. Cost/benefit led us to purchase new refrigerator.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

08/15/2016

Ann D.

Great! I called around noon, explained my problem, and the owner was out at my house within an hour. Fast, efficient, friendly.

Description of Work
My refrigerator was leaking a lot of water due to a faulty connection from the water supply to the ice maker.

07/03/2016

Mary S.

I am so happy we called Bloch for this repair. We were considering buying a new washer/dryer because of the old age of our machines and that both the washer and dryer were malfunctioning. I looked at new ones but was concerned about the high cost, and now the styles and size were slightly different so may not have fit right in our current space with cabinets above. I thought I should at least try a repair. The Bloch repairman came out the SAME DAY we called and within a short period of time had both washer and dryer diagnosed and running again smoothly. The washer only had to have the legs adjusted which was causing the problem. And the dryer needed a new coil. So we saved a lot of money by fixing instead of replacing. New machines may have cost ten times what we paid for the repair. Thank you!

Description of Work
Washer and Dryer Repair - Washer out of balance/noisy/moves around when running.... and Dryer not heating

07/25/2015

Andrew F.

Highly recommend Bloch. This is expensive endeavor and Randy does a great job going over different options and explaining the pros and cons and his recommendation. Not at all pushing, felt like he truly had our best interests in mind. Randy and team where on time, highly responsive, clean and courteous throughout the process. We had a minor equipment issue after install and Randy and team stopped by twice to ensure issue was fixed the following week. I would definitely use Bloch in the future and have already recommended Bloch to other friends considering installing central AC.

Description of Work
Installed 4-ton Bryant AC System

02/05/2014

GWYN G.

The work was done in a timely manner, during a cold spell.

Description of Work
They fixed our furnace.

01/22/2013

Thomas H.

It was cold!!!!! Furnace stopped and it was the coldest day of the season. I give the highest endorsement to Randy Bloch and his entire crew. They were awesome and handled the situation very fast and at a great price too!!!!!! Randy came out in the middle of the night wearing a smile and by the afternoon we had a new furnace and a very warm house again.

Description of Work
The furnace stopped and the temperature was below 53 degrees in the house. The furnace was original to the house and I had a feeling it would or should be replaced. Randy said it was time to retire and not repair. He changed his busy schedule and showed up with his crew that very morning and installed a new furnace.

01/11/2013

James K.

Prompt, thorough, explained issues well. Had to return with parts for ice maker, but completed as promised and satisfactory.

Description of Work
Repair to electric range and ice maker on refrigerator.

06/14/2012

Greg S.

We'd like to thank both Randy and Brandon for the great job they did. They were very professional, helpful and overall did outstanding work. In the future, we won't hesitate to recommend Bloch Appliance to friends, family, or anyone looking for a quality service, at a reasonable price, in a timely manner. Thanks again...

Description of Work
Bloch Appliance Service Company installed the following new equipment in our house; Carrier 96% efficiency, two-stage, variable speed gas furance Carrier 3-ton, two-stage 17 SEER Puron A/C systemCarrier power humidifierCarrier programmable control In addition, we purchased a Carrier 10 year bumper to bumper parts and labor warrenty. Bloch also installed an additional floor supply to our master bedroom and converted three of our existing floor returns to upper wall returns so warmer air can be drawn out of the rooms more effectively in the summer and retained more effectively in the winter.

09/05/2011

Penny O.

very professional. Way cheaper than I ever hoped

Description of Work
fan and brain needed to be replaced in built in fridge

07/25/2011

Mark P.

Their price was excellent, they basically beat everyone else. They did good work. I specially thought their chief installer Greg, was very capable. The owner came out at the end of the job to make sure everything was ok. I was happy. I was surprised by that. I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Bloch Appliance Service Co. We had a furnace and an air conditioning installed. The last time we used their servies was on the 15th of June. They charged $5700 for the job done.

03/25/2011

Geriann S.

Tech came on time, repaired the refrigerator and was on his way in less than 20 minutes. He was clean and professional. Technician even took off his shoes as our driveway was rather slushy and my floors are white. He explained to me the problem, had the part on his truck and even gave me some helpful hints to keep the refrigerator running more efficiently. I usually dread when we have to have a service person com out for any reason but not this time I will call them again!

Description of Work
Replaced a computer board on my 9 year old refrigerator.

08/26/2008

BRIAN W.

The technician arrived at the end of the two hour appointment window that we had been given. He quickly diagnosed the "weak igniter" on our built-in gas oven. He efficiently replaced the part, reassembled the oven and was finished in fifteen minutes. I was very pleased with the quality of the service, though it cost a bit more than what I would have anticipated.

Description of Work
Our built-in gas oven would not ignite properly. The repair technician replaced the igniter.

07/29/2008

Justin P.

The service man was very knowledgeable and friendly and he liked dogs.

Description of Work
They repaired our drier.

08/21/2007

KAREN F.

They arrived exactly when they said that they would. The 2 workers worked efficiently and quickly to remove the old furnace and install the new one. They were very friendly and explained the features of the new furnace and answered any questions that I had. The electrician arrived at the right time to do his part so as not to delay the other workers. It was well coordinated and they finished in about 4-5 hours without any breaks. They also cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
The workers removed my old gas furnace and installed a new Bryant efficiency furnace and humidifier.

06/26/2007

EDWARD T.

The price includes the cost of the burner. He did a good job.

Description of Work
He replaced one of the burners on my oven.

02/14/2007

We have used the services of Randy Bloch for years. We followed him around from company to company until he now joined his family s business. He does great work. He stayed within the estimate. He answered all of our questions. He took the time to find rebates that we qualified for. He saved us like $1000 in rebates. He is fair in pricing.

Description of Work
Bloch Appliance Service Company installed a new 140,000 BTU furnace in our home. It was the largest residential unit. They had to dismantle and remove the huge, old 1944 GE furnace that was in here. They also did some new ductwork.

10/12/2006

JED D.

Our new front load washer shakes and vibrates. The manufacturer's first-line repair service made four visits and couldn't fix it. They sent Bloch for a "second opinion". Al Bloch found that the legs for the washer pedestal hadn't been locked into place and the machine was slightly off-level, both missed by four different technicians from the other company. Unfortunately, this only slightly reduced the problem;it's just the nature of the machine. However, Al was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. He answered all my questions and fully explained what was causing the noise. It was clear that this was someone who knew his business. I would definitely use Bloch for future sales and service.

Description of Work
"Second opinion" warranty repair regarding problems with a new front load washer.

07/14/2006

GREG S.

They scheduled a 3 hour window for the technician and gave me a call 1/2 hour in advance of arrival. The leak was a simple fix. $7 parts and $111 labor.

Description of Work
Fixed a small gas leak in the furnace.

09/09/2002

SHIRLEY K.

THEY WERE VERY GOOD AND VERY PROMPT. WE WERE VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WORK THEY DID.

Description of Work
REPLACED MOTOR IN MAYTAG DRYER.

Donovan & Jorgenson Inc

NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Certified HVAC Technicians available for tune-ups, maintenance, repairs, and installation of furnaces, boilers and air conditioning systems. We also offer Smart Thermostats, Indoor Air Quality Products, HRV/ERV Air Exchangers, and Bathroom and Kitchen venting. Working with your builder for new home systems. Commercial, Multifamily equipment and roof top installations, maintenance, and repairs. We also offer 24 hour emergency service 365 days a year, if you call our office at 262-784-6440 after business hours just press #1 for emergency service. You can also go to our website at donovanjorgenson.com.

Absolute Comfort Services LLC

We are a service technician owned company that strives to provide our customers with the highest possible quality products and services. Efficient management and low overhead allows us to offer competitive prices and rapid response service. Customer driven, we pride ourselves in taking time to get your job done right the first time with no return trips. A personal touch with honesty and integrity at the cornerstone of our business, you can trust that we will only recommend products and services that you need. We currently have 2 full-time employees. We do not sub-contract work. Our customers range from homeowners to Fortune 500 companies. No job is too complex or difficult for us to handle. Whether it is a simple thermostat replacement or as complex as a multi-story building controls system, every job gets the same high level of attention to detail. With a Master HVAC State of Wisconsin Certification, you can rest assured knowing that repairs made by us will correct the problem not the symptom. We accept most major Credit Cards, Paypal and Cash. Currently we have 2 promotional coupons available, see our website's home page for coupon details. Financing is available through FTL finance.

Offers Coupon

Guardianing Heating and Cooling LLC

We are a family run business since 1983. We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Our goal is to service all of our customers to their satisfaction without fail. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Complete heating and cooling installation and service. We recommend Bryant Heating Products. Appliance repair (Maytag, Whirlpool,LG, Sears - Kenmore, GE, Hotpoint, Amana, White Westinghouse, Bryant, Admiral) and others. Air duct work. Custom fabrication.

Ask for details.