Grand Appliance & TV

With Angi since July 2010

4.3

Grand was founded in 1930 under the name Service Electric. We sold appliances back then, but our main business was electrical supplies and light fixtures. After World War II, the Baby Boom created such a demand for appliances that we dropped electrical supplies and fixtures entirely to focus on home appliances. In 1966, then owner, Fred Reckling, moved the store to a bigger, more visible location on Grand Avenue in Waukegan, IL. He also changed the name to Grand Appliance to signify the move and change in company focus. The store in Waukegan remained Grand’s sole location until 1992 when current owner, Mark Reckling, convinced his father, Fred, to open a 2nd location in Kenosha, WI. The new venture was a success and more locations would follow. In addition to new stores, we’ve grown our selection over the years adding a full array of electronics, mattresses, grills and vacuums. We are pleased to now be able to truly provide a solution for every room in the home....

Apex Audio/Video LLC

Apex Audio/Video was founded on the principle that simplicity is paramount in every clients connected home. Over our many years of service we have provided the latest in TV installation, home theater, home automation, whole house audio, WiFi networking, video surveillance and new construction pre-wiring. Its not about buying the latest gadget. Its about finding the product that fits your lifestyle. We began working in this field because of our passion for audio/video, now it’s our turn to bring that passion home to you.

Pure Sound & Vision

Pure Sound & Vision specializes in Audio & Video design, sales and installation in the residential & commercial markets. We specialize in flat panel TV installation and stock a large variety of cables, surge protectors, wall mounts and other installation accessories on our work vans. We offer a wide range of residential AV services including, new home wiring, multi-room audio (SONOS), Home Theater design and installation, and smart home automation & control (NEST & LUTRON). We are a NEST certified Pro as well. We always strive to exceed our client's expectations since our business is built upon outstanding customer service and client referrals.

SOUND DESIGNS

Home Theater Home Automation Home Audio/Video Networking Structural Wiring Security

03/15/2021

Terrible customer service. A few years ago this was the best appliance store in the Milwaukee area. Now, it is the worst. They are understaffed, do not return phone calls or emails, do not meet scheduled delivery days or times, and no one can gave you any explanation. I have used Grand Appliance for over 10 years, and have recommended them to several friends. No longer. I would rather shop for app...

Description of Work
Purchased numerous appliances; dishwasher, wash machine, dryer, wine refrigerator, etc

12/05/2020

We bought a washer and dryer from scott it was the worst service I’ve ever had working with any company they did not respond to any phone calls emails and did not respond in person after repeated meetings. Very disappointed with the lack of professionalism and service at this company.

Description of Work
Washer installment

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

08/09/2018

On Monday I realized my 17 year old refrigerator was not running at all. I called a few places to see if the had our narrow size in stock and when they could deliver. Some only had the bigger models. Most were scheduled a week out, but Scott was able to promise delivery by Thursday. I went into the shop, he assisted me in selecting a refrigerator. Delivery was scheduled for Thursday between 9 am a...

Description of Work
I needed to purchase a refrigerator and dishwasher

11/06/2017

The guys who installed really did a great job.

Description of Work
Installed a new washing machine.

10/03/2017

Excellent; I was given honest opinions and a good variety of choices.

Description of Work
New washer and new dishwasher

06/15/2017

The price was a bit high, but it was an special vent-less dryer. They tend to be more expensive than the standard dryer that can vented from the outside. Its an condo. Its no way to do it on the outside. Its an additional cost. If we have an need, but I don't anticipate on it.

Description of Work
We bought an washer and dryer.

05/01/2017

Gave me price options according to my needs. Would go there again and suggest to others for what they need.

Description of Work
New appliances for home

03/20/2017

I was approached in a timely manor, given the knowledge I sought, and, once a choice was made, was told to "hold off" for a week, as a sale price was coming. No hassle, no haggle.

Description of Work
No "work." I was seeking a replacement washing machine. I'm old fashioned, and do best when sales personnel explain differences and show how special features work, etc.

02/04/2016

The store sold a defective, brand new refrigerator that flooded our kitchen; the sale representatives promised to take care of the issue but failed to do it, very unprofessional, terrible customer service experience/service.

Description of Work
Sold refrigerator.

11/17/2015

From start to finish a fine experience. on time and great install

Description of Work
install new dacor cook top

Category appliance sales

Appliance, Electronics, & Mattress Sales.

Financing Available