A CUT ABOVE TREE SERVICE AND LANDSCAPING

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2007

PO Box 2600

Brookfield, WI 53008

A Cut Above Tree Service and Landscaping LLC is a high quality, family owned and operated tree care company servicing all of southeastern Wisconsin. We are dedicated LOCAL professionals who take great pride in our work and offer superior customer service. Insured for your protection and fully

09/02/2020

John B.

Nothing but exceptional! A Cut Above to our rescue once again in an incredibly timely fashion (noticed by our neighbor and they will now call A Cut Above). A huge limb came down in our back yard and landed on other trees and close to our fence. A Cut Above immediately took care of everything - never a worry. When they were finished, no one knew they were here. A clean, immaculate back yard and driveway. If all business and people would have as much good old fashioned pride, respect, and customer service as A Cut Above does how nice things would be. We thank them again so very much!

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Category landscaping, tree service

12/27/2017

Kathi K.

They came out while we were not home, emailed an estimate promptly. Once we told them we wanted to go ahead with the project, they promptly emailed an agreement and within a week the service was complete. Very professional.

Description of Work
We needed a tree pruned away from our roof as it was doing damage. We do not own the tree and cannot get ahold of the owner.

11/25/2017

Sondra S.

Mike was very knowledgeable and provided us with advice and options for all trees and services requested. Job was done professionally with care for lawn and neighbors.

Description of Work
Removal of dead Ash trees on property line, brush and invading trees property line.

10/02/2017

Chuck W.

It went like everything has always gone with this company when I've used them in the past or referred to clients of mine. Smooth Smooth Smooth. Nicest people on the planet and extremely professional. They take what they do serious even though very personable and fun to work with. Their clean up has to be experienced to be believed. Freakishly fussy. You will not find anyone better in their line of work. Realtor of 40 years has never seen better. Chuck

Description of Work
Removal of large tree

06/02/2017

Beth G.

I liked that they were extremely professional, they did a great job cleaning up, and just overall very professional.

Description of Work
They took out the tree between our property and our neighbor's. Part of it had fallen on our house.

05/18/2017

gregory V.

Mike is very nice and is very informative. Everything went very well. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They removed a line of evergreens for me this winter. Mike explains everything that they will be doing. The work was done well and all debris was cleaned up.

04/24/2017

MJ B.

Excellent work. Very good at cleaning up after job completed. Prompt in responding to need to remove tree.

Description of Work
Removed large tree that had emerald ash bore

03/10/2017

John S.

Team responded to a call to take down a tree that had started to fall and was hung up on other trees. They quickly identified other trees that posed future risk and said they could be taken care of the same day. I was comfortable with the assessment as I had been watching the decline of the identified trees over the last few years. Their work was outstanding. Clean up of the job site was excellent. I will call call back for all my future tree needs.

Description of Work
Four large diseased ash trees removed that were in close proximity to the house.

01/10/2017

Sara P.

They were so easy to work with, and very accommodating. Even though they were very busy, because it was a huge storm that knocked down all the trees, they're thick skinned. I'll always work with them in the future if anything comes up as well. Their price is pretty competitive. It was fast, clean, and he gave me some good recommendations with replacing the trees. He's very knowledgeable, I would not hesitate to use them.

Description of Work
It was a large ash tree that was hit by lighting. They cut it down and ground the stump.

01/10/2017

Sara P.

I like how organize and how clean he is. He does a real good job.

Description of Work
They removed two trees.

10/06/2016

Norbert S.

They were just absolutely fantastic. I would definitely recommend them. I hope to have them come back and take out a few more some trees.

Description of Work
They came in and took some trees out a couple of years ago.

06/12/2016

Jennifer T.

Service was great - from set up for an estimate with my challenging schedule to execution of the removal. We had a miscommunication on one of the trees to remove and a cut above made it right without even a second thought or prodding. Very professional and a wonderful experience.

Description of Work
Removed multiple bushes and a tree.

11/22/2015

gregory V.

Very professional. They came out and worked in the rain to finish the job. They did everything that they said they would do and cleaned it up at the end. Mike explained everything they did, what I need to do in the future, how and why they did what they did in trimming the trees. I will definitely use them again and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Trimmed 4 trees and removed 3 tree stumps.

06/12/2015

Greg H.

A Cut Above Tree Service and Mike and Tom in particular were absolutely perfect. This was a the second time we've used them and they are very thorough, their communication and follow through are excellent and work is expertly and professionally performed. They have state of the art equipement that allowed them to do a very difficult job in a very tight space without doing any damage to the buildings, powerlines or landscaping that were all in the immediate vacinity. They price was very fair given the complexity and urgency of the job. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Removed a very large old tree that failed in a very tight space between our and our neighbors garage.

05/25/2015

Todd Z.

I had started to cut down two evergreens that were amongst a row of evergreens. After cutting through two-thirds of one, I realized that I was going to have trouble getting it down in the place I needed it to go. It was a Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get ahold of anyone. I called a left a message for A Cut Above and was actually surprised when Mike called back immediately. Mike had me text him some pictures and then told me that the tree would be fine and I wasn't at risk of it falling over. Nevertheless he still came out the next day and personally inspected it. A couple of days later they came back to cut the two trees down and did a fantastic job with cutting the trees, cleaning up, and even stacked the wood for my own personal use. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Cut down two evergreens.

04/29/2015

Donna B.

The company responded promptly to my initial call. I explained the situation, including the state of the overgrowth and the seriousness of scheduling. Mike came out to look at the house. He provided an estimate, which was a lump sum. He also advised against cutting down a couple of trees that I was thinking about and suggested that they can wait. The work was scheduled the week before Labor Day weekend and I said that completion could wait until after the holiday, but he stuck to the completion date quote. Mike kept in touch by phone, calling when he was on his way over. The work was begun when he said it would (or slightly earlier, I don't remember) and his brother worked until after dark to make sure that it was completed by the time Mike said it would be. I found out months later from a neighbor that Mike's brother, who now does the office end of the business if I remember correctly, had completed the work because of bees. Mike is allergic to them. As it was, my husband and I provided a LOT of pesticide! They did not criticize us or complain about their working conditions. Everything was tidy at the end of the project, not a chip to be seen, and as I said, they met the deadline and the quote. The cost was exactly what Mike quoted, though as I knew and he mentioned at our first meeting, it runs high. His work is one hundred percent quality and is worth it. We have further work in our yard and both my husband and I will return unhesitatingly.

Description of Work
A Cut Above removed trees and overgrowth that had surrounded our 1936 house. The yard had been badly neglected and none of the bushes had been cut back for 25 years. There was no clear path between the west wall of our garage and the neighbor's lilac bushes unless we ducked beneath branches and squeezed between trees and bushes. Trees overhung the roof. I needed the work done quickly so that other contractors could actually see the house and roof in order provide repair estimates.

Category lawn service, tree service

04/25/2015

Lisa S.

I saw the service On Angie's list last Saturday and sent an email to them indicating that I needed my tree removed quickly. I received a call back to discuss my needs within an hour of the email on a Saturday. I received a quote by Wednesday and less than a week later the crew arrived to remove the tree on Friday. Exceptional responsiveness for this sort of service. During my search for a service, I reached out to three firms and this was the only one to respond. Tom and Mike were excellent to work with and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I had a tree removed in my front yard.

04/20/2015

Andrew E.

Mike and his assistant did a great job trimming a large amount of limbs from two very large trees (a Silver Maple and Willow). They were able to complete the work in one day and they did a great job with everything including a great job cleaning up. Work was completed a day after 3+ inches of rain and there was no damage at all to our yard. Mike did a great job moving equipment carefully to prevent any damage to the yard. These guys are the real deal and you won't be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Mike from A Cut Above Tree Service and Landscaping responded very quickly to our request for an estimate. Mike provided us with information regarding all the trees on our property and a recommendation of work that needed to be completed. Mike was able to help us prioritize the work that needed to be done at our property right away and some additional work that could be done at a later time. We felt like we got a very honest opinion from Mike instead of someone trying to just sell us something.

04/07/2015

Sarah D.

The tree looks great after it was trimmed. Mime was quick to respond and do the work.

Description of Work
Trimmed a large birch tree

02/05/2015

MichaelandMary A.

The work was very good. The workers were good as well. They left the area clean and picked up after themselves. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They came out to trim two of our trees.

01/26/2015

nancy P.

I was very pleased with him. He gave us a very thorough evaluation and explained things very well. He was prompt and polite. He said when things didn't need to be done and gave us options for the price list. I was really impressed with him. We had a birch tree that had a disease and needed to have an injection, but they don't do those kind of treatments, so he recommended another company for that.

Description of Work
He trimmed two large trees and checked all the trees in the yard and made recommendations.

01/26/2015

nancy P.

I am very happy with there service. They were very calm and polite. They told me whats things should not be done. I am very impressed with their service.

Description of Work
They came to trim two large tree and check the yard. They also gave good recommendations.

11/17/2014

Constance R.

Wonderfully. Provided a detailed estimate. Called, said they were coming over and were finished this afternoon. I' m excited for spring to see how beautiful they are. They cleaned up everything. Btw, it was 15 degrees, wind and snow. I highly recommend a cut above

Description of Work
Trimmed my trees front and back of property

10/31/2014

LisaBeth M.

We hired A Cut Above Tree Service because we used them a year ago to cut down and stump grind some tricky trees that were growing around our pool area. They did an outstanding job with utmost professionalism. This September we hired them again to cut down two large evergreen trees, one of which was at least 30ft tall and very close to the street in front of our house. In one day Mike came out with another guy and easily cut down both trees, grinded the stumps and removed all the debris from their work. It is typical for the stump grinds to be left, but knowing that we wanted to replace the bare areas with grass, Mike helped to clean up the remaining stump mulch into a pile so we could distribute it elsewhere on our property. Two months later, we cleared out the fine debris that was leftover, prepped the soil and added nutrients back to the ground and proceeded to add grass seed to the one main area where the larger of the two trees had been. The grass has grown to the point that it is blending nicely with the rest of the front lawn. One cannot even tell there had been a 30+ft evergreen! Not only was it tall, but it was wide and nearly covered half the front of our property view from the street. Now it is a beautiful open space with new growing grass that showcases our home and also the other trees on our property. We plan to entrust any future tree-related work to A Cut Above. They are professional, knowledgeable, efficient and perfectionists in their work. We HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Cut down and stump grind two large evergreens in front of property, close to road.

Category mulch, tree service

10/15/2014

Cheryl N.

They called ahead of time to let me know they were on the way to do the job. They had kept in contact with me and promised that the job would be completed in October. Very professional and efficient. Completely cleaned everything thing up upon completion of the job. I am very satisfied with the job, quality of work and professionalism. I will definitely hire them again and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Cut major branches off of a existing tree that were hanging over the roof and re-shaped the tree so it was even.

Hoppe Tree Service

Our crew has the expertise and equipment for pruning jobs big and small. The equipment, experience, and knowledge of our team of arborists is second to none. Service matters... Hoppe Tree Service has won the Angies List Super Service Award for 18 years in a row from 2001-2018! Get a jump on your trees for this spring season. Contact us to have a certified arborist evaluate your trees! Whether it is pruning or removal work, or staying ahead of insect and diesase pests before it becomes too late. Our crew can help.

Offers Coupon

LC’s Landscaping Services LLC

A heartfelt thank you to our faithful customers whose reviews have helped us achieve the Angie's List Super Service Award 5 years in a row! LC's Landscaping Services has been proudly serving the Lake Country Residents and surrounding areas since 2012! We are a family-run, confident, small business with one focus: To represent Jesus through the work of our hands, in creating beautiful landscapes & forming lasting client relationships. We provide a more enjoyable outdoor home experience, by creating spaces that are as beautiful as they are functional, always putting customer satisfaction first. Our most productive member of our team "Venny" a Ventrac 4500Z is an all terrain compact tractor for any terrain. You truly have to see it to believe what it is capable of. I have said since owning, it is the greatest show on turf! Here are some of the features: * Versatility with light footprint on turf * Working ability on 25-30 degree slopes * Flex Frame that articulates & oscillates * Over 30 front end attachments * Four seasons strong This incredibly rugged and dependable machine is best suited for homeowners, farms, golf courses, schools and universities, parks, street maintenance departments, commercial mowing services, contractors, wineries, property owner associations, estate homes and anyone needing ONE machine to do it all! We have tackled many projects with the Ventrac this year clocking in at almost 150 hours. Everything from brush cutting and clearing, to hauling mulch/stone/topsoil, to finish grading of lawns preparing for sod/seed. We have restored old gravel driveways from any sized potholes and overgrown weeds to a smooth, level surface.

M&M Tree Care

Family owned & operated. 20 employees. Additional email - office@mmtreecare.com. Additional contact name - Robert Miller. See website for additional service areas.

Excludes Storm Damage Estimates
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    Satisfaction

Tree service, tree pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, tree & stump removal, tree trimming, bush and shrub trimming, hazardous limb removal, wood chips, firewood