JJB Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2001

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
DC-050300156

and Greater Metro Milwaukee, WI 53209

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Our company began in 1994 with a simple idea: provide our community with a trustworthy partner in home improvements. We had seen too many neighbors, friends and family members give their trust, time and money to "fly-by-night" contractors who let them down, performed substandard work or even left town with their hard-earned money. After working in the trades for years Jeff Bartelt saw that, even in the best companies he'd worked for, there was a lack of attention to detail and often the simplest solution was overlooked in favor of sales. He saw a need in the local market for someone who would put the customer's best interest at the heart of every decision, and so JJB Home Improvements was founded. That's still our philosophy today. We know you love your home. Something drew you to it and even if it was only a choice of convenience, your home is special to you. We want to help you make it the best it's ever been, so you can enjoy it now, save money on energy and future repairs, and retain the highest possible resale value for when the time comes. We have made a long-term commitment to the Greater Milwaukee community and we stand behind our work. We look forward to serving you! Uses only properly vetted and certified subs. Extra charge for after-hours service. Additional contact - Joe Bartelt....

roofing (102)masonry (21)stucco (19)woodworking (17)house painting (16)chimney repair (14)handyman (12)concrete repair (12)siding companies (11)interior painting (10)gutter repair (10)general contractors (10)

10/19/2021

They were great. Jeff kept me informed along the entire process and was very quick to respond.

Description of Work
Trim around Front Door

Category woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. -Jayne Page Office Manager

08/20/2021

Work was done quickly and looks great.

Description of Work
Brick step repair

Category masonry

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

08/17/2021

The crew worked tirelessly on our 1903 bungalow near the lake. They encountered issues with the framing and the old construction, but came up with smart solutions and provided a strong, properly built, and beautiful staircase. Joe kept us in the loop and up to speed on progress and his thoughts on how to overcome issues. The plumbers were great as well. He coordinated with the City for service shut-offs. The plumbing looks and functions great.

Description of Work
Complete Interior Stair Rebuild and plumbing update

Category plumbing,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

04/28/2021

Job One: I thought I needed a new outer door but Jeff (the owner) suggested refurbishing the existing one which was more cost-effective. It hasn't looked this good since moving in! Job Two: I couldn't afford a whole new kitchen so Kelah, Austin and Joe worked their magic by taking the cabinet doors off and with new hardware and a couple coats of paint on the cabinets, ceiling and walls, I now have a really cheerful "new" kitchen. The crew was great to work with and even accommodated my small extra requests of putting new light switches in and helped me create a new hanging wall coat rack. JJB Home Improvements is fortunate to have a knowledgeable and friendly crew. Keeping them altogether is Tom, their office manager and juggler of all things scheduling and billing-wise. I had to change my start date a couple times and he handled that--and all communications with incredible promptness, professionalism and courtesy. Clearly JJB--in my opinion--has a really great team!

Description of Work
Refurbish door and paint kitchen

Category contractors,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

03/17/2021

JJB is a fantastic company. The team is talented, professional, and accommodating. They show up when they are supposed to show up, and they finish on time! It is a pleasure to work with a company that is so communicative, and we very much look forward to working with them in the future.

Description of Work
Total bathroom renovation

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,insulation,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

10/31/2020

We’ve worked with JJB Home Improvements (Jeff) on a number of projects at our home since 2006; totaling more than $20K of work. They were always prompt, and we were always satisfied with their work. I contracted again with JJBHI (Joe) last summer of 2019 to remove & replace 2 insert windows with screens, and the replacement of some beveled cedar siding. Without our knowledge, JJBHI substituted a different vendor for our windows, and they did not provide screens like we had asked for and paid for. I ended up having to locate the supplier, and purchased the screens myself this past July/2020. The majority of the siding work was done in the dark with “flood lights”, and a very small section of the siding was overlooked (see image below, 2 courses above top of left window). I made numerous attempts via emails and phone calls this past Dec./2019 with JJBHI regarding the above, with no response to date. I also made two written requests via USPS, asking JJBHI to reimburse us for the screens, but have not received a response from Jeff or Joe. I would classify this as JJBHI being “penny wise and dollar foolish”; especially since I have more work to do, the screens X2 were only $80 – COST, and “word of mouth can be your best and worst form of advertising”. Sadly, and mistakenly: 1) I gave JJBHI a 60% down payment, waited more than 3 months for them to show up, and 2) I didn’t retain 3% - 5% of my final payment because I had worked with JJBHI (JEFF) in the past, I didn’t think it was necessary, and I trusted them – BIG MISTAKE.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 insert windows, beveled cedar siding, and insulation

Category insulation,siding,replacement windows,woodworking

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - Call 414-426-2200 to make a Free Estimate Appointment. Serving Northshore, Ozaukee, and Greater Metro Milwaukee, WI - 39004131

06/30/2020

I've worked with many contractors over the years and JJB is the best I've worked with for residential remodeling. That's no small statement. JJB is responsive, communicative, on-time and on-schedule, does not cut corners, always willing to tackle new issues or problems that arise during construction, respectful of neighbors / other tenants, and very fairly priced for the quality of work that they provide. We even had some city permitting issues from prior construction that JJB was able to take on and get cleared up. I can't express how much headache this saved me! On top of being great contractors, Joe and Jeff and their team are also just great people - very personable, easy to communicate with, and a pleasure to be around. They really desire to make their customers happy and to do good work. You won't find any cheap shortcuts or shoddy work with this team. When the time comes for another construction job in the area, they will be my first call. I really can't give much of a higher recommendation than that!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel, floor refinishing and painting through rest of house

Category decks,drywall,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/13/2020

Three letters signal how it went: C C and H Competent in many different parts of home improvement and repair. Careful in all their work. It is not rushed, it is done meticulously. Honest. They will never tell you you need something done just so they can get work. If anything needs to be done, they show you pictures of it and explain it in detail, and then they give detailed items in billing.

Description of Work
Painting and repair work on window frames, tuck pointing on chimney, roof repair, creating a drainage system at back and side of house.

Category contractors,gutter repair,masonry,roofing,replacement windows,chimney repair,drain pipe,architect,stucco,house painters

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

06/07/2020

Joe, Jeff, and their crew were great--professional, friendly, and excellent at their jobs. We received clear and timely communication from them throughout the job, and even after when we had follow-up questions. They took the time to make sure we had all of our questions answered at every part of the process. They repaired damaged spots on our stucco exterior and then sprayed on a coat of new stucco. They also re-pointed a deteriorating chimney and installed new chimney caps on both chimneys. The house looks fantastic! We've received compliments from many of our neighbors on how nice the house looks now. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
stucco re-coat, chimney re-pointing, new chimney caps

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,stucco

Work Completed On 05/02/2020

05/21/2020

JJB Home Improvements (Jeff, Joe and crew) did an outstanding job on our chimney repair. We had a small water leak in our interior attic. JJB responded quickly and professionally by setting up scaffolding for our 112 year old home. 3 stories high! No problem for JJB. They repaired the old brick, caulked, applied a skim stucco coat, then a finish stucco coat, then painted to match with elastomeric paint. We even replaced the 3 chimney caps with more decorative and functional caps. JJB was extremely professional, on time, and communicated every step of the way. I have already recommended them to neighbors and friends. So nice to have a contractor like JJB!

Description of Work
Chimney repair.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,stucco,house painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Review for JJB Home Improvements LLC - Call 414-426-2200 to make a Free Estimate Appointment. Serving Northshore, Ozaukee, and Greater Metro Milwaukee, WI - 38582234

Interior & Exterior Remodeling – Kitchens, Bathrooms, Attics, & Basements, New Dormers, Additions, Decks, & Garages. Concrete & Masonry – Tuck Pointing, Chimney Work, Patios, Stucco, & Driveways. Roofing, Insulation, Gutters, Downspouts, Drywall, Painting, Carpentry, Siding, Window & Door Replacement, & Skylights. Home Inspections.

Carpet & Vinyl Floor Installation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover