STOUT ROOFING

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2006

ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARDS: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 As one of the oldest residential re-roofing contractors in the Seattle area, we guarantee you quality workmanship and exceptional service. We specialize in re-roofing with composition shingles, cedar shakes, single-ply systems for low pitch roofs, metal, and various types of tile. No matter what type or size of roof you have, as a valued client, your job is equally important to us. Whether it's a 1,000-square condominium project or a 5 square carport, you can expect the same excellent service LICENSE #: STOUTRL894D1....

Laurelhurst

+3 more images

roofing (195)skylight installation (19)gutter repair (10)general contractors (16)handyman (13)electrician (5)house painting (3)siding companies (3)tile installation (2)

12/11/2020

Bob G.

Stout's crew worked diligently over several days, successfully coping with bad weather, to complete a beautiful new roof Jake Stout first roofed our house 28 years ago with no problems until last summer when a skylight began leaking. Jake repaired the leak at no charge. Who ever heard of a 28-year roof leak warranty? That kind of service and very competitive pricing made our choice to use his company for our new roof a "no brainer."

Description of Work
Stout replaced our cedar shake roof with composition shingles.

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

12/02/2020

Joshua M.

Communication with Amanda, and estimates done by Jake were both a pleasant experience! The roofing was done well and in an orderly time, would definitely recommend them again for future jobs!

Description of Work
Roofing of a dining hall

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

11/27/2020

Anna M.

We are so impressed with Jake and his team! From initial contact to final job, everything was perfect and professional! The price was very reasonable. The estimate was prompt, professional, and Jake was quick to respond to all of our questions. The work was done quickly and right on time. We are incredibly happy and will call Stout Roofing any time we need roof work!

Description of Work
New roofing

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

11/24/2020

L H.

Jake and Amanda and the crew were outstanding at every step of the process! Amanda stayed in close touch all along the way and was helpful with any information needed. Jake's expert guidance in making a decision as to the best roofing material and best methods were caring, thoughtful and wise. He was genuinely wanting to help us choose the correct solution to meet our needs. His crew was kind, respectful and kept the grounds clean at all times. Our new roof was installed about 8 months ago and looks great and has performed perfectly in our stormy Washington weather! Great job! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Stout Roofing over and over and over again!

Description of Work
New metal roof

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

11/16/2020

Tony C.

Their estimate was detailed and accurate. They provided good local references to select roofing material type, color and quality. Their crew showed up on-time, and worked hard and professionally throughout the job, which took just two days. Clean-up was meticulous, and a follow-up question by me about costs was handled in the best and most professional manner possible. We've had nothing but flattering comments from friends and neighbors on our new roof, and it's been holding up just fine in these recent days of heavy rain. Overall, couldn't have had a better experience.

Description of Work
Composite roof replacement. Covering approx 2,000 sqft of floorspace

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/14/2020

John K.

Perfect. As promised at very competitive price and a top notch owner Jake Stout

Description of Work
Replacement for existing roof

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

10/29/2020

Les W.

Excellent. Stout's provided a reasonable quote, was on-time and within budget. They had a great crew who were friendly and professional and cleaned the site of any debris before leaving at the end of the day. We appreciated Stout's responsiveness and followup by inspecting their work carefully and addressing our questions and concerns. Well done.

Description of Work
Removed old shingle and re-roofed with new shingles.

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Review for STOUT ROOFING - 13110 NE 177TH PL, Woodinville, WA - 38986165

09/15/2020

Irene S.

They are excellent and are absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced three of our roofs through our homeowners association.

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

07/13/2020

Rose B.

These guys was good. They are not the cheapest, but the best one. They all have the credentials, professional, upfront right away, on time, and clean up, and very polite. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put a new roof.

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

05/18/2020

Jill B.

Jake, Amanda, Marcos and the crew were all great to work with. I needed the roof on a large shed removed and replaced. The job was done quickly, on budget and with an excellent cleanup upon completion.

Description of Work
Remove and replace shed roof.

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for STOUT ROOFING - 13110 NE 177TH PL, Woodinville, WA - 38574232

05/14/2020

Zhangwei X.

The quality of the work was horrible. Jake and his team claimed the work was finished when there were so many places were incomplete. He came back once to correct it, and didn't show up in our last appointment. And now one year later, I just discovered that some of the roof tiles were gone and some had warps. This is completely not acceptable. Stout Roofing is not standing behind their service. Their responses were always slow and didn't address the problems fully.

Description of Work
Replace the entire roof

Work Completed On 04/13/2019

Review for STOUT ROOFING - 13110 NE 177TH PL, Woodinville, WA - 38564142

05/14/2020

Liz F.

Stout Roofing has been fantastic to work with. Customer service was prompt and pleasant (thank you Amanda!). We got a thorough, professional bid, with follow up calls to answer questions. The roofing team did excellent work, and our neighbors have commented on how nice the roof looks. I would highly recommend Stout Roofing!

Description of Work
Composite roofing

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

05/08/2020

Billie G.

Great! Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Replace roof on house and garage.

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

12/20/2019

Sissi S.

Jake Stout and his team were excellent! He managed to get us on the calendar quickly, and his team worked hard and efficiently to get the job done in a timely manner. His bid competitive with the other local companies for similar work. The rain came in on a Sunday morning (unexpected rain) and one of his crew men came out to finish something so the rain wouldn't damage the new roof. I would highly recommend Stout Roofing -- their reviews speak for themselves.

Description of Work
New Composite Roof

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

12/13/2019

Jodi S.

I have worked with Stout Roofing on several projects, for both repair and full roof replacement. This company has proven to be a wonderful resource and my go-to for all of my roofing solutions. Stout is reliable, honest, skilled and fair. As a Property Manager I depend on vendors with excellent communication and follow through. Jake Stout takes the time to clearly explain project details and answer questions. You cannot go wrong with Stout Roofing.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

12/11/2019

Geoff S.

We hired Stout Roofing to replace the roof on our rambler. I was pleased to meet Jake Stout when he came to my residence to do an inspection and discuss the concerns I had. I asked for a few small changes such as the installation of some bathroom ceiling fan flapper vents, and the removal of a solar attic vent fan and patching it's hole. Their pricing was extremely competitive and right in our budget. Best of all they had very good availability to get started. The roof removal was completed in just a matter of hours, and the second day the new roof was installed without any issues. The crew was polite and friendly and did a great job of cleanup after themselves. I'm very pleased with the finish product and the company!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

12/11/2019

Steve, Ellen W.

Jake and his team were great. He met with me twice, and was very creative in adapting to our needs, and the needs of our house. He's tuned into current technologies, and gave good advice about what would be best. He also connected us with a good contractor to get a gutter replaced. Jake's team on the site was terrific. They worked very fast and were of good cheer. They cleaned up every day, and responded to several detail requests. The roof itself is of much better quality than the original roof, with several issues rectified. It looks better also, with an improved ridgeline.

Description of Work
Re-roofing our house.

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Steve H.

Jake and his crew is our go to roofing contractor for all our projects where we need roofing work done. He has been great to work with over the years. The quality of the work is great. They have always been responsive to our needs. And they bend over backwards to go the extra mile. I would highly recommend Stout Roofing for any roofing project.

Description of Work
Jake has installed many roofs for us over the years.

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

Lynn R.

I was super pleased with the roofers and the great communication with the owner. I have recommended them to 2 of my neighbors who are planning to contact Stout roofing to have their house done in the spring/summer. I hired this company after having 6 quotes/bids.

Description of Work
full reroof

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

Suzanne S.

Stout was a very professional company from start to finish. The administrator, Amanda, was outstanding from the first phone call through the final check point, making sure that everything had gone well and that we were happy with the new roof that Stout installed for us. We were going from an old shingle roof to a composite roof, and there were decisions to be made about grade of composite, color choice, etc. Jake was very helpful in all regards to helping us select the right roofing materials and we are pleased with our final choices. When some detail work on the roof needed to be handled, there were members of the Stout Team who came out and took care of it promptly! We are very pleased. Thank you Team Stout!

Description of Work
New roof; composite

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Patricia T C.

Totally perfect. The Stout Roofing staff is totally professional, very responsive to all of my needs, and especially patient (with this 87 year-old demanding lady), I've used Stout Roofing for years and recommended his company countess times - and NO one has EVER given me any negative feed back. All wonderful!!

Description of Work
Reroof my home

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

08/04/2019

Maurice R.

Great job at a fair price. The follow-up items post install took a month to get resolved, but they were minor items that didn't impact our day to day. Would recommend Jake and the team.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 07/12/2019