Classic Nursery & Landscape Co.

Founded 1984 • With Angi since March 2005

As the only landscape firm on Angie's List with a 10 acre nursery & garden center, on staff landscape architect and awards from the NW Flower & Garden Show, Classic can consult, plan and build anything outside. Located in Woodinville's historic winery district. Classic Nursery & Landscape Company

Queen Anne projectCraftsmans gardenBlakely ridge project

lawn & landscaping (97)hardscaping (37)stone & gravel (18)lawn care (18)mulch delivering (16)Patios (13)Nurseries (8)fountains (6)drain pipe installation (6)irrigation system (6)landscape lighting (5)decks & porches (5)

12/19/2020

Mark M.

Excellent! Classic Nursery just wrapped up a 3+ week landscape renovation project for my Issaquah home. I was in communication with Alan, the landscape designer, starting in 2017 and finally decided to move forward with this extensive project. Alan is patient, knowledgeable, responsive and full of experience that he brings to his projects. With very few revisions, I went with the landscape design which included a new flagstone patio for a fire pit, dry-streambed treatments around the property, 14 light installations and a water fountain feature at the entryway. Hugo was the foreman for the job and was on-time, knowledgeable, great with communication and made changes quickly as he and I translated the landscape design sketch into reality. At the nursery Don was patient, knowledgeable and listened well to understand what plantings I wanted and would do well around my home. I purchased 20+ different shrubs and plants and Don was friendly in showing me around the nursery and indicating what I might like. I can't say enough positive things about Classic Nursery. I will definitely be referring others to them and giving them more business as I continue to invest in my outdoor spaces.

Description of Work
Sod removal and rough bed removal area at upper rear terrace and at sideyard north side so as to make path and beds / seating areas. Redefine lawn transitions at bottom of existing concrete paths with transitional flagstone landings. Construct a small bubbling water feature. Light up the landscape with low voltage LED lighting

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 39094767

12/11/2020

Grey C.

First, we are repeat customers of Classic Nursery, and we highly recommend their services! They did a patio project for us several years ago that we were impressed with, so we called on them again to design and build a small courtyard behind the house. This project required excavation and the building of a retaining wall. Working with Alan was a smooth and professional experience. He and his crew worked well together. The crew was hard working and the work was always completed on the agreed upon schedule. Alan did a great job of being responsive to us throughout the project by answering any questions we had. Classic Nursery has been in business for many years and their experience was very much appreciated. We also appreciated the help we received from Don at Classic's garden center. He was knowledgeable about the plants and was a pleasure to work with in that regard. One last note is that Classic took Covid safety precautions seriously, as you would expect. Thank you Alan and crew for the great work! We're very happy with our new outdoor space. We look forward to watching our new plants grow in the spring and enjoying our courtyard!

Description of Work
Retaining wall and landscaped courtyard.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 39080785

12/16/2019

Teri S.

The short version: Classic Nursery and Landscape did a great job renovating and enhancing our yard. I couldn't recommend them more highly. The details: We were working with a landscape design/build company which closed without warning – in the middle of our yard renovation project, having gone through all of our original budget and then some, and leaving us with a ratty-looking yard and a carport full of crushed rock. Classic cleared out our shrubbery jungle, leaving carefully pruned plants (including some I had forgotten were there). They constructed a wheelchair-accessible path around our backyard, and built a new water feature. Then they brought in beautiful new plants. They did more in 3 weeks than our previous landscape company did in 2 years. Alan was a pleasure to work with, professional and cordial. He responded promptly to every query. The project got done when he said it would be done, and it cost what he said it would cost. The landscape crew was great; knowledgeable and industrious. They accomplished an amazing amount of work in a very short time. Fred worked hard to get our water feature just right, and the results justify the effort he put into it. Our visit to Don Rosebrook at the nursery might've been the highlight of the project. I couldn't get my wheelchair into the greenhouse to see our new plants (probably just as well – I might still be there!), so he kindly brought them out where we could meet them. He even brought out several alternative possibilities for us to consider. It was well worth the trip out to Woodinville. I know our new landscape will look better every year, but this first year it will be particularly exciting to watch our new plants wake up in the spring. I can hardly wait!

Description of Work
Yard renovation

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You and Robin are too kind. We really appreciate having an opportunity to build the spaces for you, I hope you have a chance to use your new Classic Nursery discount card this Spring! You still have lots of room for more hybrid Blueberry, more Huckleberry and ferns - and can we ever have enough Hydrangea?

10/29/2019

Melinda H.

From start to finish, Classic was an exceptional company to partner with. They listened to our ideas and suggested their own. The work was completed on schedule and we were sorry to see the crew leave. They were professional and respectful of our property and really nice people. We continue to have Classic maintain our yard - spring and fall cleanups. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Complete re-landscape, front, back and side yards

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 38202146

10/06/2019

Karyn A.

Fantastic!! I LOVE my new backyard!!

Description of Work
Full design and landscaping of our backyard including some hardscaping. Alan is such a talented designer and so thoughtful with how he wanted our backyard to look. I highly recommend Classic Nursery - they are wonderful to work with!!

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

09/30/2019

Terry L.

Three years ago, my husband and I decided to have landscape work done at our home. We met with Alan, walk the yard, discussed alternatives, and ideas to achieve our vision of the project. He gave us many ideas on how to best proceed, and then provided a preliminary drawing including an itemized cost sheet to review. After a few changes, we were ready to sign a contract and schedule the work. There were two phases for the project, demolition and installation. The demolition included removing old sod, existing overgrown shrubs, and preparing the grounds and plant beds for the next phase. The installation consisted of a small paver patio, new sod, new plants, a crushed rock walkway, bark, and small amount of drainage work. Alan and his work crew arrived at our home on the appointed day to begin. Throughout our project we were impressed with the pride and work ethic reflected in their workmanship and they were a pleasure to work with. Alan checked in several times over the course of the project. We also were put in contact with staff at the nursery regarding plant selection. We were not disappointed in the finished product! I was familiar with Classic Nursery & Landscape Company and the talented owner/designer, Alan Burke. He is very knowledgeable, easy going, and a pleasure to work with. Throughout the project he made himself available to answer questions and was patient with our few changes. All and all the experience was special and a delight. So, after three years how are things looking? Pretty good! Some plants have outgrown their place, and will need transplanting. And I have a few more ideas I’m going to need help with. I’ll be in touch with Alan and Classic again, soon!

Description of Work
Remove sod and old shrubs, install paver patio, walkways, new sod, sm. amount of drainage, new plants, mulch, rework on-site pavers in trash can area, create flower bed next to garage.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, rototilling, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

09/29/2019

Madeleine B.

Alan was great to work with, professional, excellent communication skills, attention to details and a desire to produce a quality work. Our very large project rapidly expanded to double in scope and Alan and his crew handled this well. Of course it took time to get it all done but there were no significant delays. I think between the patio paving, the water feature, the outdoor fireplace and the planting and boulder placement we probably met all of Alan's workers. We were very impressed with the expertise and hard work from everyone. No project of this size is completed without some road blocks or errors and we had a couple. Alan and I were able to work out good solutions and carry on the effort. I want to especially mention that Alan listened to all my ideas and remembered all important items and created a plan that worked beautifully in my property. The end result is a place that has elements my spouse, my son and myself particularly enjoy and it all feels like home.

Description of Work
Patios, outdoor fireplace, water feature path, planting of trees and shrubs

Category landscaping, lawn service, lakefront landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/14/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was our pleasure to have this opportunity to work with you and to help to create your beautiful outdoor spaces. We look forward to seeing it grow in over time and to adding new pictures to our portfolio. I hope you have a chance to enjoy many relaxing evenings in the hot tub area as well as calm afternoons out at the fireplace patio area. We look forward to the possibility of creating the native trails out in the far back with you one day!

09/26/2019

Laurie P.

We are repeat customers of Classic Nursery. This was a big job that included planting of trees, shrubs and perennials, adding rock accents including a rock path, reshaping and reseeding of the lawn areas, readjustment of sprinkler system and addition of a new sprinkler zone. Classic Nursery is knowledgeable about PNW plants, easy to work with/collaborative with what we wanted, professional throughout, very responsive to questions. They work solidly as a team from designer, planner, nursery staff, irrigation specialists, work crew, and office staff. We would hands down call them again if we needed any landscape work.

Description of Work
Landscape of back yard, front beds and entrance area to our home

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

Maria L.

Great! Work was done in the time that was given. All went smoothly and the staff was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
A complete back and front Yard remodel

Category landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

Marianne B.

It was fabulous! From the design process (which could be installed in phases) to the timeliness of the work being done to any maintenance we needed, Classic Nursery & Landscaping was phenomenal! Over & over again guests to our home would comment on how beautiful the landscape was and how it all blended together. We would use them again in a heartbeat and have referred numerous times with glowing reviews & appreciation.

Description of Work
Landscape design, installation & maintenance on a property of an acre (including hardscapes)

Category decks, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/24/2008

Sharon W.

I cannot give enough praise for Alan Burke, Classic Nursery, and a special thanks to all his employees...shout out Dominique...all professional and amazing to work with. This was a big project and it's simply beautiful!! This was a pleasure with kind care all throughout!! I would use Alan and his crew without any hesitation, you won't find any better. Work done, outstanding...personal care and attention, outstanding. The transformation was simply, amazing.

Description of Work
Landscaping beautification

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, fountains, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 38131711

09/21/2019

Lon L.

Excellent both times. On time, on budget and both times the finished product was even better than expected. His pricing is great and the work is perfect and on-time. It seems that most contractors don't seem to have time to answer their phones or emails any more, so it is refreshing that Alan always replies quickly even on weekends. He also made a point of following up after the work was done to ensure everything was as we expected. Can't recommend him enough. Wish he did kitchen remodels.

Description of Work
They have done two jobs for us: a new hardscape patio with pavers, and a water feature.

Category landscaping, fountains, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 38124701

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Don't forget that you and [Member Name Removed] have some free perennials that we offered at our closeout walkthrough to fill out that pond area... i can send you some suggestions if you like... .

06/10/2019

Corey F.

Alan (classic nursery owner) and team did an amazing job. The work they did was super high quality and well worth every penny. Alan was amazingly responsive and regularly visited the site to explain progress, check in to make sure we were happy and to answer any questions we had. We would recommend Classic nursery in a heartbeat and will be using their services again in the future!

Description of Work
We had a large landscaping project including redoing our back patio (excavating and leveling ground, installing pavers, wall, etc), installing a waterfall and fire pit, installing drainage in our front yard, landscaping including removing shrubbery, laying a rock river and planting new shrubbery.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

08/09/2018

Jeri H.

Angies list sent out emails to companies based on my needs. Classic Nursery responded promptly with their requirements. Because of their promptness, I would look to use them when and if I ever have a large project.

Description of Work
Looking for landscaper

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Good luck as you continue your search. Although it sounds like we cannot assist you, we will be happy to review any other bids you receive, just to offer a professional second opinion if you like. Best wishes!

05/04/2018

Cindy S.

I got several bids for a 1400sq foot project and selected Classic Nursery, not because they were there cheapest but because of the reviews is read about them and the very organized approach. I had to wait two months from the time I signed and provided a deposit to the start date. It was worth the wait. They've exceeded my expectations. My yard looks phenomenal. I'm attaching some after pictures. I had a two hour appointment at the nursery with the Master Gardener to select my plants and ask a plethora of questions. Truly awesome!

Description of Work
Remove grass and whole backyard landscape

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Review for Classic Nursery & Landscape Co. - 16215 140th Pl NE, Woodinville, WA - 37038928

11/03/2017

Robert B.

The work by Classic Nursery, specifically their representative, Wan-Chi, was excellent. Wan-Chi met with our committee on site; provided design expertise/options; met with us at the nursery to finalize shrub/plant selections; supervised work on site. Of special note was the excellent follow-up service including contacting us during very hot weather with watering tips and suggestions for long-term maintenance to protect what was planted. After six months we have not lost one plant or shrubs out of approximately 40+ planted. GREAT service by Wan-Chi!

Description of Work
Renovation of a neighborhood entrance (landscaping design, renovation work, installation of new shrubs/plants).

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

09/01/2017

Karen L.

From the bidding process to completion they were very professional and accommodating.

Description of Work
They replaced a rotting rr tie wall with cement pavers and planted 23 arborvitae.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

06/16/2017

Ty L.

I can't express how great the crew were great (Juan & his helper). The only issues I had encountered is that the communication of schedule (when they would be returning) required that I continually follow up with Carlos. I think a schedule for the project would have been helpful at the beginning of the work rather than having to check what was being done next and when it would happen. They seemed very knowledgable and again I wanted to stress that the final outcome was great and the crew were great.

Description of Work
Planter removal, excavating and new sod.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

01/04/2017

roger T.

Our objective was to add an outdoor living space adjacent to our home that would complement and connect to the natural vegetation on an adjacent hillside. The project included installation of patio pavers, a pond with waterfall, plantings, stone walkway and steps, and a large custom arbor. Photos of the completed project can be viewed on this site in the Image Gallery section (see "Trepanier project"). We couldn't be more pleased with the end result. From the start, owner Alan Burke was a pleasure to work with. He listened (patiently) to our ideas, and as befits a true professional offered intuitive suggestions and options we hadn't considered. Alan emphasizes clear communication, evidenced by making sure we understood each option, its cost, and possible trade-offs to make sure we stayed within budget. The project itself went very smoothly. Workmen were punctual, courteous, paid attention to detail, and we considered them craftsmen more than laborers. All contributed greatly to to a completed project that in many ways exceeded our expectations. We continue to enjoy this "extension" to our home, and never hesitate to recommend Classic to guests, friends and neighbors in our Hunters Glen homeowners association.

Description of Work
Design and installation of patio, arbor, water feature and plantings.

Category landscaping, fountains, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Best as always to you and Patty! Please see our portfolio images of your beautiful home here: http://classicnursery.com/garden-portfolio/hunters-glen-project/

12/22/2016

Janice C.

We had our backyard landscaped by Classic Nurseries in 2014 and are still delighted how well our project turned out. Now coming into its third year, it is maturing beautifully into a stunning garden. We spend many hours in our backyard - it is our zen place to retreat and consider it an extension of our home. It's beautiful 12 months of the year. Classic Nurseries continues to professionally maintain our backyard and they treat it as if it was their own. We couldn't be happier with the service Classic Nurseries has provided and continues to provide.

Description of Work
original landscape project and now, ongoing service

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your very nice note. Our very best wishes to you and [Member Name Removed]!

08/26/2016

Martha M.

The first design was over-budget. Alan pared it down without sacrificing beauty or quality. I felt respected and that my opinions and preferences mattered. Installation was fine; good clean-up. They accidentally knocked over a boulder at the neighbor's but used their equipment to put it perfectly back in place. Courteous, clean. Alan's walk-through at the end was good; he had his crew make minor adjustments that I requested. A few plants didn't make it 6 months later, despite my care and watering; they were replaced without question.

Description of Work
I live in the Education Hill area of Redmond in a mid-income neighborhood. The project involved a complete overhaul of the front yard, making it beautiful but affordable, and retaining as many of the existing plant materials (trees, shrubs) as possible. This meant removing the "lawn"/moss and redoing one side of the yard, and also the other side of the driveway creating a visual barrier between my house and the neighbor's. Alan Burke worked with me on several iterations to come up with a beautiful design within my budget. He considered how I would use it (sitting in Adirondak chairs with friends at the end of the day), what I love (home-grown fruits), how light and exposure would affect plant choices, and how I would feel (happy to enter my driveway after work). Installation was in October, and it has been a monthly joy watching the staged flowers and plants come into bloom. I was fussy: I wanted only blue, pink, white, and yellow plants: I wanted edibles and they provided huckleberry, blueberry, lingonberry, elderberry; I wanted drought-tolerant, neglect-tolerant plants. Through the expert advice of Nursery Manager Don Rosebrook, the plants are perfect for me, which required some special orders, like a certain pink echanacea and a particular culinary lavender. I love sitting in my garden with a glass of wine, looking at whatever is blooming at the moment. Friends have said that it's peaceful, lovely, comforting, welcoming. Alan and Don crafted a front yard that I am delighted with, kept it within my modest budget, and taught me how to care for the plants so they will grow and thrive. I would use Classic again without hesitation.

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

Thank you! You were a joy to work with and we all appreciated your interest in visiting the nursery, adjusting some of the plant selections to tailor them exactly to your liking - and checking in daily as the work progressed. I look forward to visiting in the future and putting some new pictures in the classicnursery.com portfolio. Best wishes to you!

08/25/2016

bill D.

He provided us with a comprehensive set of documents on landscaping materials and plants to consider. Within a couple of days he sent us a preliminary plan and cost estimate. The Classic Nursery team was very responsive to our requests for revisions and updates –always providing insightful pros and cons to our requests. We scheduled the project, visited their nursery (to review our plant selection) and reviewed the project schedule. Our project was delayed a week because of staff illness – communication of issue was prompt and informative. Four days later, Alan, Eric and the crew arrived. Project moved smoothly. Pruning and clean up took a couple of days and were followed by plantings, new walkways and rockeries. The team did an excellent job integrating some existing plants, grasses and flowers with the new selections. Project was completed on time; work area was nicely cleaned daily. The revised areas have a definite updated/current landscaping look. Project costs were as estimated. ,,,, no surprises Alan was always available for phone, email or in person discussions. The landscaping and office staff was equally helpful and available. We are very pleased with our updated yard and will recommend Classic Nursery to family and friends. Aug 18, 2016 Due to expected high temperatures, Alan contacted us with a reminder to increase watering especially for new planting. We selected drought resistant planing but they need additional watering as they adjust to being moved. An example of Alan and Classic Nursery's follow-up which reinforces our long held confidence and trust in Classic Nursery

Description of Work
Classic Nursery Review. March 23, 2016 This is our second yard landscape project with Alan Burke (previous was 23 years ago when Alan was with another firm.) The prior experience with Alan was terrific so we again contacted Alan and Classic Nursery. Alan came to our house and reviewed our project scope, timing and budget. Our focus was to renew planting areas, reduce maintenance and focus on drought resistant plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/25/2016