BASSETT HOME HEATING INC.

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2008

Family owned and operated since 1997 See our web site: Bassetthomeheating.com We sell "American Standard" products....

A Service Provider's profile image

HVAC Companies (48)gas leak repair (5)water heaters (5)plumbers (4)fireplace services (2)furniture refinishing (2)gas fireplace repair (1)electrician (1)

04/01/2020

James M.

Great. Been using John for years No reason to look elsewhere

Description of Work
Service water heater and furnace

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

11/09/2019

ANN G.

I had five estimates from different installers for a new gas furnace. I knew I would go with John Bassett after the first few minutes of meeting him. This family owned business did an excellent job and at a fair price. No high pressure sales, nor suggestions of additional items like a maintenance contract or vent cleaning. The installation went smoothly, they came on time, cleaned up afterwards and passed the Redmond permitting process with flying colors.

Description of Work
new gas furnace

Work Completed On 11/09/2019

09/19/2019

MISTY K.

They installed our new furnace in February 2017. Need to have it serviced. Can't get ahold of them. Have been trying for days!! Out of business?? Website is still up and phones are still on.

Description of Work
Furnace service

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

06/15/2019

Craig F.

Very professional and punctual! Excellent service! They were very courteous and the installation was very smooth. I felt like I was given special attention and was their only client. John Bassett is someone you can trust. Very happy and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installlation furnace and AC

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

10/02/2018

Richard M.

Work was done efficiently and quickly, I am waiting on thermostat only. The team was professional, clean-up was thorough, installation was efficiently. I recommend Bassett for all furnace needs.

Description of Work
install new furnace

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

06/12/2018

Larry G.

We have been using Bassett for 17 years and have always had a great experience with them. Their pricing is extremely competitive, they are prompt, and they do a great job. When we moved into a new house, the water heater was probably 15 years old and ready to go, the furnace may well have been the original from 1962. John came out and looked everything over - he told me that it wasn't critical to replace either but considering their age either could go at any time. He gave a quote to replace them (which was less than other bids I had recived) and we decided to have the work done. Couldn't be happier with the final results. There was one call back but his crew came out the same day I called and made it right.

Description of Work
We had them replace a gas water heater, gas furnace and install an earthquake shutoff valve on the main gas line.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

02/10/2018

Mike W.

Went great they had the old one out and new one in on the same day.

Description of Work
Replaced a furnace that went out over the Christmas Holiday, Bassett Home Heating made sure we had a new furnace is very quickly to replace our original 50+ year old unit that went out during a cold week over the holidays

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

Thank you for your review!

01/06/2018

Jon H.

Removal and installation went very well. I really liked the way John explained the current codes and the conditions of my home to ensure we installed the correct system, made some minor changes to improve safety during the use of the new system.

Description of Work
New gas furnace installed.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

Thank you for your review! Pleasure to work with you. I will make sure the team sees your review!

10/21/2017

cindy R.

It went great! From start to finish John and his son David and assistant Leon did a superb job all the way around. Got a new furnace just in time to sit back and relax this winter and many winters to come knowing that they are part of my team! Thanks to all for a job well done. And the Angie's List coupon which saved me even more money.

Description of Work
Gas furnace replaced

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

06/12/2017

Kelly H.

Technician had the parts necessary and when something else turned out to have failed at the same time, came back in an hour and fixed that part as well with no extra charge. Service has been quick, efficient, and courteous all times we have used this company. Good communication as well.

Description of Work
Repairs on older gas furnace.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

Thanks for good review, I will print it out for Young our service Tech.

02/27/2017

nancy K.

The have been very satisfactory. They are an American Standard dealer which has Trane I think. I just went ahead with that equipment so I didn't shop. They were good because actually they didn't tell me to replace the furnace that is there. They had to take it out to get a new coil. So, they didn't try to sell me a new furnace. That's a real plus because I wouldn't know. They were there right away. There punctuality was very good too. They were right on time. There professionalism was very good. They have a repair man that really knows heat pumps, which is not east to find these days. They are very complicated. When you have a system with a heat pump, it's a very complicated system. They really repair people and they need to go out to school. The people I was with, they really couldn't handle a heat pump. I was glad to drop them. But this is just not like the old gas type furnace that was easy to repair. These systems are very complicated. I would use them again because they are my Heating and Cooling people. No doubt. I wouldn't think twice.

Description of Work
They came to repair my heat pump. The circuit board had gone. It would of been very expensive to repair. I just decided to just go ahead and replace it rather then spend that much money on it.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

01/27/2017

sarahmarie M.

Description of Work
My furnace went out without warning.

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

01/27/2017

sarahmarie M.

My furnace went out without warning. I called 3 other companies and they all were a week out before they could come and see me. I have my 99 year old grandmother and an infant in my house in the middle of winter and could not wait a week. I called Bassett and they came that night and found the problem right away. Would defiantly call them again.

Description of Work
Furnace went out. Had no idea what it was. Turns out it wasn't getting power and they came and hooked us all back up. Great guy.

Category furniture repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

01/09/2017

Karin H.

It took a little while for the owner to call back, as he had the flu, but after that everything went extremely well. The technician came as scheduled the following morning, diagnosed the problem within minutes of arriving, and completed the repair quickly. In addition, when I asked him how to schedule an overdue annual service on the furnace, he said he could do it then and did. The technician was completely professional and extremely pleasant. He didn't try to sell us any services or products we didn't need. Bassett has serviced our furnace for the last couple of years, but this was the first time we have called them for a repair. We will definitely be sticking with them in the future.

Description of Work
Our furnace had been out for a day when I called Bassett. The repair was made (we needed a new thermostat) and the technician completed an overdue annual servicing of the furnace, as well.

Work Completed On 01/06/2017

10/25/2016

Michelle D.

Great! From quote to install, awesome & convenient communication super fast & friendly install.

Description of Work
New high efficiency furnace install.

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

09/10/2016

Jason N.

Good luck getting them to contact you. They obviously are too busy for my business.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing. I attempted to contact this company via their website a week ago and they never got back to me. When I hadn't heard from them, I called the number listed on their site and left a message. That was several days ago and my call was never returned.

Work Completed On 08/30/2016

07/06/2016

JOSEPH P.

Excellent job. Explained work to be done in detail, with options. Arrived on time, courteous and friendly, did great cleanup. The system works better than expected, since they corrected prior deficiencies to the heating system.

Description of Work
Add air conditioning to central heating

Work Completed On 06/07/2016

07/06/2016

Heidi P.

Arrived in the morning, installed the furnace & air conditioner. Removed old furnace to dispose of and cleaned up the work areas.

Description of Work
Old furnace (40 yrs.) removed and new energy efficient furnace and air conditioning installed.

Work Completed On 06/15/2016

06/09/2016

Susan T.

John, the owner was very responsive of approachable from the first call. They really accommodated us in a way which was both personable and professional.

Description of Work
Removal of old furnace and installation of new furnace. Installation of new air conditioner as well.

Work Completed On 05/31/2016

10/16/2015

Timothy D.

We decided not to go with the a/c instal and just have them tune up the furnace and cap of the vent. This was in Early August 2015. They said we'd be on the list for September furnace tune-ups. Contacted them 3rd week of September, they said "yes, you're on the list for our calls in your neighborhood soon" - then get a call on October 6th at about 11am asking if they can come out that afternoon. I said yes, but reminded them of the duct cap-off as well as furnace tune. Turns out they can't do that as they "didn't have the right tools/materials not he truck". They promised to be out to us by "end of this week or early next week". Well, it's now the end of the next week and no response at all. They are polite, pleasant folks who just don't seem to able to deliver on their promises. Seems like they have taken on too much work.....shame.

Description of Work
Came out and gave me a bid for a furnace tune up, capping off a duct we no longer needed, and installing an ac system.

Work Completed On 10/06/2015

[member name removed], Sorry for the confusion. We had just hired a service technician and at the time he was riding with a subcontractor for training. The subcontractor didn't carry ductwork on his truck. We did however come back and cap off your duct. We now have a fully stocked service truck. Please call if we can be of further assistance. John & Debbie Bassett Bassett Home Heating 425-398-1666 [hyperlink removed]

08/11/2015

lucy K.

Every thing went very smoothly. The installation was faster that I expected and the installers took away my old furnace and left my house in excellent condition.

Description of Work
installed new furnace, air conditioner and thermostat

Work Completed On 07/23/2015

01/22/2015

Robert R.

Smooth as silk. Installed on the promised date. We used this firm several years ago for installation of a gas fireplace insert.

Description of Work
Replaced old gas furnace with new high efficiency gas furnace

Work Completed On 10/28/2014