Allied Construction Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since February 2005

At Allied Construction, we are proud of our tradition, a tradition that spans decades. How did we get to this point? Simple. When Herald Fodge founded Allied Construction in 1982, his goal was to provide top quality roofing and home improvement services to the Seattle area using a personalized and honest approach. Customers soon began to notice the Allied Construction difference. Thanks largely to our customers' referrals and Herald's emphasis on customer service and quality, Allied Construction has become the best. Just ask the more than 6000 satisfied owners' of an Allied Construction Roof, Deck, Fence, or other home improvement project!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

roofing (36)skylight installation (1)woodworking (2)fence company (2)

11/12/2020

John H.

Excellent. Ben promptly replaced the Dektite flashing without any problems.

Description of Work
Replacement of plumbing vent boot

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

03/31/2020

Monica A.

Great. Took only 3 days. With new construction, and then a new roof. I was impressed. Hard workers. Great personalities. I expected the bid to be more than it was. Had 3 different bids. There's was the best price for what we needed done. Definitely will use them again.

Description of Work
Some construction for easier slope. And new roof.

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

06/08/2019

Al V.

I’ve used Allied many times so that tells you something!

Description of Work
Reroof rental duplex

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

02/22/2019

Bob B.

They did an excellent job. They were skilled and did a great work. Excellent company and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They remove the old roof and installed a new one in my house.

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

02/20/2019

David P.

The person who owns the company has a lot of experience and is able to size up things and get to the bottom of what needs to be done. He seems like a fair, honest guy.

Description of Work
They repaired my roof.

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

02/20/2019

Steve P.

I went better than I expected. They cleaned up my yard after they were done with the work.

Description of Work
They completely tore down and installed a new roof for me.

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

Michael G.

They did a great work, the bid was the lowest, so it was a great price, they have good communication about the work that needs to be done, very professional crew and they always arrives on time, the workers works really hard and cleans up after themselves, they did not damaged anything on the property, very respectful of our property, Ben and Harold was polite and respectful, I have nothing negative to say about them, its just a positive experience working with them.

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement on our old house

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

Buz M.

They did a great job. Very professional.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Bob O.

Fast. Clean. They did exactly what they said they would. When they found some issues they raised them with me before just going ahead with it. I was very satisfied with the finished product. They were very conscientious on how they did it. Very seasoned roofers.

Description of Work
They tore off all old shingles and put a new roof on my garage and house.

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

Pat E.

They did an awesome job even coming back to hook my gutter. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

Peter H.

They are very good. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Recoated Roof

Work Completed On 06/16/2018

Maureen H.

They did a good job. They had a small crew so it took a little longer than I anticipated but they got the job done and I haven't had any problems with the roof since.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

04/06/2018

Michael W.

The company came out quickly, gave estimate. When I chose them, they came out right away and covered the leaks until work could be done. Two Workers came out as scheduled, completed the work quickly and efficiently and did a great job. The did a great job with the clean up of the old roof.

Description of Work
Replace Roof due to Leak

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

04/05/2018

Ray B.

It went very well. They did a nice job.

Description of Work
They performed maintenance on our roof.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

04/05/2018

Jana F.

I loved them! They were the nicest people. They were reasonably priced compared to other companies. They cleaned up after themselves every day.

Description of Work
They put a metal roof on my house. I've used them multiple times.

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

02/05/2015

Harley P.

Herald, the owner, was very straight forward during his initial inspection / proposal. He didn't try & embellish and sell us more than we needed. He was very knowledgeable and honest. His #'s came in about 1/3 the price of a "cadillac" roof estimate that a larger company had convinced us we needed. His small family-run business was what we wanted with dedicated crew employees vs. the contract, non-english speaking crews that larger companies use (which was happening just across the street on a neighbor's house that had to fight for them to come back 3 times to fix the shoddy work done). Herald's crew was the same each day. They were professional, very likeable guys. We didn't feel hesitant about leaving them there alone,

Description of Work
Re-shingled entire roof including replacing all edge plywood, stabilized roof overhang (corrected bad initial construction), added bathroom fan vent caps, replaced skylight, installed additional soffit vents & insulation trays for all soffit vents, installed ridge vent.

Work Completed On 06/19/2014

01/09/2015

Mia F.

The price I listed includes removing both old layers of roofing and installing basic laminate shingles on a roof that is approximately 2200 square feet. Two story house. This company is great. This is the first contractor that has thoroughly impressed me. They are very professional. Their pricing is fair and not based on my zip code! They answered all our questions and didn't attempt to up-sell us to make more money. They actually saved us money by being honest about a product we had been told was really needed by another company but could have caused problems down-the-line. And they finished the job as professionally as they started it! We learned about them from a neighbor. Of the company's I dealt with, they were the only ones that didn't seem to raise their bid when they heard our zip code. I would recommend getting on their schedule really early. They are very popular and booked way out. We were ready to book them in the summer, but had to wait our turn until Winter. Because of my neighbors referral info, I trusted them to work on the roof anytime and still would. As far as the work done, they were very professional and thorough, even when it came to clean-up each day. It took them 3 days to do the work. We had two layers of roofing up there that both needed to be removed, which took a while. They never left a bare surface at the end of the day. There was always at least either our old roofing or the protective sub-layer of the new roof covering the wood by the end of the day. We had great weather so I can't say what they would do in the case of rain or snow.The crew was very self-sufficient and the owner checked in with them everyday. At the end they practically weeded my garden while cleaning up (not really, but they were incredibly careful to find fallen nails and debris.) They even cleaned out the gutters. And the best part, I never had to worry about anything. They were going to do a great job whether I was around or not. I've never had that experience with other contractors. It was great! This is an honest company with a lot of integrity that has really fair pricing. I feel very lucky to have found them and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed two layers of old roof. Inspected and fixed any sub-roof issues. Installed new roof. Added vents. Connected bath vents. Fixed flashing.

Cost $8,636.62

Work Completed On 01/09/2015

01/08/2015

Kevin R.

I contacted the company via email requesting a bid. They replied within 45 minutes and an appt was set up for the following day. They showed up on time and were both porofessional and knowledgeable during our discussions. The bid was completed lightning quick (promised in a day or two but delivered w/in a few hours) and was comparable to others I had recieved. Not the highest, not the lowest. After collecting several bids, I decided to complete the job myself as I am already over budget on the project. They were responsive, prompt and professional and I would not hesitate to have them complete work if I change my mind. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Bid on a roofing job on an outbuilding on my property

Work Completed On 01/07/2015

09/22/2014

Patricia C.

It was a wonderful experience. I have used him many times before.

Description of Work
They put on a portion of a new roof.

Work Completed On 08/13/2014

06/23/2014

Karyn T.

The process was very smooth and it was completely done in just a few days. They were fair and honest. I felt that I was in good hands. They let me know in the quote that the plywood on my roof wasn't good and they gave me the direct cost upfront, not to mention they cleaned up very well. There were nails all over the place and they cleaned up most of it. One of the workers damaged one of the floors in my garage but he fixed it right away. Overall, no surprises and everything went smooth.

Description of Work
They came out and changed the old shingles on my roof and they also changed the roof and the old plywood. They also put up an extension for my fence.

Category fencing, roofing

Work Completed On 06/30/2013

06/19/2014

Deepak K.

Herald, the sales rep was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions and gave me roofing options for Pabco Premier. He gave us a fair competitive price. We finally went with a different company coz we decided on CertainTeed and wanted a preferred roofer for that company and longer workmanship warranty options.

Description of Work
Estimate for new composition roof.

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

05/20/2014

Mary N.

They were top of the line. I couldn’t ask for better service from these people. I was in kind of a hurry with some time pressure because we were selling that house and they made room in their schedule to put down the roof on for me which I was very appreciative of. I believe the owner is completely honest. He gave us a really good price. They did excellent work, they got it all done in 6 hours. He had a 4-man crew plus his son who ran the crew and they got it all done. It’s just a great job and it looks wonderful. I would recommend him to anybody that I know who needed a roof.

Description of Work
Allied Construction came out to put a new roof on our house.

Work Completed On 05/13/2014