American West Roofing

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2010

14919 E Aurora Ln

Veradale, WA 99037

American West Roofing is a locally owned and managed company providing all kinds of roofing services in and around Spokane and the Inland Northwest. As the owner and one of the best Spokane roofers, Travis Chapman established the company in 1996 to provide specialized services in roof cleaning and

07/14/2017

Don T.

Travis came exactly when he said he would and did a very thorough and careful job. I recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Roof Cleaning

07/05/2017

Crystal A B.

Wonderful. My go-to guy for roof repairs. Have used him for years.

Description of Work
Weird roof leak

07/05/2017

Crystal A B.

He may not be the cheapest but he ALWAYS returns calls promptly (once he was on vacation yet called!) is dependable, punctual, does excellent work, guarantees his work, And remembers me as a client. A keeper! Price I've quoted is general memory of 2 jobs. Date is a guess.

Description of Work
This is actually an update from my review in 2014. Travis has been out 3 times since we purchased the house in 2012. Skylight leak, roof leak, and cleaning growth off cement tile roof and sealing.

Category roofing, skylights, roof cleaning

05/17/2017

Sally R.

It went perfectly and looked great!

Description of Work
The roof needed cleaning and certification prior to selling.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

09/29/2016

Greg H.

Professional well done job. Roof and gutters look great. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Removed moss from roof and cleaned gutters

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

04/27/2016

Jim T.

Travis Chapman the owner of the company came out to inspect roof leak that my husband had found while in the attic. My husband had already investigated and determined where he thought the leak was coming from. Travis did not go in the attic to see where the leak showed up. He went on the roof and made some repairs to the flashing in the cricket and presented us with a bill of $516.33. The next week it rained and the leak was still active. We called Travis and he came out a second time and went on the roof to make some additional repairs. He left without talking to my husband about what he did. The next time it rained the leak was not active but my husband wanted a second opinion. We asked a general contractor who was at our home working on a remodel project to take a look because he had a background in roofing. When he and my husband got up on the roof they found that Travis had removed some of the shingles from the roof altering it's integrity. He did not reseal the shingles where he had removed some of them therefore leaving them vulnerable for water to get underneath. Needless to say we were not happy. In order to put the roof back the way it was would be very expensive plus the general contractor says he did not repair the roof the way it should be repaired. These repairs will be made by the general contractor at an additional $500. The general contractor felt that Travis sent got lazy and did a "quick fix" that will not solve the problem long term. My husband called Travis to ask him why he did what he did and his response was more or less that he is the roofing professional and the we wanted him to fix the roof so he did. He said the roof was installed improperly originally but that simply is not true. What he did altered the integrity of the roof and now we are left to clean up the mess.

Description of Work
Roof Repair for leak

10/31/2015

Stacey P.

During a heavy rain, we had a steady drip of water coming through the corner of the decorative ceiling drywall. I was very worried that this would end up being an expensive repair. A friend gave me a glowing recommendation for Travis so I gave him a call. I usually get a few quotes but I was so impressed by his efficiency and the quote seemed so reasonable that I didn't bother calling anyone else. He showed up on time, fixed the problem in short order and stuck to the quote. That was nearly 9 months ago, we have had several heavy rains since then and the leak has not come back. He gave me a 2 year guarantee and sent a lovely thank you card with his own artwork!

Description of Work
Repaired roof around chimney

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

10/14/2015

Christine M.

Travis was great. He was prompt and courteous but most importantly, he fixed the skylight. The price was reasonable and he guarantees his work. We were very impressed. We will definitely call him again if we need roof/skylight repair.

Description of Work
We had a leaky skylight which needed repair. We called Travis based on recommendations from Angie's List.

Category roofing, skylights

05/01/2015

Pam S.

I felt the price was right for the job needing to be done. Travis was on time for the quote and on time for the actual work. That is huge for me. I will use him for the preventative follow-up in the future.

Description of Work
He cleaned the moss off my house and garage roofs then applied a treatment to help prevent the moss from returning. I have steep pitches and there was a lot of moss but Travis did a great job. He cleaned up the debris very well too.

04/26/2015

Sue H.

Travis did a thorough job on the roof and clean up.

Description of Work
Removed moss and leaf build up for roof

07/19/2014

Denise R.

Provided the address to the house, along with a verbal outline of what needed to be done. Travis provided quote of $275 and we accepted that and he was to do the work on Friday, 7/18. Called on Thursday, 7/17, and said that he could not be there until Saturday. That still worked with our deadline as pressure washing of house was scheduled to start on Monday, 7/21. Received a call at 1p on Saturday, 7/19, saying that he'd quoted the wrong house, and the price would be $500. Also said he didn't bring the right ladders and equipment. While I understand that errors happen, there was no consideration given at all to negotiate that price due to the inconvenience his error caused. Frustrated with the ripple effect that this has on our schedule and time wasted, as we try to ready the house for market.

Description of Work
I'd initially submitted an online lead form on 7/13 and didn't hear back. I called on Tuesday, 7/15 and arranged with provider to quote roof and gutter cleaning on our rental property (house/garage) in Spokane (we are in Seattle). Provided address, with clear outline of what needed to be done. Because we had other items that needed to be done on the house (window cleaning, landscaping, pressure washing house), we had an order in which we needed these things accomplished, along with deadlines.

I talked to [member name removed] on the phone and gave her a bid to clean the roof of her rental house. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and bid the wrong house. When I got there to do the job I realized the correct address was a very steep pitch. It was going to be much more difficult and dangerous than I was expecting. The pitch was unwalkable and required a different method to do the work safely. I called [member name removed] and apologized for my mistake. I told her that could do the job but, I was going to have to raise my price from my original minimum charge, to a price of $500. That is below the market price for the work to be done. I wanted to do the work for the original price I quoted, but I have to put a price on my life and limb. [member name removed] refused to have me do the work at the new price . I understand selling a home can be stressful. I wish her all the best.

06/05/2014

Dorothy H.

Fixed what he thought could be the problem - primarily dirt and debris buildup where the roof was improperly applied. All is well now!

Description of Work
Check roof for leak and fixed it. Because the leak was so slow and no recent rain, he couldn't be positive that it was even leaking but my ceiling said there was definitely a leak.

06/04/2014

Kelli J.

As a realtor, I have used Travis multiple times for clients as well as my own home. He is professional, prompt and provides a great service!

Description of Work
Travis is the best. He will certify a roof at a minimal charge if you are thinking about selling a home. He does great repair at a reasonable price.

05/29/2014

Gerald S.

Responded promptly; estimate was reasonable and accurate; work was done as scheduled and was done well. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repaired leaky roof

05/27/2014

Beverly M.

Very nice, work went well, fast job and completely professional, answered all questions promptly and did a great job. Would not hesitate to use again.

Description of Work
Patched roof over garage

05/05/2014

John L.

They were here quick, got this thing handled, and did a good job; it worked out real well. Their price was the same as the other companies that I checked with; it was fine. There was no problem with the responsiveness either. They were good all the way around; I was pleased with the whole thing. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I used American West Roofing to remove moss off my roof.

04/21/2014

George S.

He used a pressure washer and did a good job

Description of Work
He removed moss from our roof.

04/16/2014

PAUL K.

I had a porch put on at the back of the house and it kept leaking and he managed to squeeze me in before everything started freezing, and he did a really good job. I asked for bids from 2 people. The other one could not do it, but his reviews were good, and his price was reasonable. He cleaned up well. He sent me a Thank You note for the work that he did. It was a small card, about 4 x 5 and on the front of the card was a little hand-painted landscape painting, and about 4 months ago, there was an article about him on the paper here that says he is a roofer and he also paints.

Description of Work
American West Roofing repaired the roof on the porch a year ago. Travis Chapman is the contact name.

Category decks, roofing

03/03/2014

Crystal A B.

Travis has done work for me twice since my last review a year ago when he repaired a leaky bathroom skylight. The 1st this time was a sudden leak in my 3rd floor masterbedroom at a wall. Found build up of organic material had encouraged water to slip under the tiles and pool in a area created by now not-to-standard tile support (too long which allowed water to not flow off well and too few. Cleaned off area, new paper, recut tile support to be current standard installation. 2nd time was sudden condensation in a bathroom skylight 'can'. Found seals, tiles, flashing solid, believed it was condensation upon wood caused by difference of inside temp (70) and then outside (-10). Problems always seem to 'appear' on weekends. Travis calls promptly and for the skylight needed to work around my schedule. Dependable. Professional. Gives 'heads' up' on items that could use attending at a future date (degunking 30 years build up on part of roof) but does not look to do unnecessary work. Explains situations well. I've used him 3 times now. Hope not to need him but he's in my cell phone for if I do.

Description of Work
Visit 1-Located 'mysterious' leak on concrete tile roof. Visit 2-Re-examined prior repair of skylight for possible leak.

Category roofing, skylights

12/27/2013

Carolyn P.

We had a leak between the skylight and chimney. Travis was the only person who responded immediately after calling 4 other companies. He was able to redo the flashing in a very difficult space...about 3" and it hasn't leaked since. He was very professional, responded quickly and the cost was quite reasonable. We had 1 phone estimate well over $1000.00. I will definitely refer this company and will call them again if we need to in the future.

12/06/2013

Maren G.

I contacted Travis and he immediately got back to me. We met and he drew up his estimate. We discussed our options and felt very comfortable that Travis was there to help us make the best decision. Travis repaired our roof (as agreed upon) and we no longer have a leak. We will definitely call him when we need the whole roof re-roofed.

Description of Work
We had a leak from our roof and needed it repaired so it would not damage the garage.

11/21/2013

Kelly M.

Travis not only was very responsive and professional, he also provided a date to start and keep us informed. The quote he provided was the same as the actual/final invoice. Clean-up areas was excellent. If we have any further issues, he will come repair. I highly recommend using American West Roofing.

Description of Work
Cleaned moss, repaired many areas where leaks had formed, put in new roof cap, put in new water drain area, etc....

Category roofing, roof cleaning

10/21/2013

Lynn D.

Went great., looks great and will use Travis again

Description of Work
Took out a metal chimney and repaired roof where chimney once was

09/28/2013

Lance C.

I am in Seattle and my mom is at Deer Lake. We have two adjacent houses at Deer Lake. I called from Seattle and made the appointment without ever meeting Travis. He was prompt in giving me a quote and after I accepted the quote was prompt in scheduling the appointment. My mom was there when the roofs were cleaned and treated. She said he was very polite and very efficient. We were both happy with the work performed and would hire him again. We recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned the moss and debris off roofs of two houses and applied and moss treatment to both roofs.

08/12/2013

Donald B.

I called American West Roofing last week and left a message that we needed some roof repairs. Because he was in the neighborhood, within an hour Travis Chapman had come by and we agreed that he would return today. He came promptly, repaired the shingles and reattached the heating wires. He also inspected the whole roof and found no other problems. He was prompt, professional, and knowledgeable. His price was very reasonable and I would definitely recommend him for any needed roof repairs.

Description of Work
Repaired some shingles that had detached and reinstalled electrical heating wire on eaves.