Superior Exterior Systems

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2011

10711 NE 112th Place

Vancouver, WA 98662

Local licensed contractor with over 22 years of practical experience specializing in all forms of siding, decks, windows & roofing. We are one of the few local PREFERRED Hardie Plank approved contractor. Visit our website - you'll be glad you did....

09/05/2020

Charles C.

Our house was a two-story, 70's-built box with dented and peeling aluminium siding, single pane aluminum windows, original doors, original paint, and a deck that had been added by a previous owner that was not tied into structure. We were worred about water infiltration as well as rising electrical costs, so we decided to refinance and pull cash to consolidate debt and get the exterior of the house in shape. We had three companies bid on the project to: * Replace Siding with Hardie product * Replace all windows * Replace an upper floor sliding doors * Replace two patio sliding doors with french doors * Replace the front door * Replace the garage man door * Paint exterior siding and trim * Replace the deck Chad Peterson's bid, as owner of Superior Exterior Systems, was accepted based on first impressions, professional knowledge, statements by references, the detailed estimate, and cost. While we dreaded what the demolition might reveal, everything went smoothly and the issues that were uncovered were quickly and professional resolved. Mark, who ran the siding/window/door crew, kept us informed, answered our many questions, and did an outstanding job on the installation. There were delays due to supplier issues related to Covid-19 that were driving everyone crazy, but Chad worked with them to get our project completed as quickly as possible. The paint crew was quick and thorough. The result is great. The 12'x12' deck Chad and Tyson built for us will likely double as a shelter during a nuclear attack. Given the amount of work that was done, the price was reasonable. Michelle, Chad's wife and business partner, kept us informed all along the way. Chad and his crews were very professional and responsive to our needs. We highly recommend Superior Exterior Systems.

Description of Work
Siding, Windows, Doors, Paint, Deck replacement

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, house painters, doors

01/10/2018

Susan L.

I love this company! Bill and his crew (Marks crew) performed far beyond my expectations and made the experience stress free. Bill is always available by phone and performed many quality checks during the project. Fair price, and quality work plus extras. I couldn't ask for a better siding experience.

Description of Work
Complete exterior remodel with hardiplank. Wood rot removal. One window replaced. 2 gates replaced.

01/09/2018

Beth M.

We had Hardy Plank installed on our house and some repair siding done. They were professional through the whole process and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

08/07/2017

Kara L.

After interviewing and getting quotes from four very highly rated exterior siding companies (three of which were Hardie Elite Preferred), we chose to go with Superior Exterior and could not be more pleased with our decision. Chad, the owner, was amazing from the first meeting. He is very knowledgable, patient (I had a million questions), and very honest. Everything we wanted and expected was outlined in our contract, and there were absolutely no surprises at all during the process. Chad's wife, Michelle, is the nicest, most pleasant person, and made scheduling super easy. Matt was the one who did the actual labor, and to state it simply, he and his crew are amazing. They completely transformed our home into something better than we even imagined. Their attention to detail, remarkable work ethic, and obvious skill made this whole process run so smoothly. We are just thrilled with the results of Superior's work. I didn't choose Superior just because of their excellent bid -- I went with my gut after meeting Chad. I could tell he was honest and wouldn't nickel and dime us, and I was right. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We completely re-sided our nearly 4,000sf home, added some rock detail in the front, and had our deck replaced.

07/28/2017

Heather H.

We did not go with this company only because the quote was more than my senior parents could afford. However, I was completely impressed with this company. From the initial phone call with an amazingly helpful staff member to the onsite visit with Ian to look the roof over as well as some needed repairs. Very professional and quick with responses. I really appreciated their time! You would do well to consider Superior Exterior Systems for your next roof replacement!

Description of Work
Replacing an entire roof and some repairs.

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We would have loved to have been able to partner with you and your parents. We're sorry we were unable to, but thank you so very much for sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate it!

10/22/2016

Marilyn Y.

Superior Exterior Systems did excellent work on siding our home with HardiePlank. One of the reasons why we chose them is that they are an elite preferred contractor for HardiePlank siding. We were impressed in our first meeting with Bill, the owner. He went into great detail on the installation of the siding. He was quite passionate of his company and of his crew. He offered extra perks that other companies did not, like using mold spray prior to installing the HardiePlank. He even took my husband and myself to another house that they had previously sided. He responded to all of my phone calls, emails and texts quickly and with efficiency. He had even responded to one of my emails at 4 in the morning! We really appreciated that he made several inspections of the work by leaving his calling card letting us know he was there. We had several gable areas that required extra plywood that would have cost over $1400, but he did not charge us! Colby, his foreman, was very knowledgeable and was very patient with me in answering all my questions. He even showed me pictures of the work in process with his phone. The crew was very respectful. They did an outstanding job on the siding and did exceptional on cleaning up. Our house looks great as we are waiting some good days for it to be painted. He is even upgrading our paint due to the wet weather. I would recommend them if you want great service and excellent craftsmanship. Thank you Superior Exterior Systems.

Description of Work
We needed a full siding installation on our house.

09/05/2016

Kenleigh S.

Superior Exterior Systems did a fabulous job on replacing the siding on my house. As a novice when it comes to construction, it was refreshing to work with Bill and his crew. From the start, Bill’s patience in educating me on the process put me at ease. At no time during our initial meeting did I feel pressured, Bill was personable and open to taking the time to explain and answer my questions. When the crew started (a week earlier than expected), a strong work ethic was demonstrated. In every interaction with the crew, they were polite, courteous, and respectful. Their willingness to go above and beyond was proven when during the project; the crew learned that the original builder had not put plywood over my gables, leading to them installing plywood at no extra cost. From start to finish, working with Superior Exterior Systems was a marvelous experience. For someone with little knowledge of construction, working with Bill and the crew was a positive experience. Without reservation, I highly recommend Superior Exterior Systems for your siding projects.

Description of Work
Superior Exterior Systems replaced my siding.

07/19/2016

Kara U.

The initial consultation was very informative. We were shown samples, and given detailed information about how SES would work on our home. We had 3 companies give us bids and decided that Superior Exterior Systems was the company for us. There were usually 2 people here working on our project which took 3.5 weeks, as they didn't work everyday on our house. The crew was conscientious about cleaning up, especially on Friday afternoons so we could enjoy our yard. The crew was also very polite and accommodating. SES did all the work as promised, and the outcome was what we were hoping for.

Description of Work
Re-sided house on three sides, and installed new sliding glass door.

07/18/2016

Chad M.

We hired Superior to re-side our house at a time when we had several other major projects going on around our property. Chad, John and the whole team are without doubt the best contractors we've ever hired. Their professionalism and HIGH SKILL level stand alone as excellent, but compared to the other teams we had out on other projects, they put everyone to shame. FIRST: I'm putting this at the top because I know it sometimes matters the most: they are SO inexpensive! They were by far the best bid we received for the EXACT same materials, skill, certifications, etc. We wanted a company with the special Hardie designation, and they have it. SHOP AROUND! You'll see... SECOND: We were home and watched the siding job most of the way through. It was refreshing to actually see guys working like they WANT a job (some of you know exactly what I mean). They hustled, they ran, the subordinates took orders, the bosses were professional. They will put on extra touches and go the extra mile to make your house look beautiful, not just "get finished". The actual quality of work was outstanding. THIRD: Their standard protocol of respect and courtesy for the homeowner are what sets them apart the furthest. After having filthy workers from other companies trudge into my house to use my bathroom - or worse, just "go" out in my bushes!! - we were SO impressed that Superior scheduled a port-a-potty to arrive before their workers even got here. They guys NEVER asked me for anything, and every time we interacted, it was respectful, polite, so great! Additionally, they cleaned up each night of the job! We weren't expecting that. They scooped up the trash, swept any mess areas, etc nightly before they headed home. Obviously, it's still a construction site, but Superior left my property cleaned up and usable each night. Other companies we had on other projects left water bottles, paint tape, concrete chips, you name it. OVERALL: I could not recommend them more highly. My neighbors have all been over talking about how amazing my house looks and several came to pick up fliers on Superior. They ARE the best game in town for siding!

Description of Work
Re-siding entire home with Hardie

07/01/2016

Shelley T.

Description of Work
Bill was great with his explanation of service and the crew he sent was polite knowledgeable and fun to have around. They paid good attention to details. Very happy with the final result.

06/08/2016

Robert C.

The crew arrived as scheduled, completed the project on time in a most efficient manner. They were organized, hard working and exceedingly polite. Materials and workmanship were excellent. They cleaned up all debris and even raked the flower beds and swept the patio. Superior is the right name for this company!

Description of Work
All siding removed on the South side of our 2-story home. Due to rain damage, the moisture had penetrated some of the sheathing. 5 windows had to be removed and re-installed. Siding was replaced, together with a new rain barrier and sheathing.

01/13/2016

Kathryn W.

The owner of the company came to our home to explain what he could do for us. He came prepared and with material that gave us choices. He went into great detail so we understood what we were paying for. He gave us opportunities to ask questions and he answered them thoroughly. When he left we understood exactly what they were going to do. We had never had to replace siding before this house, so we had little knowledge on this process. He also explained that he would be coming by to do quality control inspections weekly. He personally came by as promised each week and checked on the job. The owner was always available by phone should a problem come up. We had no need to call him as he had a foreman that was quite capable.The price was reasonable and fair as we had bids to compare them to. The job went smoothly and started earlier than expected. I was impressed as to how respectful the guys working were. They even parked their cars on the street so they would not be in my way. They weather was quite rainy at times but they worked even with the rain. I think the only thing that slowed things down was a couple of icy days, which was totally understandable. The guys cleaned up the mess and talked with us at the completion of the job. Later we noticed a vent that did not get cut out , probably because it got dark before they left. We called and he came right out and did the work with an apology. I would definitely recommend this company to my family or friends. They are honest and dependable. I found the owner and his crew to be great to work with.

Description of Work
Replaced our siding on our home in Vancouver, WA.

Category siding

It was a pleasure working with [Member Name Removed] & {Member Name Removed]. We will always work hard to get great reviews and be available for communication. The weather was indeed pretty rough but customer satisfaction and these kind of reviews is what we work for. Thanks again for you business and trust.

06/09/2015

Laurie A.

They quality of work for the siding was excellent. There were a few things that we wish didn't happen, but not a big deal. One was that our security sign was broking during the project. Accidents happen, I understand that, but what I didn't like was that I had to ask what happened to our sign. He said, "Oh, it shattered when I was tearing things off. Do you need it? It's in the trash....I can get it out." Really?? I was able to get it replaced at no cost but went without one for a couple weeks. I just would have appreciated being told right after it happened instead of needing to ask. We've found (and are still finding) nails along our property. Luckily no one has stepped on them. Also one of our plants was munched up. It all worked out but just want to be honest about what happened during the project. I would still recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace siding with Hardie Plank.

05/05/2015

lisa M.

We would like to HIGHLY recommend Superior Exterior Systems. They did an excellent job installing Hardy Plank siding on our home! Bill is very thorough, conscientious, and more than fair in his pricing. The crew was very task oriented and have very high standards. They kept us involved throughout the project and they were straight forward with unexpected changes that occurred. In addition, they always left the work site clean at the end of the day. Ultimately, this is a company that takes pride in their work and they strive to produce the best possible job. We look forward to working with them again for future exterior jobs!

Description of Work
Installed Hardy plank siding.

Category siding

Thank you for your kind words. We always try to keep the job sites as clean as possible and work hard for these types of reviews.

01/21/2015

Jessica M.

Bill came out to do an inspection on the siding of a home I was selling. He was very honest with us about the condition of the siding and the needed vs. optional repairs. I found him to be very personable and honest instead of a salesman type like many other siding companies I have worked with. I would recommend Superior Exterior Systems to other real estate professionals, family members and friends.

Description of Work
Inspected siding condition

Category siding

I am happy I could help (member name removed) so she could sell her home. Although she has Lp siding there was no need to have it replaced at this point to sell the home. Many salesman will sell what is good for them with no real concern for the homeowners. It is always better to be honest in the evaluation as this is how a company grows best.

11/05/2014

Carol W.

It is hard to express how impressed we are with the work that Bill and the crew from SUPERIOR EXTERIOR SYSTEMS did on our house. The 40 year old cedar shake siding was weather damaged on the south side of the house and needed to be replaced. Since the siding was so old, Bill had to research and try to match the thickness and the pattern of the new shakes to the old ones. This was no easy job and the shakes had to be special ordered. When the shakes arrived, the crew went to work tearing off the old shakes on our three story house and making their inspection so that they were sure there was no damage from water or insects. They found no damage but they treated it and put new underlayment (I think it is called) on and then the new shakes. The crew was so impressive! Very professional and boy did they know what they were doing!! We would recommend SUPERIOR EXTERIOR SYSTEMS to anyone who wants new siding - no matter what kind - on their house. I will add that we had five different siding companies come out to look at this project and four of them scratched their heads and didn't know quite how they would handle this job. One of them even said, "this is above my pay grade." Thank goodness we finally found SUPERIOR EXTERIOR SIDING!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Removed the damaged 40 year old cedar siding from the south side of the house, inspected for dry rot, bugs, etc. and then replaced with new cedar siding.

Category roofing, siding, pavers, gravel

09/24/2014

Kimberly S.

This company was beyond great. II had 8 different companies out to give me a siding quote one asked me how to install the siding, one sent the owner of the company (he told me he had more money than I did) one was so far over priced and the others were just rude and pushy. When I met with this company the sales man was very nice respectful and not at all pushy. He explained the whole process with me and answered all my questions without hesitation. The crew that did my siding arrived every morning on time and ready to work. This group of young men were very pleasant to have around. I felt so comfortable with them that I left my house unlocked when I went to work. I highly recommend this company, they had fair pricing, professional employees and great communication. The owner of the company even stopped by a few times during the construction to ensure I was satisfied.

Description of Work
Color Plus Hardy Plank

04/01/2014

Elaine M.

Initial contact: I had three quotes, Jason was by far the most professional and detailed in his explanation of the process. During the installation the crew was positive, very responsive and polite. I missed them when they were gone! Bill is a delight to work with. He and his team go above and beyond. I will definately have them do my siding when the time comes. Thanks so much guys!

Description of Work
Complete roof installation

Category roofing, siding

It was nice to do a 1 story roof that was on a flat property for a change. Seems like lately more of our projects are 2 story and complicated 3 story jobs. [removed member name]was great to work with and real easy to talk with. We always prefer doing a full tear off so the new roof lays better. Thanks again for your business and your referrals.

03/02/2014

Mike O.

Crew was professional in handling all the challenges of the job. Finished product looks great! We were kept informed as work progressed. Workers' attitudes were positive though this job was done during very cold weather. Carpenters cleaned up all materials and scraps from the job site each day and were careful with landscaping. Four skylights and a door were replaced in addition to the siding job with no additional labor cost. Replaced a wall containing dry-rot with new sheathing. Quality was good because they use the same contractors for many jobs. Overall, job well done!

Description of Work
Tear-off of 20 yr old LP siding and install new Hardiplank Color-Plus siding

Category siding

We always appreciate our customers business and trust in fixing their Lp problem and finally getting it out of thier way. This Lp siding was about 20 years old so the rot under the 2 story south wall was pretty bad on the entire wall. Thanks again for your business and we are glad we could help. Enjoy the skylights.

11/02/2013

Jeffrey L.

Worked with Bill he was prompt for completing the estimate. The estimate came in about where I had hoped. Great price! They started the job in about a week after signing the contract with them. The job was completed in about 4 days. No issues during the job and after the job was completed they cleaned up very nicely. I did like the fact that they were willing to work with whatever type of siding that I chose (many companies are limited to product type and or brand they use). Bill offered very good advice to help guide me in my siding choice which turned out to be the proper choice for my needs. I am very pleased with the way the new siding looks and will use them again in the future if siding every needed again.

Description of Work
New Siding on our Rental home.

Category siding

This is a rental and investment property for [Member name removed] that is for sale. We are glad we could get the price where he needed it so he could get his home sold and not lose money since it had old Lp siding that was rotting very consistently around the bottom of most of the house. I was also able to give [Member name removed] a completely interest free loan which he will be able to pay in escrow when it sells.

10/20/2013

Beth A.

This company broke landscaping art, plant sprinklers, tore screens and a window frames, put nails directly from the outside through our dry wall, did not put gutters back in place, etc. However they did try to fix most items.

Description of Work
Siding

Category siding

We are glad she gave us an A grade on our pricing as this says a lot about our company. We are surprised at the other grades as most of this didn't come up during the work. In hind site, we wish things would have gone smoother. There are a few CRITICAL facts that the customer didn't mention - she did not know that the builder used cheap styrofoam as her subwall INSTEAD of real plywood. This doesn't meet building code and never will so she had to pay for all new plywood which certainly came as a shock to her and to us. Imagine if you were told your 15 year old home that you were living in for years had NO plywood under your horizontal Hardie Plank siding? Anybody would be upset and we understand her feelings. The builder built the entire sub division like this. We had to do the right thing and tell her on the VERY FIRST DAY so they were not pleased understandably so. We could have walked away but chose to the honorable thing instead. This cheap styrofoam that did not meet building code created an entire separate problem in itself. No nails can go thru 6 inch walls on a 2 story home so they must be referring to 4 or 5 interior sheetrock screws which popped thru the drywall texture and we repaired it. We also repaired the other small items and again are glad we got an A on pricing as she felt this was VERY fair for the extra plywood and work needed. As any quality company should, we have learned from this and will use the experience to better serve our future customers. We have already picked up 4 other homes in the area as they have seen our workmanship and fair pricing.

03/17/2013

Cheryl F.

We had three companies quote us a price. Superior Exterior was by far the most economical and Mr. Vidovich really knew his product and how to schedule the work. He worked with us on price and some add-ons (gutters and soffets) that we wanted. We signed the contract and the company worked with us so well, telling us exactly what work would be done on which days. The workers always showed up on time and were all professionals. They even gave us a few days off when our son was here from out of town so there wouldn't be hammering at that time. The project was completed on time and beautifully done. We are so pleased, two years later. I would use Superior Exterior Systems again in a heartbeat and recommend it highly to anyone considering siding.

Description of Work
We had exterior siding put on along with new gutters. Added a new deck to the back of the house.

Category siding

It was a pleasure working with [Member name removed] and replacing their siding and installing a new deck.

02/16/2013

emily D.

The salesman came out and gave his presentation. He told us what they were going to do with are house. Very thorough details on what they would do with are siding. The siding crew came out to our house and did a remarkably well installation job. The new siding on our house looks great. I highly recommend Superior Exterior Systems.

Description of Work
Their siding crew came out and installed new vinyl siding on my home. It's really hard to impress my husband but Superior Exterior Systems did. The crew was very thorough and handle all the little details remarkably well. Clean up was great it was done very day.

Category siding

great folks to work with.

11/20/2012

Steve U.

They really did an excellent, professional job from start to finish. I originally spoke with the owner who was extremely friendly and who familiarized me with the business. He sent out a person to do an estimate, which they did promptly, and addressed all of our concerns regarding little extras that we needed done (like the fascia board mentioned above). They also explained every detail of the job no matter how small. Once we decided to have the work done they got right on it. The guys they sent out worked their butts off, cleaned up every scrap of debris and did a beautiful job. What I was most impressed with was the attention to detail. They fixed little things that they found along the way that they didn't have to. I have to say they really went above and beyond to make sure it was done right. Even after the job was done they came back to take care of a few details that needed to wait until after the painting was done. Our old siding was in such bad shape that water was actually starting to leak into the house through it. Now it's like the place is armor coated, no more water issues, the exterior looks brand new, and we are just extremely pleased with every aspect of the job they did. Additionally, the warranty on all of the work and material is extremely generous and made me feel secure in knowing that these guys were committed to doing it right.

Description of Work
We had Superior Exterior reside our house with Hardie Plank. They had to remove and dispose of our (ancient) siding and install new siding. They also touched up some details that were poorly done by a previous contractor, such as the fascia boards just below the roof.

Category siding

this is a really nice home and we always try to be attentive to the details of the properties we work with.

05/21/2011

Ray N.

Bill Vidovic was prompt in returning our phone call for an estimate, knowing that it was merely an estimate to help us in determining whether to move forward with the purchase of a home. Bill's very nice and competent crew did a good job of showing us problem areas, giving those areas special attention or repair and then siding over. Clean up was good and the job appears excellent so far. Quality control was done by Bill or his son at several points in the process. Bill referred us to a painting contractor also. We feel comfortable in recommending Superior Exterior Systems, owner Bill Vidovic.

Description of Work
We needed an estimate to replace LP siding that was failing on a home we hoped to purchase. Based on the estimate and Bill's promptness in providing the estimate, we hired Superior Exterior Systems to remove the LP siding and house wrap and replace it with cement board siding. They also replaced window trim that was showing its age and repaired an area of dry rot.

Category roofing, siding

It was a pleasure working with you both. I'm glad the rot situation under the Lp and especially the south side chimney is out of your life forever. Thanks again for your business and trust.