L & L Design & Remodeling Inc.

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2010

3.3

2806 NE 65th Ave A

Vancouver, WA 98661

General contractor specializing in home improvement such as weatherization, remodeling and the installation of home improvement products that are green friendly that increase market vaue and energy effiency. Our energy efficient products that we install are windows, roofs, solar vents, attic, wall,

11/13/2012

Jane G.

Bob came out and inspected my attic and gave me a whole list of what I needed to have done. The total cost would be $5000, he said. I said I couldn't afford that, and he slowly came down to $3300. I decided not to go with them after checking on Angie's List, and I was very leery about spending that much money.

Description of Work
They called me and offered a free inspection.

06/12/2012

Karla H.

L & L Design called my parents and were invited to come provide them with an estimate to insulate a 1560 sq. foot ranch style home. The man that came out would not discuss the job in front of myself or my brother. Stated he would come back when there "weren't so many people listening to their business". I told my elderly parents when he left that if they need insulation we would get them some bids. The following month I saw the cleared check for $8815.00. We were unaware that the work had been done. Our parents didn't mention it, and although I was at their home 3 days a week, I did not catch it. The initial job did not pass Energy Trust inspection with 11 violations. Another crew was sent out in August and completed the job to Energy Trust satisfaction. According to Energy Trust, on August 31, 2011, L & L Design and Remodeling was removed as an ally because of multiple complaints. I felt they charged my parents a horrific amount of money and proceeded to get bids from other insulation contractors based on specs provided by L & L. Home Depot gave us a price of $6088.00 which was the next highest. 3 other insulation contractors gave me prices ranging from $3163.00 to $4220.00. These were online estimates based on L & L Design's specs and experience from similar past projects. Mr. Lape, owner of L & L called these estimates a joke since they did not go to the job site. I asked Westside Drywall if they would go to the job site to give us an estimate based on the exact work done by L & L Design under the same job conditions. The estimate was $3625.00. These contractors are Energy Trust Allies. We did take L & L Design to small claims court on behalf of my parents but lost. The Commissioner stated that I could not prove that L & L had intentionally set out to take advantage of my parents and since my father had signed the contract knowing the amount, and that the job had eventually been completed to Energy Trust's satisfaction I just had to chalk it up to them hiring an extremely expensive contractor. L & L claims they only made $168.00 on this job. Since we lost in court, the Construction Contractors Board cannot help us. I sent the court findings to the contractors that provided us with the other estimates and they were appalled. Home Depot would like to see that pricing list he provided to the Commissioner since he claims it was their pricing. I'm left to wonder why he didn't provided his company's pricing.? Mr. Lape wanted to know why we weren't paying closer attention to what our parents were doing. He has no idea what we have been dealing with this past year since my Mother's stroke and my Father's increasing loss of memory.Since this incident, I have been designated as Durable Power of Attorney for my parents and hopefully can protect them from companies like this in the future.

Description of Work
Insulated the floor 1560 sq. foot ranch style home. Blew in insulation in the attic for the same square footage. Blew in 360 sq. feet of wall insulation.

03/31/2012

Tracy G.

see above

Description of Work
L & L Design & Remodeling contacted me by phone asking to come do an estimate for vinyl windows. I accepted & they sent John out to take measurements & submit a price. I hired them to paint the exterior of the house & to purchase & install vinyl windows. They sent out the painter with his crew soon afterward. The painter pressure washed the house, but damaged the wood eaves in several places. The water pressure actually cut into the wood gorging out areas. They did not repair the damage, they just painted over it. It looks like painted over gouged out wood, very bad job, I think. The window installers took out the old windows & installed new ones. They had to re-order the large picture window because they sent out the wrong style.They absorbed the cost of that mistake, but wanted half the money for the job up front even though they had arranged for financing that was not suppose to be paid until the job was completed. The new window had to be ordered & made so that caused a delay. After I accepted their work & paid the final half they left. A couple months later, I decided to hang some curtains & discovered that most of the windows were not flush aginst the walls on the inside of the house. I had not noticed that before. John called to ask to use my house to show potential customers. When I told him of the above problems, he said he'd come out & check it out. He never showed up. So here I am with $18,000.00 for improperly installed windows & gourged out eaves.

Category replacement windows, house painters

03/26/2012

Ronald B.

L&L design is absolutely horrible! They were to insulate our home and garage to a depth of R-60. They did not insulate the garage at all and maybe insulated our home to a depth of barely R-40. They were also to do ventilation work for us in the attic and they did not complete it. We were able to get a small amount of money back but price was not near what we were quoted for the work.

Description of Work
We used L&L design for insulation work.

Category insulation

The homeowner went ahead and violated Oregon Notices of Procedures and had another contractor come out, with out first notifying us of our deficiencies that needed to be corrected. After that contractor charged them some unrealistic costs to do some sealing work and cam light coverings. Then the homeowner notified us of our deficiencies and wanted us to pay for the work another contractor did. We went ahead and sent out another crew to inspect and complete any deficiencies. After inspection the other contracting company missed vent connections and sealing. We finished the job and blew the house and garage up to R-60 level and they also received their cash incentive from Oregon Trust and we also paid the work that the other company did that fell within our scope of the contract based on our installing costs.

03/26/2012

Rita L.

They did a really good job. They were on time and cleaned up.

Description of Work
They put in some new insulation.

02/06/2012

Lee S.

They were very timely but we had some problems after the work was completed. They didn't screw in the plugs that they made while installing the insulation. We called them and they said that wasn't their problem and the painters should have taken care of that when they came along. After a week weeks, they finally did come out to fix the problem. I was disapointed in their initial response to the problem but they did make it right.

Description of Work
They made holes and blew in our insulation.

11/17/2011

Casey C.

The salesman shared information about how I could receive cash incentives and tax benefits as well as how to save money. The installers came on time and they were very friendly and professional. They kept me informed about the project and what was taking place. The work I received was priced very well for what I received. What was nice about the company was that I didn't have to put any money down until I was 100% satisfied with the work I received. They followed up with me after a year since my work had been installed to make sure everything was still up to parr. I was very impressed with their professionalism and service and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
An L & L Design & Remodeling representative came to my home and gave me an estimate for energy efficient products. I decided to update my roof, gutters and insulation.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing

08/26/2011

Craig C.

Slow to send someone out to measure door. When door arrived and was to be installed, found out wrong size ordered. Took over three weeks before notified new door was in, and scheduled installer for Wendsday. Installer never showed up. Tried calling company to complain and kept getting run around. Finally talked to President and cancelled job after 2 months waiting.

Description of Work
Company was to remove double French doors and replace with sliding patio door.

Category remodeling, doors

We apologize for any dissatisfaction you had with our company. We strive to put the customer first always by guaranteeing great customer service and quality workmanship. I understand that this was a custom order which can often be complicated and a time-consuming process. Often custom orders require 30% - 50% down to cover cost of materials and manufacturing. In our goal to provide great customer service we ordered the door with no charge or down payment. The measurements were incorrect and we made sure it was at no cost to the customer. The customer was never charged for the mistake. We made several attempts to contact the customer to rectify the order but unfortunately due to his schedule we were not able to connect and in goodwill released any contractual agreement with the customer. We always want to make sure our customers are happy and satisfied with our work and customer service.

03/30/2011

David N.

They were good people. The work went well overall. I don't have anything to complain about. They didn't do the follow up. I think that their price was alright. They didn?t charge much. The quality of work seemed to be fine. They cleaned up after the work. They were on time.

Description of Work
I used L & L Design & Remodeling Inc a month ago. They did some insulation work for me.

Category insulation

We are happy to hear that you had positive experience with L&L Designs. We strive to provide quality workmanship and customer service at an affordable price. Please let us know when you are ready for your next home improvement project.

03/04/2011

Barbara O.

We called to get an estimate for putting some insulation in our two attic areas. Greg came out. He gave us an estimate of $2600 and said that the workers would have to make a hole in the upstairs ceiling for the installers to go in to work above that room, put a door on that hole and repair the ceiling at that point. Then he said that we could decide how much insulation we wanted in the attic spaces. (?) He never looked into the second space at all. So, how did he decide on the price??? We were told that the installers would call and make an appointment to do the work. They did call. The man was pleasant. They said they would come between 1 and 2 PM. They arrived at 4PM without having called to tell us of the delay. Then they said that they wouldn't be making the hole in the ceiling because the area above the ceiling in that room was not large enough to get into. My husband asked about lowering the cost. The man said he'd take "a couple hundred dollars off". My husband pointed out that the cut in the ceiling etc. was at least a third of the job! So, the man asked my husband what he wanted to pay. My husband said "$1800". So, that was what we paid. They left here at about 6:45. Our mistake was not getting more bids. This company was recommended by Energy Trust AND Angie's List. We really have no idea if we got a good deal or not.

Description of Work
They blew insulation into two attic areas in our home

01/13/2011

James G.

Initial contact and sale by typical pitchman. Actual work performed by an independent contractor. Excellent.

Description of Work
Blow in attic insulation to R33. Install two new replacement windows.

Category insulation, replacement windows

11/24/2010

Bernadine W.

While I thought the cost was reasonable, I later decided against the project at this time but in the future I would certainly call this company. I found them to be honest, thorough, and professional. I enjoyed meeting with Glen who was informative, helpful and very personable.

Description of Work
Don called me one morning to offer a free estimate on their services. Since I had been thinking of adding insulation to my attic I accepted a visit from Glen that morning. I explained my goals and after examining my upstairs and the access to the attic he gave me a very honest description of the work that would be needed and what I would probably see in energy cost reductions.

Category remodeling

D & L Painting, Inc.

Welcome to D&L Painting Inc., we take care to provide our customers high quality services personalized for their unique needs. We take pride in the work that we do for our clients; we focus on attention to detail, quality craftsmanship, and providing outstanding customer service, our goal is always repeat business with our customers. We are located in Battle Ground, Washington serving all of Clark County.

Lesters Painting LLC

Residential & Commercial Exterior/Interior Painting We Accept Major Credit Cards Winter Specials Avail.

A.P.E. Painting Inc

A.P.E. begins by being loyal to our customers by performing the work exactly as we perform it on our own homes. We take the time to listen to our customers’ needs and wants. We further completely follow through with all of the work we have stipulated in the estimate. No cutting corners, no surface work. Most of the time we don’t even require a down payment or deposit. We get paid when you are fully satisfied with our work. Isn’t that the way it should be?

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about L & L Design & Remodeling Inc.

How is L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. overall rated?

L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. is currently rated 3.3 overall out of 5.

What days are L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. open?

L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. is open:

What payment options does L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. provide

L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Does L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by L & L Design & Remodeling Inc.?

Yes, L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offers warranties.

What services does L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offer?

L & L Design & Remodeling Inc. offers the following services: General contractor that does home improvement and remodeling with a focus on using latest top of line energy efficient products that will increase the aesthetic look of the house and maket value. Products and services we do are attic, wall, and floor installation, windows, doors, siding, roofing, floors, painting, roof coating and kitchen and bath remodeling.