Henderson & Daughter

Founded 1977 • With Angi since June 2005

When you call in for an appointment, we will send a professional window design consultant to your home for a free, no obligation, no pressure estimate. We have pictures, products, and brochures that we bring to each appointment so that you can visualize your improvements. Our goal is to provide you

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

window replacement (245)door installation (124)egress window (8)skylight installation (4)window treatment (5)siding companies (4)glass repair (4)insulation (1)garage doors (1)

10/16/2022

Roushdi G.

Our 71 year old house had all original single pane windows. We bought it 10 years ago and knew we would eventually need to replace all windows on main floor as well as daylight basement. The 8-10 degree temperature differential from downstairs to upstairs was costing us a lot of money in heating & cooling. We got 3 estimates and interviewed all contractors. We elected to use Henderson & Daughters based on their incredible reviews, the details estimator Ken provided and the fact that they did not want any prepayment until all work was completed, particularly that It took close to 6 months for all windows to be custom made. We are SO SO glad we used them. 25 windows + 1 glass door were replaced including some huge sized fixed windows that required 3 installers to set. The work was done in less than original quoted time even though one of the 2 installers was not too reliable and was a no show after the 1st day. Thanks to Josh K, the lead on this project, who is a genius & a master/expert at replacing these windows, frames & doors, the work was completed ahead of schedule & with incredible attention to details. As an architect, I am amazed as to Josh’s level of expertise and professionalism … at the end of each day everything was impeccably cleaned up (our cats hated the sound of his vacuum cleaner). We still don’t know how he managed to finish this large project all on his own - Thank you Josh, you are absolutely awesome.

Description of Work
25 windows + 1 door replaced

Category egress windows, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2022

Review for Henderson & Daughter - 11819 NE Hwy 99, Vancouver, WA - 39911166

10/12/2022

Bryan D.

We had all of our windows, an oversized patio door and an exterior mud door replaced. The project was very expensive but the result is amazing. We replaced the 1989 aluminum windows with grids and put in a Milgard windows with a black exterior. Josh Kaiser installed the product and we were very happy with his attention to detail and professionalism. I watched him install the windows and he answered all of my questions with patience. He unfortunately had to work by himself after his worker, Kris didn't show up for a few days. Josh didn't complain and just kept working hard. I am very happy with Henderson and Daughter and Josh Kaiser. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Full window and door replacement

Category egress windows, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2022

10/13/2021

JENNIFER R.

AMAZING!! Cindy Isbell made certain I received GREAT pricing and provided INCREDIBLE customer service! She made it stress free, easy and provided lots of helpful tips. I was able to start and complete the entire process within a few hours from the comfort of my home. This is the third time we have worked with Henderson and Daughter and each and every time we have been absolutely thrilled with how wonderfully they treat their clients. Thank you, Cindy!! I can't wait to order more from you shortly!

Description of Work
I needed Milgard windows ordered stat

Category egress windows

Cost $1,605.77

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

So glad things went well. We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write a kind review!

07/21/2021

Larry M.

This was the second install by Henderson & Daughters. The first job was excellent and professional. The most recent was the exact opposite. Sloppy work that will require a new screen, cleanup of sealant left on the mantel and window frame and, most likely, a reinstall of one the windows. In addition, glass shards were left on the bathroom floor because the installer broke one of the old windows and did a cursory job of cleaning up after. It is frustrating to wait 3 months and then be left with more inconvenience of having workers use our time for a job that could have easily been done right the first time. Wouldn’t it be nice if companies gave partial refunds for such inconveniences in addition to saying “ we will make it right for you!”

Description of Work
Install new bathroom window 2 casement windows

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], We are so sorry that we didn't get it right this time. Please know that we did not intentionally make these mistakes and we are working to fix the issues as soon as possible. Thank you, Thea

01/16/2021

Carolyn C.

Went fine. I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Patio Door

Category egress windows, siding

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Thank you so much. We really appreciate your business! Warmly, Henderson & Daughter

12/06/2020

John M.

I was very impressed with Mike Flood's no-pressure sales approach, especially his suggestion at repairing rather than replacing some of our cheaper, misbehaving, existing windows. Though we chose to go with another company based on their approach to the replacement process, we were very happy with Mike, the price, and their general reputation in town. I'd easily recommend them as worthy of soliciting a bid for any of my neighbors' projects.

Description of Work
Window replacements

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret not earning your business but wish you the best. Warmly, Henderson & Daughter

12/01/2020

Larry M.

Excellent company and outstanding service on all levels. Paul was a pleasure to work for choosing replacement windows and provided prompt and accurate estimate and was always available to answer question. The installation was professional and friendly and the crew left the work areas spotless. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your new windows! Thank you for your business. -The Henderson & Daughter team

11/18/2020

Michael K.

The process was handled very well. Mike Flood was easily contacted, kept his appointments with me and was most gracious in giving me "what if" alternate prices. The installers arrived as scheduled. Shane & Josh were very clean. I mean REALLY clean. I had covered furniture in plastic around the opening to be worked on but did not need to do it. They were open with good advice on the operation and maintenance of the new door system. They even threw in some practical advice on the other projects we are working on! I look forward to working with Henderson & Daughter on the next phase of door & window replacement!

Description of Work
Replace patio door

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We hope you continue to enjoy your new door and look forward to working with you in the future! - The Henderson & Daughter team

09/28/2020

Jo T.

We had Henderson & Daughters replace all the windows in our home, 28 plus one skylight! Sixteen of the windows were very long and heavy, others were in tight spots or on an upper floor. The windows look great and it has changed the entire look of our home. We had the old black metal framing and it really dated the home plus the windows were failing and the trim was cracking etc. Our new windows with their tan frames, clear glass and nice fresh trim are perfect. These were not the cheapest windows but they are worth every penny we paid for them. Our home looks more contemporary, the glass is clear, the sounds from outside are greatly diminished or hardly noticeable and the place feels warmer and cozier. A win-win everywhere. The install team was on time, kept us well informed of how things were progressing and worked the entire day through - we were exhausted watching them! They did an excellent job and cleaned everything up nicely. Very friendly and polite, I'd hire them again! The office team was also great, from our salesperson Julie to office manager Marli everyone worked to make this project come together and turn out wonderful. Thanks and kudos to all!

Description of Work
A New View

Category replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

What a kind review, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We are thrilled you're happy with the end result. We so appreciate your business! Thank you, Henderson & Daughter

09/11/2020

Ted (Theodore M.

All were done on time and excellent installation! All contacts from estimate to completion couldn't have been better!

Description of Work
2 large windows & patio door.

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

09/03/2020

gayle C.

I got my appointment in a decent amount of time considering the time we are living in...he confirmed the day before the appt, and was on time! I also got the bid when he said he would send...and that was within 2 days....impressive. They are getting my business.

Description of Work
Came to measure windows for possible replacement

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/04/2020

Lisa S.

Wendy was fun and easy to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure I was able to get the doors I was looking for, also making great suggestions for the trim work that turned out amazing. The install crew at Henderson and Daughter were wonderful to work with in every way. The were courteous and professional, and right on-time. The install was beautifully and seamlessly done. I would highly recommend to anyone out there, and plan to use them again soon for a new front door.

Description of Work
replacement of 2 patio doors

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Above all, we are thankful you're happy with the work that was done. Thank you for your business. Warmly, Henderson & Daughter

05/03/2020

Mary M.

First of all, setting up an appointment went smoothly, and Wendy came out for a consultation and bid. I' had done my research, but still had 4 bids for the 5-window project. I always learn from each bidder when I do a home improvement project. My other bids were from equally reputable window sellers, but Wendy covered everything the others did combined. Both my husband and I were (silently) pretty settled on Henderson and Daughter BEFORE we were handed the bid but were very happy with the competitive bid. After comparing all the points on the 4 bids, we found Henderson and Daughter was a better value AND a more complete package. Jump ahead 6 weeks to installation. Josh was the lead installer, and he was the best. He was so enthusiastic about his job and so respectful and polite. We are now 5 months later SO happy with our Tuscany Milgard product, but they are just that; a product. For windows, installation is key. Josh did a great job, installing, trimming, cleaning, and did above our expectations on three aspects of the project; the interior trim, an exterior rotted board, and adjustment of our shutters to fit the different window style. (In addition, he adjusted our front door for a more secure closure, just because he's that kind of guy.) I am late in writing this review, but as soon as we feel comfortable having construction in our home due to the pandemic, I will be calling Henderson and Daughter (exclusively) to replace our final 5 windows!

Description of Work
Replace 5 (1990 era) windows.

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

Thank you so much for the rave review, thank you so much for taking time to do this! Makes me smile ear to ear...people like you are why we do what we do. So glad you're happy with your home improvement project!!! Henderson & Daughter

02/25/2020

MARIA D.

Working with Henderson and Daughter was a pleasure. Mike walked me through the options for a new front door and hardware. The schedule was quick (about 6-8 weeks) and price was competitive. Good workmanship on the install, and the front office is very responsive, especially when I had a problem with the deadbolt. I chose Henderson and Daughter because of schedule, price, and I could get the hardware through them instead of having to look for and choose on my own. The only "surprise" to me was shine of the composite brick molding on outside; I thought the brick molding would look be more "matte" like wood. But I do not even really notice it now (I left it unpainted).

Description of Work
Replaced front door with fiberglass door

Work Completed On 03/26/2019

Thank you so much for the kind review. Sorry to hear there was a surprise...we try to avoid those! The nice thing about the composite brickmould is that you don't have to paint it and it will hold up over time. If you choose to paint it down the road, make sure you use the special instructions when painting composite material. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new door!

01/15/2020

Floyd Z.

Julie Morehouse was very professional, courteous and great to deal with. She provided us with a good understanding of what to expect and provided good follow up. Our windows were originally built and installed in 1977 and were of the highest quality at the time but after the years we could feel a definite draft. Turned out that they were not very well insulated and the work crew made the necessary modification to our house which we appreciated. Installation both inside and out was done very professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent and they look wonderful. The crew was very nice to work with and protected our property nicely. We would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Complete replacement our (five-window) living room bay window

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy to hear that you're satisfied with the work we did for you. Thank you for your business, Henderson & Daughter

09/23/2019

victor W.

Very good and very professional service performed by the staff that did the repair'

Description of Work
Replace rollers and handle on patio door

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

09/19/2019

C M.

From early planning thru all subsequent stages Henderson & Daughter succeeded in keeping us informed and at ease. The installation team was great and fun to watch. One of the rare cases were previous reviews not only came true but were exceeded.

Description of Work
new front door

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

08/31/2019

Cordelia O.

From start to finish Henderson and Daughter did an A+ job, starting with Paul the sales rep who was very attentive, communicative and helpful to the team who came to install. The later took care to protect our property with tarps and extra supports to our decks. The team was very respectful and professional as this was truly a nasty project with very large and high windows. From start to finish everyone had a "can do" attitude. We could not be more please!

Description of Work
Replace nasty very high windows

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

06/18/2019

Paul L.

The team worked hard and long, as the wall situation was very non-standard. They modified the installation to make it look great, and cleaned up everything afterwards.

Description of Work
Replacement of exterior door & frame

Work Completed On 06/06/2019

04/29/2019

Sandra B.

From the time I called to get a quote until the job was complete was a A+++++. I live in a condo that is a split level that the upper has four windows and a patio door they had to put scaffolding and pull back vinyl siding. I also had security on a window and a patio door that I wanted put back up and it was a real pain for them but they did it right and a really good job. I well recommend them any chance I get.

Description of Work
Had seven windows and two patio doors

Work Completed On 04/26/2019

Thank you so much for the kind review. So thrilled you’re happy with the process and end result!

11/08/2018

William H.

Estimated cost was out of our budget for a storm door. However we very impressed with Mike Flood the estimator who answered all of our questions and provided a quote on the spot.

Description of Work
purchase and install storm door

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

10/17/2018

Tomi B.

Fabulous customer service, no pressure, and great installation – that is how we summarize our experience with Henderson and Daughter. Like many folks we wanted three quote for our small project. We got the feeling that our need was not large enough for most to be bothered. One company took a very long time to respond with a quote and then zero follow up and the other, never even bothered to quote. Once we reached out the Henderson and Daughter we knew we found the right place for us. Thea Cutsforth, our representative, was extremely responsive and throughout the entire process; and when we put the job on hold for a few weeks there was no pressure. She was extremely helpful and patient as we looked at all the options (we thought we were prepared 😊). They have a great selection from which to choose. Every phone call to the office (not many) was greeted by their professional and courteous staff. The actual install went great (we think his name was Shawn). He demonstrated a commitment to doing a quality job and made sure very thing was done right! We are delighted with not only the end result, but entire process. We highly recommend Henderson and Daughter and will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Replace back door

Work Completed On 10/08/2018