CHECKMATE CARPET CLEANING

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2006

Checkmate Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is a small family business with a big reputation as the "go to" company for your unique carpet cleaning/carpet repair needs....

Better Air Northwest

Better Air Northwest has been proudly serving the greater Portland and Vancouver areas since 2009. We provide air duct cleaning services for industrial, commercial and residential heating, cooling and other air duct systems. We also provide respirable dust testing, dryer vent cleaning and anti-microbial sanitation services. We are a family owned and operated business with a focus on quality service and customer satisfaction. Our professional technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. This is the finest air duct cleaning service on the planet!

BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning

Over 17,000 Home Owners Have Benefited From The BenchMark Healthy Home Cleaning System We Provide Proven Cleaning Services To FREE You From Housework Servitude…GUARANTEED. HOME OWNERS WHO FEEL FATIGUED, UNDERAPPRECIATED, DISRESPECTED AND MISUNDERSTOOD If you find your self the role of motivator, but rarely on the receiving end from those around you - and the anti-effort, anti-engaged rhetoric you encounter in the day to day wears you down-you’ll welcome a kind word from someone who really understands your daily experience and appreciates your contributions. What you’ll discover is that our team of experts and top members are the champions of the discreet person who faithfully keeps their home functioning, even as others barely notice it. If you find yourself having to “talk yourself out of a tree” fairly frequently, we get it! We know the conversations that you must have only with yourself. Now, probably for the first time in you home-ownership experience, you’ll step into place where there can be an open discussion, exchange of truth-based ideas and experiences, and energizing encouraging “virtual-visit” twice a month to discuss, gather and plan ideas for maintaining your home. Location phone contacts: Ph 1-Portland; (503) 635-2243 Vancouver; (360)696-4140 Lake Oswego/Tigard/Beaverton; (503) 653-5083 Milwaukie/West Linn/Clackamas County/Oregon City; (503) 262-8030 NE Portland/Gresham; (360) 687-2271 Battle Ground/Ridgefield/North County; (360) 253-7955 Camas/Washougal/Fisher's Landing. Award winning.

Offers by BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning on Angi

06/27/2016

Never a bad experience! I've been using them for 10 years or more. They are great! I trust them implicitly

Description of Work
Steam cleaned my mattress

08/27/2014

It went extraordinarily well. He showed up on the time he was scheduled to show up. He examined the two carpets and decided how to get he stains out. Then he went to work, protecting furniture from any abrasion from his hoses. He got all stains out. The carpets were as clean as they were when they were new.

Description of Work
Cleaned the carpet in bathroom and down the hallway

06/13/2014

Great! Nice, punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. Enthusiastic about his work. Only thing I felt a little odd about was that he was using his young, school-aged kids as work partners. I fond myself wondering about that. Otherwise, a great experience. Even when it turned up an old cat pee stain (stinky), he helped without trying to charge more.

Description of Work
Cleaned wet carpet

01/13/2014

The job was done in a timely fashion. He is prompt, professional and very nice. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
George cleaned several rooms in our home and removed all stains including pet stains. He treated the carpet for pet protection.

01/13/2014

George is professional, punctual, courteous and very nice. The best in removing stains in the business. We definitely will use his services again. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
George cleaned and sanitized a very terribly soiled and stained carpet, soiled upholstery, mattress and drapes in a home where an elderly ill family member lived. All stains were removed.

Category carpet cleaners,upholstery cleaning

10/15/2013

The day before I was going to re-list my house I stepped in a bucket of paint and ruined the carpet. The company took a guy off of a job and sent him to my house and they cleaned the carpet perfectly so that I was able to list my house the next day.

Description of Work
The provider cleaned my carpets.

01/31/2013

I had a significant amount of pet damage and waves from a poor install by the original installer. George cleaned, repaired, and restretched my carpets. The difference is night and day. I was thinking about replacing my carpets, but now they look like new. Don't let the high cost of my job scare you, as they did a ton of repairs and cleaned around 5,000 square feet of carpet. This is the second time I have used them, but not the last.

Description of Work
Carpet repair, restretching, and cleaning.

12/21/2012

It was a awkward area that the technician had to work in, but he needed access to his van in order to clean the chairs properly, so he backed it up to the loading dock and cleaned the chairs in the recycling room. The technician was very gracious about the situation and lugged the chairs down and back.

Description of Work
I had two wood/fabric chairs cleaned. This entailed taking the chairs in a freight elevator to the main level of the building, cleaning them and bringing them back to the unit.

11/02/2011

During grout cleaning service, technician damaged baseboards in our bathroom, causing them to warp. Company tried to repair damage in a manner which was not satisfactory. Although they ultimately paid for repair of my baseboards, I had to spend extra time getting painting estimates and dealing with areas being repainted. I would additionally note that the technician was over an hour late for the initial cleaning, causing me to be late for work. They were also late the day they came to inspect/repair damage.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and grout cleaning

Category carpet cleaners,floor cleaning

It is of utmost importance to us that when we complete a job our customers feel 100% satisfied and know that they’ve received a first-class service experience. While we are thrilled to hear that there were no complaints about the carpet cleaning, area rug cleaning or upholstery cleaning that we provided for you that day we are terribly sorry that the tile and grout process ended up causing damage to your baseboards. When we were initially contacted by you in March 2011 regarding this issue we responded right away. We returned to your home and covered the costs of professional repair by the company of your choice because we wanted to make things right. It has been seven months since this job was completed and we were unaware that there were any lingering issues. In regards to our tardiness, we do try to provide a window of arrival when possible but cannot always guarantee an exact arrival time. We’re sorry that it caused you to be late in your own engagements. We’re working on this. We hope that someday you’ll be able to give us another chance. We want to prove to you that we can and will stand behind our work with honesty, integrity and due diligence.

10/25/2011

We stopped everything at the time of the estimate because the guy was 45 minutes late, didn't have the necessary tools (nothing to protect the corners of our high-end railings from his hose -- something we've always experienced with other companies), and seemed to blow off our concerns for him to space his nozzle away from our high-end custom-made furniture. Instead, the guy told us that he has cleaned even higher end homes. We strongly recommend against using this company. Alameda, on the other hand, services our home with the most professional attitude...they took their time and did an awesome job...for less money than Checkmate...they even called us afterward to check on the job...great company!

Category carpet cleaners

We do sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience. Instances such as this are certainly not typical and when a situation does arise we absolutely learn from it and will make every effort possible to correct it right away, should one come up. We have extended our sincerest apologies to this customer. We are working with the technician and have reached out to the customer to further understand the situation during their cleaning consultation and hope to be able to come to some resolution to this right away. It is our mission to provide all of our clients with a first-class service experience, so when we hear of a situation like this we are both embarrassed and saddened that we did not deliver what we aim for. We appreciate customer comments and feedback, as this will help us to serve you and others better in the future. To any current and potential future customers - please know that we take customer concerns quite seriously and will always respond to your concerns.

CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING. CARPET REPAIRS & RE-STRETCHING. FLOOD SERVICE. ORIENTAL RUGS. PET DAMAGE & ODOR TREATMENT. SPOT CARPET DYEING & COLOR REPAIR. LEATHER CLEANING. TILE & GROUT. AIR DUCT AND DRYER VENT CLEANING.