CHECKMATE CARPET CLEANING

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2006

9618 NE 133rd Ave

Vancouver, WA 98682

Checkmate Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is a small family business with a big reputation as the "go to" company for your unique carpet cleaning/carpet repair needs.

06/27/2016

Roland G.

Never a bad experience! I've been using them for 10 years or more. They are great! I trust them implicitly

Description of Work
Steam cleaned my mattress

08/27/2014

Greg G.

It went extraordinarily well. He showed up on the time he was scheduled to show up. He examined the two carpets and decided how to get he stains out. Then he went to work, protecting furniture from any abrasion from his hoses. He got all stains out. The carpets were as clean as they were when they were new.

Description of Work
Cleaned the carpet in bathroom and down the hallway

06/13/2014

Marie T.

Great! Nice, punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. Enthusiastic about his work. Only thing I felt a little odd about was that he was using his young, school-aged kids as work partners. I fond myself wondering about that. Otherwise, a great experience. Even when it turned up an old cat pee stain (stinky), he helped without trying to charge more.

Description of Work
Cleaned wet carpet

01/13/2014

Sandra O.

George is professional, punctual, courteous and very nice. The best in removing stains in the business. We definitely will use his services again. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
George cleaned and sanitized a very terribly soiled and stained carpet, soiled upholstery, mattress and drapes in a home where an elderly ill family member lived. All stains were removed.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

01/13/2014

Sandra O.

The job was done in a timely fashion. He is prompt, professional and very nice. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
George cleaned several rooms in our home and removed all stains including pet stains. He treated the carpet for pet protection.

10/15/2013

anne-marie R.

The day before I was going to re-list my house I stepped in a bucket of paint and ruined the carpet. The company took a guy off of a job and sent him to my house and they cleaned the carpet perfectly so that I was able to list my house the next day.

Description of Work
The provider cleaned my carpets.

01/31/2013

michael C.

I had a significant amount of pet damage and waves from a poor install by the original installer. George cleaned, repaired, and restretched my carpets. The difference is night and day. I was thinking about replacing my carpets, but now they look like new. Don't let the high cost of my job scare you, as they did a ton of repairs and cleaned around 5,000 square feet of carpet. This is the second time I have used them, but not the last.

Description of Work
Carpet repair, restretching, and cleaning.

12/21/2012

Maxine C.

It was a awkward area that the technician had to work in, but he needed access to his van in order to clean the chairs properly, so he backed it up to the loading dock and cleaned the chairs in the recycling room. The technician was very gracious about the situation and lugged the chairs down and back.

Description of Work
I had two wood/fabric chairs cleaned. This entailed taking the chairs in a freight elevator to the main level of the building, cleaning them and bringing them back to the unit.

11/02/2011

STACIA T.

During grout cleaning service, technician damaged baseboards in our bathroom, causing them to warp. Company tried to repair damage in a manner which was not satisfactory. Although they ultimately paid for repair of my baseboards, I had to spend extra time getting painting estimates and dealing with areas being repainted. I would additionally note that the technician was over an hour late for the initial cleaning, causing me to be late for work. They were also late the day they came to inspect/repair damage.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and grout cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, floor cleaning

It is of utmost importance to us that when we complete a job our customers feel 100% satisfied and know that they’ve received a first-class service experience. While we are thrilled to hear that there were no complaints about the carpet cleaning, area rug cleaning or upholstery cleaning that we provided for you that day we are terribly sorry that the tile and grout process ended up causing damage to your baseboards. When we were initially contacted by you in March 2011 regarding this issue we responded right away. We returned to your home and covered the costs of professional repair by the company of your choice because we wanted to make things right. It has been seven months since this job was completed and we were unaware that there were any lingering issues. In regards to our tardiness, we do try to provide a window of arrival when possible but cannot always guarantee an exact arrival time. We’re sorry that it caused you to be late in your own engagements. We’re working on this. We hope that someday you’ll be able to give us another chance. We want to prove to you that we can and will stand behind our work with honesty, integrity and due diligence.

10/25/2011

Leigh R.

We stopped everything at the time of the estimate because the guy was 45 minutes late, didn't have the necessary tools (nothing to protect the corners of our high-end railings from his hose -- something we've always experienced with other companies), and seemed to blow off our concerns for him to space his nozzle away from our high-end custom-made furniture. Instead, the guy told us that he has cleaned even higher end homes. We strongly recommend against using this company. Alameda, on the other hand, services our home with the most professional attitude...they took their time and did an awesome job...for less money than Checkmate...they even called us afterward to check on the job...great company!

Category carpet cleaners

We do sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience. Instances such as this are certainly not typical and when a situation does arise we absolutely learn from it and will make every effort possible to correct it right away, should one come up. We have extended our sincerest apologies to this customer. We are working with the technician and have reached out to the customer to further understand the situation during their cleaning consultation and hope to be able to come to some resolution to this right away. It is our mission to provide all of our clients with a first-class service experience, so when we hear of a situation like this we are both embarrassed and saddened that we did not deliver what we aim for. We appreciate customer comments and feedback, as this will help us to serve you and others better in the future. To any current and potential future customers - please know that we take customer concerns quite seriously and will always respond to your concerns.

10/20/2011

Maxine C.

I was readying my home to sell. A different carpet cleaning company had cleaned the carpets the year before. I had hired them because they offered a reduced cleaning rate. There were areas of the hall carpet that just didn't come clean and the company said, " it was because it was a high traffic area and the dirt was just too ground into the nap". I decided to call Checkmate Carpet Cleaning to try cleaning the hall before putting the home on the market. They came and amazingly got the carpet completely clean. This was cream colored carpet, so every little thing showed. I was so thankful not to have to re-carpet the hall area that I couldn't thank them enough.

Description of Work
This company has cleaned many carpets for clients and for me personally. They have always been prompt, professional and very thorough. I've been particularly pleased with their ability to get out water rings and dirt out of worn areas of carpet. They always look the carpet over carefully and let you know if there are areas that are going to present a challenge during the cleaning process.

05/25/2011

DIANE T.

This is the second time I have had Checkmate Carpet Cleaning to my home and they have done an excellent job. I heard about them on an AM radio talk show about home improvements and they claim to have the most powerful cleaning machines in the business. I can no longer detect the odor from pet stains. I also had them return for a spot that showed up after cleaning, and they did it happily with no further charges.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning with odor removal from pet stains

04/24/2011

MARIA P.

Micha came on time and was very professional. He did a great job with the carpet repair and was meticulous with the carpet cleaning. It was a big job, as we had just had the master bath remodeled and there was a lot of construction dust to remove from the carpets. I'm very pleased with the results

Description of Work
Cleaned three bedrooms, hall, and stairs, family room, plus three area rugs and tacked down carpet in two doorways abutting tile floor.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

07/23/2010

SALLY B.

They were prompt, arrived when they said they would. They did clean the carpets ok. They told us no extra charge to "green product" but when the serviceman got here he said green products would cost more. The carpets are clean and the chairs look ok. No paper guards under the furniture (like with other cleaners). The thing we were most disappointed with is that they did not move much off the floor --even light items. We did not expect heavy beds or piano to be moved, but a paper shredder? a light box? night stands? Other competitor we used before moved everything and charged 60% less. We were disappointed with Checkmate..

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets whole house, and upholstery : 2 loveseats, one chair with ottoman.

05/26/2010

CHERYL L.

I have used this company about 3 times before, and have appreciated their work. Again, they were responsive, and the tech was a very personable, professional young man. The work was done quickly and very well. My concern this time is that prices have gone up dramatically. The family room cleaning cost $92 in 2008, and $158 this time. The estimate on cleaning a bedroom last time cost $79--this time the cost would have been $161. I couldn't afford to do all that I wanted to have done with these huge price increases. I like them a lot, and they do a terrific job, but I would have to consider other companies, totally due to the cost. I regret having to report that.

Description of Work
Cleaning spaces most heavily used: family room, stairs, hallway. Did a pre-treatment for an area that the dog lays on, cleaned and treated with a "scotch-gard" type product.

06/01/2009

Arthur M.

They were on time, professional, and were a great value for the money. They got so much out of the carpet!

Description of Work
They cleaned 4 rooms. They gave us an inhouse discount that knocked $40 off the price.

10/23/2008

SUZIE W.

With not much hope, I tried a Realtor friend's suggestion of using Checkmate, and was I shocked when I arrived the next day to what looked like brand new carpets! They saved me at least $1000.00. The young man who performed the work was hard working, arrived on time and seemed knowledgeable. He had a great attitude for what is probably not very high pay and probably no benefits.

Description of Work
My rental house has white carpets. I know, not a great idea. When the last renter moved out, I thought I would have to replace the carpets they were black with grim in places, had deeply embedded food stains, and mystery substances.

10/09/2008

Alexander G.

Have used Checkmate a number of times for my house carpet cleaning always with consistent and extremely high satisfaction. They are professional, courteous, informative, very thorough and pay very close attention to details. Never any issues with price as carpet area is calculated prior to job and that's what you pay for. Once used another 'franchise' - type carpet cleaner (received promotion coupons) and the service was really terrible compared to Checkmate. The cleaning equipment was obviously not sufficient enough to thoroughly clean the carpet leaving clearly visible gray streaks after drying. The 'franchise' guys had a take-the-money-and -get-out-as-fast-as-possible attitude. Assuming you have this service done once or maybe even a few times annually, you want a company that knows what they're doing and will stand by their work with pride.

Description of Work
Checkmate first vacuum - cleaned & then wet - solution cleaned my house carpet on lower & upper levels including stairs. They paid particular attention to high traffic carpet areas & also moved smaller furniture items for better access. They thoroughly worked around larger 'fixed' furniture items such as beds, cupboards & larger tables. Nothing was moved without them asking first.

09/06/2008

Mary E.

During the course of vacuuming, I created a "run" in the Berber carpet and they were the only carpet place that would come right out that day I called. They not only fixed the run, but they cleaned the areas that were high-traffic areas and of course the areas where my furniture sat in places.

Description of Work
They repaired the run in the Berber that I caused. They also cleaned the carpet in the family. I used an exercises ball that had black around the plug and that came off the ball and it got on the carpet as well as the high traffic areas that look beautiful.

09/02/2008

Beverly B.

Got out stains of unknown origin. When the stains came back, they came back, free of charge, to retreat and clean.

Description of Work
Cleaned the stairs and the carpets in whole house.

08/20/2008

Joe M.

It went great. We have used them for many years. They are always reliable and prompt in their work. They do what they say that they are going to do. They really know their craft well.

Description of Work
They came to my house and they cleaned two couches, 4 bedrooms, a hallway and a staircase.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

04/29/2008

CHERYL L.

Easy scheduling by phone, got a confirmation call the day before. Sean was very knowledgeable and friendly, and seemed very experienced. Cleaned in 5 rooms, and 2 stairways. Worked hard on a bad "cat spot", and said he'd come back at no cost if there were continuing problems with any of the work. He worked hard all day, for 5-6 hours.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning, mainly traffic areas, and treating animal stains.

04/05/2007

Melissa B.

They were dying our carpet and we had them clean our sofa and love-seat. They were 100% cotton, which is hard to clean. They had never been done before and are over 10 years old. They got out a lot of the stains and if they couldn't that was fine by me. I just wanted the dust and yuckies out. They use 230 degree water so nothing lives. Perfect!

Description of Work
Cleaned our sofa and love-seat.

Category upholstery cleaning

04/05/2007

Melissa B.

The consultation was done by Pablo who was really late in getting to our house (3 hours), and I didn't get a phone call about it. I called them and they then kept me VERY informed as to the time when people would be at my house. Pablo was very knowledgeable and professional. We had Sean come out and dye our family room's carpet. We went from cream colored to navy. Big change! They started at 9 am (on time) Tuesday cleaning the carpet, then doing a fiber rinse on the carpet to make it really clean. Then they added the dye... It was "cookie monster" blue. Not ok... So they cleaned up for the day and came back the next day with a navy dye. Sean worked on it and it turned out AMAZING! We love it and the best part is the traffic pattern that was so obvious is GONE! The amazing thing is how hot the water they use when cleaning-nothing is going to live! It's around 230 degrees! Fabulous!

Description of Work
They dyed our family room's carpet. We went from cream colored to navy.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

02/28/2006

Jean A.

Russel worked to get stains not removed from carpet the previous week and was successful, except for a bit showing on one. Because he'd come back to redo carpet work, he didn't charge for a call and reduced the price on the upholstery to $75. from $99. This was at my request as it would have cost from $69. to $75. to have a couple other companies I called do the work. I'm not happy about using extra power for a turned-up furnace and fan for so long. I do,however, appreciate his thoroughness. He needs to fix the hose on his truck as it sprayed water both times he came. It didn't seem quite so bad this trip. I intend to call about the smell since it's taking so long to reduce the smell. I'm unsure if I'd have them back because of the high cost and problems with the smell of the upholstery cleaning. [To complete this report, I has to answer ''yes'' or ''no'' as to whether I'd have them back. I might try the carpet, but not the upholstery cleaning. Perhaps you need a ''not sure'' answer.

Description of Work
I had a used Loveseat size hide-a-bed's upholstery cleaned. It did not show soil, but I wanted to be sure it was clean. The work was thorough. A chemical was used to remove any oils. I've had to use a fan and keep the window open for five days and still the chemical smell is strong, though getting weaker each day.

Category upholstery cleaning

All Pro Cleaning

We are a family run business that have over 30 years of experience. We specialize in carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning. We take great pride in our work and we are not satisfied until you are satisfied. Hood River clients can reach out at 541-645-4154

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

PREMIER SUEDE/LEATHER & SPECIALTY CLEANERS

We are located in California and do not offer regular dry-cleaning services. Premier is the nation's finest suede and leather garment cleaner. WE PREFER THAT YOU CALL US DIRECTLY WITH ANY REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS AT (949) 244-0943, OR E-MAIL US AT: leathergods@aol.com. IF YOU EMAIL US, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Highly recommended by the finest retail stores in the U.S., including Nordstrom, Armani, Tom Ford, Gene Hiller, etc. Thousands of clients from all over the country who demand the finest quality and workmanship, ship garments to us directly for cleaning, dyeing, and repairs. Other services: purses cleaned and re-dyed, alterations and repairs, re-weaving of fabric garments, and area rug cleaning. Furniture cleaning and dyeing limited to Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties.

Mission Cleaning NW

Professional Carpet Cleaning, Floor, Tile & Grout Care, Furniture Cleaning. We use new state-of-the-art steam equipment and we also offer low moisture, quick dry method. We are an experienced husband & wife operated small business.

2022 Super Service Award

CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING. CARPET REPAIRS & RE-STRETCHING. FLOOD SERVICE. ORIENTAL RUGS. PET DAMAGE & ODOR TREATMENT. SPOT CARPET DYEING & COLOR REPAIR. LEATHER CLEANING. TILE & GROUT. AIR DUCT AND DRYER VENT CLEANING.