C's Home Remodel & Repair

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2010

14213 SE 15th Cir

Vancouver, WA 98683

I offer everything from general handyman services to full scale remodels/additions. No job is too small. My company consists of myself and my wife who is also my helper. I usually do not subcontract any work out as I can do most all of it myself. If there is something that does require a

10/15/2020

MICHAEL S.

Glen came to house and examined door. Determined that the house had settled to the point that the frame would need to be adjusted. Gave a very reasonable estimate and returned a week later. Expertly performed work as described. Result: front door opens, closes and locks/bolts perfectly aligned.

Description of Work
Front door would not open, stuck in frame.

Category custom cabinets, doors

07/11/2018

Debbie H.

Glen was on time and very professional. The work was done quickly and well. I will definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Closet doors hung

Category woodworking, doors

03/24/2018

DeAnna C.

Glen is wonderful. He is so professional and works very hard to make sure everything is done well. Our downstairs bath was done years ago and never really worked properly. Glen came in and added definite value to our home. He pulled out all the dated fixtures and built a beautiful shower complete with stunning tile work. Glen is professional and trustworthy. When he quotes a price, he tries very hard to stay within the quotes. He explained everything as he went and cleaned up after himself. We were left with a stunning bathroom that completes the downstairs.

Description of Work
Bath Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

08/16/2016

Sue S.

He is really a nice and very friendly guy. He came back today and had him clean my gutters and I plan for him to do some more work for me. It all went very well. I'm very happy with him.

Description of Work
Glen worked on my porch because the flooring needed redone. He replaced it for me and did an excellent job.

02/10/2016

Tony D.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, fencing, handyman service, insulation, woodworking, doors

01/16/2016

09/14/2015

Karla A.

Description of Work
Removed popcorn ceiling in hallway and living room then painted ceiling and walls. Did a great job and I highly recommend him.

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

03/23/2015

KAREN P.

Fast and easy to deal with. No hassles and much less expensive than others quoted.

Description of Work
Replaced shed door and door frame.

05/31/2014

Ty S.

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling water damage, fixed a door that won't close, sealed and recaulked shower, repaired damaged drain pipe behind wall.

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service, insulation, masonry, woodworking

10/07/2013

Vic D.

He was very helpful. We decided we needed a new door and he doesn't sell doors but he was helpful in helping us determine what we needed to do. We would not hesitate to use him again for any home repair work.

Description of Work
He looked over a patio door with a frozen lock, took it apart and found the problem (a broken piece). He was fast, efficient and very professional. Also, very informative.

Category woodworking, doors

07/16/2013

FRED S.

When with a different contractor.

Description of Work
Provide a bid to remove two existing master bathroom windows, enclose one window one window and enlarge the area for the other window. Job included remove existing siding for the enlarged window, framing in the larger new window replacing the siding, install new drywall, mud/tape and texture for painting. Bid was extremely cheaper than other bids for same job.

04/28/2013

Gerald M.

Outstanding. The work was done as promised, consistent with original estimates, and within the time frame committed. All work was done professionally, construction materials and debris were managed well, and the final clean-up was thorough.

Description of Work
We have had Glen provide services on a number of occasions, but the most recent work involved demolition, removal and rebuilding of two large stone light post columns one either side of our driveway.

Category decks, masonry, woodworking, driveway gates

01/11/2013

Ina E.

Glen was on time and finished the job on time. He did an excellent job!

Description of Work
Removal of large bathroom mirror & repair of drywall.

Category basement remodeling

11/12/2012

It went very well!

Description of Work
We were given a bid for removal of an 8 x 4 ft plate glass mirror which was glued to the wall. We were called later with a time schedule. Glenn showed up on time and went right to work removing the mirror, (we did not want to save the mirror). The job was done in a timely manner but because of the glueing it caused damaged to the wall, which we were told in advance by Glenn might be the case. The broken glass was removed and disposed off as part of the bid and the drywall was repaired to our satisfaction. We were extremely pleased with Glenn's workmanship and professionalism. He stayed on task and within his bid. We will use him again and will tell our neighbors about our pleasant experience with him. We highly recommend him.

Category drywall

03/17/2012

Coleen B.

Glenn called the day after receiving my email was very prompt. We made arrangements for him to come the following week. He arrived on time, completed the job on time and gave me pointers on tiling which I will be doing.

Description of Work
Poured shower pan, prepared shower walls & floor for tiling with cement board.

Category decks

02/23/2012

ROBERT W.

Great each time!

Description of Work
Glen has completed a wide variety of projects for my wife and I at both our home and our business. He moved a bedroom wall to remodel our master bath, added a closet, separate shower, hung cabinets, mirrors, heated floor and wall tile, insulation, drywall, trim, ceiling texture and painting. The work was excellent and reasonably fast. He has installed all new doors and molding in the house, rebuilt our deck stairway and painted the railing. Both he and his wife Angie can work in our home or at our building while we are gone. At our business he has added shelves, walls, closets, outdoor patio roofing and interior painting. There have also been a number of other projects plus he has done a lot of work for our friends. He cleans up the work area nicely. I highly recommend him and would really doubt any bad or negative reports on his work or pricing.!

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, decks, drywall, fencing, picture framing, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms, basement remodeling, driveway gates

06/06/2011

Charles N.

Glen took five days to complete the work at about 4 and 1/2 hours per day. He generally showed up within 1/2 hour of when he said he was going to. His work was OK. The major issue we had with Glen was the billing. He ended up charging about $14.00 per hour more than what we thougt we agreed to. Glen called that a miscommunication.

Description of Work
General work inside the home. Repair molding, small sheetrock job, fixed mounting on dishwasher, small carpentry jobs.

Category remodeling, woodworking

When I originally went to Member's residence to bid the job we went through nearly a dozen things that they would like repaired. Afterwards I started to go over each item, what I would do and how much I would charge for each thing. Half way through he interrupted and ask how much I charge per hour. I told him depending on the job size and complication between $28-$35/hr. I continued with the list of charges and again he interrupted me with some impatiantce and said "So it's going to be about $1000 for everything." I said "Yes, about $1000 in labor plus materials and tax." During the time working I was constantly complimented on how great everything looked and how great a job I was doing. Member even said that she was so happy that her dishwasher no longer fell forward out of the cabinet when she opened it that she could cry. This happened to be one of those rare jobs where everything went extremely well. Absolutely no problems. I got it done cleanly and efficiently.When I was finished and invoiced Member he was upset about the price. I charged him $1010 plus materials and tax. He had assumed that I was billing him hourly. I tried to explain to him that there was a misunderstanding, that I had straight bid the jobs and that he had never asked me to work hourly. If he had I would have given him a set hourly price. Member didn't want to listen. I also tried to ask Member what I could do to make things right with everything. He just said that there wasn't anything that I could do, wrote me a check and sent me on my way. I'm not sure how many hours Member considered that I worked. I wasn't keeping exact track of my hours so I don't know exactly how many I worked. He does seem to be adding in the materials and tax into his hourly estimation of my wage. Those are things that really can't be considered my pay. It's not like I get to keep the money. So since I was able to complete the job cleanly and efficiently, Member is upset because he feels that he was over charged so has given me a very low grade. Generally I have worked in the past with a verbal agreement on charges unless a hard copy bid is needed by the customer and have never had a problem till now. I would work for the Member again in the future if asked but I would definitely have a signed contract with them first before doing any work for them.

05/05/2011

George B.

Found Glen Seay on Angie's List. I called several companies, but he lived the closest and was prompt to return my call and prompt to review the work. Glen felt that he may be able to offer us a the best price if we provided materials and he worked by the hour. I was surprised at his reasonable rate. Glen is a respectful and courteous individual and is quite accommodating to needs. He had many ideas for our project and exuded the confidence we needed to embark on this project. He was ALWAYS on time, always prepared with drop cloths and always cleaned up every day. The removal of the existing fiberglass enclosure and sliding door was quick and Glen offered to haul away the debris if we needed that done too. We provided almost all of the materials (at his recommendation) and Glen worked diligently. There were no issues that came up that Glen couldn't address - including the rupture of an unexpected pipe behind the wall. Glen just took care of it. As the travertine tiles (natural stone) were set, there was a bit of settling which required replacement of a few pieces. That was never an issue - we just asked - and Glen took care of it. Glen used a new type of epoxy grout on the travertine, so he suggested we seal the travertine prior to grouting. We were happy to get involved. I'm glad we did, as this new grout was extremely sticky and difficult to work with. I called the manufacturer and learned of a way to remove the dried on material. My wife and I will be happy to handle that part of the finish work. I am VERY pleased with Glens work and his good nature. His skill goes way beyond this job and we will definitely have him help us with taking out a window and installing a French Door this summer. I have recommended him to many of our neighbors. His wife actually joined him for a few days to cut tiles. The both of them are very nice. Our new shower door was special order - and the company we ordered it from provides installation. Photos of the project will be forthcoming.

Description of Work
Complete removal of existing fiberglass shower and enclosure, removal of toilet and plumbing fixtures. Full framing and construction of a shower pan, shower walls, recessed soap holders, installation of valve assembly, grouting and installation of new toilet.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

04/20/2010

ROBERT W.

I have been highly satisfied with his work each time.

Description of Work
I have worked with him three times. He has done interior painting in my home and retrimmed the floors with new baseboards along with molding around the front door. He also changed all of my interior doors. At my office he built a roof over the back deck which was tremendous and very good quality. Right now he is remodeling a master bathroom in my home. He is enlarging and remodeling the bathroom which inlcuded moving a wall. He is adding a shower, enlarging closets, tiling, and installing new cabinets.