BidWell Construction Co

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2010

Reliable Fine Craftsmanship in all aspects of construction. Focus on detail. The owner has been in the business since 1979. No employees with a network of quality sub-contractors and suppliers. Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty on all work....

Sm interior painting

By appointment only, open Monday-Sunday.

10/15/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
SW part of front porch was sinking. Bixell replaced the entire front porch, pretty much single handedly - as one of his subs decided to go out of town. While doing that work, I decided to augment the project, including widening my driveway, building up the front concrete wall, and replacing front and porch steps. The quality of the work done was excellent. The timeliness of the project was not so great. While the porch replacement alone was suppose to take 10 days, it took much longer. Granted I added some work into the mix, but I found Bixell was not as timely as I had been led to believe. He also hired a couple of sub-contractors who did poor work, which had to be done over. The project started in late June, and was not finished until mid-September. I should probably give him a "C" - but the quality of the work he did himself is really outstanding.

CATEGORY siding,woodworking

Thanks for the review, [member name removed]. By the way, the job was done in 2011, not 2013. I'm glad you like the work done and am sorry for your dissatisfaction in some areas. Yes, I had to redo some of the subcontractors'/ helpers' work and I did it all at my cost but it did take more time. The porch was in even worse shape than we had imagined and when we added the additional concrete work th...

10/29/2013

The work went well and in a timely manner. Replaced material was removed including old decking to the transfer station. His workmanship was meticulous. He took a lot of pride in his work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed rotten floor joist where water pooled from a negatively sloped deck. Water came toward the house not away. He also lifted the corner of the house and replaced a section of the belly joist that was bad. Siding was thought to be an issue because the house is 40+ years old but siding was found that matched what was replaced.

CATEGORY siding,woodworking

Thank you for the review, [member name removed]. It was a real pleasure working for you. Please remember my Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty is still in effect.

Residential and commercial remodeling and additions, small and odd jobs, steel buildings, some new construction, facility maintenance/repair, decks and fences, concrete foundations, stairs, walks & driveways.

Ask for details.