Affordable Ponds LLC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2010

6400 NE hwy 99 suite G321

Vancouver, WA 98665

Pond Construction and Pond Cleaning.

10/22/2021

Heather W.

They showed up with at least 8 guys and had the three tiered waterfall pond in, in under 8 hours. They were very professional. It looks amazing.

Description of Work
Waterfall Pond

Category excavators, fountains

05/29/2021

Christopher K.

We could not be more pleased with the work performed. Our pond was a mess with years of algae build up. Additionally many rocks from the sides of the pond had been displaced. Michael showed up on time and was very helpful and professional. After carefully removing the water, fish and snails he spent hours restacking rocks on the pond walls followed by a thorough pressure washing. He was very creative in helping us resolve a problem with a pump hose. From start to finish the work was performed with great care and precision. Our pond has never looked better and we highly recommend Affordable Ponds!

Description of Work
Pond cleaning and pump hose repair

Category pool cleaners

02/21/2021

Tom A.

Excellent. John showed up on time and got to work. He had to replace two non-functioning pumps and associated wiring and power wash our lower pond (part of a 2-pond and creek system). He was very professional and efficient. He thoroughly cleaned our lower pond, which is lined with dozens of basalt rocks. After replacing the pumps, he ensured all was running correctly before departing. I would highly recommend Affordable Ponds and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Pump Replacement for pond/fountain system in front yard

Category landscaping, pressure washing, wells, fountains

11/23/2020

Sharon T.

Jeff Reid and his team at Affordable Ponds waved their magic wand and constructed a beautiful new koi pond including waterfall just outside the living room of our log home. They also gave a huge start on landscaping our rural residence’s wildfire defensible space. Jeff saved us time, money, backache, and heartache by doing it right – with jaw-dropping results. We are thrilled with both the beauty and functionality of our new pond. Our entire experience was outstanding and had NO negatives. If you desire deep knowledge of pond construction plus years of experience, integrity, reliability, teamwork, work ethic, project nimbleness, artistic vision, amazing value, and total commitment to customer service and happiness – search no further. Details: This two day job went so smoothly that it was completed several hours more quickly than anticipated. The original shallow 450-gallon pond constructed by the previous homeowner was plagued with multiple issues. Jeff and his team corrected everything. The new pond is a freeform 10’ x14’. Deepened to 2.5 feet, it now contains ~2,600 capacious gallons for our large koi. A 3-tiered waterfall changes direction as it meanders down the (new) hillside. Jeff designed the low-profile waterfall to enhance the view of the spectacular valley below our log home – not obscure it. Angled for views from nearly every room, the waterfall’s three underwater LED lights highlight the drops at night. In effect, this added an additional “room” to our house. Rock from the old pond was incorporated, including flat slabs for the waterfall’s tiered overhangs. Ferns, deer-resistant plants, and boulders were artistically placed, incl. utilizing several already on our property. Everything looks completely natural. Reflections from the waterfall create a beautiful play of light on our living room’s ceiling logs. The water’s sound is entrancing – even magical. An undergravel filtration system makes the new pond crystal-clear and low maintenance. What a relief! No more dealing with filthy box filters. No skimmer. We will simply have annual deep-cleaning done by Affordable Ponds. Affordable Ponds brought huge tubs for our 8 fish (incl. a 20” & 12” koi) and handled them with care. All fish did well with their 6-hour temporary relocation and introduction into the new pond. Three rock “koi caves” were constructed in the new pond – Jeff and his team are knowledgeable about fish habitat and behavior. They are now also better protected from predators. Jeff, the owner of Affordable Ponds, was on site the entire time (I know that this is not always the case for some pond construction companies). His constant presence ensured our mutual design vision was executed, plus Jeff was able to directly consult with us about unforeseen things including slightly relocating the pond for optimal siting and installation of extra LED wiring to add driveway perimeter lights – something we didn’t realize we wanted until the project was nearly complete. Jeff worked energetically alongside his team plus directed their efforts for peak efficiency. He constantly encouraged and praised his hard-working crew. All were unfailingly supportive of each other; cheerful, positive, and friendly. Not once did I hear a complaint or harsh word. Jeff’s commitment to customer service and happiness marked every single interaction. All communications were clear and timely. He was open and responsive to our many questions, and did a terrific job of educating us about how to care for our new pond. The team was punctual – they arrived 15” early both days. They were respectful of our property, and completely cleaned up the job site. Jeff and his crew repeatedly expressed appreciation for the opportunity to earn our business and trust, and acted as if we were their only customers (which we most assuredly are not). In summary, we could not be happier. This was an amazing experience with incredible results – and a value in all respects. So far, one friend has seen our new pond: he was astonished by the beauty and value. My husband and I expected a lot – and even so, got far more than we ever dreamed. Entrusting our pond and fish to Affordable Ponds was the best decision we could have possibly made.

Description of Work
Construct fish pond & waterfall. Begin wildfire defensible zone landscaping.

10/18/2020

Kirstan R.

We are beyond pleased with Affordable Ponds, their punctuality, and professionalism! It is our privilege to share our experience with family and friends. Thank you for another pond well cleaned! We look forward to using you again, and again, in the future!!

Description of Work
Pond cleaning

09/19/2020

Michael S.

We had a water feature / pond completely repaired, cleaned, and redesigned. Jeff was enthusiastic, had great design ideas, and was willing to listen to our ideas as well. His team came in and completed the work in just half a day. The end result is amazing and even better than we hoped. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Water Feature Repair / Replacement

Category excavators, fountains

08/13/2020

Mechille M.

Wonderful experience from beginning to end! Our waterfall had been sitting idle for a very long time. Clayton came out to give us an estimate and discussed the process as well as potential reasons why our waterfall wasn't working. He was able to squeeze in our job sooner than expected. The results are completely amazing and the price was as estimated. I am in love with my water feature again!! Thank you

Description of Work
Clean waterfall and replace broken pump

07/10/2020

Ronald D.

Incredible Jeff came to my home and inspected the mess and gave me a bid that was lower than I inspected. Kyle arrived on time and went to work. I was out of town when the work was done and when I can home I was delighted!! Great team to work with.

Description of Work
Water feature cleaning

06/09/2020

Evelyn W.

So glad we found this company. They know what they're doing, did great job and will definitely hire back for regular maintenance. A++++

Description of Work
Koi fish pond maintenance

Category excavators

03/02/2020

Kathy S.

Allscape Landscaper were great. I would highly recommend them. My path is beautiful. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Paver path to my yard

Category landscaping, hardscaping

11/20/2019

norma T.

It seems rare that a project like this turns into the absolute dream you had in mind. But this waterfall is perfect for my heart. The work was done in April by Jeff and associates with impeccable service. It is november and my pond is still beautiful, clear with very little maintenance. Seems to use very little electricity. Honestly, a dream come true! Fair prices.

Description of Work
had a small waterfall built into existing pond

Category landscaping, pool cleaners

06/21/2019

Linda Jean B.

Joe did a fantastic job of cleaning both water features. He was efficient and thorough. I highly recommend Affordable Ponds. I have been a customer of theirs for about a decade and have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
Pond and stream cleaning

04/18/2019

Steve H.

EXCELLENT doesn’t give Affordable Ponds enough kudo. The full team was bullseye accurate with every decision they made regarding this project. Very efficient and mindful. Thank you Jeff and team. I look forward to the next project.

Description of Work
Waterfall to bubbler conversion

Category lakefront landscaping, fountains

03/20/2019

Mary J.

I have had Affordable Ponds clean my water feature/pond since 2011. Jeff has been pleasant and professional from the start. Both John and Kyle have been out to clean the whole water feature over the years. The pond sparkles after they are finished. The fish are happier, and my grandchildren are amazed at how they wash ALL the rocks. I always appreciate their advice and their willingness to share their knowledge and expertise. I highly recommend their service, work, and expertise.

Description of Work
Cleaning of water feature and pond

Category landscaping, fountains

11/11/2018

Mary P.

This is a terrific company to help with your pond. They are really amazing and professional. I hihghly

Description of Work
Pond cleaning and pump replacement

Category pool cleaners

08/17/2018

Gail G.

Last weekend our fishpond waterfall pump quit. It is in the bottom of the pond so I was unable to repair it quickly. I contacted Jeff first thing Monday, he called back about 4 hours later, squeezed us into his busy schedule for Tuesday. Kyle arrived promptly, pumped the water down enough to access the pump and made the repairs. In three hours the pond was filling with him adding a heavy metal treatment for the fish. These guys are great. I cannot give them a high enough recommendation.

Description of Work
Replace waterfall pump

07/31/2018

Bob P.

fantastic service and very knowledgeable. they fixed the problem in less than an hour.

Description of Work
new waterfall pump and waterfall leak fix.

07/19/2018

mike M.

these guys are great! called them on sunday, returned my call tuesday and replaced pump on thursday. couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
replaced pond pump

07/17/2018

Monte S.

I have had a lot of contractors work for me in the past but Jeff was the best of the best. I am very picky so I am always watching. Within a few minutes, I knew he was as picky as me and that I didn't need to worry. Jeff interacted with me too at all critical points to be sure he was on track with my thoughts and he always was. He treated his employees like they were all part of the team. I have never been so impressed with a contractor, and I so glad I hired him for this job and would hire him back in a minute. He will be doing my annual cleaning as well, by the way. The pond and plants look so amazing. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
They built a large 3 tear waterfall with pond

Category landscaping, lakefront landscaping

07/17/2018

CAROLYN C.

Jeff came out within days of my call. Fixed the waterfall liner before I even hired them. Waterfall was cleaned a few days later, it sparkles and runs beautifully. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
pond cleaning

07/10/2018

Joan H.

Very professional, prompt and did a wonderful job. I had a problem with leaking and Jeff was out the following morning and fixed it at no charge.

Description of Work
Cleaned pond

Category landscaping, pool cleaners

07/04/2018

wendy W.

Stunning! Jeff and his team were fabulous to work with. At the free consultation and bid, Jeff's enthusiasm and obvious love of the work sold me. He had a vision for my new construction yard, and I got to watch him create it. It was like watching an artist at his canvas. He rose to the challenge of creating an attractive, noise mitigating haven in my yard facing a very busy street. The trip to the nursery was a blast, so much fun. He was very open to suggestion, and very intent on choosing plants that I loved, while making suggestions that would be successful. I'm so happy with the finished scene, Jeff's sense of composition and structure fulfilled his vision of an organic, native environment. The crew worked hard and took pride in their work. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Noise mitigating pond

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, plumbing, fountains

07/02/2018

jerry W.

Jeff was very professional and assured me that the new pond filtration system they would install would be absolutely maintenance-free. This sounded almost too good to be true, so I was a bit skeptical but decided to have them do the job for us. They arrived on time. They drained the pond, cleaned it and installed the new pump and filtration system. This included removal of all debris. Two months have now gone by, and our pond and waterfall have never looked so beautiful. We run the pump about 12 hours a day and have seen absolutely none of the green "slime," etc. that we were used to seeing in warm weather. The water remains crystal-clear. Another bonus is how little it costs to run the new pump--a small fraction of the cost to run our old pump. Needless to say, I would highly recommend Affordable Ponds and will use their services for all future pond needs.

Description of Work
Cleaned our pond, installed new filtration system and replaced pump.

06/14/2018

Eva S.

When we first moved into our home the large flowing water feature in the front yard, as well as the smaller one in back. were in great need of cleaning. Lots of algae! We called Affordable Ponds due to the many positive reviews on Angieslist. Jeff immediately accepted our call, an appointment was made in a reasonable time frame. Both he and the young man who performed the cleaning were very clear about the process, cost, etc. They arrived on time and did an fantastic job. Also gave us tips about how to maintain the new look. All done with a very upbeat positive attitude that made the job fun. Sometime later, when the pump gave out on us, they were the obvious folks to call. It needed replacing and the tech recommend a smaller size then what it currently had. This was less expensive and we like the slightly quieter and slower flow. We have found our pond people! Great Company.

Description of Work
water feature cleaning and repair

Category landscaping, fountains

05/30/2018

damion C.

Very prompt and the work was excellent with a great price. Needed a brand new motor for my water feature and cleaning really bad. I will always use them for my water feature needs.

Description of Work
New pond motor and cleaning.

Kitchen Door - Portland

Kitchen Door is a landscaping company providing beautiful, bespoke, and sustainable landscape design/build services for homeowners seeking a personal oasis to make and share life's best moments and memories. We provide full-scale yard transformations with white-glove management from start to finish through a dedicated expert project manager. We coordinate design, subcontractors, timelines, and budgets - leaving you space to enjoy the creative process with ease, and more free time to live your best life. Create an inspiring outdoor space aligned with your ideal lifestyle. Message us today to schedule your complimentary yard consultation and get started building the yard of your dreams! DREAM IT We meet with you one-on-one to discuss how we can help you get more out of your yard. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor space to relax in, a safe, fun space for your family to play, or your own edible garden, we can help you take your wildest vision and make it a reality. DESIGN IT We take your ideas and turn them into a custom design made just for you. Our landscape designers are horticulture experts and know how to pick the right plants that are not only beautiful and unique, but meant to grow in your native landscape and climate. We can incorporate custom features that take your oasis to the next level including fire pits, raised beds, pergolas, trellises, fences, and more! BUILD IT Once we’ve created a design that is perfect for you, our professional landscape team will see it through. Before you know it, your garden will be completely transformed and you can enjoy life’s best moments in your personal oasis right outside your kitchen door. Best of Houzz, Angie’s List Super Service winner, BBB A- Rating, and 5-stars on Google Reviews Browse past projects, meet the team serving your city, and sign up to receive access to our 2022 lookbook to explore our Signature Design Styles at kitchendoor.co

D & C Pressure Washing, Inc.

Chimcare

Chimcare Portland is family owned small business servicing our local community since 1989. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our customers. All of our employee's are pre-screened, drug free and provide top notch service! Our Employee's arrive in uniform and in marked vehicles. When you Choose our company you really choose the best Chimney Sweep and Chimney Repair Company that Angies List has to offer! We also specialize in fireplace installations of gas and wood burning fireplace inserts. We also build outdoor fireplaces. Call Today and Get Ready to have the best Service Possible! Additional email - info@chimcarellc.com. Additional phone - (503) 655-2446

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, Visa, Check

Pond construction & design, pond cleaning, pump replacement, pond liners. Landscaping. Masonry. Plumbing. *We do not do any repair work.

Pond and Waterfall Repair