Vulcan Knife

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2012

602 E 25th St # 78

Tacoma, WA 98421

With 35 years experience in the art of sharpening and custom knife making experience, we at Vulcan knife provide the very finest sharpening services available....

11/16/2016

David B.

Knives are probably sharper than they've ever been, including the day they were purchased. They were ready at the time promised.

Description of Work
Sharpened chef's knife and two carving knives.

05/28/2015

Edward C.

Description of Work
sharpened yard tools and one knife.

04/10/2015

Tracey C.

Description of Work
I have misc knives/kitchen shears in my collection (Henckels, Wusthoff, etc.) My scissors (Gingher, Marks, Wiss) were passed on to me by my grandmother who had them for at least a decade before I got them. Even though I have had these knives/scissors for 15+ years the quality is still great after all these years. | |I had been noticing they weren't keeping the edge as well as they used to after home sharpening so I contacted Vulcan Knives. AMAZING!! I'm not sure they were even this sharp when I brought them home. | |I found Vulcan Knives to be very friendly, knowledgeable, and informative. | |I will definitely be using them again and highly recommend them to anyone who needs a sharpening service!

09/17/2014

Anita D.

Description of Work
Sharpened knives. They did the best job I have ever had done.

05/31/2014

Judy O.

The work was excellent and performed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Left a pair of barber shears late Thursday afternoon and was told they would be ready by 4 the next day and the charge would be $18. (the shears are more expensive to sharpen than regular scissors). The service was good and the shears work great.

04/01/2014

Brandon S.

The owners and staff at Vulcan Knife are connoisseurs of their craft providing excellence in sharpening their knives and expert knowledge. The group there doesn't just treat this as a job, they treat it as a specialized art. The prices are great too. It is family owned too. I will definitely go back.

Description of Work
Sharpen kitchen knives

08/10/2013

Christy M.

Prompt, professional, sharp, same day service. They have a flat rate rather than a per inch price which works out to be cheaper than most other shops I've looked at. Will use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Sharpened 4 steak knives, two chefs knives, a carving knife, and a very small food knife. Straightened bent knife and got rid of a nick in another.

08/05/2013

Ruth Anne H.

It went fine...I dropped off the knives, I picked up the knives about an hour later. Nothing more to say than I've already said.

Description of Work
I had six kitchen knives that were sorely needing to be sharpened. Two of the knives had bent tips as well. They repaired the tips and sharpened the knives within several hours...and, boy, are they ever sharp now! Excellent service, prompt and efficient. The shop is also a 'must see' enterprise...their armor display is amazing!! I definitely will be telling my circle of family and friends that Vulcan Sharpening Service is the real deal.

07/17/2012

JOSEPH M.

I was leary about having a high carbon custom japanese knife sharpened. We talked for an hour about technique and I was convinced he knew what he was doing. My knife came back a little sharper than when I bought it in kyoto. I will use him exclusively.

Description of Work
3 knives, 2 garden tools sharpened

Category sharpening

Your very welcome! come back and see us when your magic is fading

JGC Services

Handyman services, home repairs, and more! --Don't see your need on our list of services? Give us a call to further discuss your needs! Your local Handyman providing polite, professional, and proficient home improvements.

Knife sharpening
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Sharpen and refurbish knives, axes, hatchets, garden tools, wood working tools, & scissors, restoration and repair of antique swords & armor.

Sharpen chainsaws, circular blades, pinking shears & electric clippers.