Kliemann Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning

Washington: Contractors
09/20/2023

4703 116th St E

Tacoma, WA 98446

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Kliemann Brothers is your complete source in Western Washington for all your heating, air conditioning, duct work and gas furnace needs. Since 1998 we've been helping folks throughout the Puget Sound area enjoy total indoor comfort in their homes and businesses. Located in Tacoma, WA, we proudly serve customers all over the Seattle metro area. Our many satisfied customers tell the story, but for your added peace-of-mind, rest assured that our professional staff has received the most up-to-date training available. So whenever you need us, we're here for all your heating and cooling concerns - from scheduled HVAC maintenance & repairs to installations with a smile, we're always just a phone call away. Our family is dedicated to your family's comfort all year round. Fax: (253) 539-3861...

HVAC Companies (106)water heaters (8)fireplace services (4)gas fireplace repair (3)electrician (1)

07/25/2021

Pasafino A.

It went smoothly! Only took that one day to complete. Showed us how to work the system and what other features were would be able to add to it.

Description of Work
Replaced our entire heating/air conditioning system with an energy efficient heat pump.

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review!

07/02/2020

Dawn T.

We had a Coleman furnace system put into our second home (which is barely used) during its build back in 2010. Over the past three years we have had issues with it stopping during the winter resulting in damages caused by snow sliding down roof taking gutters with it once unit was repaired by another company. I say this because upon calling Kliemann brothers we were told they do not go out that far, even after telling them they installed it. This past Feburary we had yet another shut down in the unit causing more damages and resulting in needing a new system. This was determined because it was found that during the install Kliemann did not use the correct oriffices to convert propane causing build up that over time destroyed the heat exchanger and burners. I contacted the owner Herb in March, he apologized for the poor workmanship and stated that the system should have lasted 15-20 years and that he would compensate us the difference. I have tried several times to contact him but he refuses to converse so to date Herb has not followed through with his promise. Having said this I would give them a poor rating and beware of their workmanship and lack of support after install.

Description of Work
Furance System

Work Completed On 06/07/2010

Review for Kliemann Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning - 4703 116th St E, Tacoma, WA - 38700181

05/16/2020

Luke W.

Second time using Kliemann to install either a furnace or heat pump in our homes. They know their stuff, go the extra mile during the sales and install service appointments to make sure you get all your questions answered. Installers were very courteous, got the job done quick, were very unobtrusive, and were comfortable working around some logistical challenges within the home. Then cleaned up like they were never here. Excellent value and the workmanship is up there with the best in the business. Even the inspector for the city of Seattle said we had chosen a great contractor. Thanks Kliemann.

Description of Work
Install electric heat pump and gas furnace

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

04/21/2020

Stephanie R.

I just want to give a huge Thank You to Kliemann Brothers. They were responsive, professional, clean, organized and educational. Mirabai was a delight to work with for scheduling our installation. The electrician Aaron was fast and thorough with the electrical work we needed done. Mike and Alex were amazing to work with during the installation. They walked us through everything with our new Thermostat, Variable Speed Heat Pump, Furnace and Electronic Air Cleaner. Our house was left clean and an impeccable installation was completed. I can’t thank Kliemann Brother’s enough for what a wonderful job they’ve done! Did I mention how quiet our new heat pump is! Thank you so much!

Description of Work
New Heating and Cooling System

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

03/08/2020

Long W.

A high efficiency gas furnace was purchased and installed from/by Kliemann Brothers in 2015. The furnace had been installed with the exhaust vent in the attic. This has resulted in excessive condensation. The attic has water stains on nearly every framing member visible. Seller reports that the furnace exhaust and intake were reversed. This has since been corrected, but appears to have caused significant damage to the attic. Several areas throughout the house are leaking. The above issue was found by an inspector hired by me in this January, five years later. Kliemann Brothers came in to make a simple correction by reverting the air intake vent with the exhaust vent after receiving the issue report. Kliemann Brothers hired an inspection company to estimate the cost of damage fix. Kliemann Brothers insists damage is caused by both condensation and roof leak, the roof leak fix fee should be taken care by me, based on the inspection company's inspection report. However, the inspection company technician said "I’m not an expert when it comes to roofing". Two inspectors hired by me, all pointed out the roof leak is caused by five years excessive condensation also. We stuck here. Unfortunately, three locations of the house ceiling have been open up with 4 x 4 square feet windows for dry up. The living condition inside the house becomes very poor. No any sorry or any apology have been received from Kliemann Brothers up today.

Description of Work
A high efficiency gas furnace was purchased and installed in 2015

Work Completed On 06/29/2015

Review for Kliemann Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning - 4703 116th St E, Tacoma, WA - 38432496

12/06/2019

Brandie L.

To be honest it was difficult to get someone to come out and perform maintenance on our furnace. They kept pushing me toward agreeing to a diagnostic appointment (more money) even though I had no proof my furnace needed a repair. Once I insisted that we just want maintenance right now, they agreed but said that if the technician finds anything that needs to be fixed, he would add on the diagnostic hourly rate, to which we said "fine". The technician came out and all we needed was maintenance. We are new to having a gas furnace, so he educated us on how it all works and how to do the filters, etc. He was friendly and professional, and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Annual furnace maintenance

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

11/23/2019

SCOTT M.

My thermostat was not responding to commands. I contacted my sales rep Nate Fine, who referred my problem to the service department. Within the hour Nathan from service contacted me, and we was at the house within a couple hours. He not only resolved the problem with the thermostat, but he also set up my phone to run the Nexia app with the thermostat. Thank you to both Nate and Nathan for taking care of my needs.

Description of Work
Thermostat repair

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

I'm so glad we were able to solve the issue so promptly [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the great review!

09/26/2019

SCOTT M.

We are happy with the Trane heat pump itself, the service, and the installation. Nate Fine has provided us with outstanding service throughout the process. He helped us place the heat pump where it needed to be placed to meet Enumclaw city codes. He made sure the Kliemann Brothers crew followed our installation instructions. The crew itself completed the installation of the heat pump professionally. Nate even came by after the installation, due to a problem caused by a lack of communication from Comcast, to touch up the look of the electrical connection to the electrical box. He has been available for questions on the thermostat and the replacement filter to our Trane furnace. Another plus is the office staff, who have been helpful throughout the process. I highly recommend the Kliemann Brothers.

Description of Work
Install heat pump

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

05/03/2018

Tyson R.

The guys from Kliemann brothers were nothing short of fantastic. They were punctual, respectful, and even let my small children "see" all their tools and explained what they were for. Would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump system and furnace

Work Completed On 02/08/2018

Thank you for the excellent review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and we hope you will recommend us to any family or friends who might require our services. Thank you for your business and your compliments.

02/19/2018

Ken L.

Extraordinary Company! ! They completely stands behind their warranties (both on equipment and the install). I purchased two top-end 90% efficient forced air systems (and extensive duct work) for my custom constructed home in 2005 (large home). Over the past 13 years I have had them return to complete both typical maintenance and repairs covered under warranty (equipment failure on one burner). Most recently, I discovered what originally appeared to be a small water leak (very small portion of the ceiling drywall damaged). Once the ceiling was opened, it revealed a very small leak in the downstairs heating system’s exhaust pipe leading to the exterior. Because of the 90% efficiency of the heating system, the exhaust contains a small amount of moisture. It appeared the original install of that exhaust pipe was faulty. The removal of the original pipe and replacement of a new pipe took 3 technicians most of the afternoon (looked simple, but it clearly was not). The technician’s on-sight stated that the leak should be considered an “install” issue and that they would discuss this with the manager for a reduced repair fee (originally estimated at nearly $700). The following day, the operations manager called to report that no fee would be due and she even went further on offering to cover the cost of repairing the drywall. In today’s life, it’s nearly impossible to find a company willing to stand behind their products and workmanship. I was completely blown away. After 13 years they stood behind their install work from 2005. These folks have earned my loyalty the old fashion way – they walked their talked. I would strongly recommend Kliemann Brother’s for all of your heating and cooling needs. You get what you pay for with them. And to the lead technician Austin, thank you for your professionalism and sincere effort to get it right and make it right.

Description of Work
Water leak from exhaust pipe from furnace

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

Hi, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the wonderful and kind feedback you've given us in this review. It is nice to hear how highly you regard our service and how loyal you have been to our business over the years. We were more than happy to help repair any mistakes and fix any problems that came up with your system no matter how much time has passed, and are glad that you gave us the call. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any more questions or concerns you may have.

07/31/2017

Don F.

In my opinion the initial visit went well, went through the house and looked things over. We discussed the different furnaces and I was told that it would be several days I would have a quote. I had the sales representative card and I called. He didn't seem to remember who I was and that maybe I saw someone else from the office. I did say I had the card with his picture and cell number, He said he would have something for the next day. A week later I called the company explaining this problem. They assured me they would get me a quote. I did get a quote from the sales representative who I saw in the first place. It was generic in nature, meaning no furnace specification, and it was for a furnace we didn't discuss. I did ask about warranty and specification. I got the answer on warranty. But no specification. If this person is suppose to be the face of the company then it is a pretty poor one.

Description of Work
I had the sale representative come out to my house to look over a new replacement furnace installation.

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

[Member Name Removed]-We apologize for the shortcomings you describe in your review. It is unacceptable for us to read a review like yours. We would love the chance to make things right. Please reach out to Jeremy at (253) 537-0655 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

07/26/2017

Jody B.

They were fantastic. The job was only supposed to take a couple of hours but they ran into some problems due to some rotted boards under our old tank. The supervisor came out and brought wood and they rebuilt the platform under the tank. They also made sure that they used superior materials, even going back to the shop once to ensure that we had the best materials for our situation. They went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied. They ended up spending twice as long at my house and did not charge me any more than the quoted price. I was very impressed! The estimator was awesome, too. She even came to check on the job while they were installing it. I'd definitely use them again and recommend them to all of my friends.

Description of Work
They installed a heat pump water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

[Member Name Removed]- We're overjoyed to read your wonderful review based on your recent experience with us! We love reading reviews like this because it ensures us that we're doing a great job, and our clients are recognizing our hard work and dedication. Thank you for recommending Kliemann Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning to your family and friends!

07/18/2017

Lisa M.

The only thing I disliked is I had an appointment, and had it on my calendar. Their system some how dropped it. We were suppose to get A/C on an Friday around the date, and they didn't have any record of the appointment, and before 85 degree weather. We wee a little disappointment. I don't know how that happened, but they came out and was really professional and courteous.

Description of Work
...

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

07/12/2017

Paul S.

We had problems with the air handler immediately after installation. Company promptly sent over a crew supervisor the next day and agreed with our assessment of the problem. Crew was sent back for repairs the next day which took most of the day. Unit now working correctly.

Description of Work
Installed new heat pump in rental house. Removed old furnace.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the feedback on our work done in your home. We hope you will give us a call if there is anything else we can do.

06/14/2017

Aubreyanna S.

They also changed our filter. I pay about $300 a year and they come out twice a year. I just had a baby this year, so I had neglected some things. When I called them because our A/C was not working right. It just seemed like it was not pushing up air. They came out and did the whole year service.

Description of Work
They serviced our A/C and furnace.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/04/2017

Arlin C.

I took 2 bids and Kliemann Bros beat the others hands down, and were very responsive and professional. Used booties and covered the floor where they went in and out of the house. Did their thing, explained everything, ran the unit and checked operation. Overall a great experience for a somewhat major expense. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
R & R 92% with a 95% gas furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

[Member Name Removed]-Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us in your review! We're happy to hear you are satisfied with our professionalism. Thanks for recommending our business to others looking for a reliable heating and a/c business!

05/02/2017

Carol M.

Great. It took 2 days and they were professional and personable.

Description of Work
Full furnace, heat pump, humidifier, air cleaner

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

[Member Name Removed]-We're happy to hear we could provide you the fast and efficient service that our company stands by! Thanks for sharing your review with us. Have a great day!

04/17/2017

Edgar R.

Great!!! They did a really good job.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

[Member Name Removed]-We're happy to hear that you're pleased with the job we performed for you. Thanks for sharing your 5-star review with us!

01/03/2017

Juanita H.

They're fair. They're very professional, that's why, after we bought a furnace from them, a few years later, we got our heat pump from them as well. The last time they came out, it took them about half an hour to complete the service. They left the area clean. They're just very professional, they're thorough and they're good at what they do.

Description of Work
They service our furnace and our heat pump, both of which we bought from them at different times.

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

10/07/2016

Robert R.

I have them inspect the systems before fall. I've been happy with them.

Description of Work
They did an inspection.

Work Completed On 10/12/2015

[Member Name Removed]- Thanks for the feedback! We hope you give us a call if you're ever in need.

01/12/2016

David H.

I was unhappy with the fact that I felt that the price was way too high to replace a simple and inexpensive toggle switch on the unit. The process that they have developed for service appears to be designed to have multiple trips to repair faults? I asked the repairman if they stock any common parts on their service trucks and he said no they only stock thermocouples for gas fireplaces? Frankly toggle switches are very basic and inexpensive and it took about 15 minutes to install the part it but still cost me $225.00. During the first visit, and after it was determined that the toggle switch was the issue, I overheard the repairman say to his service that t on the second trip to install the part it was only going to take 15 minutes. However, I was still charged this excessive amount for the repair. On two occasions during the process to schedule the part instal , I asked to talk with a representative about the install charges, because I felt they were way too high. However, I was largely ignored. The repairman was good but the price for this was excessive and I doubt I would use them or recommend them again.

Description of Work
They diagnosed and later fixed a propane gas fireplace insert electrical malfunction.

Work Completed On 01/05/2016

[Member Name Removed]- We apologize for your less than extraordinary experience with us. We strive to provide our customers with outstanding service and satisfaction and that does not appear to be the case here. We would like to speak with you about the work that was done, and the pricing for the switch and labor. To further discuss this review, please take the time to reach out to Nate at nate@kliemannbros.com.

12/23/2015

Chris C.

After a long vacation, my wife, three year old son, and I arrived home at around 1AM to find our furnace had stopped heating. Our home was approximately 51 degrees Fahrenheit, so image our surprise. We called several other company emergency hotlines, but only one responded immediately. Kliemann Bros was very quick about getting a specialist out at 3AM in the morning to troubleshoot our unit. Robby Darland was our servicing technician. He was professional and courteous. He even took some time to explain the inner workings of the unit we had. We had a wonderful experience and would gladly use this service again.

Description of Work
Performed diagnostic, reset, and repair on heating furnace

Work Completed On 12/19/2015

[Member Name Removed]- We are glad to hear that you are happy with the work that was done on your furnace. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service, and we are happy that Robby did a wonderful job getting your furnace up and running again for you. We hope you keep us in mind for any future work you may need done.