Crawl Pros

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2009

109 S. 25th Street

Tacoma, WA 98402

Crawl Pros is a whole home insulation contractor that specializes in residential retrofit and offers the most environmentally friendly materials for all applications and budgets.

06/15/2022

Catherine M.

I would not recommend this company. We initially had them come evaluate under our house for a dead rodent. They sent a well spoken and seemingly knowledgable sales person who after going under our house discovered our sump pump had stopped working. A bid was written up and we agreed and signed the contract. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. I did not read the fine print that they take your credit card and charge you when they decide the job has been completed. It will then be your responsibility to chase them until the work has actually been completed. We have had to have them back three times to do the work that was in the contract. The last time after having an independent contractor assess the contract that they created and we signed vs the work that had or had not been completed. I am still not done as I have the contractor coming back to evaluate once again to ensure the work has been done. This independent contractor even had to take pictures and detail for Crawl Pros what needed to be done to complete the job. Keep in mind their price quotes are much higher than others. Some of the items that were listed in the contract that I have had to chase them to complete are the following: Correct installation of new sump pump (took two visits and instructions from outside contractor), Clean up of rodent debris, removal and replacement of effected insulation, and replacement of vapor layer. As others have pointed out, there are other companies with much better prices.

Description of Work
Rodent removal, sump pump replacement, rodent debris cleanup, insulation replacement, vapor layer replacement.

08/16/2020

Paul P.

At every step along the way they were thorough and professional. The estimator provided a very detailed scope and quote and patiently answered my questions. The installation crew was quick, efficient, friendly, and were so meticulous with their prep that up you couldn't even tell they were here after they left. I also appreciated the "after-photos" they sent me, it looks great!

Description of Work
insulation

06/28/2019

Caren C.

Wonderful, they were on time, job was done in a short period of time. Thank you again, you guys are great!!

Description of Work
Crawlspace refresh

Category insulation

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We really appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

06/03/2019

Patti D.

Very professional from start to finish. I found I had rats infesting my crawlspace. Needed someone to clean it out, seal it up, and redo the insulation, moisture barrier, etc. I went with CrawlPro because their estimate was the most comprehensive - the estimate drew a map of where the rodents were getting in; provided me pictures of what was going on; and had a notebook showing a step by step of the process. On the day of the work, everything went as described; the crew arrived on time and had everything done in 4 hours. I went down with them afterward to inspect and it looked just like the pictures! very pleased with the service and quality.

Description of Work
crawl space clean out and full replacement of insulation, etc.

Category pest control, insulation

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We're so very happy to hear that you're pleased with the work! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

01/08/2019

Emily N.

They did a great job, The team showed up about 10 minutes early. They took great care in tarping everything off and being incredibly clean. There was a team of three guys and then were literally running around until about 5:30pm. I was so impressed!! In one day the three of them were able to remove wood chip insulation, seal everything off, install vents, spray an odor removing enzyme and re-insulate with cellulose insulation. Then they carefully cleaned everything up. They were very tidy and despite it being a rainy & blustery day they even cleaned everything up outside! To boot they were the best quote we received. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We needed wood chip insulation removed, the attic sprayed with an enzyme & then new insulation put in.

09/12/2018

Jackie S.

Ed and their entire crew were fabulous to work with. He came out and gave us a professional bid on getting our crawl space refurbished. He was very friendly and knowledgeable as well as helpful with all our questions. I am very happy that we chose to work with this company!

Description of Work
Crawl space clean out and insulation

Category insulation

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm glad that Ed was able to get you all taken care of and I hope we hear back from you if you ever need anything else or know of anyone who may need crawl or attic insulation work completed! Have a wonderful day!

09/12/2018

ely W.

My appointment took a few weeks to schedule due to demand. Crawl Pros sent their estimator/ evaluator who was very professional and personable who completed a thorough investigation of the present insulation in our home and provided a clear estimate of what the job would entail and cost. The bid was written right there and drawn out to specification. I was provided a folder with all the documentation. On the day of the job, the insulation specialists were there early and didn't stop until the work was complete. Even though there was some confusion on the areas that needed insulation, Crawl Pros was quick to answer our concerns and were always available. Even on the weekend when we had some trouble with the payment process. Everything was settled quickly and they reimbursed us for the additional fees that were incurred as part of the transaction. We would not hesitate to call them back for future work.

Description of Work
Attic and Pony wall Insulation

Category insulation

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I appreciate your kind words and hope we hear from you if you need anything else or know of anyone else that may need any assistance! Thanks again, have a wonderful week!

02/21/2018

Debora H.

It was a smooth one day job. They subcontracted out the electrical for the sump pump. He came the same day. He had issues with a difficult situation I had in my home. They had to come out again. I was never charged any additional even though it too many hours to do. That electrical company had the most polite positive people I've ever run across in all of this project. This was CiscoElectric. I'd use them for anything! All and all, a fantastic experience! Oh, and they noticed an issue with my roof and would have never known other wise. And, because of that, managed to get a vent repair under warrantee that would never have happened if they didn't see an issue.

Description of Work
I had insulation under house removed, and new added. Added a sump pump. Added 10" insulation in attic

Category insulation

Thank you for the excellent review, [Member Name Removed]. While it's rare that Crawl Pros ever needs to hire a subcontractor, since we have our own full-time technicians, it's great to hear the electrician we partnered with was a great fit. All of us at Crawl Pros are pleased to know that we were successful in our commitment to providing top-quality results.

01/22/2018

Tim P.

They did a great job in one day. No more smells and warmer floors. The were not the cheapest but it was well worth it. You get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Crawl space new insulation, vapor barrier, rewrap and seal heat ducts and seal all openings for pests.

Category pest control, insulation, basement waterproofing

Thank you for the excellent review, [Member Name Removed]. We are happy to hear your home is much more comfortable thanks to Crawl Pros' services. It is a pleasure to know we were successful in our commitment to providing top-quality results.

01/02/2018

Wally G.

Very well. Ken came out to do an estimate in soon after I called. I went under the house yesterday and all of the work was done to our satisfaction. I have already recommended this company to friends and family and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
We had a burst pipe under the house. Some of the insulation was ruined. I discovered a dead rodent when I initially went under the house to check out the leaky pipe. I saw that a hole had been cut too large by a heat pump installer which provided a way for the rodent to get in. Ken at Crawl Pros came out in a timely manner and bid on the job. He recommended that a new more secure crawl space door be installed, the vapor barrier needed to be replaced due to the rodent, they taped the seams,removed rodent feces, sanitized the crawl space, Wrapped water lines, secured connections, wrapped rigid ducts with R-11 fiberglass insulation.

Category pest control, insulation

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review, we appreciate the positive feedback. Nikole Crawl Pros

12/11/2017

Alex G.

Satisfied with the finished product but they only had two guys come out and it was a three man job and so they were there from about 10 am until 10 at night. That really inconvenienced us. Also, since they were there so late and in the dark by then, they did a poor job with constructing the access cover over the crawl space. I called to complain and they came out to verify and then sent a supervisor to correct the error.

Description of Work
Insulated crawl space, sealed heat ducts, new vapor barrier, crawl space cover.

Category insulation

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are very sorry for the inconvenience of the crew working late. Unfortunately an installer had called out sick that day and we wanted to still complete your work on the scheduled date. Thank you for being understanding and allowing us to come back out and complete the work at your home. Nikole Crawl Pros

10/23/2017

Katherine M.

Great crew, arrived on time hard workers. Masked everything from their truck to attic access. Absolutely no clean up for me when job completed. I'd hire again.

Description of Work
Fixed attic insulation that builder and original sub contractor missed. 1000 sq feet of blown in and baffles.

10/11/2017

Debra S.

Guys arrived on time, worked efficiently and cleaned up as they went along. They did an awesome job! We have no complaints and would refer them to family & friends.

Description of Work
Crawl cleaned, ducts tightened and banded, all holes repaired, rodents removed, everything sanitized and then the crawl was insulated.

09/20/2017

Susan F.

The estimator (Ken) took over 3 hours! His work was amazingly detailed, explaining what was going to be done (with photos), and the bid was very professional and transparent in terms of how much things cost. The team arrived on the day scheduled and I was very impressed that they fit me in on a Saturday due to the urgency of the situation. They were clean, they cleaned up after themselves, they showed me their work afterwards. From what I could tell everything is now sealed up tightly. My pest control company confirmed today that it's clean and "like Fort Knox" now. He said he could not see any place now where rats could get in. Crawl Pros warranties their work, and I would definitely call them again if needed. Although hopefully not!

Description of Work
I had a rat infestation and I needed the attic and crawlspace cleaned, insulated, new vapor barrier, and sealed tightly.

Category pest control, insulation

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share it with Ken and the rest of our team.

09/08/2017

Miguel R.

The guys that came out on the second did a phenomenal job. They worked really hard and they were there forever. The people in the office don't communicate with their customers.

Description of Work
They were cleaning out all of the debris under the house in the crawl space, putting in a line and vapor barrier, and insulation sealing up all of the ducts and vents.

Category insulation

We are very sorry you felt there was a lack of communication, that must of been very frustrating for you. When the installers initially let us know there was asbestos we were in contact with the lead foreman, the installers and your estimator to figure out where the asbestos was and the company you needed to be referred to. Once you had the asbestos removed Thursday 8/31 we had our crew work that Saturday 9/2 so that the work in your crawlspace was completed the week you were originally scheduled for. Again we are sorry and thank you for choosing our company.

08/31/2017

Jeff B.

Work was performed as requested. The entrance to the crawl space was not secured that well. Afterwords I added two clasps to ensure that it didn't fall open (as it had on at least one occasion)

Description of Work
Remove rat infestation from crawl space, remove & replace insulation that was contaminated by rat waste. Remove & replace vapor barrier.

Category pest control, insulation

Please let us know if you would like us to come out and do any repairs to the access door. We would be happy to get that taken care of for you.

08/28/2017

Steven J.

On time, on budget,courteous, competent

Description of Work
Installed crawl space insulation

Category insulation

We appreciate the great review!

08/19/2017

Laura W.

Richard did the inspection and estimate - and he was very helpful. The crew that did the work was on time and finished the job the same day. Everything was clean and looked good. Recently I had a pest control inspection done and the guy that went under the house said they did a great job sealing everything up and there were no signs of rodents. So that was great to hear. Crawl space clean out is a big deal and not cheap - but I was happy with the customer service and quality of work.

Description of Work
Crawlspace cleanout due to rats and raccoons in Fall 2016

Category insulation

Thank you for such a nice review. We appreciate your kind words and will be sharing it with our employees!

08/03/2017

Matt S.

Great work by the full team from our initial bid to installation

Description of Work
We had a significant problem that required full clean-out of the crawlspace and installation of new insulation, some heating duct work and plugging of rodent access points.

07/15/2017

Craig H.

Initially we had an inspection/estimate done, the inspector showed up exactly on time, quickly went under the hose, photographed the major issues, and showed me everything (I had been under there many times and he found things I never saw). The estimate was exactly what I expected (my neighbor hired them last year for a similar sized house) and the work would take 2 days due to the size of our house. We were scheduled for the next week.The actual work went extremely well, they showed up on time (with a 2 hour commute for them), started right away, the first day they created a corridor of plastic and cardboard/plastic to enclose their access to the outside (this was removed at the end of the day), so odor and debris wouldn't enter the house, they then completely cleaned out all vapor barrier, insulation and other debris, sealed all holes, ducts (with mastic), insulated uninsulated water pipes and ducts. This took about 6 hours, with 3 men. The 2nd day they put the corridor back up, installed all the insulation completed a bit more sealing and laid the vapor barrier. This took about 10 hours. The insulation was actually more tightly and completely hung than the original builder did. The vapor barrier was taped together into one continuous sheet, the original was just wide slightly overlapping strips. Upon completion I was invited down to inspect. All debris was bagged and at the end of each day was removed. Overall the work was very well done, very professional, the crew were courteous, responsive and very experienced. I would highly recommend these folks to others.

Description of Work
We needed our crawl space cleaned, falling insulation, rodent holes and droppings/carcasses, a bad smell, all those things that crawl spaces undergo in 22 years.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Thank you for the great review!

07/14/2017

Colette S B.

The workers arrived within the scheduled window of time and knocked at my door to let me know they had arrived and would begin work. They spent most of the day working on my job. When they were finished they allowed me to see the work they had done with pictures they had taken using a small digital camera. I was totally taken aback, to say the least! Not only did they remove any obstacles so that the pipes were now accessible, but everything is wrapped in white insulating plastic and the bare earth has been blanketed in the same manner. When my plumber arrived this morning to complete his work, he was so impressed! He mentioned three separate times how nice it was under there now, and he told me it had probably increased the value of my house ten to twenty thousand dollars because now contractors and other service providers could more easily access that part of the house. When I wrote down the contact information for Crawl Space Cleaning Pros he was pleased that I'd provided him with that and said he was going to pass along his endorsement to all of his customers who needed any crawl space work done in the future. I would hire this company again without hesitation and would confidently recommend them to anyone who needed such services. As a matter of clarity, they have recently changed their name from Crawl Space Cleaning Pros to Crawl Pros.

Description of Work
I needed some earth moved to access some pipes for my plumber to clean or replace if that was needed. He just needed to go under there and assess the situation.

Thank you so much!

07/03/2017

Velma W.

Took only two days with two workers. Did exactly what I expected.

Description of Work
Replaced some crawlspace ductwork and most of the insulation

Category insulation

Thank you for your review. If there is anything else we can do for you don't hesitate to contact us.

06/27/2017

Ionut G.

I was impressed on how well they worked, how careful they were with all details. There were some small misses (like they put the traps, but forgot to put bait in them :)). This caused them to delay the final install by a week. But in the end I liked how everything looks now, my crawlspace is squeakilyc lean and even smells good :) And there was no rodent activity in the past month, I checked and all traps are empty. Not the cheapest offer, but I liked the way they work.

Description of Work
Removed all the old insulation, vapor barrier from crawlspace, and cleaned-up the whole area. They also did an inspection to see where could rodents get into the crawlspace from and fixed all entry points. Then they installed traps and waited a week to see if there was any activity. Once they didn't find any activity they came back and installed new insulation on walls, pipes, new vapor barrier. Interestingly enough after 2-3 weeks someone else came by to do a final inspection (even if I didn't ask for one) and they worked on some more potential entry points.

Category pest control, insulation

Hello, We appreciate getting reviews but I think you may have reviewed our company in error as we do not do pest control. Our company is Crawl Space Cleaning Pros/Crawl Pros.

06/16/2017

Albina N.

I needed crawl space and attic inspected and cleaned. Technicians showed on time. Did great job! Left everything clean.

Description of Work
Crawl place was cleaned. Attic was inspected.

06/14/2017

Alan P.

Well. On time and did work as outlined.

Description of Work
Insulation in attic and crawl space. Install sump pump