We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

BOB LARSON PLUMBING

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2007

4320 128TH ST E

Tacoma, WA 98446

FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED. LICENSE: BOBLALP957NK . Here at Bob Larson Plumbing we want to be your P.A.L. ( Positively Affect Lives ) We specialize in Tankless water heaters, Tank water heaters, Water Repipes, Drain Repipes, Gas repipes, Toilet and drain stoppages, Broken and frozen pipes, Boilers,

10/06/2022

Lynn N.

Hello. Mike came with his apprentice to replace my 53 year old water heater today. Mike was amazing and his apprentice Shawn was so helpful. I was truly blessed by Mike's presence with his commitment to excellence and sincere interest in my well being. He discovered many unexpected problems and resolved everything wanting to make sure everything was done perfectly. He took time to educate me throughout the whole job. He took time and care with every opportunity to educate and collaborate with his apprentice. His polite and patient demeanor was a gift. I know that all necessary work has been done to a high standard. I am a 72 year old woman without much family or help. The work done by Mike at Bob Larson plumbing has given me peace. The cost of my plumbing was the best of three bids and the best money I've ever spent! I am so grateful... I highly recommend Bob Larson Plumbing!

Description of Work
Replaced water heater, cold and hot water lines, faucets, and filter; indoor shut off valve installed; backflip device installed

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

08/04/2022

Ellen V.

David and Kirin did a great job on the plumbing for a kitchen and bathroom remodel. The quote was clear and a good price. The work was done promptly and they technicians were polite, eddicient, and profesional.

Description of Work
plumbing and drain connection

Category plumbing, drain pipe

07/28/2022

Jay G.

Called to have them come to give me a bid. They set the appt and told me they'd call 20mins before the tech arrived. Then they called and said they needed me to call to confirm somone was going to be there. i call again to confirm. They call me again to let me know tech is going to be there soon. I call back to ask them to have the tech call me when he arrives so I can talk to him about what needs to be done. They said they'll have him reach out. I was at work and my Wife was at home but unavailable so it was up to me to chat with the tech. 10mins, 15mins, 20mins go by and still no call. I stop working and call them again. I get a dullard on the phone asking for all my info, they have my number and I gave them my name. All I need is a quick call to communicate what I need done. They said tech called but couldn't get through. I asked for his number and they wouldn't give it to me. Everyone else was able to call me except for the tech...Owner calls me and says that it's my problem that the tech can't get through to my phone. Apprarently the owner works a part time job with Verizon tech support and was able to see that it was my phone not allowing the plumber to get through to me. I found the situatiom laughable and this company will not be getting my business. First they overcommuncate and then nothing at all. There are plenty of plumbers out there, save yourself some time and frustration and contact someone who knows how to use a phone properly.

Description of Work
Overcommunication and then no communication, not professional at all.

Category plumbing

All we know is that our software tracks incoming and outgoing calls, and we have the calls that our tech made to the customer and the voicemails we left recorded. We don't pretend to be able to explain the discrepancy in the accounts of what actually happened here, but we don't know what we could have possibly done differently.

05/12/2022

Kevin L.

I just got out of the hospital I could not do it myself the sink was in the position all they had to do was connect the drain and the two lines cost my wife $798 they also gave her an estimate of $600 to connect the front faucet on the house that job would detail glue in the two pieces of pipe together and fastening the peacock to the front of the house that I Supply I hate to see what the advantage they take of senior citizens and Military spouses when their soldiers are overseas

Description of Work
Connect to drain and the water

03/08/2022

Paul B.

Too 25 minutes and cost $869.49. Worst Scam I have ever been taking on. Simples job and outrages price. Had to have done as counter top was coming that day. Parts were under $20.00 per Home Depoe, the rest was profit to the owner Bob!!!! TAlked to him on the phone he couild not understand the reason I was complaining about the outrageous Cost. A real scam........

Description of Work
Replace two nipples and two shut off valveson kitchen sink

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

We were called to look at some leaks that needed to be repaired. Our plumbers headed to the cabin up in the mountains at 11:30 and arrived shortly before 1:00 PM. They diagnosed the problem and offered the solution, discussing the price before performing the work in order to get approval. They performed the work as approved, left at 2:10 PM and got back to our shop at 3:30. Over all we had 4 hours invested in this repair. We sympathize with the customer who most likely has no idea of the manifold costs involved in running a successful service company for the long term, but we truly do not understand what we could or should have done differently.

02/28/2022

Lillian R.

Fabulous service, Friendly plumbers, Free of charge because it took him 5 minutes, What a surprise!

Description of Work
Plugged toilet.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/01/2021

Ryan R.

The plumber drilled extra holes into our brand-new kitchen sink cabinet after we asked him not to. He measured and aligned incorrectly, blamed us and the age of the house, and we had to purchase another cabinet to replace the one he damaged. The company did not accept responsibility for this and we had to cover it ourselves.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink hookup

Category plumbing

We're confused by the comments here, because we just talked with the customer yesterday and mailed a check this morning to cover replacement of the cabinet.

03/17/2020

Maygan H.

Ripped me off for $3500 to repair my hot water tank.. When I call for repair the hot water tank was working intermittently.Charged me $3500 dollars to replace a part that cost $1000 and took four hours to install. $2500 in labor for four hours work. I guess Plummers makes $625 dollars an hour now. Bad news is when they were done the hot water tank didn't work at all.. I DO NOT Recommend this company.

Description of Work
Hot Water repair

Category plumbing, water heater repair

It’s interesting how people can share the same experience and come up with entirely opposite perceptions of what actually happened. On the first visit, we spent almost 3 hours cleaning and diagnosing the system, due to a substandard installation in a small closet with difficult access. We gave options for repair or replacement and the customer chose repair. When we returned with the parts, we spent another 3 hours, only to find a problem with the pressure switch and relay. We returned the next day and spent 2 more hours, after which everything was working normally. We didn’t charge anything for the 3rd trip. Six weeks later, we got a call that the heater was firing intermittently. We subsequently made 4 more trips with 4 different people and along with the manufacturers tech support, were unable to figure out the cause of the problem. At this point, we had no other recourse than to recommend replacement of the system. We didn’t charge anything for the extra 15 hours and hundreds of dollars in parts that we spent, and we told the customer that we would match the lowball bid from another company. He wasn’t satisfied with this and demanded that we credit him for the original repair. We declined to do that and have since been threatened with a lawsuit from his lawyer, and been subjected to a flood of negative reviews, under several different names, on all the review sites, making false claims (lies?) about the amount of time we spent on his job. We can only conclude from this behavior that this person is malevolent. We’re not sure what we should have done differently.

Don & Peggy D.

We've always been happy with Bob and his crew. Easy to work with and proficient!

Description of Work
We've had Bob Larson replace an old water heater, misc. repairs, and run new hot water pipes directing from the water heater to our kitchen sink on floor up.

Xylia S.

I cannot day enough good about Bob Larson; first-even though their guy had a full schedule (6 others ahead of me! ) they still sent a wonderful young man out who fixed the problem. He actually had a book with the pricing in it so we knew what it would be after he took a look. Everyone from the receptionist, to another plumber I spoke to on the phone who was in the office, to the plumber himself were kind. 5 stars for awesomeness and getting to the job!

Description of Work
Pipe burst

Yuni U.

Excellent. They were very professional, efficient, and answered all the questions. They also left a phone numbers to contact as well as all the warranty material including the steps to follow if there were to be any any further questions. I would call them again for any future needs.

Description of Work
N/A

Bunker R.

My experience with Bob Larson plumbing has been excellent for the whole time I've asked for there services. Always on time and on dudget.

Description of Work
N/A

Tom G.

Perfectly. These guys are great. Friendly and professional. On time, on or under budget. One time they didn’t even charge me because it was a 3 min fix.

Description of Work
N/A

Betty A.

professionally repaired with excellent attitude

Description of Work
reparing a leaky pipe in the wall

Stephanie G.

They diagnosed it, and gave me a quote, within 15 minutes. Then fixed my heater that same visit.

Description of Work
Repair on-demand water heater.

Peggy F.

Great attitude; stood behind their work more interested in getting it right than enhancing fees

Description of Work
N/A

Nancy B.

Great service. We definitely recommend their services!

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathroom Tankless water heaters service

Category plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, gas leak repair

Karl 0003102 R.

Very happy with all aspects of service.

Description of Work
Tankless Water Heater (provide and install).

James C.

Terrible. The system they installed for me was done very poorly and now does not work.

Description of Work
Well Pump House plumbing

Tom L.

perfect---the larson crew replaced the heater-very professional people---with excellent personalities

Description of Work
faulty water heater

Category water heater repair

01/10/2020

Kay (Allan is deceased) B.

Friendly, competent and professional workers. Very pleased with the entire experience.

Description of Work
Waterline for new refridge and plumbing to new dishwasher . . . including correcting previously improperly installed plumbing. plumbing.

Brandon H.

Fantastic. They came out on two different days, both representatives were polite and professional. Everything was explained fully, including the science behind a septic system and details on how it pertains to my yard. The work was perfect and very quick considering the labor required for the jobs they were doing. I would use this company in the future, and would recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Septic cleaning and installing access ports

Peter B.

All the work by Bob Larsen has been great.

Description of Work
Boiler repair and pipe replacement.

Category plumbing, remodeling, drain cleaning

Jesse Y.

Their work was timely and done well.

Description of Work
N/A

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Linda S.

Excellent service, fair price, friendly and helpful. I would call them for all my future needs.

Description of Work
N/A