Specialty Insulation

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2012

Over the past several years everyone worldwide has seen the cost of energy continue to rise whether you’re using gas, oil or electric for your cooling and heating needs. The best way to help keep the costs down is by putting together a plan and involving professionals to insulate your home or business. Specialty Insulation, located in Spokane, WA was started in 1972 by Norm Thomson. Norm as well as each of his team leaders has 20 to 30 + years of experience with insulation in both residential and commercial applications. Additional contact name - Max Guinn....

USA Insulation of Spokane-CDA

USA Insulation has been America's comfort, savings and energy efficiency experts for over 35 years. With decades of experience and a name synonymous with quality, you can rely on our team to go above and beyond when insulating your home. We not only use superior USA made products and have highly-trained teams but we treat each home as if it were our own. We're proud to own and manufacture our proprietary USA Premium Foam Insulation at our corporate facility in Cleveland, Ohio. Our lightweight and nontoxic whole-home insulation solution is a simple three part blend that ensures a quality you won't find anywhere else.

Dryer Ducks

WE CLEAN DRYER DUCTS, AIR DUCTS, AND RAIN GUTTERS! FOR DRYER DUCT CLEANINGS: We specialize in keeping your dryer ducts Safe, Clean, and Efficient. Safe, by reducing the risk of dryer fires. Clean, by providing you with fresher smelling laundry and meticulously clean dryer vents. Efficient, by drying your clothes faster, which saves you money by reducing your energy bills and extends the life of your dryer. FOR AIR DUCT CLEANINGS: No one is more thorough with regards to air duct cleaning. We clean and sanitize residential and commercial air duct systems with no mess left behind. Keep your family safe with cleaner air, keep your home clean with less dust, and keep your system efficient with optimal airflow through your ducts. You can never be too careful with the air you breathe each day. FOR GUTTER CLEANINGS: Allow one of our technicians to come out and provide a free, no-obligation price quote for cleaning some or all of your rain gutters. We can also clean off the roof. Whatever service you choose from our company, your satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact us for your FREE inspection: (509) 315-1119 Tiffany@dryerducks.com

NOW Remodeling

Home remodeling NOW! We specialize in all your exterior remodeling needs! **AT THIS TIME WE ARE NOT TAKING REPAIRS DUE TO OUR CURRENT INSTALL VOLUME** Please give us a call to discuss your project! 1-800-346-9039 ROOFING Full Roofing Replacement: We proudly offer Asphalt Shingles- Owens Corning 50 years manufacture warranty. We do not install Metal roofing, no Tile roofing, no Cedar shake. WINDOWS Replacement windows with a 3 window minimum (Egress windows only in Boise ID) Lifetime warranty! Custom windows built for your home! ENTRY DOORS Entry doors only made by ProVia Amish craftsmanship. (front and back doors, French doors, sliding glass doors) We have awesome dog doors but for new install only. We cannot add them to an existing door. No interior doors. GUTTERS Full Steel/Aluminum seamless gutters and guards (guards can only go on 5k or 6k gutters that are in good shape) SIDING Siding: Composite, James Hardie, and vinyl with a 1 wall minimum (No Metal)

08/28/2017

Insulation work was very good and the price was good. The vapor barrier was a bit sloppy along the edges and I needed to re-staple some of it, but not too bad. I would use again.

Description of Work
They installed insulation on the walls of my shop, along with a vapor barrier over the insulation.

07/03/2017

The actual job went well. They were on time and took care in doing a professional job. I had some questions that did not get answered as quickly I thought with the salesperson who does not work there any more. Once, I contacted his supervisor, everything was quickly answered to my satisfaction. In addition, I had them blow in some additional insulation.

Description of Work
Insulated my garage

12/19/2016

I can't review their quality or price since they refuse to respond to my request. I can only review on the responsiveness and the professionalism which is lousy. At minimum they should at least acknowledge my request for an estimate after the 5th attempt.....

Description of Work
Pole Building Insulation.

10/25/2016

Original crew did not put batted insulation on walls so my husband had to do their job. Second crew ( very conscientious guys) corrected the batted insulation job. Still waiting for someone to come back and blow more insulation in where the second crew had to go thru to fix the first crews job. 11

Description of Work
Put bat insulation on walls in attic and blew in insulation on floor of attic

Category pest control,insulation

08/11/2015

After he inspected it, he told us we were in great shape, that we shouldn't spend the money to redo anything at this time, and pointed out the one place we could add some tape ourselves. Thank you for the honesty. If we ever need this work done, we will call Specialty Insulation first.

Description of Work
Tom came out to give us a bid on any insulation and moisture barrier that needed redone under our 19 year old manufactured home. We called because of the age of the home and we've had occasions to have to go through it for dedicated electrical, or changing internet or satellite providers.

06/27/2014

Added blown insulation to my attic. They were awesome, professional, did the job very well and very quickly, and even vacuumed my house to clean up any stray insulation when they were finished.

Description of Work
Added insulation to my attic.

08/12/2013

I called asking about WALLTITE spray foam insulation. The desk clerk transferred me to Norm. I asked him if they carried it? He seemed confused and said yes. I then asked him if it would be applicable to be used on basement foundation walls. His response was that only batt insulation should be used. Really?? (I thought to myself) being a basement I would almost never use batt insulation because of condensation, water leakage and the possibility of mold. When I told him I was not interested in batt insulation he got huffy and said he's been doing this for 40 years. Relax pal...gezz! Just because something has been done for a long period of time doesn't mean it's right or that better technology isn't available. I then asked him again, just to be clear that we were talking about the same product (WALLTITE) if they sold WALLTITE to which he repliedand quot; Wall whatand quot;?? No we don't. The man was rude and not professional at all. Avoid this company at all costs! Really.

Description of Work
I called asking about WALLTITE blown insulation.

07/15/2013

We are very pleased with the performance and appreciated Specialty's help in obtaining a rebate from the power company.

Description of Work
Swift, accurate estimate, booked & delivered blown in insulation in tight attic space.

06/20/2013

I went with another company who told me that baffles weren't needed, because they took care to leave 1-1/2and quot; of air space around the vents, pointed out to me that I, indeed, have closer to R20 than R27 in my attic already, and that I could not receive an Avista rebate, because my R factor was not R12 or below, a criteria for the rebate (I verified this online at Avista's website). My chosen company also insulated my attic higher to R49, the current parameter for new construction, then glued an R38 bat to the attic lid, which they think their customers should have but don't know enough to ask for, and all for approx. $150 cheaper!

Description of Work
Max Guinn came out and gave me an estimate on shoring up attic insulation in my 1087 sq. foot attic from R20 (house inspector's assessment, although Max said it was R27) to the house inspector's minimum of R38. I have vent soffits in the attic and didn't want any further holes from baffles in my house, but he wouldn't budge on that. Then he also said I would have approx. a $270 rebate from Avista coming.

07/27/2012

They did an excellent job; they came on time and completed the job on time as well. They did a lot of paper work for my refund from the electric utility company and after a week I got my refund of $350 which was half of what I paid them. I am very happy about it and I have no complains at all. I will highly recommend them for their exceptional service.

Description of Work
Specialty Insulation insulated the walls of my house and the attic.

Category insulation

Insulation Sales & Service.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal