Specialty Insulation

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2012

2626 E Trent Ave

Spokane, WA 99202

Over the past several years everyone worldwide has seen the cost of energy continue to rise whether you’re using gas, oil or electric for your cooling and heating needs. The best way to help keep the costs down is by putting together a plan and involving professionals to insulate your home or

08/28/2017

Gordon H.

Insulation work was very good and the price was good. The vapor barrier was a bit sloppy along the edges and I needed to re-staple some of it, but not too bad. I would use again.

Description of Work
They installed insulation on the walls of my shop, along with a vapor barrier over the insulation.

07/03/2017

Don F.

The actual job went well. They were on time and took care in doing a professional job. I had some questions that did not get answered as quickly I thought with the salesperson who does not work there any more. Once, I contacted his supervisor, everything was quickly answered to my satisfaction. In addition, I had them blow in some additional insulation.

Description of Work
Insulated my garage

02/20/2017

Jim C.

Excellent work and fast

Description of Work
Whole new house insulation

12/19/2016

Russell B.

I can't review their quality or price since they refuse to respond to my request. I can only review on the responsiveness and the professionalism which is lousy. At minimum they should at least acknowledge my request for an estimate after the 5th attempt.....

Description of Work
Pole Building Insulation.

10/25/2016

Elaine H.

Original crew did not put batted insulation on walls so my husband had to do their job. Second crew ( very conscientious guys) corrected the batted insulation job. Still waiting for someone to come back and blow more insulation in where the second crew had to go thru to fix the first crews job. 11

Description of Work
Put bat insulation on walls in attic and blew in insulation on floor of attic

Category pest control, insulation

08/11/2015

Jeff L.

After he inspected it, he told us we were in great shape, that we shouldn't spend the money to redo anything at this time, and pointed out the one place we could add some tape ourselves. Thank you for the honesty. If we ever need this work done, we will call Specialty Insulation first.

Description of Work
Tom came out to give us a bid on any insulation and moisture barrier that needed redone under our 19 year old manufactured home. We called because of the age of the home and we've had occasions to have to go through it for dedicated electrical, or changing internet or satellite providers.

04/16/2015

Chris F.

Description of Work
These folks installed insulation and were competent, efficient, and knowledgeable.

02/04/2015

Mark M.

Description of Work
Insulated 4 walls and an attic space.

10/28/2014

Ken A.

06/27/2014

Bruce M.

Added blown insulation to my attic. They were awesome, professional, did the job very well and very quickly, and even vacuumed my house to clean up any stray insulation when they were finished.

Description of Work
Added insulation to my attic.

06/11/2014

Michele D.

08/12/2013

stephen S.

I called asking about WALLTITE spray foam insulation. The desk clerk transferred me to Norm. I asked him if they carried it? He seemed confused and said yes. I then asked him if it would be applicable to be used on basement foundation walls. His response was that only batt insulation should be used. Really?? (I thought to myself) being a basement I would almost never use batt insulation because of condensation, water leakage and the possibility of mold. When I told him I was not interested in batt insulation he got huffy and said he's been doing this for 40 years. Relax pal...gezz! Just because something has been done for a long period of time doesn't mean it's right or that better technology isn't available. I then asked him again, just to be clear that we were talking about the same product (WALLTITE) if they sold WALLTITE to which he repliedand quot; Wall whatand quot;?? No we don't. The man was rude and not professional at all. Avoid this company at all costs! Really.

Description of Work
I called asking about WALLTITE blown insulation.

07/15/2013

Dia M.

We are very pleased with the performance and appreciated Specialty's help in obtaining a rebate from the power company.

Description of Work
Swift, accurate estimate, booked & delivered blown in insulation in tight attic space.

06/20/2013

Sue A.

I went with another company who told me that baffles weren't needed, because they took care to leave 1-1/2and quot; of air space around the vents, pointed out to me that I, indeed, have closer to R20 than R27 in my attic already, and that I could not receive an Avista rebate, because my R factor was not R12 or below, a criteria for the rebate (I verified this online at Avista's website). My chosen company also insulated my attic higher to R49, the current parameter for new construction, then glued an R38 bat to the attic lid, which they think their customers should have but don't know enough to ask for, and all for approx. $150 cheaper!

Description of Work
Max Guinn came out and gave me an estimate on shoring up attic insulation in my 1087 sq. foot attic from R20 (house inspector's assessment, although Max said it was R27) to the house inspector's minimum of R38. I have vent soffits in the attic and didn't want any further holes from baffles in my house, but he wouldn't budge on that. Then he also said I would have approx. a $270 rebate from Avista coming.

07/27/2012

Gregory B.

They did an excellent job; they came on time and completed the job on time as well. They did a lot of paper work for my refund from the electric utility company and after a week I got my refund of $350 which was half of what I paid them. I am very happy about it and I have no complains at all. I will highly recommend them for their exceptional service.

Description of Work
Specialty Insulation insulated the walls of my house and the attic.

03/07/2012

Lynn L.

They came out and gave me an absolutely reasonable and free estimate. They were financially easy to work with. They even prepared the rebate for me. The final total was exactly what they estimated. They were clean, neat and efficient. They get high marks from me.

Description of Work
They insulated my attic.

01/30/2012

Laurie V.

Max listened to exactly what I wanted and was quick to email me a bid per my request. To be honest, insulation was not something we had budgeted into our remodel, but a neighbor mentioned it and we realized it would be valuable in the long run. We decided to go with Specialty because they had the lowest bid, but their service was outstanding! It was a little hard to communicate as this is a busy season for insulation, but we got an appointment relatively quickly. They were a little late on arrival, but they worked quickly and efficiently and were done at the right time, so it was really no problem. They did a decent job cleaning up after themselves. We're not currently living in the home, as we are doing a major remodel, so the dust wasn't an issue for us, but you may want to consider covering everything in plastic or hiring a cleaner if you ever have this done in your home, as it definitely leaves a layer of dust on everything. I would definitely use and recommend Specialty in the future!

Description of Work
Specialty Insulation's Max Guinn came and gave me a bid. He also told me what my expected rebate from Avista would be. Unfortunately I have oil heat, so no rebate, but still a great price! The work done in my home was all of the exterior walls on my main floor, but from the interior of the home. I was skeptical about the process, because they had to drill about 100 holes and blow the R-13 insulation through the INTERIOR Lath and Plaster walls, as I have several layers of siding on the outside of my house. They did a great job and were done after 4 hours. They plugged the holes with wood plugs and my drywall guy had no problem patching the holes for a couple hundred dollars. I'm so glad that we decided to get insulation, our house is holding heat much better now!

10/03/2011

Diane V.

The appointment to install insulation in my attic was made for 8 am. At 8:45am no one had arrived yet so I called the office. At first the office was surprised no one had shown up yet but then they put me on hold a moment and found out the guys had been sent to unload a truck somewhere and would be arriving at my house shortly. By 9:45am they still hadn't arrived. Again I called the office and again they said someone would be there soon. At 10am, 2 hours late, the guys arrived. These 2 guys were very polite and had no idea the appointment had been for 8am. They had been sent by management on another errand before my appointment. They finished the job quickly and efficiently and apologized for the delay even though they had no control over the situation. Unfortunately, Specialty Insulation's management has never bothered to apologize for making me wait 2 hours and for that I probably would not use this business again.

Description of Work
Cellulose insulation was sprayed into the attic. They also checked to see if there was insulation in the exterior walls.

08/11/2011

ron O.

unsatisfied

Description of Work
asked for insulation bid wasnt sure if older home had walls insulated. Saleman said he could tell by removing electrical out let I had offered to drill an inspection hole. When salesman came to estimate job he said outlet removal wasnt neccesary we would just schedule and installers would remove a piece of siding. This was differant of what was discussed on phone. Installers found home was previosly insulated so I was charged for there labor. They also insulated under house which was agreed upon. That job was done to my satisfaction. I have since purchased 2 more income properties and have found other insulation companies that offer free inspections.

Category insulation, energy audit

Dryer Ducks

WE CLEAN DRYER DUCTS, AIR DUCTS, AND RAIN GUTTERS! FOR DRYER DUCT CLEANINGS: We specialize in keeping your dryer ducts Safe, Clean, and Efficient. Safe, by reducing the risk of dryer fires. Clean, by providing you with fresher smelling laundry and meticulously clean dryer vents. Efficient, by drying your clothes faster, which saves you money by reducing your energy bills and extends the life of your dryer. FOR AIR DUCT CLEANINGS: No one is more thorough with regards to air duct cleaning. We clean and sanitize residential and commercial air duct systems with no mess left behind. Keep your family safe with cleaner air, keep your home clean with less dust, and keep your system efficient with optimal airflow through your ducts. You can never be too careful with the air you breathe each day. FOR GUTTER CLEANINGS: Allow one of our technicians to come out and provide a free, no-obligation price quote for cleaning some or all of your rain gutters. We can also clean off the roof. Whatever service you choose from our company, your satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact us for your FREE inspection: (509) 315-1119 Tiffany@dryerducks.com

DaBella - Spokane

Quality Begins at Home. We are the premiere home improvement company, with service and products that will keep you happy for years to come. Our customers receive unmatched warranties and exclusive products. We offer exclusive roofing, siding and window systems that are manufactured in America and installed by factory-trained installers, delivering the best possible result every time. DaBella Baths is our exclusive bath division, specializing in tub and shower conversions, bathtub replacement, walk-in showers and walk-in tubs. If you want to work with a contractor who is passionate about service, committed to quality and determined to delight you, then DaBella is for you! We’re ready to turn your dreams into a beautiful reality.

Pacific Air LLC

Services provided are commercial and residential heating and air conditioning, commercial refrigeration, and duct cleaning. Our technicians are professional and courteous.

Award 2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Insulation Sales & Service.