Ray Harty Construction

Founded 1990 • With Angi since January 2011

3.3

1005 S. Center Dr.

Spokane, WA 99212

We are a local family operated Father & Sons Company, with membership in the Better Business Bureau and a long history of quality craftsmanship, as well as hundreds of satisfied customers. We are proud of our reference list, and work very hard to maintain an important community relationship. All

03/05/2022

Jill L.

Fantastic! He works well with pics from Pinterest! Turned out better then I imagined. He made an 8 year dream come true. I needed someone who could think outside the box and he did!

Description of Work
Loft over play area, expand play cubby and add a door above in loft area

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

08/08/2013

Ed C.

Made to many false claims and changed details and plans as job progressed. Good at making excuses poor at providing product they claimed they could produce

Description of Work
Repair deck and added new deck area

08/09/2012

Kathleen C.

Ray and his sons showed up promptly on Day 1 and quickly removed the old deck. That went fine and Ray did have some good design ideas that proved better than my original plan, but then it went downhill. Punctuality was random, work seemed to halt frequently for personal phone calls; several of their family members dropped by in the middle of one day, resulting in about an hour of lounging and socializing in my yard and requests to use my kitchen to wash baby bottles. When it was time to install the spindles for the ramp railing, which I knew I'd be painting prior to installation, what they supplied was unfinished, unsanded, splintered wood. Because they couldn't continue until the spindles were painted, I had no choice. They look cheap and splinters are frequent if you aren't careful. The wood they used for the deck itself already has splits. There is nothing "finished" or professional appearing about it. I also discovered a month or so later that they had left a space on the back of the ramp uncovered, allowing easy access for a feral cat that took up residence under the deck. The worst part though is that when they were finally finished (after a mediocre cleanup. I'm still finding nails.) I applied the exact paint that Ray recommended. Within days it was looking awful: simple dirt results in staining and after a few cold nights and snow, it began peeling. The surface was so slippery that walking on it whenever there is even slight moisture is risky. Example: my dog slipped and ended up with a $200 vet bill and a month on pain pills and restricted activity. After talking to Home Depot, I was told that the paint Ray recommended was a poor choice. On their advice I purchased Deck Restore. The problem was that the first finish needed to be removed or at least scuffed up to allow adhesion. Not having the equipment or muscle to do it myself, I emailed Ray and politely explained the problem, asking for help with the surface sanding so that I could apply the Deck Restore. Several days later he responded that he would have his son contact me. I waited a week, no contact, so I called him. He stated that "maybe they could work me in in a few weeks and they'd charge me JUST $100 to sand it. When I pointed out that I wouldn't need to be buying and applying a second product just months after their "guaranteed" work, he stated that he'd have to talk to his dad and they would call. Another week of no contact, so I emailed again. The response I got boiled down to 'we're busy and it's your problem'. But he DID wish me "Peace and God's blessings" so that makes it okay. I don't think God would recommend this company either.

Description of Work
The job was removal of a small, rotting deck and replacement with a simpler deck with a handicap ramp. The owner's initial response, while slow, was amicable and he seemed genuinely concerned about holding costs down, many times stating that as a Christian man he felt that helping people was one of his greatest rewards. As part of keeping the costs to a minimum, I said that I would be happy to do the final finish work, which would be painting it with the product he recommended.

01/11/2012

Thad S.

The project was properly designed and built to meet the needs discussed and to local building codes. The crew was very courteous and professional while on the job. I would definitely call on this company again for future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Deck addition with composite decking. Footings, framing, and siding enclosure.

11/10/2010

Mario V.

1. Tile backslash, didn't wait for all tile pieces, because of that tile was wrong size and laid out incorrectly 2. Sink Install was crooked, redone again, scratched counter-top, sink still crooked, redid it myself, 3. Shower Tile installation, crooked install, uneven (not flat) grout lines don't geometrically match up. 4. Shower dish and shelf, not installed, tile placed prior to it arriving. 5. Shower sealant, sloppy, overspread, poor cleanup. 6. Grout work amateurish at best, had to re-grout myself. 7. Wanted to use green Sheetrock behind tile, I insisted on cement board. He had never heard of Durock. 8. Laminate counter-top scarred during sink reinstalls, edge burned with router when edge was finished. 9. Work Planning, come and go as he wished. Do not provide a key. Ask for schedule so I could be present, found him twice in the house without notifying me as requested. 10. Ended contract, work project incomplete. Had other's finish the work. 11. Ended up changing the locks on the house because of his use of subcontractors and inability to honor my requests to notify me of his work schedule.

Description of Work
Bath remodel, bedroom remodel, carpet install.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, remodeling

11/10/2009

j I.

The company provided good workmanship. They were on time and were very dependable. I will use this company again.

Description of Work
I hired this Ray Harty to replaced a couple of porches and other additional work.

Pressure Plus

Pressure Plus LLC is your local Painting and Pressure washing specialist. We provide services for both interior and exterior for both commercial and residential properties. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with quality work that will last, in the most efficient way possible to save you money.

Offers by Pressure Plus on Angi
    Paint Wise Painting

We specialize in exterior and interior painting. We take pride in the prep as it the most over looked aspect of a painting project. I have over 22 years in the painting trade and have been in business for myself since 2003. We are licensed, bonded and insured. We are owner-operated and take pride in not being a franchise. Keeping your money local.

Offers by Paint Wise Painting on Angi
    Covington Painting and Remodel, LLC

Professional paint job at a neighborly price! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Financing Available

General construction, decks, porches, kitchens, basement finishes, interior paint, trim work, bathrooms, additions, awnings, roof covers, landscaping, snow removal, gutter protection & gutters.

NA