Perrenoud Roofing Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2010

7710 N Freya St

Spokane, WA 99217

Perrenoud Roofing Inc. specializes in all types and styles of roofing. From composition asphalt shingles and flat membrane roofing to tile, metal and copper roofing. Perrenoud Roofing Inc. also installs and cleans gutters. With many styles and colors of roofing and gutters we are your one stop roof

01/03/2022

Michael K.

They did an excellent job and did what they said they would do. They came through with the estimate as promised which was the lowest price. They worked fast and efficiently and I have no complaints. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced the roof on our home.

05/21/2018

Carla D.

Took off 26 year old metal roof with skip sheeting and replaced with OSB and architectural shingles. Also did the same on a shed. Very conscientious workers, arrived daily when said they would, and did a great job. The roof looks wonderful and we are very pleased. Very professional job.

Description of Work
Re-roofed home

12/08/2015

Mike E.

Had a leak around the skylight that could not be easily found. I called for 3 estimates and this was the only one to bring a ladder and get up on the roof to inspect(1 company did it over the phone using google maps !). Nathan arranged for his team to come over and cover the suspected area of the leak, until they could start the work. When it rained the following day, the leak was still present and Nathan answered my call immediately and sent someone round to expand on the temporary cover. His team called me the following week with an expected start date, about 3 weeks out. They actually started the work within 2 weeks. The new roof was put on in a couple of days. The roofers cleaned up everything afterwards. Nathan came back after the work was done to ensure that I was happy with everything . The roof has now been on for over 6 months and is one of the few in the area post Windstorm that is intact. The whole experience was an excellent one and would use them again.

Description of Work
Put on a new roof, covered the leak while waiting to start the work.

Category roofing, skylights, roof cleaning

10/13/2015

Chris S.

Contractor did an excellent job at a price that was very competitive. Clean-up was thorough.

Description of Work
Re-shingled our roof (overlay)

04/30/2015

chuck C.

They were very professional. Detailed list of work to be done. They completed the job in one day and clean. You could not tell they were here. Follow up the next day with salesman for any questions or concerns.

Description of Work
Reroof on my home

12/21/2014

Bill S.

The knowledgeable crew met or exceeded all expectations of quality materials, workmanship, and cleanup. |

Description of Work
Perrenoud Roofing, very professionally, installed a second layer of three tab shingles on my residence. The old roofing was 20 + years old and deteriorating.

11/21/2014

Pamela S.

Took a a couple of days longer than quoted, but it's a huge roof and the workers had to work in freezing, literally---freezing, weather. They cleaned up quite will and were careful to protect plants and landscaping. They accidentally ripped a screen, but took care of it without any problem. Joe Gipson, the estimator, was especially responsive and helpful. He stayed with the project from the estimate through completion and even walked the property and checked the completed project personally to make sure it was to my satisifaction. This company was recommended originally by a realtor. I wasn't even referred by Angie's List. But when a Company does a great job, even without having to worry about what might be stated on Angie's List, they deserve a good review. This job was done on my personal residence, but I have several rental properties in the area, which will likely need roof work at some point in the future. Perrenoud Roofing will be the first name I think of when it comes to anything related to any roof in the future. This is definitely a first-class roofing company. They treat their customers well and do what they agree to do for the price they agree to charge. Good faith and fair dealing are not always found in the Spokane area, so it was truly refreshing to work with this company.

Description of Work
Completely removed and replaced roof tiles down to plywood. House is two story 4,100 sq. ft. high end home with gables and varying pitch. Used IKO shingles and the new roof is considered a "40 year roof". Used a nailing technique that guarantees the new roof will withstand 130 mph wind. It took only 60 mph wind to take the shingles off the old roof, so this was a welcome idea.

06/16/2014

Ellen B.

Will let you know after the job is completed.

Description of Work
This provider is going to put a new roof on our 10 year old home. The original roof was done wrong and we have had several problems with leakage. Ugh! Perrenoud came out last year to give us an estimate, got up on the roof and showed my husband how the roof was done incorrectly causing our problems. When we heard the estimate, we said that we didn't want to charge the amount because we are Dave Ramsey listeners and had just gotten out of debt. He totally understand and shored up our leaking spot to get us through last winter until we had the money saved for a new roof. I called him recently after we had saved the money, and they agreed to give us the same price as they quoted us last year. We thought that very kind of them. We will have our new roof put on the end of this week. They said they would clean up the mess and leave everything spotless. I believe they will do just that. I will return to this site and review them AFTER the job is done as well, but I have been VERY impressed with their way of doing business!!!

05/21/2014

Linda T.

It was a big job, we have a multi level house. They got in, got it done, cleaned up, and were gone. Very professional. Had to coordinate with painters, but it all worked out, and I'm very happy. There were a million nails everywhere from the tear down, but so far haven't found one, they did a great job cleaning up after they were done.

Description of Work
cleaned moss off roof, pulled down gutters, flashing, put new flashing up, reinstalled gutters.

01/13/2014

Russell F.

Worker showed up on time, worked quickly, and finished the job without issue despite it being mixed slushy snow and rain that day. Then he was careful to clean up any mess left from the job. Great value and professional contractor.

Description of Work
Removed old metal chimney that penetrated our roof, installed reinforced plate to cover hole and color matched roofing.

12/03/2013

Robert M.

It went great! The four-man crew was there early and worked hard every day. Originally scheduled for 4 days but were finished in three - just before the weather turned really bad. Very happy with results.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on my barn.

09/21/2013

Karen B.

The company was prompt, and on schedule. Their crews were thorough, and clean up was excellent. A very pleasant company to work with. I had had them do a garage several years ago. Their reliabilty and work were the same here.

Description of Work
The company removed 4 layers of roofing (probably back to its 1910 construction date) and replaced decking and quality roofing.

09/02/2013

Charlie C.

Did not go well. They quoted me on re-roofing my small house. I chose them mostly because they had in stock some of the hard-to-find soffit material that needed to be replaced in a few spots. Tear-off crew arrived and they were all Mexicans that did not speak English as far as I could tell. Tear-off went fine, and they did a good cleanup, ending with a magnetic roller device that picks up all the nails. I have only found two nails since the job was finished, which is extraordinary in my experience. Next came the soffit material. They replaced quite a few boards along the edges. I checked out the material while it was still on the ground and verified that it was indeed the same material that was already installed on the house. Once it was installed, I looked at it from a distance and it looked a little odd but I didn't give it much thought, since I had just verified it was the right stuff the day before. In hindsight, I should have gotten on a ladder and taken a closer look, but after all, these guys were supposed to be professionals and I was paying thousands of dollars so I figured they must know what they are doing. Turns out they didn't install the soffit material correctly - they installed it upside down! Nobody noticed, including the sales guy that wrote up my order - he had been out to the job and had looked at the newly installed soffit material and he also did not notice until I pointed out the mistake after the job was done. So the rest of the job proceeds- sheathing, tar paper, edging, shingles, flashing on both chimneys. The sales guy wanted to come over and get paid, so I looked over the job. There was some material left on the roof that needed to be removed before it blew down, and two areas of the old soffit material that were damaged and needed to be replaced, were not replaced. It looked like they had been knocked loose during the stapling of the shingles. So the guy comes over and I point out the damaged areas, and we came up with a repair plan where they would insert small pieces of the soffit material and quot;within a couple days, no later than the weekendand quot;. It was at this time I noticed the soffit material did not look the same as the old material, which I found baffling. I didn't say anything at that point because I wanted to look at the new soffit material myself - he had offered to leave me a couple pieces of the material for future repairs so I took him up on it. He was to bring over the soffit material when they did the minor repairs and quot;within the next few daysand quot;. All seemed fine and he was a nice guy and they had a warranty, so I went a head and paid him - BIG MISTAKE! NEVER PAY PERRENOUD UNTIL ALL ASPECTS OF THE JOB ARE FINISHED!!! I didn't hear from them for over a month. Finally, after several and quot;reminderand quot; phone calls, they showed up (when I was gone) and did the minor repairs (incorrectly). I called the guy to come out to see the poor job they did and asked him to please bring out the two pieces of soffit material he had promised. He shows up the next day and I pointed out the poor job that was done and he said they would fix it (they never did). He pulls out the soffit material and I checked it out and it was the same stuff as what was already on the house, but his workers had installed all of the soffit material upside down. Big problem! So we have a meeting the next day and he himms and haws and talks about his warranty, all the while telling me it doesn't look bad and nobody would notice and it was no big deal that all the soffit material was installed upside down. I pointed out that I chose his company specifically because they had the correct soffit material, and reminded him that I paid for the proper soffit material and its installation. So then he switches over to telling me, fine, they will replace all the soffit material, but it would require tear-off of about a third of the roof, and he repeatedly told me it would threaten the structural stability of the roof because the sheathing would have to be cut. I didn't understand that because they had to cut the sheathing to install it, so what was different now? I was telling him I thought it could be repaired in place, but he would have none of that - it was tear apart the roof and threaten the structural integrity or it was nothing. Fine - he leaves and the (now major) repair is scheduled and quot;in a couple weeksand quot;. The repair that will weaken my new roof and threaten its structural integrity. The next day, just for giggles, I grabbed one of the pieces of soffit material and went to a lumber store and asked the guys there about the whole situation. They found me some trim strips that will fit perfectly in the one edge, and they said a guy could take a router and guide and could make the grooves in the upside-down soffit material, and by doing those two things it would look nearly identical to the original material - all without tearing off one third of my new rood and threatening the structural integrity. Once all the soffit was painted, nobody would even notice. I immediately left a message for Perrenoud telling them to hold off because I think I have a solution. Never heard from them again. I work 12-14 hours a day, so I have not gotten around to putting up those trim strips and routing the grooves, so it's been months now and my roof is STILL not finished. Plus I shouldn't have to do it - there is a perfectly good solution that doesn't require removing any of the new roof and would only take a couple hours and about 30 dollars in material. But they already indicated they were not willing to do anything except tear apart my new roof and threaten its structural integrity, so I guess we're at a standstill and I am stuck with doing it myself or hiring a contractor to do it. Sorry, I can't recommend Perrenoud Roofing as a reliable contractor. Note: The only reason I am giving them a D instead of an F is because the roofing job, not counting the soffit, was solid, and that magnetic roller thing does prevent problems with rouge nails in your yard and driveway. Your mileage may vary, but for me it was a bad experience - communication was poor, and follow-through was non-existent, plus the roofing job is still not done to this day, months later. FRUSTRATING!!

Description of Work
Re-roofed my small house, replaced some soffit panels (incorrectly).

08/08/2013

Christine L.

It took Joe some weeks to come and do the job but when he did it was excellent. Also he bid the lowest quote for the job from the 3 other Angie's List recommendations.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking roof issue

07/29/2013

Ellen B.

See above. Perrenoud put a piece of sheet metal under the roofing where the leak is taking place to get us by until next summer when we will have enough money saved to put on a new roof entirely. Our home is only 10 years old, but the original roofer did a lousy job, and we have had multiple leaking problems.

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate for a new roof which we are waiting to put on next summer (gotta save the money first). We were VERY impressed and pleased with Nathan. He seemed like a trustworthy young man who knew his roofing. Our initial experience was very good.

05/07/2013

laqvette C.

Joe and all of the workers were excellent at their jobs and left everything very clean I would recommend them to one and all

Description of Work
A beautiful new roof everyone was on tome workeed very haerd to finish in a timely manner and did a fantastic job

12/02/2012

gordon P.

Took a few days. It was okay except they had replaced the skylights with the wrong size (too small), which looked ridiculous from inside). When I complained, they fixed it and did not charge any money until fixed. A year later, I noticed that the edges of the roof were curling upwards. I called them, and they fixed it no charge.

Description of Work
Replace leaking roof with TPO roof.

Category roofing, skylights

11/12/2012

Paulette B.

Overall, I am very satisfied and would use them again. They were flexible with their payment plan.

Description of Work
They gave the best bid. They were honest about not having to remove the first roof. Two other people said, "The first roof will have to go." That simply wasn't true; code allows for two roofs total. Anyway, they also bid using the same superb materials the other two bid, and their price wasn't marked up. The other two bids said the material costs more than Perronoud said it did. The job looks FABULOUS. The only down side was that I started paying (and the good part is that they accepted monthly payments), but they didn't start until I had already made two monthly payments out of six, which made me a bit nervous.

10/30/2012

Carol B.

Joe was quick to respond to my inquiry, setting a time to do an estimate and called before he came the next day. He measured the roof, checking for soundness too. My old roof was 34 years old and in terrible shape, although it had never leaked some of the trim was rotten. Joe came and brought samples of roofing when the contract was signed after going over each detail. He even agreed to remove the roof vents and install ridge venting without changing the bid. The two man crew was here in three days, escorted by Joe. He went through job with the crew before leaving. For three days they were here precisely at 8:00 working until 5:00. The first day they removed the old roofing, plastic gutters, rotten trim and metal vents. The old roofing was carried to the end of the house and dropped into a trailer. Nothing was dropped onto the yard. They then covered the roof with the 30 lb paper. It took two days to install the new roof but they worked until it was done, the last day was a Saturday but were here. Each day they cleaned up after themselves leaving everything neat. A few days later the gutter crew arrived, installing new gutters working in a rain storm and into the dark evening. They joked saying it helped to be sure they drained well. My entire experience with this company was exceptional and I would highly recommend them for any roofing job.

Description of Work
Perrenoud roofing removed my old roof, vents, trim and gutters. They then put down 30 lb paper and new roofing material. Finally a crew came putting in new gutters. The entire process was done quickly, efficiently and is beautiful. I was kept informed during the entire process, and called each time before workman came. The roofers were very punctual, professional and polite. Joe, the estimator, was here the day following my inquiry. He measured the roof, drew a plan and checked to be sure the under wood was sound. His bid came via email the next day. It was clear, much better than the other bids, checking off exactly what would be done and the costs. Joe checked on each step and kept me informed. This company is awesome and I'd recommend Perrenoud Roofing to anyone needing a new roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/25/2012

dolores M.

The sates manager, Joe Gipson, was prompt to respond to my request for a roofing estimate. He came to my home both to discuss the scope of work required and then to deliver the firm's work scope and cost bid. I solicted bids from two other roofing companies, but once I selected Perrenoud Roofing, the work was scheduled at my convenience and completed promptly and professionally.

Description of Work
work performed: checked for asbetos; removed 3 layers of composite singles, l layer of wood shingles; promptly removed roof debris; installed ice and water sheild on eves; resheeted roof and installed 30lb felt; installed GAF Timberline shingles; and a new custom gutter system

Category gutter repair, roofing

08/20/2012

Janel D.

After seeking several estimates on replacing the roof on our 50 year old home, we selected Perrenoud Roofing Inc.to do the job. Nathan gave us a detailed estimate for the roofing project, fascia work, and rain gutters. He was able to work us into his company's schedules in a timely manner, getting the project started within about a week. His crews (roofing crew, metal fascia/raingutter crew) were punctual and hard-working. They actually worked some long hours and completed the work ahead of schedule, in spite of some very hot summer weather conditions. Nathan always made himself available for any questions and followed through to completion on the project exactly as promised on the contract. We were very pleased with his companys products, their work quality, and overall integrity. Based on all the estimates we had, we believe we got a quality product for the most competitive value. We love our new roof. Our house looks great!

Description of Work
1. Old roof removed, hauled away2. Plywood sheeting replaced where needed3. New roof installed4. Metal fascia installed on all eves and gables 5. Seamless rain gutters and downspouts installed 6. Installed (and painted) new siding on one gable.

08/14/2012

Linda T.

, very happy.overall. Could be better at returning calls, other than that perfect!

Description of Work
Had 3 layers of roof torn off older home and garage, then new plywood and roof put on. Excellent job, excellent clean up on my rental property.

04/25/2012

Therese B.

The guy that came out to see us was very nice and congenial. It took a long time to get things taken care of. They were not good about communicating and keeping in touch. I wondered when they were going to come back a lot of the time. Now as far as the work they had done, they did a good job. They meet any of our requests and needs and came back to work on areas we noticed that needed to be touched up. They finished the job to our satisfaction. Our only complaint was the communication issue.

Description of Work
They repaired our roof with a type of molding since the areas they worked on were flat.

02/06/2012

Joseph and Mary N.

Since that time, I have called Joe for all roof-related questions. He has personally come to paint the vent pipes, for example. On another occasion we were worried about ice-build-up following a record-breaking snowfall winter. Joe came over that day and guided my husband and me with solutions. last week we had chimney problems and we called Joe. He went up on the roof and inspected it. Today, he came and put caulking around the flashing. Joe remains our and quot;go-toand quot; person for all roofing, chimney questions. He knows what he's talking about. He is trustworthy, and he cares about us, his other clients, his work teams, and his company. I recommend Perrenoud Roofing without hesitation.

Description of Work
Joe Gipson, the Sales Manager, was prompt, friendly,and professional. He explained the work proposal carefully, and listened thoroughly to our needs, questions. We got 4 proposals from reputable roofing companies. All four had been referred by satisfied friends and neighbors. And all four had competitive prices. After careful consideration, we chose Perrenoud Roofing, for the following reasons. 1) Joe assured us that his team would work all day, every day, until the work was completed. They did that. (resheeting, reroofing, new gutters and downspouts) They were courteous, hard workers, and cleaned up the property after each workday. 2) Joe returned my calls right away, or, more often, answered his cell and my questions. He acknowledged how traumatic it is for homeowners to go through the "new roof" process.

10/02/2011

Garlan M.

Starting with the initial visit and look at the existing roof to the last work done (the roofing and installation of the rain gutters) Perrenoud Roofing performed the work professionally, cleanly, friendly, with honesty and most important to me attention to detail. On Joe's first visit for the estimate he explained the work flow and was very patient in listening to and answering my questions. His knowledge, honest assessment, and explanations of the potential problems we may encounter after getting up on the roof impressed me and weighed heavily in my decision to go with Perrenoud Roofing. The quote was fair and showed he had really listened to my questions. Joe was also great at keeping me informed of problems we encountered (Dry rot and Carpenter ants) and progress during the entire process. Ray and Raymodo, the carpenters, worked hard and efficiently, with pride in their workmanship and kept the area clean each day. Ray answered my questions with language I could understand. The roofers did a fantastic job on the roof. This roof has a neat architectural feature in that the roof ridge sticks out further at the peak but they trimmed the shingles everywhere so that the whole house looks better and the roof edges are great. Lastly the new, seamless rain gutters look and function well. It is much quieter when rain gutters are present. All in all this was a great experience and I will recommend Perrenoud Roofing to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
First was the carpentry work to repair the dry rot and delaminated roof sheathing which were caused by me waiting too long in getting a new roof. The removal of the old shingles and putting in the new OSB and tarpaper was done in sections each day, so we never had to worry about rain overnight. Because of the dry rot carpenter ants had moved in. The carpenter ants were handled separately by Terminix. The new roof and installation of a ridge vent were next. The seamless rain gutters were installed last.