JAS Services Total Lawn Care

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2011

4622 North Sullivan

Spokane, WA 99216

Certified Landscape Management Technician with a highly qualified team that always does the job right! You have no worries using JAS Services Total Lawn Care. We do not say we're finished until you're happy. We also have a Facebook profile that allows our customers to share our completed projects

07/24/2013

Crystal A B.

I am very sad to have to give this rating. Jeremy has twice provided services for which I was very satisfied (rediscovery and reworking of 30 y/o previous owner installed irrigation system [read nightmare] and fall line blow out) and at least once gave him an excellent, deserved review. After a late spring system check I had several sprinkler heads needing replacement or repair. First call was not responded to in two weeks. 2nd call returned the next day, saying he hadn't received the first call. Happens. We chatted and set an appt for 'after 2 pm' on a Thursday (the following day), saying he would call when enroute. I had informed him I'd be gone until early afternoon, so I texted him upon my arrival home that we were good to go. Response was 'o.k.' No call, no show all afternoon. No call or appearance Friday or Saturday. First of the next week I followed up with two phone calls. To date, now July 24, No response. I gave up and called another service. Life happens and I understand with this type of work things often do not go as planned. Being too busy, I get. Job too small? I get. But not showing up and no explanatory call, I don't.

Description of Work
Date is general; called over several weeks time.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

02/18/2013

Stephanie H.

The company underperformed. My lawn had huge, yellow, dead spots the entire summer. I often would need to pull weeds the day following their visit. The sprinklers never functioned properly. We called them on several occasions to discuss the areas we felt they were not giving proper attention with little or no change in the results. The team occasionally skipped weeks of service without notifying us ahead of time. They rarely came to the house at the same time each week, so it was difficult to plan for them. They once came on a Friday evening at 8pm when we were hosting friends for dinner in the back yard and their presence was very disruptive. They charged a great deal for their services (about $600/week) and we felt we should have had a better looking yard for the price we were paying.

Description of Work
I hired this company to care for my yard. This company was supposed to mow the lawn, weed and tidy up the beds, trim the trees and vegetation and evaluate, improve and maintain the sprinkler system.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

01/31/2013

Nancy C.

Very professional and complete job. The leaves had not really been cleared from around bushes and along fence for years. It was getting ready to snow and the wind was blowing. Nice job in difficult circumstances.

Description of Work
Leaf removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

10/31/2012

Catherine S.

I didn't sign up with Angie's list to write essays about my experience.... We called for an estimate. They came. They did the work. We paid them.

Description of Work
Work and clean-up were done professionally. Weather prevented their coming at the agreed time, but they called several times to keep us in the loop.

Category roof cleaning

Thank you for your Review! I am glad you are pleased. I will work harder to get straight A's next time. Jeremy Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

10/31/2012

Cindy S.

Did nothing for me

Description of Work
Contacted them and never heard from them in reply...even liked them on facebook...:>(

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Sorry you feel this way, after searching our recent list I am dumbfounded about your review. Did we have an appointment?? Who did you speak with?? What job were we supposed to do? I am always willing to make everything right but I have no idea what you are referring to. I can be reached at 509 599 0588 Jeremy, Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

10/14/2012

irene A.

Very well, exterior painting is not something JAS Services usually does but they did a very good job. My old 1935 house now looks almost like new.

Description of Work
Scraped and sanded off old, peeling paint. Painted stucco and wood siding and foundation. Used that Restore paint.

Category house painters

Thank you for the Review! Painting your house was an experience! I am also very pleased with how it came out along with the landscaping transformation. You have been a great client to work for. Jeremy Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

10/07/2012

Laurie M.

Yes,yes,yes! My mother was sooooo happy.i received a call from my 80 year old mother on Friday saying she was going to sell her house. she just couldnt keep up with all the yard work any more.myself living in Alaska not able to get to her for what she needed I said hey listen I have a membership on Angie's list let me see what I can find. I found two companies in her area that looked good. she called both and only one took her call and thank the lord that was the right choice?Jas took her call made appt for Saturday to come look at job and on Sunday not even a scheduled day of work for them they showed up at my moms at 8:00am -5:00 . My mother called me every hour to let me know how happy she is and they were doing a fabulous job I can't say enough about the joy they brought me by doing a great job and my mom is happy once again and that now she has a yard crew she will be able to count on in the very near future .I think she is going to use them a couple times a month as requires her to... Thanks again for the fantastic job ...... Laurie in Alaska

Description of Work
Winter yard clean up

Category lawn service

Great Review! She was a very fun lady to work for which made the job fun! I am glad she was pleased and hope we can help again. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Jeremy Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

09/07/2012

Crystal A B.

Contracted JAS Services (Jeremy) due to previous Angie's reviews and ratings. Initial issue: Our newly purchased house's front irrigation system wasn't (irrigating). Made contact with my 2nd call and Jeremy and Marco came out the next morning, which was quicker than I anticipated. Instead of a simple misunderstanding with the sprinkler control boxes (4 of them) I expected, they patiently spent 4 1/2 hours locating and in many cases unearthing sprinkler heads overgrown by sod and soil; locating and repairing leaks (low pressure on one half of the front yard was a puzzle until two 'flood' spots appeared, which were found caused by the previous owner not clamping line ends); advising I had no valve to prevent water backflowing into the house, and discussing the pros and cons of maintaining or replacing the leaky valves and manifolds. Through the discovery process it was clearly evident that the owner-installed 'system' had no logic or sense to its creation which complicated the process and solution. Devised a plan to replace the existing valves and manifolds, dismantle the front yard sprinkler box of brick and mortar (through which 4 irrigation lines ran, permanently fixed) and replace it with conventional boxes, a backflow valve, and replacing two outdated control boxes with a new single box. Plan also included replacement of sod and repair of any line damage caused by excavation of front yard in installation of geo-thermal system. Third part of the plan covered a section of the yard that had two runs of irrigation line (that only covered 2/3s of that section) and a non-existant, should-have-been third line for the remaining 1/3 of that section. One existing line was relocated. The center line was capped and a new line installed to cover the neglected area. New heads on all insure overlapping coverage of the entire area. Two things to keep in mind with landscaping work: 1-In working on, or dealing with, an existing system, especially one 'inherited' from a previous party whose methods are unknown, to say one must expect the unexpected is a cliche, but still, calming advice. Unlike starting from scratch, previous poor design, sloppy work, or other unexpected factors won't be known until one is 'in there'. One can hope for concrete estimates, but flexibility of budget (doesn't necessarily mean great flexibility) helps. 2-Construction of any type often doesn't go 'to schedule'. Case in point, their 1st visit was 4.5 hrs, not my anticipated hour or two. When expecting a call back or time to start, realize the previous client's 'case' may be taking longer then anticipated. Jeremy was great fun to work with. Personable, enjoys educating an interested client in how things work, nor does he mind a client hanging around, chatting and watching the discovery or repair. Marco is a hardworking, diligent man. Both were professional, easy to converse and discuss with. The work was done timely and well. Prompt. They have since returned once for a minor issue related to lines in the back yard. Worked me into the schedule. I have at least two other future projects I definitely have in mind for JAS Services.

Description of Work
Determined 'layout' of previous owner installed irrigation system covering 1.5-2 acres. Replaced 17 leaky 1980s era valves and 3 manifolds. Disassembled a brick and mortar sprinkler 'box', located buried sprinkler heads, replaced missing and broken heads, relocated 1 sprinkler line, capped a 2nd, replaced two old and poorly installed sprinkler controls with a single model. Located and repaired unclamped irrigation lines; repaired irrigation lines and re-sodded front yard 'abused' from installation of geo-thermal heat pump system.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Thanks for the review! Your project was interesting lol! Although once we found your sprinklers it was easier...until we figured out that the previous irrigation design didn't make much sense. I am glad you are pleased and look forward to doing more work for you. You also made it very nice to work for so thank you! Jeremy Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

08/16/2012

Dion M.

Overall I have been pleased with the work of Jeremy and his employees as I've had them perform my lawn service going on 3 years in a row now and will continue to utilize their services in the future.

Description of Work
I started using JAS Services back in the Spring of 2010 for yard work and landscaping. As a local law enforcement officer, I trusted Jeremy and his staff to be on my property without any direct supervision. The owner, Jeremy, was very professional and courteous. I've had JAS Services perform my yearly lawn maintenance, to include lawn mowing, fertilization, aeration, power raking, sprinkler blow-out, and also snow removal of my driveway in the winter time.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, snow removal

I appreciate your review as it has been awesome seeing the transformation of your yard over the past few years. Soon you will have the sounds of water flowing and I am sure you will be pleased with the peacefulness it brings. Thank you for allowing us to complete all the projects so far and I am glad you are pleased with our service!

08/16/2012

Dion M.

I was very pleased with the outcome of the fence project, from start to finish. The crew was professional, hard working, and completed the project ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Jeremy and his crew of JAS Services installed my 6' foot cedar fence, to include 3 gates.

Category fencing, irrigation systems

Thanks for your review! We look forward to continuing your landscape project and get your new water features started. Jeremy Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care

07/23/2012

Rebecca C.

I would not recommend this company to anyone! The owner is very unprofessional and does not return calls when he states that he will. He also prefers to text you instead of calling which is just plain annoying. He set up an appt and then just decided that he didn't want the job I guess because he never showed up or answered his phone,and left us waiting for him to show up. When he did give his "estimate" it was a range instead of a set price. Obviously the other reveiws on here were made up because this guy is not somebody that anyone would want to work with. So do your self a favor and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!

Description of Work
Needed landscaping and sprinkler system worked on

Category landscaping

Our Services cost money and I did give you an estimate which you stated you could not afford. I also mentioned depending on the work we did your estimate would be between x-xx. The work to be done was not clearly stated so I advised you what we would recommend. I then worked with you to create a solution and a price you could afford and we agreed on $300. Seems simple. I then told your daughter (her house is the one we were going to work on) that we would complete the task soon and would let her know when after looking at our schedule. This was a Saturday. I spoke to you Saturday and you requested we complete the all the work and you would pay us later, we usually do not work this way but I kindly agreed. I also mentioned to you that I would check our schedule and let you know what day we could start.On Monday you called me and said you found someone else to do the job. I replied "Oh okay" and you hung up. We do use texting often as a way for our client to clearly state what they want when a client can not meet us at the job site. It is also a convenient way to communicate with a busy client. When customers state they do not text, we use the phone. As I stated to you, your yard needs a lot of work and would work to assist you bringing it back, but we are a company and our services do cost money. I wish you the best. Jeremy, Owner JAS Services Total Lawn Care.

05/18/2012

Renee H.

Description of Work
I would highly recommend JAS for any of your yard or landscape needs. Jeremy and the crew have thoroughly cleaned and hauled debris from my yard. Rebarked my beds, fixed and maintained my fountain, rewired some outdoor lighting as well as repaired a portion of my fence. Additionally, they have provided me with information regarding product choice while being conscious of my budget. I now have JAS doing my weekly yard maintenance and upkeep. They have been incredibly responsive to my needs and provide a good quality product and service for the price you pay. I have already recommended JAS to friends and will continue to do so.

Category fencing, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, tree service, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

It has been fun working for you! I wish we could post pictures as the end result sure was stunning! Thank you for your business and we look forward to continuing to work for you. Jeremy

05/16/2012

Elizabeth M.

Jeremy was prompt at coming out for the initial quote and explained how he would complete the job. He took into account the wind we typically have into his sprinkler placement. He was very willing to tweak the design of our system and lawn design to meet our budget. When we made design changes, he was quick to give us an adjusted ballpark quote and then followed up with a more detailed quote for the changes.The crew was very professional. They worked efficiently and cleaned up after themselves daily. Everyone was polite. The crew worked hard and spent long hours at our house. Because the weather didn't cooperate, they ended up working both Sat. and Sunday to finish up our lawn.We are extremely pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Graded yardInstalled top soil and leveled yardInstalled a 5 zone irrigation systemInstalled 2 zones of stubbed irrigation linesInstalled sod and curbing; applied fertilizer and watered the new grassTested irrigation system and fixed issues

Category excavators, landscaping, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

Thank you so much! The weather was a fun battle and I am glad you all are pleased with the job. You guys were great clients to work work and let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Thanks again, Jeremy

05/04/2012

Tavifa S.

very happy customer

Description of Work
These guys came out right away to look at my project. Price was giving right away and the knew their stuff... I was impressed with speed and quality work they did.... I have recommended them to my friends and will do so more. In the future if i get another house, I'll know where to call... as well as snow plow... did and does amazing job...

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, landscaping, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, tree service, snow removal, outdoor lighting

Thank you! I am glad you are pleased. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Jeremy

04/23/2012

Jakki A.

They hit the ground running, literally! In less than an hour, they mowed the lawn, cleaned the flower beds, and edged the sidewalks. They hauled away all the clippings. The yard looks a thousand times better already.

Description of Work
The JAS crew mowed our lawn, and did a light cleaning of the flower beds.

Category lawn service

Appreciate the review! I am glad we could help. Be sure and let us know if there is anything else you would like done. Thanks, Jeremy

04/13/2012

Susan K.

Please read my review as posted above.

Description of Work
I wrote a previous review of this company and rated them an F for non responsiveness however I have since seen the response by them and wish to revoke my previous bad rating. To date they have not done any work for us however I do intend to contact them for an estimate on weekly lawn care and will then hopefully start fresh. I wanted to put N/A due to lack of experience however I was required to rate them so I chose a C with no first hand knowledge and out of fairness and based on other reviews expect them to be rated much higher once we have personally dealt with them.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Contact us anytime, we would enjoy maintaining your property. We are currently setting up our weekly maintenance schedule and hope to add you to our list. Thanks, Jeremy

08/17/2011

Ann E.

Overall, our property was brought back to life. Tall weeds, overgrown beds, large bushes, broken sprinkler lines, a broken waterfall feature- all were repaired and brought under control. It took them about two weeks to get control of the weeds and another few weeks working one day a week to get the grass and beds restored. Steve and Marcos were there every time they were scheduled and they worked quickly and efficiently. Both were able to see what was needed and work independently. My "Honey Do List" was long and they completed everything I had for them. I found it helpful to send Jeremy, the owner, an email with a list of what I wanted done because he actually took the list to the job site and checked off everything as it was done. I also worked along side them when I could because occasionally some of the things that were needed were better explained by me in person. I certainly got what I asked for AND MORE!

Description of Work
My husband and I own a house in Spokane that had been used as a rental. The 3/4 acre yard was completely overgrown with weeds, the waterfall feature would not work, some of the sprinkler lines were broken, and in general "it was a mess." JAS Services gave a timely quote for what was needed- work to be done in phases- and the yard was systematically restored to its beautiful self. I have nothing but praise for the company. Their workers Steve and Marcos were exceptional individuals that I trusted to do what they were asked to do. They were able to take a simple direction like "redo the area around the barn" and turn it into a beautifully finished bed with borders and even rock steps using rocks that were left lying around the property. I gave a minimum of directions and they could work independently until the job was completed. In addition to landscaping and yard work, they did any job I asked them to do- from changing light bulbs, moving heavy boxes, putting up bird feeders, setting up a microwave, hanging a hammock, shoveling gravel- they were willing to do anything that was needed. Jeremy, the owner, would tell me if a job needed to be done by someone other than his men and he had exceptional contacts for every area of need. He brought in an arborist who was remarkable. He brought in a competent general contractor for quotes on deck and house remodeling. I thought it interesting that they also offer services for seniors and homebound individuals. No job was too small or too large. We are continuing to use JAS Services on a Weekly Maintenance Plan to keep our yard manicured and landscaped. Stay tuned for a later update. I highly recommend this company.

Category handyman service, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, pressure washing, roof cleaning

Thank you for the review and thanks for using us again! We have had much fun over the past year and your landscaping is looking amazing. You guys have been so much fun to work with. Jeremy

06/17/2011

Dawn B.

The fence installation is a small piece of the project being handled by JAS Services. I am very happy with the work performed and the work is guaranteed for the life of the fence. If anything goes wrong, I can call and it will be resolved.

Description of Work
I had a new fence installed. I had a friend remove the old one and JAS Services install a new one. In the process of obtaining a permit for the work, it was discovered that my yard extended approximately 6 feet beyond the old fence line. So not only did I get a new fence, I got a bigger yard! Very happy with the service.

Category fencing

A year later and the fence still looks brand new. I appreciate your review and thanks again for allowing us to work for you. Jeremy

06/17/2011

Dawn B.

I am extremely satisfied with the job that has been done to this point. I have no reason to believe the remaining work will be anything less than what I've seen so far. All employees are friendly and hard-working. They are a great bunch of guys/gals and fun to work with. My entire house has under gone an entire transformation. In addition to all the work JAS Services has performed on the exterior, he has been able to refer me to others capable of doing some of the work I wanted done on the inside of the house. Not only am I happy, I have received mutiple comments from the neighbors. As a matter of fact, one of the neighbors has visitors in from out of town and they wanted a "tour" and were impressed with the work that was completed to that point. I would highly recommend JAS Services to anyone looking for quality landscaping work.

Description of Work
The project was a LARGE one. I initially called JAS Services for an estimate on having a sprinkler system installed. During that conversation I mentioned that I had someone else coming to bid the fence and was told JAS Services could do that as well. While we were discussing the condition of my yard (which did need a great deal of help), a suggestion was made that I might consider tearing up the yard and having it leveled and sodded. My entire piece of property is about 1/3 of an acre. I liked the idea as I knew there holes in the front yard that you couldn't see until you had stepped into one and then it was too late. We also discussed the condition of my driveway which was severely cracked and totally unlevel. I decided to go ahead with the project and admittedly is has become much larger than anticipated. I wanted something low-maintenance but as they started working I could start to envision different things and I was out shopping for things to put in the yard while they were tearing it up. Because of all the additions, the project won't be complete for another 3 - 4 weeks; however, the place is looking really nice right now. I have had a new fence installed; a sprinkler system installed; the yard completely tilled, leveled, and sodded; a small water feature was installed in the front of the house; a larger water feature (let's call it a little river) was installed in the back yard; a rose garden has been planted in the back yard and in the center of said rose garden I have my own little version of stone henge, various plants and trees have been planted along the new fence line; a special section has been designated for a hammock; the existing trees were pruned to look a lot nicer (JAS Services contracted out the pruning and I am extremely happy with the job that was done) and still to come is a pergola, a small bird-bath bubbler for the front yard and six water fountains to outline the rose garden. Pictures and be found on JAS Services facebook page. Once there look for anything that references East Maxwell or Maxwell.

Category hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, leaf removal, rototilling, tree service, fountains, hardscaping

Member you have been an amazing customer and so much fun to work with! It has been a pleasure creating your new backyard and we are pleased to see you are happy. Can't wait to see this property in a few years once everything grows together. Thanks again, from all of us at JAS Services Total Lawn Care