College Pro Painters

Founded 1971 • With Angi since August 2005

4.1

1403 S Grand Blvd. Suite 101N

Spokane, WA 99203

Additional DBAs - College Pro Home Painters, College Pro Painters US Ltd, College Pro Painters USA Ltd.

09/28/2019

Signed a contract with Will, from College Pro, he was to scrape, power wash, and prime before painting our home. None of that happened. When painting was done it was flaking off. We had to pay extra to have the trim scraped and painted but that also was not completed. Had to have someone else come out and do the work because Will refused too finish. He made a mess and had paint all over the driveway outside equipment. We tried to contact him several times. We then contacted the main company and were given the district managers number, who informed us that someone would be out to fix all the mistakes. Will came back out and refused to fix anything but instead threatened to put lean on our home. We asked Will if he felt that he did a good job he stated that "No, it could have been better." This was the worst service we have ever had. Had to pay a person who did not complete the job and ended up having to hire someone else to come out and redo it. Don't use this company in Cheyenne, WY. They will not do a good job and you will have to hire someone else.

Description of Work
Needed old paint scrapped, power washed, prime and then was to paint outside and around windows. Had to pay extra to have trim done.

07/27/2017

Steve D.

No power wash was done poor caulking sloppy. Not performing a job that.I ask several times to caulk what was on the agreement. I have them on my video cameras and on Neighbors security cameras. Would not recommend them

Description of Work
Power wash caulking paint trim doors and gutters exterior house

07/03/2017

Toni W.

They did a great job, cleaned up well. Would recommend

Description of Work
We painted the exterior of the house. They did a great job, cleaned up well.

01/09/2017

Arnold A.

They arrived when scheduled, completed work and left the site in good order.

Description of Work
Repaint the whole house.

Category house painters

Thank you for your business and review.

09/14/2015

Kerri C.

It was terrible! Found out later this was one of his first jobs, don't think he was trained. House was streaky, uneven and had runs. He tried to paint the trim in the rain and it all ran down the sides of the house. After quite a few phone calls to the main business, he came out and repainted but it is still not a quality job. Very disappointed about the results.

Description of Work
Painted exterior on a new build

Category house painters

I will reach out to you directly in hopes of resolving your concerns as I am just made aware of them. Thank you.

07/19/2015

Michael M.

Contractor was suppose to start in June and did not start until July 10th. Started the job and never showed up again. They ruined my deck boards. They used to be smooth and now they are all cut up and rough from being ripped apart by the pressure washer. There is old stain residue all over my house, stone walkway, bushes, fence, flowerbeds. The latest contact he said he would be out to finish this weekend (07/18/15) and never showed up. Then he left me a message stating he needed to wait to get money to buy my stain even though I paid a $200. deposit. I am afraid now I will have to hire someone else to complete the job and file a claim against his bond to recoup damages. My contract does not have any management or contact phone numbers other than the franchisee. I am sure there are some college pros that are very good, but this is one to avoid. Do not use: Jared Barker License # Collepp852DT

Description of Work
Hired to clean and re-stain deck, paint ceiling of deck cover.

Category house painters

So sorry to see this experience - we will be addressing this with the franchisee right away and a local GM will be contacting you. 1-800-327-2468 (1-800-32-PAINT) is our contact number and can be routed directly to leave full time staff messages. In this case we will be contacting you now that we are aware of the problem.

06/11/2015

Joseph T.

I found out about them, coincidentally, because the new owners girlfriend was canvassing in my neighborhood when I happened to be starting my search. I gather Paul, the new owner, just took over this franchise and we were one of his first gigs. I ended up selecting them because they were inexpensive and could start immediately, which, since we were trying to get on the market by Memorial Day, made challenging scheduling. My only gripe was that Paul and I played phone tag a fair bit in the early days trying to get scheduling sorted. On the bright side, he found a way to get a crew in two weeks earlier than he had initially indicated, which made a huge difference to us in terms of logistics of our move. I used to paint houses professionally, so I was worried we were going to get a bunch of young kids who didn't know what they were doing. As it turned out, because school was still in session, we ended up with a crew of slightly older gents who were fast, knowledgable and professional. One of them even rebuilt a window that had rotted simply because it bothered him, at no additional charge (which I tipped them for - it looks beautiful). All of my neighbors thought it looked awesome. They cleaned up well. I would totally use them again.

Description of Work
College Pro painted my garage and all of the trim on my 4-bedroom house, as well as one of the additions that was not sided. They also painted the concrete front steps.

Category house painters

Thank you for your business and review!

02/28/2015

FRITZ L.

This was the worst experience I've ever had with a contractor, bar none, and it went on for months. First, the guy who bid the job kept putting it off, over and over. And he was slow to respond, saying his phone got stolen, or his ipad broke. He finally showed up to do the job--alone. No crew. Broken paint sprayer. Said he was going to get a part to fix it. Never heard from or saw him ever again. Multiple calls to him and to College Pro resulted in them sending another guy out, alone. He said he was the director for the Salem area, and was a nice guy. When I returned later that day, I discovered he'd done the sloppiest brush work of anyone I've ever seen in my life, leaving thick globby smears of paint over the entire house. Unbelievable. More calls to College Pro and the Portland area rep...They sent another guy out. Also alone. He had to sand down much of the exterior of our house and repaint it. In the rain. Had to come back to repaint parts that had sloughed off in the rain. His touchups of drips were sloppy, which I'll end up having to sand down this spring and repaint. Finally, several months after paying my deposit, I got a painted house, but not without excessive waste of time on my part, and a still imperfect paint job.

Description of Work
Repaint the body color of our house.

09/19/2014

mary ellen M.

They gave me an extra coat of paint and recommended a better type of paint. They were better than any other type of painting company I have used. Their paint has lasted perfectly for 6 years. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of the house.

Category house painters

Thank you for the business and review. We very much appreciate it!

07/20/2014

Illona W.

The job went very well. Unfortunately for the painters the weather was extremely hot. 4 days in the mid to high 90's. Haruka was really nice to work with. He was punctual with his initial appointments and very thorough with his presentation. He and his crew (Alex and Molly) did an extremely good job of the painting and were cordial and polite. Our house looks wonderful, and we love the new color. My only suggestion would be that the crew be sure that all of the owner's items in the yard and around the house be placed back where they were. I would definitely recommend Haruka and his crew to friends. Lona The job went quite well. Haruka was excellent in the presentation of just what the job would entail. He was extremely courteous and thorough. He was prompt with appointments and very nice to work with. He and his crew (Alex and Molly) did a great job of painting and were good about being sure that everything was covered well. My only suggestion would be that once the job is complete, the owner's items in the yard be put back where they were originally. All in all it was a very nice experience and we love our new color. Thanks. I My

Description of Work
complete preparation and painting of house, garden shed and small fence/arbor/gate

Category house painters

Thank you for the business and review. We very much appreciate it!

07/18/2014

Jill & Rita S.

Everything went very well. The manager Phillip and three ladies came out. The three ladies did the painting with one acting as onsite manager. They were very punctual and they worked very hard through the day. They were also very polite. I never had any issues we talked about many different things and once we discussed it they did the work. The people that work there are all college students and my only concern is that the crew may change so you may not get the same crew I did but as long as management stays I'm sure your service will be a pleasant one

Description of Work
The company painted all the trim on our home and garage

Category house painters

Thank you very much for your review and business (member names removed)!

06/08/2014

Toby L.

These kids really did a poor job. Granted, it will be a different group of kids each summer, but their prices were almost competitive and the work was really poor. I had to ultimate get the work re-done.

Description of Work
they attempted (and failed) to power wash and stain a my fence.

Category pressure washing, house painters

[member name removed], I wanted to reach back out to you as we show no record of ever doing any work for you. As a company, we certainly own up to and address any poor reviews and take action to improve all such experiences as I would like to do in your case. That said, I show no record of having given a bid or doing any work for you across our franchise owners. If you could kindly double check your paperwork and remove negative review if you find it was in fact another company I would appreciate it! Thank you.

05/29/2014

Steve D.

It went pretty well. Their price was considerably cheaper than other bids I've received.

Description of Work
I used the exterior painting service of College Pro Painters. They painted our gate.

Category house painters

Thank you for the business (member name removed)!

05/13/2014

Bonnie B.

They were awesome! They were punctual, kind, very courteous, and cleaned up after themselves. I definitely recommend!

Description of Work
House painting

Category house painters

Your business is greatly valued and appreciated! Thank you for making the investment in our student franchise owners!

05/05/2014

Vicki M.

It was good. They were timely and finished when they said they would. They were personable and easy to work with. I was pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
painted the trim on my house

Category house painters

Your business is greatly appreciated, thank you for it!

05/03/2014

Jill S.

We were flexible with our schedule, I was present for all of the work, and our house is not "perfect" in any way so we didn't need a perfect exterior renewal on our 1907 farmhouse. That said, the job took a day or so longer than quoted, communication was not as easy as I would have liked, some of the things we did communicate about were forgotten (eg, I wanted to see the completed prepped house before painting started), I had to ask for a couple spots to be re-painted because they weren't adequately cleaned/prepared (eg. they painted right over a spider nest instead of cleaning it), and they did clean up but I am still finding paint chips in the garden beds around my house. They were very friendly and responsive when I spoke with them on site. Overall, they are a lower cost option which is great if you don't need to pay for perfection. If you have any exterior repairs to make, I would recommend you hire someone to do those repairs and prep your house before having these painters come and finish the job.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house. Base, trim, foundation each had own colors. No separate color on window sash.

04/02/2014

glen M.

3 of the 4 initial workers quit after day one. One guy completed the job by himself. Calking was a mess. Ruined our front door, but we eventually got them to pay for the door. Trim work was sloppy. Unfortunately, these guys were not painters, just young college students looking for a summer job. Three of the four quit on day one after they discovered painting is hard work, but the company did not replace them. We gave kudos to the young fellow that finished that job alone...that was a big house. We were hoping to support college students and get our house painted, but we were told the students would be experienced painters. Apparently, three of the four had no experience.

Description of Work
painted exterior

03/26/2014

Shane B.

They did an excellent job. They went above and beyond.

Description of Work
They painted our house.

12/02/2013

Shannon B.

Overall, I think the people did a "fair" job. They definitely worked really hard in very hot weather; I felt bad for them. However, they did not have the attention to detail that I would have liked. They got several spots of paint on my deck, lawn and my outside hose. The The team also took 2 days longer than estimated. The original team was replaced by the supervisor and another person to finish up. To his credit, the supervisor did try to clean up the paint splotches and he told me to call him if I found any more. However, I felt really awkward calling him after the fact every time I found some small drip, so I didn't call him. They left the sign that says College Pro Painters that they never picked up and I had to deal with throwing it away. People were all very nice, but I would not use them again.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my house.

10/24/2013

Bruce R.

The guys that did our house did a wonderful job. They did the brush and roll which we wanted. So we were really pleased with that. They painted all of the trim and cleaned up after themselves beautifully. They were good. We were really pleased and they didn’t get paint all over anything. There was no paint drippage anywhere when they were done. They were very careful and very meticulous. The price was reasonable. They were prompt and polite. They were clean. We were here watching what they were doing and we were really pleased with the way they did it and everything. If we needed anything to repaint a part of the house, they would probably the first ones that we would call.

Description of Work
I used College Pro Painters to repaint the whole house. They also power washed the house. They filled the holes before they painted it.

Category pressure washing, house painters

[removed member name] Thank you very much for your business once again and for your review. Should you have any work in the future that needs attending please look to us again.

09/30/2013

Debbie R.

After several reschedules due to conflicting medical appointments the work was completed. We were pleased with the work and provided them with input on how they could improve their service. They did come back and fixed a few that were a result of the pressure washing at no additional cost.

Description of Work
Pressure washed the outside of my house and cleaned the gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

[removed member name] Thank you very much for your feedback. I will work with our team to ensure we continue to develop our systems to ensure everything runs smoothly on every project and all promises are kept the very first time out!

09/03/2013

DOUG C.

I gave them a deposit on an exterior house painting job. They told me that my deposit was to reserve a place on their schedule. Later when my plans changed and I decided not to have the work done, they told me that my deposit was non-refundable. I never got anything for my money, and have avoided working with them since.

Description of Work
They quoted exterior house painting.

Category house painters

I do not know the details as to your interactions back in 1997 but am sorry it was not a positive experience when deciding not to do the work. My hope is that when you do have a project, you would give us the opportunity to show you what good work we do, and how you do not pay completion costs until satisfied. We take just 10% down, and 90% upon completion as our standard.

09/01/2013

Roman K.

The job was ok, but he left the area around the house messy, put the ladder in the flower bed

Description of Work
Washed/cleaned windows

Category window cleaning

08/12/2013

Joyce M.

By May I had heard nothing about scheduling the job. I became more and more leary about having "non professional" painters do this job, so I cancelled the order on May 20 and requested a refund of my 10% downpayment. On July 1, I asked for some kind of response from the franchisee and asked again about the refund. On July 18, he replied he was unable to come up with or refund my deposit yet. ( Which only proves the 10% down was definitely NOT to buy paint.) I already know the 10% was split with the regional manager (given the screw-up in the way my check was processed thru the bank). Based solely on the unprofessional manner in which this whole thing is being handled so far, I certainly could not recommend this operation to such a major job as painting a house.

Description of Work
Three people arrived to give estimate for house painting job. the estimate took almost 2 hours and they talked way too long. They left with a 10% down deposit, supposedly to cover cost of paint when job started.

Category house painters

[remove members name] I appreciate your feedback. I do understand also that a member of our staff was out coaching this franchisee when you had your estimate completed. As we are a franchise system, I assure you no money goes to our main office from the deposits but stays with the local franchisee to help with material costs to ready for the projects they perform in the summer. I can't speak on behalf of this specific franchisee and cause for the delay but do apologize it happened and understand from conversations since that the deposit has been rectified as we addresses when this became known to our support staff.

08/05/2013

Russ H.

Time estimate was 3 days to do the job. Took almost 3 weeks. Power washed the deck they over pressured it and dug groves in the wood and didnt get all the old paint off. Brought us the wrong color and tried to make us pay for the new paint (didnt). Missed areas on high trim and had to come back and paint it. Had to help the painter carry the ladder for the high trim and hold it as he was afraid of heights. Main boss didnt show up when supposed to either late or cancelled. Great stain was supposed to be the best(already wearing off). Didnt clean up the walls of excess spray wood mixture from power wash. Addition was wrong on final bill tried to charge extra $200. We corrected him.

Description of Work
stripped decks (power wash andrepainted), painted some trim on the exterior of house. Job done by local branch of the contracted painters.

Category house painters

[member name removed], I wanted to reach out to you by phone to better understand the problems you experienced and rectify them. From our records, we show no details of your project which is concerning to me. If you would be so kind as to call our service center at 1-800-32-PAINT or locally at 503-226-9960 I would like to first and foremost make sure we did the work for you (which we don't show) and be it us or not, do everything we can to help rectify the problem for you. I'd very much appreciate the call as I have no way of reaching you otherwise.