C & C Yard Care

Founded 1985 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

PO Box 18768

Spokane, WA 99228

Serving Spokane Since 1985. Locally owned and operated with employees that care about getting the job done right. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. The job isn't done until you are happy. Call or click today. TREE SERVICE. SPRINKLER INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE. LAWN MOWING AND FERTILIZING.

09/15/2020

Robin S.

I had three services done by C&C before I canceled everything. Numerous times, during my quote and all phone calls, I asked them about only coming to do services on Monday or Tuesday as I’m home both of those days. Never did they respect my request for either of those days. They never once provided a courtesy call to let me know when they were on their way to provide any service. I did receive a call a day or two prior to them showing up but they did not respect whether I said yes or no. First they came to apply weed killer and fertilizer to the lawn. They left the weed killer particles all over my patio and walkways. I have a dog so I feel like that was super unsafe for them to just leave piles of it everywhere. Then they came to do some stump grinding. They called the day before to say that they would be coming tomorrow… I called and left a message saying that I wouldnt to be home so I don’t want them to come. They came anyway. No courtesy call prior to arriving ever. They had no care about my sprinklers, which were marked, and they covered it with rocks and ruined the pvc safety around the sprinkler. The final thing was pruning and shaping of my trees and shrubs. This was the worst! During the original quote it was mentioned that it would take about 6 to 8 weeks to perform. At eight weeks I had to reach out to find out if it was ever going to happen… They butchered one of my privacy trees in my front yard. Cut one side up 4 to 5 feet and left the other side touching the shrubs. The shrubs have no shape and look awful. The hedges in the back are uneven. They barely did any pruning of the trees whatsoever. There are still dead branches everywhere. The trees are also resting on the hedges. I did call and state that I was very unhappy for each service. The third and final call is when I asked for all of my future services to be canceled as I am unhappy with the service they have provided. The manager called back and said that they’ll cancel everything pending due to me being unhappy. No attempt was ever made to correct the issues. Never once did they send someone out to even check my sprinklers that they ruined on the stump grinding. When I called and said I was unhappy about the tree pruning and shrubs not once did they offer to come fix anything.

Description of Work
Yard care. Stump grinding. Tree pruning. Shrub care.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

08/30/2019

Joseph S.

Horrible customer service. Never hired them because they would not answer questions I had about their bid. I called and emailed several times and never got a call back. My email was answered only after about 1 month from me first sending it. When I called to try to speak to someone about it the person answering the phone was arguing with me about whether or not my questions were answered. Ridiculous. This was potentially $6-7K job - I guess they can afford to throw away business.

Description of Work
Flagstone walkways, curbing, and rock in flower beds

Category landscaping, lawn service

08/26/2019

Roberta S.

It went great! They had to come back a second time, but they fixed it quickly and now it works great.

Description of Work
Repaired broken sprinkler system

Category lawn service

Thanks for allowing us to help! We appreciate your kind review as well.

05/30/2017

Matthew P.

I am known to be a very picky A-Hole when it comes to selecting a business to do work for me. With that said, I am very happy with how professional and respectful the gentlemen were that did the work. I am not easy to please and they were able to do so greatly. The desk receptionist was awesome at getting them scheduled for me and they showed up when they were supposed to. All around great experience when you don't always get that.

Description of Work
Needed a new rotor head for my front yard and 4 new valves for my sprinkler zones.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks for taking the time to write a review [Member Name Removed]! Glad that we could meet your high expectations!

04/27/2017

Nancy N.

They did an awesome job. They also do my weekly lawn care. As a bonus: employees are very pleasant.

Description of Work
Landscaping front yard, tree pruning, upgraded irrigation system, new sod front yard (partial)

Category landscaping

04/17/2017

Gary B.

Chris Corigliano(Owner) has been Outstanding - Scheduling, follow-up customer service was top-notch - A little expensive, but worth it. Guaranteed all work, & backed it up.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system : Lines, heads, timers, etc. Yard: Sod, plants + trees, Landscape rocks, border concrete.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to help with your landscaping needs!

04/13/2017

Bill M.

Heads up phone calls, on time, no what I ask.

Description of Work
6x fertilizer application & winter sprinkler blowout.

Category irrigation systems, lawn treatment

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review! We appreciate your business! Let us know if we can do anything else to help.

04/07/2017

Mike & Gen M.

It went well, the crew that was assigned to install our yard was great. Owner Chis is great too. I appreciate that Chris cares about his employees, and comes along side them and gives a hand to them, if they are having trouble with a certain part of the project.

Description of Work
Installed a new backyard for us.

Category landscaping

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business. Glad that you enjoyed the crew and the outcome of the work!

04/04/2017

B. Arminta W.

They are pleasant workers no matter what the job. Very efficient.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing a wk. + Turf care treatment (4) Core aeration (1) + Shrub and tree are (3) Merit tree treatment (1) + Shrub bed weed control Sprinkler turn on + Sprinkler winterization

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

We appreciate your years of loyal support [Member Name Removed]. You're one of the best! Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

04/04/2017

Mary M.

They showed up when they said they would. Great job. Came back to follow-up.

Description of Work
Planted trees - landscaped backyard - grass - sprinkler sys. - drip system. Over $2500. Service dates are from Summer of '15-'16.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Loved working on your yard [Member Name Removed]. I'm glad you are happy with our design and our crew members. Thank you!

03/28/2017

chris P.

The service was done in a timely, professional manner. The spray tech was ready and willing to answer all questions.

Description of Work
Lawn spray service.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thank you for your business and kinds review!

03/28/2017

Cat M.

My C&C Yard Care people are personable, responsible, and timely. I appreciate the 1 day advance notice so I can make sure my dog is inside. They are friendly and my lawn is beautiful! I also very much appreciate their early bird pay in full option, with a discount.

Description of Work
Last 4 years. Quarterly lawn services of fertilizer and organic weed control

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thank you for your business and great review!

03/26/2017

Jean T.

The work was done quickly and professionally. Very pleased with all aspects of their work. I am also happy with their work doing regular mowing, fertilizing and other yard services.

Description of Work
Tree and bush trimming

03/26/2017

Kelly E.

The foreman or "manager" was called to come look at all of the problems and down played most of them. He was rude and spoke down to us. He was the biggest problem. Prior to installing the sod they did not treat the weeds such as Canadian thistle which led to an infestation of Canadian thistle up through the new sod after it was installed. They installed a partial drip system and left it with all of the tubing exposed ABOVE the bark they put in. After the gentleman installed our pavers ( they told us do NOT let these get wet) his co worker showed up the next morning and turned on the sprinkler system getting the pavers wet which in return flushed the sand out from inbetween the pavers. This continued to happpen several times I could go into greater detail but I won't. His staff were pleasant. The gentleman who installed the pavers did a good job

Description of Work
Sod backyard,install a walkway with pavers, drip system, bark, irrigation

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Whoa! Not a good review! Let me clear up a few things. This job was completed in 2013, not 2017. Our staff worked extensively with this client to make things right. The job came out fantastic with just a few minor issues left to resolve. Admittedly, we did have some problems on this job. However, we also had several changes to the scope of work as the job progressed. This made things difficult for our crew to keep track of the right path to follow. In the end, we made every effort to correct problems and appease the client and her partner. Our team members on site tried to help. Our landscape supervisor and salesman visited with [Member Name Removed] and tried to make things right. And I, the owner, paid her a visit trying to see what I could do. This client was unreasonable and difficult, however, as she would not allow us to make things right. Instead she wanted to avoid paying the final bill. After repeated attempts to satisfy her we had to write off a large portion of the job and walk away. We NEVER like this outcome. Our goal is always a happy client and a job done right. I feel that we were taken advantage of by this client. If you are a contractor BEWARE OF WORKING FOR THIS CLIENT.

03/24/2017

Gina L.

They arrived on time and always work hard. They tell me what they are doing and what it costs

Description of Work
Came fixed sprinkler head and did service maintenance

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business!

03/23/2017

Ralph C.

They are great. They are very professional, and we've been using them for about 8 years. All A's as far as we're concerned!

Description of Work
They did complete yard care for us. Fertilizer, mowing, etc.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thanks Mr. C! Glad you are happy with our work. We appreciate your business!

03/16/2017

Curtis H.

They did an excellent job, they are professional and the prices are fair. There was a misunderstanding between us at one point, and all it took was a quick phone call and they were very understanding, I have absolutely no complaints.

Description of Work
They did some yard work for me over the summer and they've also done some snow removal.

Category lawn service, snow removal

Thank you for your business!

12/19/2016

RAYMOND C.

They did an excellent job, they were prompt, and they did great work. They were very responsive. They had like a regular schedule and they were always there. They knew what to do and they did a great job. They didn't really had to be told everything to do.

Description of Work
We had service with them through our church. They did the lawn care.

Category lawn service

Thank you for the great review. Our goal is a great job and a happy customer! Thank you for your business.

09/06/2016

Thomas B.

It is great if you want your yard cut to 1" height. I want mine at 2". I have asked the different mowers over the two years several times to please cut it to 2". They say "no problem." It is still cut to 1" which makes it brown too easy. I have contacted the office one time about this. They are very reliable about showing up and getting the job done once you are on their schedule.

Description of Work
Weekly Yard Cutting

Category lawn service

[Member Name Removed] - Sorry to hear that our crew wasn't getting the message to cut your lawn a bit taller. Our staff is trained to cut all lawns somewhere between 2" and 4". A 1" setting would be the very lowest setting on the mower and I can't imagine our team using that setting for your lawn or any lawn! I'm thinking that they did in fact use a 2" setting, but that was too close of a cut for your lawn as well. I suggest we try starting with the mower set to 3" and then adjust from there. It's a lot easy to adjust down than to recover from a scalp. I'll let the crew know to make the adjustments this year. Please contact us right away if things don't look right. I'm glad you were happy with our reliability and professionalism. Thank you for your business!

04/21/2016

Gabor M.

It was not the best one. I probably will not call them back again. It was only for 30 minutes and they didn't really disclose that in the advertisement, so after 30 minutes they charged whatever time they spent there so there was extra. It was really not a good one. The price was okay, but there was a catch in it.

Description of Work
I used them.

Category lawn service

Hello! I am sorry that your experience with us wasn't an "A" grade. We did perform the Sprinkler Evaluation as stated in the Special. You did have sprinkler repairs that were needed. You did agree to the additional cost of labor and materials for the repairs when the technician was on site. The special does state that repairs will be an additional cost. Maybe we should have made this more clear to you. I apologize. I do see where our irrigation manager gave you a credit of $30 towards the additional work. I'll see to it that when we run the special again we update our terms about what is included. Thank you for your review.

08/24/2015

Allan B.

They were great. I will be calling them back for an estimate on future work.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a sprinkler tune-up.

Category irrigation systems

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed]! Glad that we could help.

08/13/2015

Cherie L.

I have used C&C for over 5 years. Each year their service was not as good as the prior year. Finally this past July, a "sub" crew came out for my weekly mow. They were not happy and started bad mouthing the "regular" crew to me. I went in the house, when I came back out I saw that several objects in my yard had been broken, and even some hidden in a bush so I might not see them. I called the office and the receptionist (there are 2 that are GREAT) said the "mow manager" would call me. Five calls later, he finally called me back. Sounded aghast at what I was telling him. Said he would come out to my house the following week to meet the yard crew and go over everything with me. Crew shows up.... mow manager never did. Crew didn't even finish the job that day! Called the office back...she said she would have the mow crew come back and finish their job and have the mow manager call me...the crew never came back and the mow manager never called. I fired them the next day. I will say the receptionists and "Josh" were an absolute pleasure to work with and Josh tried to help...but not his department. I was told that the owner was going to be advised of what was going on, but I never heard from the owner either. Guess they didn't want/need my business.

Description of Work
Broke items in my yard, then hid them in the bushes. When I called and complained, the "mow manager" said he would come out to look at things...never showed up.

07/30/2015

Anthony G.

That particular one went fine. I have had other issues with them. They really screwed up. They contract these guys out. I needed some tree trimming done but, I asked them not to cut this one tree down and they confirmed it before I walked away, and the next thing I know it was just a stump. I told them several times that I don't like people just coming on my property without giving some type of notice and they just came in. I didn't know when he was coming and I had my dogs out in the backyard and that could have been a reliability issue. This particular product that I purchased, the fertilizer, seems to be fine. I don't think that I'll ever be using them again. They came out about a week later. The quality of the service was good. Some of the people are very nice. They did a mid-summer treatment that seems to be doing well. The other things that I have purchased from them, the sprinkler inspection, and the winterization deals that they had, those went really well.

Description of Work
C & C Yard Care did fertilization treatment. It was a big deal purchase.

Category lawn treatment

07/30/2015

Anthony G.

Description of Work
C & C Yard Care inspected and winterized my sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems

Our pruning crew did have a misunderstanding here and removed a small tree that shouldn't have been. We apologized and worked out a bill credit to compensate for the damage. I have added notes to the client's account to CALL FIRST before servicing the property. I'm glad that {Member name removed} finds our staff friendly and has been happy with the lawn fertilizing, weed control, sprinkler start-up, sprinkler shut-down and sprinkler repair services that we have provided.

07/17/2015

Jill B.

It did not go anywhere. My experience with them was very cordial, but they do not do business in my area. Please stop asking me - I believe I submitted this information already.

Description of Work
The company does not do business in Hayden, ID