Aardvark Tree Service

Founded 1994 • With Angi since September 2008

12115 W Medical Lake Rd.

Spokane, WA 99224

5-10 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. No extra charge for after hours service. Additional phone number - (509)624-5656. Additional DBAs - Aardvark Tree Care, Aardvark Stump Removal. Award winning.

11/24/2020

Mother Marie D.

The men did a wonderful job! I was very pleased with how they cleaned everything up so nicely after they were finished! They not only hauled away all the debris, but they raked up the yard beautifully!!! I would most certainly hire them for future jobs!

Description of Work
We had two trees trimmed after one split during recent storm!

Category landscaping, tree service

10/29/2020

Nathan C.

Removal was smooth, professional, and the best price around by a huge margin. I had some trouble scheduling a time with them and setting a date to remove the tree. This was in part due to high winds on one day, but it took 4 or 5 calls to get it done. All in all, if another tree needs to come down, I’d call them again.

Description of Work
Elm removal between houses

12/16/2019

Mark M.

Competitive price, quick response, and excellent service. Very safely & professionally done. I will use Aardvark again.

Description of Work
TREE REMOVAL

11/22/2019

Mark M.

Jim, the owner, was very responsive & had the most competitive bid. He did the work promptly & efficiently — ALL good! I am a repeat customer & Jim has again earned my future business. We are very pleased. Thank you!

Description of Work
We needed a Ponderosa Pine tree removed from the front yard.

11/10/2019

Patrick M.

The were on time and professional. The 4 of them worked their butts off no stop from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. They couldn't get the bucket truck in far enough to down all the trees we wanted so the lead person climbed from tree to tree like a monkey. I have never seen anything like it. They were even able to remove tree limbs over power lines using a rope pulley system. Another tree service company refused to remove them unless Avista came out to lower the line. They did an amazing job. The only issue I had was they blew leaves under my pool cover into the winterized pool.

Description of Work
Cleaned up after the snow storm and cut several Maple trees down

11/08/2019

Mike N.

The tree removal went very well. The guys were quick, and left NO mess. Definitely pros. The stump grinding was another story. Jim's stump grinding machine was in the shop so I was told had to wait a week until he got it back. Well, 2 weeks went by and no word from Jim. I called the office and was told Jim would get back to me shortly. Another week went by with no word, so I called again. Again I was told that he would get back to me by the end of the day. Didn't happen. A week went by with no word, so I called Jim directly, and he didn't remember removing the tree or that he was supposed to come back to grind the stump. He said he would find a way to fit it in next week. Next week came and went with no call. So I have moved on. I'll get someone else to do it that is more interested.

Description of Work
Tree removal and stump grinding

09/18/2019

Jennifer W.

I called and was "put on the schedule" nearly a month ago. I've never seen them or had a call back. Called again a second time and the line just rang and rang.

Description of Work
Trim maple

09/06/2019

Keith F.

Everything went as planned. The crew were very professional.

Description of Work
Stump Removal

09/02/2019

Tim Q.

These 4-5 guys literally RAN all day for 2 days, 16 hours on the job. Chad was amazing: he is like an aerial ballet dancer with a saw, climbing and drawing his ropes to climb 40+ feet up. The crew did a careful job of missing fences, taking care of our and neighbors' property, cleaning up and stump grinding. They have the best of equipment, know trees and bushes and arrived within 4 days of our accepting their bid. We highly recommend them. FYI: I failed to understand that the stump grinder would leave a few feet deep (& 10' wide) of ground wood, which is not conducive to planting in, which we are now removing by hand so that we can replant in those holes: many bags of wood to move elsewhere--our oversight.

Description of Work
Tree removals (6), bush removals, tree pruning, bush pruning

Category landscaping, tree service

08/11/2019

Don R.

Aardvark never contacted me. Had work done by someone else.

Description of Work
Pruning arborvitae

Category lawn service, tree service

07/16/2019

Andy B.

Dead tree was removed and stump was ground down into a neat mulch pile. I am pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Removed dead tree

06/08/2019

Simon W.

Well. I needed advice about a damaged tureen one of my job sites. I ama a contractor and also advertise here! Phone call did it.

10/16/2017

Larry R.

Jim came out and gave me a good quote to remove two trees. The trees were extremely close to my house and the neighbors house. Additionally, the neighbors fruit trees were basically side by side with the trees I needed taken out. The only open spot to drop the trees was very close to various overhead power/utility lines. Jim stated he would schedule me for around the first week of November, based on his work load. I was concerned because one tree was basically dead and I wanted it gone in case we had another bad wind storm. Two days after scheduling with Jim, he showed up at my house and stated his crew had finished a job near me and asked if they could take my trees out. Ken was the guy who actual did the cutting. I was highly impressed with his skill. He dropped both trees right where he said he would. The first was basically dead, and the second was leaning away from the clear area to drop the tree. Ken and his co workers tied the trees off in such a manner that the operation was flawless. I have more trees I want taken out in the spring. I will not look to anyone else but Aardvark to complete the work

Description of Work
Tree Removal

08/21/2017

Molly L.

They came out, made recommendations and quoted a price. When we agreed to the work, they scheduled us about a week later. They showed up with a crew and stayed until the job was completely done, even though it was well past normal working hours. They left the yard clean.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and several dead trees removed

07/15/2017

Bret T.

Provider came out to do an estimate on 05/30/2017. We never heard from anyone again. We called twice to ask about scheduling and were told that scheduling was difficult. Sent a message via this website and received no response.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

05/30/2017

Madelyn L.

I was very impressed with how organized and methodical the team was. All the work was completed in 5 hours AND it was all cleaned up.

Description of Work
Six trees removed, trees and bushes trimmed.

05/28/2017

Pam S.

Best customer service ever! Jim arrived to give an estimate at our set time, his price was fair, we hired him, and he and his crew showed up on time to do the work. This crew removed our trees, trimmed our limbs and cleaned up within a few hours. Nice professional crew and they did an awesome job!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

04/26/2017

Judith L.

They did a fantastic job. I was in awe watching the man climb the tree and start cutting the limbs down. They chipped all limbs and cut the tree in 16 inch rounds for me. They left the area cleaner than when they came. I will be calling them again to cut down another tree that has a lean to it. I wanted the chips so they put them all in a pile. They also blew all pine needles from my deck roof even though they did not have to. What a wonderful 3 person crew. A real professional job and the men were so polite.

Description of Work
Cutting down a pine tree that was leaning over my house. Very dangerous spot with building al around.

11/15/2016

Virginia H.

It went well. The man in charge was very personable and up front with what had to be done. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
They cut down three very old Arborvitaes and trimmed back some pine branches that were rubbing on my roof.

10/31/2016

Bill A.

They were prompt, sent an arborist out who walked over our entire property with me and pointed out what was needed to be done and a quote was given. We discussed removing all the dead wood up in the trees, thinning where appropriate and removal of all bad wood. We were encouraged to check around. We did so. Of the three other companies we called, Aardvark's price was second to the lowest price, but Aardvark offered the best overall deal for work to be done. They didn't let us down. We were well pleased. When we were ready, we called them because of price, the work they agreed to perform and their good reputation. They arrived with two crews and completed two days of work in one day. They were professional, polite and generous in their work, doing far more than I expected. They thinned out trees that were dangerous and removed quite a number of 6-12 foot smaller trees that were stealing water from the larger trees, removing everything that was a fire hazard. All total, they removed 6 very large tall trees, and deadwooded about thirty trees. Their high tree logger is a real professional. He had to fall the tree in sections due to it's closeness to our home and the chain link fense it was next to. He checked where the sprinklers were and dropped every single 8 foot section in a safe spot away from both of the one hundred and some odd feet tall trees. They then removed not only all of the bad branches and trees, (grinding them up), but also raked up and removed all of the pine needles and small branch limbs on the ground off of our entire half acre. I was also given instructions on how to finish a cobble stone walkway that I mentioned to one of the guys. They have a lot of expertise. He respected that I am a do-it yourself type person. They ground up the two stumps for me to a depth of about 18 inches. Basically, they cleaned up everything they did, and even cut up into rounds and stacked the two good trees I had cut down, and put them where I wanted them stacked. The work they performed beautified our landscape. A number of neighbors came over during the work and they too were pleased with the changes they made. I referred Aardvark to my neighbors and two of them later called them to their own homes for quotes and hired them for subsequent tree work that was done. Their work gives honor to their business name. It is good when you are happy with a job well done, but it is even better when your neighbors come over afterwards and continue to compliment how nice your yard looks. The job was so good that I personally tipped each of the workers individually before they left and I also gave extra to Jim and to his son as a way of saying thanks. Way to go Aardvark!!! You have our business for life! Thanks for your integrity and earning our business. We highly recommend their work. Bill & Sheena Allen

Description of Work
Needed an arborist to check our trees because of beetles and other infestations in out trees and make recommendations on what could be done to save our trees. We also had a few very large trees that were dangerous and we wanted to have them removed and the stumps ground down.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

08/23/2016

Andrew R.

Did a great job, fast and on time. Very good price. Competitor wanted $1,000 more just to haul away the wood and clean up the sawdust. The wood was cut into 16" lengths, ready to be split. A friend took the wood, but even if they hadn't I could have given it away for free. Companies charging to haul away perfectly burnable wood must have never heard of Craig's List.

Description of Work
Three box elder trees leaning over house and into the power drop.

08/10/2016

Becky and Curtis R.

When they showed up for the estimate, they let me know they had an opening the following the day. Finding someone to do the work had been virtually impossible, so we accepted. A little over two hours of work, and I had an empty yard. They were courteous, professional, and quick. Excellent service! They even offered to help me move things back under where the tree had been if I needed it.

Description of Work
Removed a dying maple tree, cleaned up all the debris, and ground the stump.

07/12/2016

Majken W.

They did a great job, got it done quickly and cleaned up everything!!

Description of Work
hazardous trees removed..

09/10/2015

Roberta H.

FANTASTIC! They were very professional, timely, competent, friendly, and did a painstaking job of making sure everything was done just right! The 10 foot high shrubs were horribly overgrown and I thought might not even make it. And they trimmed them so amazing! They look terrific! They also trimmed up an ornamental pine tree that had lots of dead wood in it and was near some power lines. It now looks wonderful! They cleaned up all the debris and hauled it away so our backyard looks great! The price was reasonable for the work they did, they did incredible work and they were professional and pleasant. These folks do a wonderful, exceptional job, they know their business, they're friendly to work with and we wouldn't use anyone else! In a day and age where it's sometimes hard to find people who do a great job at an affordable price, I would recommend these guys to anyone!!

Description of Work
They trimmed 9 huge shrubs and an ornamental pine tree in the backyard.

08/31/2015

Stan and Mylada S.

I called this company to set up an appointment to have a quote done on removal of some tree limbs, as well as possible removal of 3 bushes. I spoke with a real person and she stated she would send him the message. I never received a call back. Not impressed with the customer service.

Description of Work
Nothing