Wu Construction

Washington: Contractors
05/05/2024

13333 Lake City Way NE

Seattle, WA 98125

Wu Construction Inc, specializes in drainage and foundation systems construction and repair. Since our founding in 1983, we have successfully completed thousands of projects for homeowners and businesses throughout the Northwest. We are the best in our industry, and well regarded by our customers for our excellent service. We are lauded for our speedy responses to inquiries, our efficiency and the quality of our work. ...

drain pipe installation (167)basement waterproofing (72)foundation repair (49)well & water pump repair (36)concrete repair (30)excavating (24)handyman (7)stone & gravel (5)insulation (2)plumbers (40)hardscaping (10)siding companies (2)

06/19/2022

Paul F.

French drain installation along a retaining wall (75 yards). Thomas who handled the sales end of things was friendly and responsive. The crew showed up on time. They were hard working and receptive of customer feedback. They first removed the ivy that was obstructing the work area and then completed the trench on day 1 which uncovered some of the unwelcome water sources. A legacy footing drain was plumbed directly into the main french drain pipe. Perpherated pipe was dropped in on Day 2 followed by river rock, catch basins, and 3 ft dry well installation. Cleanup was done thoroughly. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Yard Drainage System

Work Completed On 06/19/2022

03/02/2022

heather L.

Greg and his team were wonderful to work with from the start. It's going to improve our house and our life to stop having water in the basement everytime it rains. We can finish our basement and actually use the space now! Thanks for being so easy to work with and delivering a quality drain system.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/02/2022

10/05/2021

Rachel W.

I am extremely happy with with Wu Construction! From start to finish it has been a very pleasant experience. First, I send a frantic email after heavy rains to which I received a quick and reassuring reply - on the weekend! Next Greg came out to quote, provided a good price and was able to get the work scheduled for me on the spot for only a week later. Thanks Greg! Today the technicians arrived right on time, were very professional and did an amazing job. I kept peaking outside to see what was happening and I could tell they were executing the work with great care and attention. The quality of the work exceeded my expectations. Also it was discovered midday that more work was needed than originally thought when one of my downspouts was unearthed full of roots. I appreciate that they were able to accommodate the additional work and still complete everything in one day!

Description of Work
Downspout Lines

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

Review for Wu Construction - 13333 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA - 39497188

09/28/2021

Vas O.

It went very well. Greg was a great guy. In the initial consultation we missed a wall that also needed a drain due to the crawl space, and his lovely crew came back and made it right. Greg was also always available to answer my many questions and made sure I was completely comfortable in the work. This is the first time I have had a dry basement as long as I have owned the house! I cant recommend highly enough.

Description of Work
Interior perimeter drain

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

09/01/2021

David L.

Greg was prompt in coming to view what needed to be done and quickly assessed the best way to prevent storm water from entering our garage. He gave me a very fair bid and stuck to it. His work crew, Young and Jasper, were here right on time and worked hard all day until the job was completed. They didn't waste a minute, doing exactly what they said they would do. Their final product was excellent, much better than what I envisioned it would look like. Their work will resolve our problem (now I just have to keep things clean). Thank you for a job well done! I certainly will hire Wu Construction again if I need any services they provide.

Description of Work
Resolve drainage issues at entrance to garage

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

Review for Wu Construction - 13333 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA - 39461226

01/30/2021

Sean E.

Our experience with Wu Construction was awesome. We had water coming into our basement, gave them a call, and from consultation through installation, they were one of the most courteous and professional contractors we've dealt with. Their work is quality, prices competitive, and communication was excellent. Would recommend them to anyone with water issues.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and drainage system

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

12/08/2020

Laurel H.

They were very responsive even as our drainage issue evolved while we were working on a backyard project. Came and did the work in a timely manner it was a wonderful job and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Backyard drainage issue

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

07/08/2020

Jacob B.

Better than I could have asked for. They came up with a GREAT solution to my basement leaking issues (I had a river in my basement last winter) thus far this fall not a drop. His option was faster, cheaper and more effective than the other 3 companies i had bid the job. I could not be happier!

Description of Work
Downspout drain, water reroute

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/04/2020

Jacob B.

This was the absolute best experience with a contractor I have had in the seven years years of owning my my home here in Kenmore. Thomas was not only knowledgeable but conscious of what my choices were and was willing to offer fixes that were not the most expensive but the most effective. His crew was right on time worked diligently all day and cleaned up before they left. I only wish there business did more things I would hire them in a second. I would absolutely recommend this company. Thanks you !!

Description of Work
Waterproof Basement

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/04/2020

We enjoyed working with you and thank you for your business!

03/11/2020

Deborah K.

Excellent work, all around! The crew was hardworking, and the work performed has stood the test of time. Three years ago, Wu Construction expertly installed a full crawl space perimeter footing drain, brought in drainage gravel, and installed a 1/3 hp sump pump. Also installed a 6 mil black vapor barrier, checked and sealed alle entry points to prevent rodent entry, re-installed all loose inulation and replaced heat duct insulation. The crawl space has remained bone dry, and we've had no further issues with moisture or rodents.

Description of Work
Crawl space had poor drainage, often had small pools of standing water, and was prone to pests. Hired Wu Construction to improve drainage so that crawl space would remain dry and clean.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 01/13/2017

11/05/2019

LANCE G.

Wu Construction did an excellent job for us. Greg estimated what work needed to be done and we scheduled it as quickly as possible. The crew was on-time, very efficient and did a really nice job keeping things as clean as possible, which is no easy task when repairs are done to a wet & muddy foundation area. A full interior perimeter drainage and sump pump system was installed to eliminate standing water in the crawl space. The crew also removed all old floor insulation and installed new R-30 insulation. The crawl space was completely cleaned up and a new vapor barrier was installed. Everything was completed as agreed upon - all at a very fair & reasonable price. The crew even installed a permanent access ladder to the area so it would be easier to get into the crawl space area. I'd highly recommend Wu Construction for any drainage or foundation work needed to your home or business. Greg, the Estimator/Scheduler and Thomas Wang, the Construction Manager were a pleasure to work with. They kept us up-to-date on everything and were true to their word. I look forward to working with them again, as needed.

Description of Work
We needed to eliminate standing water in the crawl space. Also clean up crawl space area and replace all subfloor insulation.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

03/24/2019

Brian C.

We had a fantastic overall experience with Wu construction. Victor was extremely responsive and communicative. Returned my initial call immediately and came out to evaluate our project the same day on a Saturday. He was very conscious of not doing more work than was necessary to achieve our goals and very focused on the quality of his work and the satisfaction of our experience. He gave a fair quote quickly and scheduled and completed the work in less time than he promised. He continued to be available and responsive throughout the process and his crew were on time, were respectful of our property and did great work efficiently. Victor came out to personally review the completed project with me, again on a Saturday, before receiving his payment. We couldn’t be happier with their performance in every aspect. I only wish he did more than just foundation work!

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Category concrete repair, excavators, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

03/20/2019

Maxwell H.

4.5 stars overall for removal of concrete slab/stairs and pouring of new 10' long, 4 foot deep foundation wall. Result was excellent. Crew was considerate and trustworthy. It was expensive for me, but cheaper than the other bids I got. Communication was not great over email. There were a number of times I wasn’t replied to at all or got a partial response. I let them know and they said they’ll work on that. I recommend communicating via text instead which worked much better.

Description of Work
Concrete demo and foundation wall pour

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

03/02/2019

Christina S.

Very fast response time, texting is very fast. crawl space needed drainage, insulation, clean up, new vapor barrier, and just entire remediation. They did everything as promised and passed inspection. Even though it took more work than anticipated, they stuck to their estimated price. Very impressed.

Description of Work
Crawl space remediation

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

10/16/2018

Gail C.

Foundation Repairs - We had dry rotted wooden posts due to concrete pads being buried below the dirt. Wu Construction replaced the posts/ piers and placed new concrete pads on top of the existing to raise them above the dirt. I had some questions and Victor Wu followed up with me. Victor is very professional, honest and fairly priced. I would recommend them to anyone who needed these services as well.

Description of Work
Foundation - replacing wooden piers and adding concrete pads

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

09/23/2018

Shu-Hao H.

Wu Construction was hired to repair and improve the water proof problem of my house. The contractor, Mr. Wu has designed a whole package project that cost me 200% higher than others. His cost was ridiculously high but I followed his advice to the letter and have paid him a total of $146,000.00 and it came with a ten year warranty. Later I found out his expensive work was totally unnecessary. What was worse is that none of his work does the job. His entire work failed at the first drop of rain. Right now water is actively leaking everywhere in my house. After many repeated requested by me, Mr. Wu refused to come back to do anymore work. I am going to file a lawsuit against him for $200,000.00. Just look at his past Labor & Industries Record, there were two lawsuits against him and his company within a year. The first one was settled after Mr. Wu paid the other party big money in compensation. The second lawsuit is still open.

Description of Work

Category concrete repair, siding, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Review for Wu Construction - 13333 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA - 37419298

09/16/2018

Donna M.

I was excited to hear back from this company about the concerns I have about a water stain. They emailed back and asked for a picture, and after sending them one, I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
possible leak from exterior or plumbing, drywall inspection, water leak

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 09/16/2018

07/21/2018

Katie O.

Wu Construction was hired to solve a water/drainage problem in the downstairs. What they did, didn't ever solve the problem, they made the problem worse. No one that did the work at the house spoke English so I couldn't even discuss anything with the workers. Instead of diverting the water away from the house they Funeled the water under the garage so the garage was sinking. They put down spouts back on the house backwards. They put in a sump pump that was not electrically up to code & was determined to be a fire hazard and it was tied into the wrong drain line. I filed a lawsuit against the company. Through the depositions I learned that the workers they hire have NO formal training. Victor Wu is the owner of this company.

Description of Work
Water leaking in downstairs storeroom.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

[Member Name Removed], we are so sorry to hear about the experience. However based on the address, we have no records of us every doing any work. Is that the address of the property worked on?

06/05/2018

Bryce B.

Very efficient crew, cleaned up work area, fixed noisy sump pump when asked

Description of Work
Interior drain in crawl space and sump pump

Category wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

03/19/2018

Sean S.

Very well. The work was completed on time and Victor’s warrantee gives me confidence that the work was done right.

Description of Work
Drainage and downspouts

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

02/02/2018

Peter R.

Everything was Excellent. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Description of Work
Installation of a channel drain at the bottom of my driveway plus about 25 feet of drain pipe. Also a replacement of the downspouts from my carport roof.

Category concrete repair, excavators, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

11/26/2017

Jon S.

Showed up just days after first contact and resolved everything in one visit. Final bill exactly as quoted. Fine work.

Description of Work
Crawlspace drainage, vapor barrier and insulation

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/24/2017