Valentine Roofing

Washington: Contractors
04/28/2024

400 Industry Dr Suite 120

Seattle, WA 98188

We’re taking the following precautions for our customers: Valentine Roofing is open and still serving your essential roofing needs. By offering virtual estimates and following all health and safety guidelines, both for our office staff as well as our skilled roofers, we are able to safely perform your entire project safely.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment
Modern Farmhouse Metal Combo Roof in Orting, WA

Modern Farmhouse Metal Combo Roof in Orting, WA

gutter repair2020
Our team just completed a beautiful new composite/metal combo roof in Orting, WA for the Gleason family. When they purchased their home several years back, the original cedar shake roof was over 20 years old and in need of an upgrade. They recently decided to move forward with their roof replacement and rather than simply going with the most traditional option, they opted to make a bold statement by choosing a composite and metal roof combination. Adding metal accents over a home’s porch, dormers, or other key areas is a great way to add a unique accent that will make a home stand out from the rest. Pairing the classic look of a composite shingle with the modern flare of metal panels makes for a stunning combination that’s becoming increasingly popular here in the Northwest. The Gleason’s chose the Black Sable shingle from the Duration Designer® line by Owens Corning for the top portion off their roof. The shingles in the designer line offer intense vibrancy and high contrast – this shingle truly is a statement. In addition, the Duration shingle provides increased protection from the elements and features SureNail® Technology, 130 MPH wind resistance, and an exceptional product warranty. For the dormers and porch section of the roof, they went with the 26 gauge, 16-inch striated SoundLok standing seam metal panels in Dark Bronze by Sound Building Supply, our local partners in metal roofing. These metal panels provide exceptional protection from the weather here in the Pacific Northwest while adding a modern flair that increases the curb appeal of any home. Metal roofing systems by Valentine Roofing are lightweight, 100% recyclable, and come with a 50-year product warranty. In addition to the new composite shingles and metal roofing panels, we installed new CDX plywood on the roof deck along with Titanium X-30 underlayment. We also replaced all of the vents, flashings, and accessories with new black components to match the new roof color. The Gleason’s modern farmhouse style home now stands out boldly, whilst still having a welcoming and

A note from our owner & founder - At Valentine Roofing, our mission is to serve and care for our neighbors. During my years working in the industry, I witnessed the difficulty and frustration some experienced in hiring a roofing contractor. So I started Valentine Roofing in 2008 to create a better way to buy a roof and a better kind of home improvement company—one that truly focused on the customer experience. I wanted to make buying a roof simple, stress-free, and transparent and provide my customers with true peace of mind. We like to say, “Get three bids, just make sure one of them is Valentine Roofing!” The reason we say this is because we expect to earn your business in a respectful way, by educating you. We always put our best price forward right from the start and we provide on-the-spot estimates within an hour. If we do earn your business, I promise you’ll see a professional, positive and sincere company that is committed to excellence and committed to taking care of you, our neighbor. Connor Valentine Owner and Founder...

roofing (282)gutter repair (45)skylight installation (34)roof cleaning (13)gutter cleaning (12)insulation (8)window cleaning (1)

01/20/2022

Penny C.

It was an amazing experience. The whole service from quote to install was probably the best construction experience I’ve ever had - and we’ve had a lot. The professionalism and responsiveness was exceptional. I would recommend them as the best. Just wish they did more than roofing!

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

We are delighted that your experience was amazing! In fact, we DO offer the same great experience for more than just roofing! We provide other home improvements like gutter replacements (like yours), window installation, attic insulation, and home maintenance. We would be honored to work with you again on any one of those projects. Thank you for your review and for choosing Valentine Roofing.

10/13/2021

Susan S.

it was excellent, quality control people come after they check their work, it was really good, i was really impressed, it was really topnotch, they did an excellent job

Description of Work
they change the roof, gutters, attick installation

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

We appreciate that you shared your recent experience! Top-notch is always our goal and we are glad to have knocked your project out of the park for you.

08/16/2021

Joseph F.

Fantastic- the tech was on time, thorough, and our roof looked great afterwards. The scheduler was responsive, professional and easy to work with. Would hire this team again.

Description of Work
Moss removal, empty gutters, general roof maintenance

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

08/09/2021

Terry V.

Very professional! Excellent customer service at step of the process....

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

We appreciate your review of your Valentine Experience. Thank you for sharing!

08/09/2021

Jim D.

The work was very professional and quick. The jobsite was left clean each day. My roof is better than when originally installed. They went above my expectations.

Description of Work
Replace existing roof and gutters.

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

Review for Valentine Roofing - 400 Industry Dr, Seattle, WA - 39434232

Meticulous clean-up is just what we do! It is a tenet of the Valentine Experience and something we strive for on every job site. Thank you for your feedback and your review of your Valentine Experience.!

05/26/2021

Carl B.

In the end, the work was eventually done within reason however the process, communication, and work were terrible. The project manager was not the best at relaying information and when he went on vacation, I was sent to two others who seemed to be incapable of returning calls or emails. The contract and explanation of service were for full removal of insulation and installation of rafter vents along with new insulation about 1,000 sq ft. On the first day, the team was about four hours late, this was compounded by clearly not knowing what my job was supposed to be. They left all of the old damaged insulation in the attic covering our addition. They also left rolls of old insulation in the main attic and buried them with a new blown-in type. After many calls and emails, I was told they usually only remove blown-in insulation, not the batt type; the entire attic in the addition section was batt insulation, roughly 30% of the attic space). They also seemed shocked that I knew what insulation was and how it should be installed. (This told me they often behave this way and are probably not doing the proper job. Maybe stick to clean crawls or other company for this work) The team came back out for a second trip where they were supposed to install the rafter vents they forgot and remove the old insulation. They didn't coordinate the dumpster service after having to reschedule so I ended up with large bags of insulation in my driveway. I ended up loading these into the dumpster after it arrived when the crew never came back so the driver could pick it up the next day. Needless to say, despite specifically asking the crew about the vents, they did not install any of them. The entire attic's soffits were still covered with insulation preventing airflow. On the third trip out, (no surprise to me) the Quality control inspector came out to verify install and was shocked at the work. He added a couple of vents to the addition area and said the main section was not done correctly however, didn't have enough material to do it all since nobody explained this to him. Finally, after a month of communications and rescheduling workdays to accommodate, their crews came out again. This time they added all of the vent covers and topped off the insulation they had to crawl through. If it were not for my persistence, they would have signed off on the project as complete. I highly recommend checking the work after it's done. Note, this is about the insulation work only and I canceled my gutters as a result of this experience. The roofing team did a great job before this even though the communication needed some improvement, I am very pleased with the roof and that crew.

Description of Work
Full Insulation replacement and roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

Review for Valentine Roofing - 400 Industry Dr, Seattle, WA - 39346661

05/25/2021

Russell S.

We got 3 estimates. Valentine roofing was not the cheapest but they were the clearest in their contract about work to be done. They also were not the most expensive. We had a very good experience, and are very pleased with the quality of work and the professionalism of the staff and crew. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

05/07/2021

Travis B.

If I could they would earn a ZERO star rating based on my experience. This was a terrible decision to go with Valentine Roofing. I would not recommend them! In fact I will knock on any door I see their sales truck out front of and tell them the same. They try to sell the "Valentine Experience" during the bidding process. They claim this is the abundance of communication that will occur during the process. Well there was no communication! I was always calling the project manager (Jay) and phone calls going unanswered and responded to for days. Always some sort of excuse. During the job I informed Jay to replace all of the decking on the front of my roof due to a leak. He assured me it would be done! During the final inspection I discovered that was not the case. They had to come back and tear into my brand new roof to remove the moldy decking where the leak was! I now question the longevity of my new roof as they had to patch work shingles back together and the underlayment has extra holes in it. If they try and sell you "roof to wall venting" don't do it! Mine looks like garbage and I'm still fighting with them to resolve the poor work on it. Other things that went terrible: They ruined my brand new gutters I had installed the summer before. They took the $700 off my bill but I had to make another appointment for the company to come back out. There was overs pray on my newly painted house from the black spray paint they used on the flashing. Cant seem to get anyone to follow up with promises. Still waiting on a follow-up to fixing the roof to wall flashing from a couple weeks ago. Well when they come calling for their $20K they wont get a penny until the roof to wall flashing is completed! Maybe a poor review and a report to Labor and Industries will spark the "Valentine Communication Experience"

Description of Work
New roof including decking - $20K job

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

We deeply regret when any customer has an experience that is anything less than 5 stars. The Valentine Experience is our promise to every customer. If we fall short in any way, our customer experience also falls short. We take all feedback as an opportunity to improve our process and our service to ensure every customer receives the level of care they deserve. Thank you for sharing.

03/04/2021

Mitchell B.

They did an excellent job and I get compliments all the time from people. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof on my 1945 home.

Work Completed On 03/04/2017

We appreciate your candor [Member Name Removed], and for taking the time to share your Valentine experience! We think every customer should have the best experience possible and are so happy we could provide you with an excellent one. We hope to have an opportunity to provide your friends and family with the same level of service you have come to expect from all of us here at Valentine Roofing!

11/17/2020

Deirdre D.

Valentine installed my new metal roof during VERY tumultuous November weather. Their project manager, site foreman, and crew were all top notch, extremely professional, and a pleasure to work with. Eddie, the project manager, contacted me every morning with a status update, and I was particularly impressed with Valentine's site foreman, Jose, who ensured the smooth and timely progress of the job in spite of many days of heavy rain. The old roof was in very bad shape, which necessitated replacement of the roof deck; Jose was very knowledgeable and patient in answering my questions and explaining construction methods and rationale: in places where shingles and fascia had to be removed, everything was redone perfectly. Valentine's crew was extremely hard working & efficient; daily site cleanup was done thoroughly; and old roofing materials & other construction debris were removed promptly upon the job's completion. I am absolutely THRILLED with my new roof --it is gorgeous--and I highly recommend Valentine Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Review for Valentine Roofing - 400 Industry Dr, Seattle, WA - 39029297

Thank you for taking the time to share your Valentine experience [Member Name Removed]! It's always our #1 goal to make the entire process as smooth and as effortlessly as possible for you, the homeowner. We are so pleased to hear you love your new roof and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you!

10/09/2020

Doug M.

Great experience! Good communication during weeks leading up to the job and also during the job. Found some water damaged wood that needed to be replaced. I liked that they documented this stuff with photos and kept me in the loop throughout, so there were no surprises at the end. Happy with the new roof, and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thanks for taking time to leave us a review [Member Name Removed]! So pleased to hear your experience has been exceptional and that you're happy with your new roof. We look forward to serving you and your home again in the future!

10/07/2020

Michael S.

The old roof was evaluated, and it was expected that the plywood underneath had been compromised. Also, insulation is sparse in the house, and two inch insulation was put over the plywood. The roof cam off, and was replaced with PVC material, The skylight was replaced, and there were no unexpected problems. I had talked about a roof ridge vent to be installed, and it was put in to try to alleviate anymore problems with the plywood. The seams on the new roof were solidly connected, the debris was removed from the roof, and the yard was cleaned of any particles from the roof. With the extra insulation added, this summer has been cooler inside the house by about ten degrees on the hotter days.

Description of Work
The roof on my rambler was replaced.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

We are so pleased to hear your experience has been exceptional and that your roof is looking and performing beautifully! Its an honor for us to be your roofing contractor and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you and your home!

10/07/2020

C B.

small issue but resolved quickly on shed roof last year but otherwise went great!

Description of Work
Roof and gutter cleaning of house and shed they had put a new roof on last yr

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

We appreciate your candor. We know that unfortunately sometimes things do not go exactly as planned and our goal is to resolve these incidents quickly, providing every home with a beautiful new roof while leaving every customer jumping for joy!

09/21/2020

Eileen D.

I can't say enough about this company - service is always friendly, professional and on time and at a good price. Very reassuring, especially when the rain is coming down hard!

Description of Work
Valentine does routine maintenance on my roof

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Review for Valentine Roofing - 400 Industry Dr, Seattle, WA - 38890650

Thanks for your kind words [Member Name Removed]! We are so pleased to hear your experience with our team was exceptional and we look forward to serving you and your home again in the future!

08/24/2020

Darrell D.

Valentine was professional and very prompt. They actually started project earlier than originally thought. The work done was excellent and they cleaned up the work site entirely.

Description of Work
New roof and insulation

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

Thank you for the excellent review [Member Name Removed]! Thrilled to hear you're pleased with the experience you received with our team. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you and your home!

08/20/2020

Robert C.

Very well. Also had old attic insulation removed and new installed. Very happy with the effort all employees made. Very fast work but high quality results.

Description of Work
Reroof and insulation.

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Thank you for the excellent review [Member Name Removed]! So happy to hear you're pleased with your new roof and attic insulation! We appreciate your support and are looking forward to the next chance to serve you!

08/19/2020

Lisa D.

Good job start to finish. Lots of verbal interaction. Company worked to meet our needs. The crew headed by Sergio was incredible. The gutter man Irak was friendly and helpful. All very quiet considering the work that was done. Left the site very clean. Roof and gutters look great and are sound.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review [Member Name Removed]! We value your feedback and are happy to hear your experience with us was exceptional! We look forward to serving you and your home again in the future!

07/24/2020

Ronald T.

Could not get an estimate. They can not work with a person that has a job. You must be there for the estimate but their last appointment is at 2:00 in the afternoon. To get an estimate I would have to find someone qualified to take my place on my job and take the whole day off as nobody is willing to only work for half a day. Service...terrible. Cant work with a working man

Description of Work
Reproof and redneck house

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

We deeply regret that we were unable to find a suitable time to provide you with an estimate for a new roof. Our goal is to always make the process of getting a bid as easy as possible for all of our customers. We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience when trying to schedule an estimate and will use this experience to evaluate our current practices. We wish you success in your upcoming project. Thank you.

04/24/2020

Matt M.

Very pleased with our new gutters! Customer service from beginning to end was perfect. Even handled our material change order within 2 days of scheduled service without any delay! Excellent communication, quality of workmanship, attention to detail, reliability... price and time estimates were on target or better. Technician offered superior option for placement of downspouts, which we wouldn't have previously considered.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

03/26/2020

Alex D.

Excellent work, my wife and I enjoyed watching the very happy and skilled workers as they went about their business of removing our entire roof and replacing it with All New Quality materials. As a builder myself I can tell these guys are really good at what they do and after a full year has gone by with ZERO issues I am still looking at my new roof and admiring the quality of their work. Great Job Valentine

Description of Work
Complete Tear off and new roofing including new gutters and downspouts

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We enjoy watching our skilled craftsmen do what they best as well! It always feels like they are putting on a show. We hope we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future on another project or with one of many services, like roof maintenance.

03/11/2020

Scott D.

Second year that I used valentine roofing to clean large and steep roof. First year my roof had lots of moss. They worked really hard. No pressure washers used. All by hand. Three guys did great work. Good value. One guy did this years work. A lot easier. He was a pleasure and professional. Did a great job and did not skip any steps. Will use again. Great value.

Description of Work
Cleaned roof

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience [Member Name Removed]! We strive to make every customer experience exceptional. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

02/29/2020

John B.

The installation went well. The roof looks great and they cleaned up well after the installation was complete.

Description of Work
Roof & Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights