Sayers Fuel

3809 Rainier Ave S

Seattle, WA 98118

08/23/2020

Liz P.

Even though sayers fuel is much closer, I’ve gone to Cedar Grove or Burien Bark all 7 or 8 times I’ve picked up soil this summer because sayers is only open 9-3 M-F and 9(?)-2 Sat, which is inconvenient for me. They seem very friendly and accommodating and their prices are better than other soil suppliers in the city. They have me moo doo, which is great, and the garden soil blend looks promising and they said they would even mix it to order. The mulch options are limited to the kind that’s full of tiny pieces of wood (tiny but bigger than sawdust) mixed with manure or compost or something, which I’m guessing is probably very functional but to me it looks unnatural, and red/brown, smallish or maybe medium shredded bark—a practical choice for them as it’s probably the most commonly used beauty bark. I prefer the “aged Forrest product” mulches at cedar grove to either of theirs but that’s mainly an aesthetic choice. If I did buy mulch there it would be nice to have more options, but I realize their space is limited. Overall I would really like this to be my go-to soil shop as it would save time and money but I’m afraid with the limited hours I’d be surprised if I ever make it in time.

Description of Work
Bulk soil amendments

Category firewood,pavers, gravel

01/04/2015

Trina M.

Delivery went well, but not all of the wood is seasoned so it doesn't all burn well. Also they don't have any hardwood which is known to be the best for fire wood quality and duration.

Description of Work
Deliver wood.

11/10/2011

David M.

When I called they took my name and number and said they werewaiting for a delivery of wood from eastern Washingotn. They called back within two days and scheduled delivery. The wood arrived on the back of a small dump truck and the driver was able to back it right up our driveway to the spot we store the wood before dumping it. He was very friendly and personable. The price was decent for 'delivered' firewood, but not exactly cheap. However, we received significantly more than our 1/4 cord firewood rack could hold. So that was a bonus. The firewood was pine, it was clean and nicely split, and it stacked easily. I would give it an A, except that it doesn't burn quite as easily as I would like. Probably it has not cured for quite as long as it needs to, but I hear this is fairly typical for commercial firewood. In the future I will order my firewood in the spring and allow it to cure throughout the summer. Overall though, we have had some nice fires with this wood, and when it comes time to order again, I will call Sayers.

Description of Work
I purchased 1/4 cord of firewood from this company.

09/05/2011

Diana M.

I ordered the firewood on Aug. 21st and requested it be delivered on Aug. 28th. They arrived on the specified date , almost on time. I can't fault them for being half an hour late, our house is a bit difficult to find! The firewood, half a cord, was dumped exactly where I wanted it with no problem. The driver was very courteous and careful to keep the wood in one place. They do not stack the wood, but then, hardly anyone does. I felt the price, $213.00, was very fair in light of other estimates I received. I would definitely use Sayers agaiwhen I am in need of firewood and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for firewood.

Description of Work
ordered firewood from Sayers Fuel to be delivered.

02/28/2011

Ginger W.

I just gave them a call and they got the cheque. They were here and predictable enough when I needed the cheque. It were pretty good work and I like them. I don’t mind paying the price which I paid for the service. They say they will be here and they will come on time. They are in this business from a long time and they understand what you are saying, and what you are trying to do.

Description of Work
I recently used Sayers Fuel this year. I stack the cord in my house and then call them one day.

09/11/2009

Ginger W.

They were here when they said they'd be within minutes which is unusual. They were dependable and predictable and they put the wood right where they were supposed to.

Description of Work
Sayers Fuel delivered a half cart of wood.

01/09/2009

Curtis F.

Communications were clear and delivery was punctual. However, be aware that they dump the firewood from their dump truck - they will not get it to where you want to stack it unless they can get their dump truck to that spot. The quality of the wood is pretty good and it is well-seasoned, but about 1/4 of it shows signs of having been wet for extended period and is slightly waterlogged, but the wood generally burns well. We got our money's worth, especially considering that it was early December when we ordered and got the wood.

Description of Work
Delivered split firewood to home.

12/16/2008

WARD D.

No problems. I was pleased with the product and service.

Description of Work
Delivered 1/4 cord of wood to the door. They provided timely service and delivery of good firewood. Price was a little high, but good for the service provided. I would recommend and use again.

01/01/2008

Sharon D.

It was excellent! He arrived and had the wood ready to go when I asked him about how much quantity was 1/2 of the cord. We then started discussing that 1/2 of it was going to go to a friend about 2 miles away. I told him I was going to share it with one of my friends and then he offered to take it to her. I could not believe it as it was totally above and beyond what he needed to do. What a blessing that was because a 1/2 cord is way more wood than I thought and I would be delivering it for days!! So, he followed me up to her house and took the rest of the load.

Description of Work
The work was to deliver firewood to my house cut and ready to burn.

10/16/2007

YUKA I.

Went fine. Delivery was very quick, within one day of calling. They only knocked off $20 for not splitting the wood. I assumed it would be more. But then again, I don't really know what the actual cost of splitting the wood really is. They included one very large diameter log which was great since I can use it as a chopping block. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. The wood is dry and burns great.

Description of Work
Delivered 1 cord of firewood to my house. I asked for unsplit wood, which they did.

F&L Ponce Services

We specialize in retaining walls/Patios. We also specialize in Clean ups for all year long.

Green Spaces Landscaping LLC

Green Spaces Landscaping is a Redmond based landscape company that offers custom residential landscaping services throughout the greater Puget Sound Area. Our award-winning design and build firm has been serving customers for over 15 years, establishing a distinctive reputation as a dedicated landscape architecture design-build firm in the area. Green Spaces is proudly owned by Ryan Sarvis who is a 3rd generation green industry professional. His passion and hands on shows in his designs and high level of customer satisfaction. This approach encourages employees to take pride in their work. Our landscape design team is unique in that each architect also serves as the project manager, acting as a single point of contact for the client and ensuring the highest quality service. Our close attention to detail and strong support system results in the development of extraordinary residential properties and stunning outdoor structures that will add beauty to the yard and home.

Offers by Green Spaces Landscaping LLC on Angi
    Arca Landscaping

Arca Landscaping is a Family own Business. We are focus on quality and details to make sure that your house stands out from the others. We work with everyone needs for their house. Were your vision of your back and front yard can come a reality.

Firewood