S Landau Services

Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2010

5606 14th Ave NW Ste C

Seattle, WA 98107

For many, understanding every aspect of personal finance can be daunting. From investments to retirement to insurance, the decisions can be overwhelming. That’s where my firm comes in. Whether you have significant assets to manage--or if you are just starting to accumulate wealth--we have the tools and background to provide the services that fit your needs. Our goal is to provide you with guidance that can help you understand and better define your financial goals. My team and I work hard to create a mutually beneficial and respectful long-term relationship with our clients and their families. I take pride in knowing that I have helped many people pursue the type of financial future they dreamed about. For more information about my firm and our services, please call. I would enjoy learning more about your goals and dreams. We provide Tax and Financial Services in a professional, relaxed, non-judgmental environment. Our comfortable office in Ballard has free, off-street parking....

03/22/2022

MARK B.

I have dealt with Steve for over 10 years and the results have been the same each time. Excellent. They send out a package every January via either email or USPS to return customers with a checklist and other forms required to be filled out to allow them to process your tax return. I dropped off my tax papers and all of the necessary forms on Jan. 31st. Steve reviewed everything and politely told me that I had neglected to sign a number of the forms I thought I had signed. He looked over all of the paperwork I submitted, asked a few questions and said he had all he needed to proceed. I asked a few questions and as always he either knew the answer or went to one of his many books for the answer. From the number of books he has dealing with the US tax system it's a wonder anyone can work with it. He said I would be contacted when the return was complete. I was notified and went back to the office Feb. 9th to pick up the completed return. Very efficient, professional and a very personable man to talk to. I have the utmost trust and confidence in his services.

Description of Work
Income Tax Return Preparation

04/06/2021

MARK B.

I have worked with Steve for 10 years which speaks to his service in itself. I dropped off my tax papers about Feb. 15th and since we are practicing "social distancing" they didn't review what I submitted. I received a few calls from Leah requesting additional information that I had not included which I submitted online. Received a call from them around the first week of March that return was ready. Made an appt. for Mar. 8th. We have met for 10 years so we both know how the meetings go and there is as much talk about our personal lives as there is the business at hand. He is a very personable fellow and I enjoy talking to him. Given the COVID issue we minimized the personal talk and addressed the few issues I wanted clarification on regarding the return. As always he has the answer immediately or he grabs one of his many books that does have the answer. He never has not had an answer for me. It was another very enjoyable meeting even though it was brief. I've said before I'm sure there are tax accountants as good as Steve professionally but I don't think you will find a more personable one in the Northwest.

Description of Work
2020 Tax Return Preparation

07/29/2020

Arvind N.

Steven Landau has been doing my taxes for several years. I find his services professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Federal Tax Returns

07/20/2020

Jann J.

As usually we were very pleased with S. Landau Services. This year Steven even caught an error on our W2, it made a difference in our favor! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Yearly Taxes

07/17/2020

Susan R.

He is just really good. Through. A very nice man and explains things well. I haven't had any problems since I have been going to him.

Description of Work
He does my taxes every year and helped me navigate an IRS situation years ago

05/12/2020

Joel A.

S Landau Services were great! My issue was time sensitive and they worked me in to their schedule very quickly. I will be working with them again.

Description of Work
Accounting Consultation

08/27/2019

kim S.

We've been with Steven since 2014 and we'll continue to use his service. We were very fortunate to obtain him since he was not accepting new clients at the time but he made an exception due to our dire need. Also, I enjoy coming in to see Helen (receptionist) who is friendly and proficient. We highly recommend Steven (Landau Services) who is very patient, knowledgeable and trustworthy!!

Description of Work
individual income tax, 1040 schedules 1, 3, 4, work sheet, etc.

07/16/2019

jill Z.

We trust Steve Landau and he has continually saved us money every year. Steve and his staff have (quite pleasantly) helped our family out, doing our taxes (husband, child, and me) for the last 8 years. I used to proudly take on the job myself.- it took the best of five days and many calls to the IRS,. I often got penalties or corrections for my trouble. Now, I roughly figure what I owe, and file an extension to have Steve do the taxes, later in the summer when I have time to gather specifically what he tells me he needs. We've sold homes, had unusual itemized deductions, small business, high medical bills, business/profession expenses, home home energy credit, tuition; as well as various dealings with bonds, annuities, pensions, a dissolved family partnership, and the sale of stock bought by grandpa in the 1930s with no cost basis. Always, Steve has shown us a cost savings above and beyond what his fees have been. He also informs us on what we can do to be on the best side of the tax laws, and actions to take, so we don't incur penalties, going forth. I counted the forms and calculation documents he filled this year; 18-. We paid him about $700 for this and not only got the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly, but also the savings to us, were about $1600 over what I'd figured the IRS was owed earlier.

Description of Work
Complex taxes- especially last time with sale of a house, retirement, medical cost and more

06/11/2019

MARK B.

I made an appointment with Steve Jan. 28th to drop my paperwork off at his office Feb.6th for him to prepare my tax return. It should be noted that I was on a tight schedule as I was leaving the state on the 14th of Feb. He said he could accommodate me for which I was grateful. I dropped off my paperwork on Feb. 6th. We then made an appointment for Feb. 13th to pick up the completed return. I picked up the completed return on Feb.13th. As always we sit and he discusses the return in general and any significant differences from last years which may be of importance for the following years return. He will offer any tips he may have regarding the new tax laws for the coming year. Additionally he answers any questions I have and if he has ever said "I don't know" it was probably because the question didn't have an answer. I have used Steve's services for at least 10 years and there no doubt are accountants as good as Steve but I would hesitate to say there are any better ones.

Description of Work
Preparation of tax forms required to submit to the IRS for yearly tax return

06/09/2019

Dennis M.

I've been a customer of S Landau Services for 6 years. I've received excellent personalized service for all things federal tax as a self-employed individual. I've also used S Landau for estate tax, and tax planning. I expect to be utilizing the company in perpetuity.

Description of Work
Federal tax return preparation

Category accountant, financial advisor, notary services

04/20/2019

Rica R.

Have not had any concerns or worries - our taxes were always filed on time. His advice has been spot on.

Description of Work
Steven has completed and filed our taxes for about the past six years. He is professional, friendly, sincere, and very knowledgeable in all aspects of finances and taxes.

04/19/2019

Mark A.

Steven has been my "tax guy" since 2012. I highly recommend Steven when it's tax time.

Description of Work
Tax Return

04/02/2019

Rema A.

S Landeau services are very organized and consistently complete our taxes, by sending preparation packets where they ask excellent questions to ensure that all areas that need to be included and considered to be part of our return. After the taxes are prepared, they explain each part and are responsive to any questions we may have. They are also very knowledgeable in guiding for family planning and investments.

Description of Work
Yearly tax preparation for the last 5 years

08/09/2018

Peggy Y.

I have used this firm for ten years even though I live in Redmond. He is in Ballard but easy to find and worth the ride. I can trust them completely and know they have all the tax regulations at hand. You can get investment help plus they even work with a charming lawyer in the building. I am happy to say that he was New to Seattle in 2008 but is growing and retaining the personal, rapid response to inquiries and excellent tax advice and preparation. Peggy York

Description of Work
Tax prep for 10 years

05/23/2018

Alison M.

Clear overview of services and prices were given. Other services were offered, and I did not want them and they were never mentioned again. No hard sell. Personable, professional, prompt. I will use them again for sure if I need them.

Description of Work
Tax Services

05/17/2018

Blair B.

Steven has provided excellent service. Our taxes have a number of elements (a private business, two rental properties, investments, obamacare insurance). He has been very knowledgeable about anything we have needed. He knows about taxes as well as investment matters, which makes him helpful with planning. At times, our questions have been about issues that are pretty new (e.g., obamacare) and he has either known the answer or done the research to get them. He is responsive to questions that come up during the year. His personality makes him very easy to converse and feel comfortable with. i recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Steven has done our tax returns for the last 3 years. He has also provided us consultation at times about tax-related issues.

05/09/2018

AMY B.

We continue to go to S Landau every year for our taxes. This year was a little more confusing than most due to some personal situations and getting all our paperwork together, but Steven is ridiculously patient with us. We had to do an extension this year, and his estimated tax for us turned out to be a little over (better that than under!) so we will be getting some money back. Communication is very good and he has a sense of humor, so while getting our taxes done is not a favorite process, he makes it bearable. This is the 8th or 9th year we've gone to him, and we will continue to use his services as long as he is in business.

Description of Work
2017 Federal income taxes and some extra out-of-state taxes.

04/30/2018

Cindy & Mike F.

Again they did a great job and also suggested some advice.

Description of Work
Again they prepared our Federal Income Taxes.

04/28/2018

MARK B.

I contacted Steven Landau Services towards the end of February and scheduled a time to drop off my tax return papers for processing. I met with Helen Feb. 23rd and she reviewed my papers and checked off as complete. Very pleasant lady to talk to. At that time she said expect approximately a 3 week turnaround. I have used Steven's services for a number of years and I always try and look at the job from his perspective. The more organized your papers are the easier his job is. And since he strikes me as one of the more ethical business men I know I don't want him contacting me over omissions of documents he needs to complete his job. I was contacted mid March and scheduled a pick up time for March 16th. Met with Steven and he walked me through the return. Since it wasn't much different from last year there wasn't much to discuss about the return but every question I asked he had an answer for even if he had to consult one of his many volumes of government tax regulations. Steven and I get along really well so much of our talk is about how we're doing along with our adventures in life. I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone who wants their taxes done correctly. Incidentally I met with Steven to pick up my return March 16th at which time he electronically filed the return to process my refund. The refund was deposited in my checking account March 23rd.

Description of Work
Prepare 2017 Income Tax return

04/21/2018

Rema A.

Excellent tax preparation, very knowledgeable and thorough. Very flexible in either coming in for document review and consultations or by using secure online option. Steven gives helpful financial guidance and offers great options for financial management.

Description of Work
Taxes and financial planning

04/05/2018

Sean D.

Barry was great. Very professional, timely, and thorough. We have been using Steven and Barry for a number of years now and have always been happy with the service they have provided. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Federal tax preparation and submission

12/29/2017

Cindy & Mike F.

Steven sent all his clients an email about the new Tax Reforms and how they would/would not affect us. He then made himself available to answer questions prior to the end of 2017. Year after year, Steven provides us with excellent Tax services. This year he went above and beyond with the information he provided as noted above. We did make a financial transaction based on his email which we needed to complete by December 31, 2017. Because of his initial email and subsequent telephone conversations we accomplished the task. I cannot recommend Steven enough. We have had several tax preparers over the years and Steve is the best of the best. I noted 0.00 as this service is part of the tax preparation package which we paid earlier this year when filing and will pay next year when filing again.

Description of Work
Year end tax advice

06/29/2017

C Landon W.

It went great. I first used them for my 2011 taxes from a Groupon. 2011 involved an out-of-state move, new job, and childcare stuff, so I figured I'd use them for that year and then go back to doing my taxes myself. It was so worth the nominal fee I paid, that I've continued each year!

Description of Work
We have our annual federal taxes completed by Steven and crew. They are always gracious, timely, and professional.

04/19/2017

Peter M.

Very smoothly. Steven and Melanie are easy to work with, very clear about what they will do and when, and what they need from you. My only issue is that the cost for the service rose quite steeply after the initial year. My taxes are not super simple; but they have been consistent for the past years and I probably could find cheaper service. I doubt that I could find service that is as detail oriented and professional. I would highly recommend S Landau Services!

Description of Work
Annual tax return prepared. This was the third or fourth year that they have done my taxes.

04/19/2017

Reed H.

I travel extensively for my work and Steven and team are unmatched in their professionalism and responsiveness. I need flexibility and they offer just that to people who need it most. They communicate, set expectations, and do what they say. Outstanding work for two consecutive years and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Thanks for the great partnership!

Description of Work
Steven and team worked tirelessly, provided all the insight I needed, and helped me understand complex options to complete my tax returns on my behalf.

Burnell Financial

Dwayne Burnell, MBA, is a Wealth Strategist & Author. Dwayne is also a Fiduciary Advisor in the greater Seattle Area and on the Eastside. Dwayne provides solutions to help his clients gain financial security and independence. He empowers his clients by providing customized financial strategies that focus on growth but also provide financial protection and safety. Dwayne has always operated with, and continues to provide, the highest standard of financial knowledge and care for his clients - referred to as a "fiduciary" standard - always putting his clients' best interest first.

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

S Landau Services

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    Financial Planning
    Notary
    Washington
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, American Express, PayPal

Taxes, Tax Planning, Retirement Planning, Professional Money, Investment, & Family Risk Management.

Bookkeeping