Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since January 2009

4.1

2600 5th Ave

Seattle, WA 98121

Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. And there’s no extra for nights, weekends and holidays. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and

08/11/2021

Angela L.

The actual remediation was performed but they grossly overbilled for the work. a $3000 dollar job they billed over $16,000.00 and when the error was pointed out that they failed to adjust the invoicing for the work performed. My insurance worked with them and took all the work they did and ran it through the same estimating software and they still would not adjust the billing. They are now threating sending me to collections for the remaining balance that insurance didn't pay.

Description of Work
Water Leak under house repaired and Water Remediation and Mold Remediation was done.

Category water damage restoration

01/28/2021

Heather B.

The worst company we have ever dealt with and I mean EVER! On 1/8/21 my aunt called Roto Rooter to get an estimate for a bathtub faucet replacement. She asked twice specifically what they charge per hour and was told they don't charge by the hour, it's by the job. She asked if they charge to go get parts - and was told NO. They said it's $69.95 to come out and diagnose the problem but if they do the work they don't charge the $69.95. She also called another smaller company and was told they also do it by the job and $49.95 to come out. However, Roto Rooter is a bigger company so she thought there prices would be more reasonable. Also, they could come out first, so they mistakenly choose them. Anyways, the tech was supposed to be there at 2 pm, she called at 2:30 pm to see when he would arrive... he finally got there at 3pm. He helped my uncle remove the front panel along the front of the tub so he could access the Faucet - took him 20 minutes. He stated that we needed a new Faucet and he had to go to Home Depot to get it. He had my aunt sign an almost blank work order stating he would be doing the job. It included her name, address, phone number... no prices were written down at that point. He said did you know faucets can be $800 - $900? It was so ridiculous she figured he had to be kidding but she said it better not be, I've seen them for way cheaper than that. I now think he was testing her at that point, to see how clueless they really were. Mind you, she was in a panic before calling them because that night before when she turned on the faucet, the handle had fallen off and water was going everywhere - so they had to shut the main water valve off, to make it stop. So she was already stressed. Anyways, the tech drove to Home Depot and purchased a Chrome Glacier Bay Roman Tub Faucet for $134 + $12.06 tax total $146.06. When he got back and first walked in the door he stated I saved you $307.88. He didn't elaborate as to how so she figured he meant off the faucet. He removed the old faucet and installed the new faucet, that was it. There was no other parts or lines that needed fixed, just a simple switching out of the faucets, and very easy to access since the panel was off. He also didn't replace the access panel on the front of the tub, my uncle did that. He left the house at 5:57 pm. So it took him 3 hours to help remove the access panel, drive to Home Depot and back and replace the faucet. And this is what he charged and the breakdown of costs! Faucet $292.12 (he doubled the cost). Labor $399/hour cause now he says it's by the hour $399 x 4 $1596 - Overcharged 1 hour. Tax $169.95. Total charge $2058.05 - INSANE. When my aunt asked how did he save her $307.88 he said the job price would of been $2196, so he did by the hour instead. These prices are so f#$%@!# Insane. She called Roto Rooter about 20 times and finally spoke to a manager (Marcus) who says $399 is the going rate per hour for a plumber and these are standard prices in the plumbing industry. In the end, he took $599 off the bill. Meaning this 3 hour job still cost $1459.05. I have tried calling Roto Rooter's GM, but he never calls back and you just get the run around. So I called 5 different plumbers in the Seattle area to find out what there going rates are and what this job should of cost. Average cost per hour $164... but most do it by the job. How the "industry" marks up parts when they have to go get them: 50% markup. Concensus that this job 1) shouldn't of taken 3 hours. 2) cost should of been between $375 - $525. These plumbing companies were shocked at these prices. But then I told them it was Roto Rooter and 3 out of 5 said "oh, that's no surprise". This is down right BS and will be reported to the BBB. Nothing about this company is stand up and it's unheard of what they do to customers, especially senior citizens. Unfortunately, there easy to rip off and most of them don't know how to review or report such scummy businesses! They absolutely should have disclosed the price before doing the work - Nobody would of agreed to that price! NOBODY! We will NEVER use this company again nor will any friends or family. This place should be out of business!!!

Description of Work
Replace Bathtub Faucet

10/03/2018

Patrick C.

Fast, professional, and personable.. Scheduling was easy. Both technicians were also military veterans which is way cool!

Description of Work
Replaced Pressure Reducing Valve on main water line; replace hose bib on back of house.

09/30/2018

Rob S.

Sadly the website has the Plumbing contractor information wrong and it was done by Joe @ CEDAR SERVICES PLUMBING Not Roto Rooter !!!! They were awful where Joe was very nice, professional and worked with us on the time and price. Thank you Joe !!!

Description of Work
Bathtub Plumbing repair of two leaking faucets.

09/22/2018

Sandra R.

Didn't show up in the time window so I called them. They said they were real busy and that they had changed my time window to later in the day (without letting me know this). That time window also passed, so I called them again. again they said sorry but they were so busy that day and set an even later time window (last of the day) that someone would show up. Didn't happen. I finally called them one last time at end of business day, and asked why they could not give me a ball park estimate of what it might cost for camera scoping. They finally said they would have someone call me. He did and gave me an estimate over the phone. Could have been done from the beginning. I spent all day at home waiting for them to come -- I would never contact this company again.

Description of Work
Needed an estimated price to do camera check of downspout drainage lines. They said they would have to come out to give me a cost estimate. Set a date and time window (a week in advance) to come out.

07/31/2018

Cathy Z.

Our water heater stopped working, I called this company and they arranged the coming time next day from 8am-1pm. I called them around 1 pm and was told they were all busy I had to wait, the technician actually showed up after 3 pm. He tested the gas controlled pilot and diagnosed the thermocouples not work, and he went out to buy the thermocouples, which I thought they should have in their service auto as a very common part, but they did not. The technician came back and replaced the thermocouple, the heater still did not work, after another hour, he told me the thermostat should be replaced, and he told me to contact manufacture to get the thermostat since the water heater is still in warranty time. He also told me to call him again when I get the part and there would be another charge of around $400 for installation. That day, I paid him $598 for his work and the heater was still not working when he left. Though I believe the technician should be paid for their hourly work, but $598 is really too much for his work.

Description of Work
water heater

Category water heater repair

06/27/2018

Susan T.

I had a toilet and shower back up in my downstairs bathroom and it was a particular problem because my upstairs bathroom was being remodeled and unusable. I called Roto-rooter and they said they would have someone out 4 hours later. It was the best I could get. Then they called back and said they would be able to send Fernando right away. Fernando showed up and ended up solving the problem quickly and was able to explain to me what caused it and how to prevent further incident. Fernando was very courteous and professional and easy to work with making me feel valued as a customer and secure in what was going on with my plumbing.

Description of Work
My toilet and shower were not draining

04/28/2018

Scott G.

BEWARE!!!! Rotorooter flooded my house and now they're jerking me around. Photos of the tore up house in the profile are mine...they show the damage done by Rotorooter. Do not use Rotorooter...go with someone who fully guaranteed their work and material, Rotorooter will blame their fault on the materials and try to not cover the damage. I contracted Rotorooter to fix one leaky pipe, a slow drip really. One hour and 1100.00 later, the pipe was fixed. That's it, just the pipe...They didn't replace the water heater or have to go into any walls...one exposed interior pipe. I wish that was the end of it... Two days later the work Rotorooter did failed, causing my main water line to release thousands of gallons of water into my home. They were quick to apologize and say "we're going to take care of you", fix the coupler, and tear my house apart to dry up their mess. They said and did everything right the first few days, but its been a laughable response since. This was four weeks ago...it took their leadership team a week to come out to assess the damage and realize "wow, we really screwed up and have to engage our insurance". It took a week for their insurance to do anything...I had to contact them multiple times; P.S. Sedgwick Claims Management is their insurance and their 1 star average Google reviews say everything. The current feedback I'm getting is leaning much more toward not taking care of me. Now Rotorooter won't talk to me, simply saying "...once our insurance company is involved, they will be your point of contact regarding your claim. Any and all questions and concerns should be directed to them...". They've changed their "we're going to do the right thing and take care of you" tune to "f#$k your f$%king house". I'm beside myself upset and frustrated. Now their insurance wants me to give them the failed coupler, the only tangible piece of evidence that will definitively prove their liability. While I do understand it's reasonable for the part to be assessed, they've had four plumbers and two assessors look at it already and see no fault. Having it looked at again seems excessive, and at this point I don't trust Rotorooter or Sedgwick to not use this as an opportunity to be rid of me. I suspect they want the coupler so they can "have it tested" as they say, where I'm sure it will inevitably get "misplaced" after they've "proven" the part was faulty. Do yourself a favor and either do the work yourself, call Mr. Rooter, or call Beacon Plumbing.

Description of Work
A minor leak on an exposed interior pipe

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, drain cleaning

03/05/2018

Chris M.

We had a leaking toilet and called roto-router to come look at the issue. They gave us a window of between 11:00-3:00. We made sure to be at house when they arrived. At approximately 2:00 I received a call saying they were 6-7 hrs behind schedule (not sure how that’s even possible). They said they wouldn’t be able to be there that day, but could be there 1st thing in the morning. I asked what time and they said, “the earliest would be 9:00 a.m.” and so I confirmed that would work. I drove back to the house the next morning at 9:00. No show. I called and they said they didn’t have anyone available and could be there between 9:00-1:00. The dispatcher I spoke to kept telling me that they were sorry that someone told me 9:00, but that it wasn’t them who told me that. I cancelled and called another highly reviewed provider from Angie’s list who was able to be there within an hour.

Description of Work
Leaking toilet

10/30/2017

ELIZABETH H.

Tim was courteous and very efficient in completing an emergency situation. Our water heater had sprung a leak and was compromising our kitchen floor and Tim fit us in on a Sunday and completed the work the same evening, by purchasing and installing a new water heater, after removing the old defective one. I definitely recommend his work ethic and "can do" attitude. I called in the emergency order at 1:13 PM on Sunday and he arrived at 3:13 PM and completed the job by 6:25 PM, working past his normal cut off time, to make sure that my problem was taken care of.

Description of Work
Water heater was leaking

Category water heater repair, drain cleaning

10/09/2017

Darrell H.

Everything went great except the price.

Description of Work
Replacement of garbage disposal

09/25/2017

Barbara S.

It took him about an hour to get it unclogged but now it works great!

Description of Work
The kitchen drain at church was backing up into the mechanical room.

09/19/2017

Gary G.

Original estimate seemed high & overlooked problem of multiple utility lines in the same area, meaning we could not burst & replace, but had to re-line. However, the company stood by its initial estimate & did not charge us more.

Description of Work
Install external clean-out. Replace or re-line side sewer.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

09/12/2017

Burt W.

We had a problem with our drain. I was quite satisfied with their service. He threw an analysis in free which he could have charged for, so I think that was a nice consideration.

Description of Work
He rooted out some roots that broke.

09/12/2017

Arthur F.

They were super. My regular plumber who is also very good but they could not solve the problem because the problem recurred. Figuring this would be some severe duty stuff. I called Roto Rooter. They were perfect. We had a basement bathroom where the sink was not draining. They cleared it. I do not remember the price but I do remember that it was surprising large but I was happy to pay it. Because the service had been so good. The guy himself was courteous, polite, careful with everything, cleaned up well afterwards. It was a very positive response to him. I would certainly recommend them to anyone. The guy did exactly what he was supposed to do and quickly even. I would use them again. I have a many many years standing relationship with a plumbing firm. I don't want to desert my long time plumbing firm who has been very good to me but the bigger the problem, the more likely I would call Roto Rooter. They guy who came out is Antonio. I am personally grateful for him.

Description of Work
They unclogged a bathroom drain.

09/11/2017

JOAN F.

he did a good job cleaning the drain but overcharged us based on age and location

Description of Work
kitchen sink drain

09/09/2017

Sky S.

Called Roto-Rooter and they were initially very responsive although eager to get me off the phone and move on. They said they could be out in two hours which we thought was wonderful so we proceeded with the service. Two hours later they called back and said they had a more urgent client and they were canceling but that we could schedule for the following day if we desired. This left us without a bathroom or any ability to run water with raw sewage in the house and it was then too late to get anyone else to the house for a repair. We were forced to vacate our home for the night as I am pregnant and being without a bathroom is not an option.

Description of Work
Had a main line blocked and backing up sewage into the toilet and sink of a one bathroom only home at 5pm in the evening.

08/07/2017

Nina H.

Worked quickly and efficiently to open drains.

Description of Work
Clogged laundry and bathroom sink drains.

07/18/2017

James E.

10 minutes and it was $400. They did knock a $100 off after calling. They price by the job so be aware. They could track the plumbers time by GPS which is why they knew it was a short visit. That is why they are getting an A vs. a B. The work great, fast, punctual and HONEST.

Description of Work
Sink was backed up.

06/26/2017

Jimmy T.

Rotor Rooter had the right equipment and technician was very competent at performing this work. Their response to my call was within 2 hours and the work was done in 1 hour.

Description of Work
Clear sewer drain and inspect with a fiber camera.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

06/12/2017

Alice R.

The work is fine, though I felt it was probably overpriced. Mostly, I feel like these guys take advantage of people who feel they have an emergency in their home that needs immediate attention. They over-dramatize what is happening in your pipes to try to sell additional services. I was glad to have the work done within days of the problem, but hated how terrible they made me feel. I would never go with them again.

Description of Work
clean roots, root treatment, install sewer clean out

Category excavators, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

06/02/2017

Stephanie P.

Narcis was friendly and very informative. What we initially thought was needed was for the toilet to be cleared. Narcis put a camera though our pipes and explained we had missing piping under the toilet. Although the cost was unexpected, Narcis was fair in the estimate. He also came back to our house to ensure the job was on track. Sandeep was the plumber who did all the work and did a great job and took much pride in his work. Sandeep provided 5 star work. Best part is the work is guaranteed.

Description of Work
Pipe under toilet was broken. Sandeep had to jackhammer the cement bathroom floor and dig to expose the piping. the clay pipe was missing the bottom half of the pipe. He patched up the piping to the main line not requiring excavation of our driveway.

Category excavators, plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

04/24/2017

Wai C.

from the very start the guy trying to up sale other service. He pull number out of his &*$%. Since we don't have time to get another estimate, we just have him to do the minimum. He doesn't warranty any of his work at all. ***

Description of Work
plumbing - clear our a slow drain

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/13/2017

Kyle S.

Ron from Roto-Rooter showed up quickly. He was very professional and knowledgeable and helped solve a very unique and odd situation. He was friendly and honest and I would absolutely call him for future issues.

Description of Work
Had a blockage in my main sewer line due to a piece of piping left inside the sewer line from a previous owner. As a result, all bathrooms drains were not draining.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/11/2017

DARCEL L.

Technician was nice and on time. But the price seemed ridiculous.

Description of Work
Came out the same day to look at my clogged kitchen sink which I appreciated. However, he quoted me $409 to snake my kitchen sink. That seemed way too high, so I passed and called someone else.

Category drain cleaning

Rain Pros Inc

As the name implies, we are professionals of the rain. If it hasn’t rained, and you want it to, we do that. If it has rained too much and it is ruining your landscape or is damaging your home, we solve that. If you would like to catch the rain when you have too much and use it when it hasn’t rained, we even fully automate that. Our professionals have years of experience in drainage and irrigation installation and repair and maintenance. We are very proud to be growing company and leader in each of our fields. For bid requests please email our general manager (Brandon@RainPros.com). Sprinkler and Drainage inspection and repairs please contact our service coordinator at (253) 678-7111 Additional email- customerservice@rainpros.com

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Wu Construction

Wu Construction Inc, specializes in drainage and foundation systems construction and repair. Since our founding in 1983, we have successfully completed thousands of projects for homeowners and businesses throughout the Northwest. We are the best in our industry, and well regarded by our customers for our excellent service. We are lauded for our speedy responses to inquiries, our efficiency and the quality of our work.

Offers Coupon

Northwest Water & Fire Restoration, Corp.

At Northwest Water and Fire, we understand the heartache and turmoil emergencies can bring, for both your business and home. We are an owner operated, non-franchised, self-started and rapidly growing company focused on providing quality, speedy and supportive service. Whether you face damage from fire, water, mold or some other catastrophe, our mission in to help you get your life back to normal.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Residential & commercial installation, repair and replacement sewer & drains, faucets, sinks, toilets, showers & tubs, water lines & pipework.

plumbing and drain services