Jerry the Bee Guy

With Angi since November 2011

Seattle, WA 98103

Cost is determined by the job.

09/04/2018

KATHLEEN S.

Perfectly. Marvin removed the nest swiftly without any spraying, and the wasps have not come back. He was also friendly!

Description of Work
removal of small wasps' nest

09/16/2017

Jack B.

Marvin removed a large bald-faced hornet nest from our backyard, using no pesticides, no chemicals, etc. He as amazing! Our kids and all the neighbor kids were in awe! Will definitely hire him again if we need him.

Description of Work
Hornet/Wasp nest removal.

06/09/2017

Ben P.

Marvin did a fantastic job with our bumblebees. We had a hive in our pampas grass near the house. He was quick to respond when we sent an email late in the day, and the next morning, he was out at the house helping out. Marvin took care of clearing out the hive, vacuuming all the bees into a safe container for transportation. He went the extra mile to help make sure that everything was taken care off. In addition, he also provided great insights about working with the bees in the future. The costs were exactly what you see on the website. Thanks for all the great work! We'll be sure to reach out to Marvin again if we need help in the future!

Description of Work
Removal of a honeybee hive from pampas grass in garden

02/27/2017

MARK M.

Marvin from Jerry the Bee Guy used infrared equipment to locate the hive inside the wall cavity. He then cordoned off the area with plastic sheeting, cut open the wall, and removed the hive and all bees there at the time. In addition, he identified the exterior access points, plugged them, and screened off the opening he created in the wall. A few stragglers lived on for a few weeks, but as Marvin anticipated, they died off. I was a little skeptical of that, but he was willing to return to honor the work if the problem had persisted. Like his quarry, Marvin is very busy, but persist and you'll be very satisfied with his work. You'll also learn a lot about bees.

Description of Work
Bees kept appearing inside, and we could not identify their source. Contacted Jerry the Bee Guy to assess and correct the problem.

07/29/2015

Kathleen A.

We discovered a wasp nest about the size of a cantaloupe hanging from a chest-height branch in the rear of our back yard. We looked for the lowest price and had the pleasant surprise of working with someone very personable, professional, and thorough. Jerry happened to be close by and available, and he showed up within an hour or two of calling him. He got to work within a few minutes. While in a protective suit, he bagged the nest, ripped it off the branch, and dunked it into a bucket full of liquid?I'm assuming water or something non-toxic because Jerry's services specifically say he doesn't use poison. He then spent a good ten or fifteen minutes swiping up the airborne wasps with a net and offing them, too. I didn't know much about the life cycle of a wasp queen or how long to avoid the area where the nest had been until all of the drones that had been gone at the time of removal had died off, and Jerry happily answered those questions. He even showed me a wasp nest about the size of a golf ball to demonstrate what I might look for in the future if wasps ever migrated to my area again. A+! I would definitely contact Jerry the Bee Guy again for any future stinging pest problems.

Description of Work
Removed a wasp nest from our back yard.

07/07/2015

Janet H.

Marvin ("Jerry the Bee Guy") is a super nice guy, very knowledgeable about the little creatures he removes, and very careful to try to get them all so as not leave any 'orphans'. He explained what he was doing and cheerfully answered all my questions. It was interesting to watch the removal process. He first bagged the birdhouse with a fabric bag to keep the bumblebees from escaping and then unscrewed the house from the pole so he could take the nest that was inside the house. (It was an old house and had attracted wasps in the past so we were fine with him just taking the whole house.) After he put the house/nest in his vehicle, he came back with a net so he could catch any of the bumblebees that returned to the pole looking for their home. He explained that these were the workers who had been out foraging. If he didn't catch them and relocate them with the rest of the colony, they would die. Marvin didn't want to leave any of them behind and even though it was a hot day, he waited in the sun for over a half an hour in full bee gear to give as many bumblebees as possible time to return. He did a great job at a reasonable price (flat rate for removal plus per-mile travel cost). If I ever have any bee problems in the future, I will call Marvin!

Description of Work
Marvin expertly removed a bumblebee colony that had made its home inside a birdhouse next to our home. He took them away to relocate them somewhere where they would be happy (and so would we)!

07/02/2015

Katherine P.

Marvin quickly assessed the situation, and went into action. He first began by vacuuming up the flying yellow jackets. Then he set about cutting a section of the floor out of my shed, exposing the nest, and removed that as well. Even though, this was the end of a long, hot day of work for Marvin, completely attired in his beekeeper suit, he was cheerful, pleasant and efficient. Everything was tidied up after he was done, and he was on his way after admiring the different species of bees that were visiting my lavender garden. Marvin is working some very long days right now, and I really appreciated that he was able to squeeze me in and vanquish my problem yellow jacket nest with complete confidence in what he was doing. Thank you, Marvin. I would not hesitate to have you back or recommend you to others.

Description of Work
Removed yellow jacket nest under the floor of my shed.

06/03/2015

Joan J.

Marvin was punctual (even a bit early), efficient, and explained the process. He made a suggestion that yard work be postponed in the nest area a few days for safety assurance.

Description of Work
Removed a bee nest from an overgrowth yard area

04/05/2015

Mary B.

Marvin (Jerry the Bee Guy) did a top notch job. He arrived on time, was friendly, knowledgeable and very skilled at his work. He explained the situation and options at each step of the removal process. He was thoughtful and skillful in opening up the exterior portion of the house to gain access to the hive. He was patient ensuring that all the bees, honeycomb and other related materials were removed and that the house frame was well sealed to avoid similar future occupation. He offered advice to minimize any potential reoccurrence. When he was done the fact that he had removed and replaced soffits, shingles and framing was hardly noticeable and didn't even require any touch-up painting. The cost of service, given the time and effort involved, was quite reasonable. We certainly would use his services again if needed, and recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Removed a honey bee hive that was forming inside the framing of our master bedroom window overhang.

02/06/2015

Heather A.

He was great. He was really knowledgeable about bees. He was intent to get them all, and in an effective manner. He was fantastic, and we have recommended him to other people. He was very helpful, and we don't have any more bees.

Description of Work
We used Jerry the Bee Guy. They removed a bumble bee nest.

08/12/2014

David L.

Marvin was great. I called and he came out the very next day and got rid of the nests when our contracted service couldn't. Now, I can get our air conditioning fixed (it was 98 degrees yesterday) because the yellow jackets are gone. I think we'll cancel with our other service and call Marvin from Jerry the Bee Guy when we need him. I'm going to recommend him to all our friends.

Description of Work
Marvin came to get rid of a yellow jacket nest that was underneath our heat pump. The heat pump couldn't be serviced on the hottest day of the year because of the yellow jackets.

10/30/2013

John L.

Marvin arrived and analyzed the problem. I had dozens of bees that would go between the trim on the outside of my front door. There was obviously a space in the overhang in front of my door. Initially he thought he would remove some of the wood that I would have to patch later. Then he asked if there was an attic crawlspace and wanted to go up their and take a look. He realized one getting into the crawlspace that he could remove the bees. There was a large nest and also a honeycomb that that hundreds of baby bees. I am so thankful that he went the extra mile to explore the attic space for removal. A lot less headache and money for me in the end then having to patch the wood!!

Description of Work
Removed a fairly large bee's nest from the crawlspace above my entryway.

10/29/2013

Loren F.

Marvin! Friendly, outgoing, and thorough. No nonsense. No pesticides. A+++

Description of Work
Remove hornets nest from exterior railroad tie stairway.

10/14/2013

Elizabeth B.

I called Jerry the Bee Guy to ask about the bees/wasps I see coming in beneath my front window and get an estimate for removal. Instead, he gave me a free education on the type of pest I probably have and a detailed plan of action on how to watch for the colony to die off for the winter and then seal the entrance . He also told me what to watch and listen for to determine if I have a larger problem in the wall and what to avoid so I don't make the problem worse. I'm going to listen to him and hopefully solve this on my own. If I ever do need a professional, I will definitely call him.

Description of Work
Gave me free advice

10/13/2013

John B.

Marvin (who bought the and quot;Jerry the Bee Guyand quot; business a few years back) was great. He returned my call while I was leaving him a message; we arranged for him to come to my house and remove the nest yet the same afternoon. I could not give precise details on what kind of a nest or even exactly where--all I had to go on was an email from a neighbor who had had a gardener stung that day. By the time I got home, there were no signs that there had ever been a nest. Prompt, easy to work with, thorough, and very reasonably priced. While I hope I don't need the service again, if I do, I'd call him in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Removed an stinging insect nest (we didn't know at the time if it was bees, wasps, yellowjackets, etc).

09/17/2013

Miranda Sofia B.

Marvin (he took over the business from Jerry) was super nice. I called him Friday morning. He was swamped with calls, and ended up coming on Sunday afternoon. He was quite practical as well as cheery. We sat inside the house and watched through the window as he tried a few different ways to access the nest before finally determining that he needed to cut a whole in the ceiling (he got permission from us first). It was fascinating to watch.

Description of Work
Removed a yellow jacket nest from inside our front porch ceiling/ roof.

09/16/2013

Joshua R.

I called. He responded and did the task the very afternoon. Environmentally sensitive work. Cost about half of what other providers charge.

Description of Work
Removed a large bees nest from exterior gutter and disposed of.

08/18/2013

Patricia R.

Marvin was a life saver. I came home from a week long business trip to have my neighbor tell me that it looked like I had a wasps nest in the side of my house. Sure enough, there was steady traffic in and out of the outdoor siding, and to make matters worse, they were starting to come inside the house. I gave Marvin a call and he came out the same day to assess the situation. He confirmed the nest, and was very thoughtful in how he approached the job (and tried to minimize damage to the house when removing the nest). He definitely knows his bugs (yellow jackets in my case) and the cost was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Removed a yellow jacket nest from inside the wall of my house.

08/13/2013

John T.

Marvin answered the phone the first time I called and was available to help the next day. He arrived on time and ready to help. I had a big yellow jacket nest inside a cavity in my wall...not convieniently located in my siding or in my crawlspace (which would have been a lot easier to deal with or find). Using his understanding of those little beasts, he had to cut a hole in the side of my house using his best guess...and he FOUND IT! An easily fixiable hole, very clean cut and he did the job successfully! I had a big nest in there and would have NEVER gotten rid of this thing on my own! He provided me with follow up information and he was right on! They are finally gone! Thanks Marvin....I'll call him any time I have problems with Yellow Jackets again!

Description of Work
Removed a Yellow Jacket nest from a cavity inside the wall of our house.

06/21/2013

Ben H.

Recently purchased house, noticed on Sunday morning that there were some type of bee going in and out of one of my bird/air vents in my eave. Immediately panicked, of course. Did some research, determined that I wanted someone specifically knowledgeable about bees, liked the reviews, and called Jerry the Bee Guy. Marvin was great. Returned my call that day within a couple of hours (he was on call) and was able to fit me in just a few hours later.. He came out, determined they were yellowjackets, and gave me two options. I could either call a poison person and have them kill them, or he could pop open the vent and pull out the nest. I didn't want to have to call another service person and had no idea how big the nest was since he said it was the most activity he had seen that far in the season. I learned a lot, it was a pretty fascinating process. He vacuumed them up and put the nest in soapy water. He then put screening on the hole and let me know there would probably be a few stragglers (which there were the next couple of days) but that they wouldn't be able to survive without their nest. Oh, and he provided me suggestions for making sure they couldn't set up shop in my vents again (poor/lazy construction). I even got to see some of the live honeybees he was relocating to his backyard. Pretty cool. Thanks, Marvin. I definitely know who to call next time.

Description of Work
Removed yellowjacket nest from between my vaulted ceiling and roof.

03/31/2013

Jennifer V.

He showed up, assessed the situation, examined all possibilities, and removed the bees, including the queen.

Description of Work
Marvin was awesome. He takes his work seriously. He also cares about the bees and wanted to transfer away as many alive as possible.

03/06/2013

Lynn P.

He was fantastic, and he did a really good job in trying to get rid of the yellow jackets. He was able to get the number of yellow jackets down, he didn't use chemicals which I really liked.

Description of Work
He did removal of a yellow jacket nest, he had to back several times.

01/29/2013

Michael L.

Marvin came out when he said he would. He described what type of bees we had and proceeded to remove the nest without killing the bees. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Excellent service

10/16/2012

Amanda G.

We did not realize how big our problem was until Jerry came. If you see 20 dead bees on your floor it may mean that you have another 1500 in the ceiling. He got rid of them without using pesticides. He just used a shop vac with water and they all die a peaceful death or at least that is what I told my kids. He cleaned up after he was done although we had to do the drywall repair ourselves. The bees had worked their way through our ceiling so he made a nice hole to capture them all. He's a really nice guy who made our problem his top priority since one of the family members is allergic to bees.

Description of Work
Jerry (not his real name) came to the house to remove a ton of wasps in the ceiling.

09/04/2012

Geoffrey B.

As I stated above, the job went extremely well. I would not hesitate to hire Jerry the Bee Guy again.

Description of Work
Jerry the Bee Guy removed a Western Yellow Jacket ground nest/hive. The nest was quite large with a lot of yellow jacket traffic; it was so bad that we couldn't use our yard to eat dinner outside without being swarmed. Jerry the Bee Guy removed the nest without using any pesticides. He worked around our garden and didn't do any damage as he dug the nest out. He is extremely knowledgable about bees and shared a lot of information with us. After his first visit, the yellow jackets continued to come and started to rebuild the nest. Jerry the Bee Guy came back at no charge to complete the removal. He was very concerned about being thorough and doing the job right. I would definitely hire him again.