Home Depot

11616 Aurora Ave N

Seattle, WA 98133

01/08/2016

Carl P.

They don’t have everything I wish to purchase. Their price is good. They are really busy and they only have so many people.

Description of Work
I used Home Depot to get building materials.

09/02/2015

Stephen P.

The thing that stood out was that the salesman was a straight shooter. No fast sell. He answered all my questions.

Description of Work
Appliance Sales. I bought a dishwasher.

Category appliance sales

12/23/2014

Richard N.

In late June, 2014, my wife and I went to Home Depot to inquire about replacing our kitchen flooring with tile. With the help of the salesperson, we picked out some nice looking tile which we were told would be $6.00/sq ft (including for installation). We paid a $50.00 deposit and Home Depot sent a person to measure our kitchen. The measurement came to 79.2 sq ft (although I had measured the kitchen at 53 sq ft). Even so, the cost (based on the original discussion) should have bee $475.20. However the total price was $938.74 with several items added that had not been disclosed originally. We placed the order. The material was ordered and I picked it up on 27 July. The installer arrived and promptly told us the old flooring probably contained asbestos . We had to provide a certificate that it was free of asbestos. We hired an inspector and received a certificate that we were "asbestos-free." This inspection cost us an additional $275.00. Then we were told that we had to move the refrigerator out of the kitchen. We hired a mover to move the refrigerator on the morning of the installation and put it back in the next day. This was estimated to be about $200.00 for each move (door to door charges applied). We made these arrangements and scheduled the new installation for 2 September That morning the movers arrived followed shortly by the installer, who walked into the kitchen, exclaimed "Holy S**t, I can't install on this floor." and walked out. I called the manager of the installation contractor who told me that the floor was too wavy and that it exceeded the specifications for the tile. He said I had to go back to Home Depot and order sheet vinyl, rather than tile. We were both disappointed, but went back to Home Depot and ordered sheet vinyl. We were told delivery would take three weeks. We never heard from Home Depot again. We did get repeated emails from the installation contractor asking "How did we do?" I called their manager repeatedly. He was never in, but I left a message for him to call back. He never did. In the end, we called another flooring company on the recommendation of a previous contractor we had used. This company, "Fantastic Floors" came out and estimated the job. We booked them to install the original tile week later. Their crew came and were done in three hours. In addition, their installation cost was less than the Home Depot contractor.

Description of Work
They were supposed to provide materials and installation of kitchen floor

11/02/2013

CARLA R.

In the store, it was very sporadic trying to get a salesperson's attention. But once I was ready to order they were quite responsive and followed through. The person who measured the carpet and submitted the bid - did a highly professional job. I had measured and estimated by my calculation and then used a carpet calculator on bank rate and figured it should be between 55 and 60 square yards. Their bid was the most professional of the three bids I received - their square yardage was 57. It was comprehensive and included costs not included in the other two bids I received. Then their final invoice was exactly on the money - no surprises added. The other two companies estimated 77 and 100 square yards. This was not explained by a difference in pattern size. The difference in yardage contributed to all phases of the costs_ carpet removal, carpet, pad, and install. The other two bids were $2897 and $3685. Although the $3897 was a better carpet than I chose. Both of those companies were high rated companies in Angies list - not so high rated now. . I'd advise anyone looking for carpet to take the time to estimate the square yardage or deal with Home Depot. Home Depot charges for the quote, but this was worth it. The installer arrived on time, was professional in his work and completed it in a timely manner. We are still quite satisfied with it.

Description of Work
Bid on carpet installation. Removed old carpet, laid the carpet and reinstalled the wooden baseboard.

Category carpet installation, home improvement stores

09/17/2013

Dianne W.

We had no problems. It went smooth.

Description of Work
We had some carpets put in through Home Depot.

05/10/2013

jayni P.

People working there are extremely helpful and seem to always be happy

Description of Work
Looking at flooring. Couldn't find a sample. They called me a few days later when they found the only 1 in the store!

07/23/2012

Martin L.

I go there frequently because they have reasonable prices. They know what they are doing, they are pretty knowledgeable and they are friendly.

Description of Work
I bought a paint at Home Depot last month.

07/06/2012

gregory J.

They were great. Their customer service was great and the lady was very helpful. Some people are nice and some people are not, it's a crap chute what you get. I also ordered cabinets from them, they were great. The Home Depot guys helped me put the order in then the manufacturers took over.

Description of Work
I rented a jack hammer from Home Depot for 2 days.

Category carpet installation, equipment rentals

05/30/2012

Norman M.

They are well laid out, they are brightly lit, they have good stock and they have knowledgeable, helpful staff.

Description of Work
I went to the Home Depot on First Avenue. I use several of their locations.

04/11/2012

David H.

My son did all the leg work. I didn't deal with them a whole lot.

Description of Work
I use them to rent equipment. Last time I was there my son rented a pressure washer.

Category equipment rentals

03/30/2012

CRAIG B.

The main thing is that they were $500 cheaper than another major company. They installed and met me on time. Everything is so far so good. They took a bit longer than I thought. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Home Depot to buy and installation of water heater. We had to move the location of the water heater. They had to do additional plumbing and electrical.

Category water heater repair

03/08/2011

Martin L.

I knew early on that when I go to an independent kitchen or a bathroom shop for countertops, I would not be looking at a $1500 job but a $5000 job. So, I ended up at Home Depot. I looked at their products and what they did. I did not know that I was dealing with a store which was so big that it had its own zip code. It was like going to one of the small independent service providers. Their representative that I dealt with in their kitchen area was absolutely great. He answered all my questions and offered me samples to take home. They were superb. The people that they contracted to do the measurements and installations were awesome. It was a great experience. The contractors' responsiveness was excellent but the only problem that I encountered was that when I was trying the entire store and tried to get back to the department, it took a lot of time not because it was the sales person's fault but the department's phone lines. Their punctuality was awesome to the minute. I have been to home depot two or three times before.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Home Depot on the 17th of February 2011 for the purchase and installation of countertops in my kitchen. I also bought a dishwasher from them.

Category countertops, appliance sales

02/16/2011

George B.

The job went great. They were really good. Their customer service was very good. I had read some stuff online about many things and what else I could use them that they responded with. I read a really great report on their store here and they really followed through and they had great customer service. They were very competitive with price and they have 12 months interest free payment options. I would use them again in the future if need be.

Description of Work
I had my roof replaced by Home Depot about two weeks ago.

10/20/2009

Art W.

The good weather was coming to an end and I needed to get the work done so I hired Home Depot because they use independent contractors. They did a really good job and I was happy. They cleaned up afterwards and did a beautiful job. It was a large job and I have three gates and the fence went around my whole property. They had to reconstruct and turn on some unusual lines. I wanted it to match up to the neighbors on all three sides and they are all different. They had to build the fence. They had a crew of five or six people and it took them ten days. They hauled away everything. I thought the price was high, but I checked around and it seemed to be the going rate. They had to take out the old fence, which was a big job. It was two truckloads of wood. The quality was really good and I feel really good about the construction and the guarantees. They were very responsive, punctual and professional.

Description of Work
I used Home Depot in July to take down my old fence and they put in some new posts and put up a brand new fence.

Category fencing

03/05/2009

JERMIADEAN B.

The pricing on the blinds and plants was reasonable. My experience with Home Depot has been good, and the employees treat me very well. The quality of the plants have been good.

Description of Work
I bought my blinds and pants from Home Depot, and I have been going there for several years.

12/09/2008

mark E.

Somewhere between lousy and beyond bad.

Description of Work
I ordered a GE free standing range with supposedly installation and delivery. They delivered it, put the crate in the living room, and left. Said they were NOT authorized to do the electrical hookup. I ordered an optional "electrical pigtail" at the time of purchase on the recommendation from the Home Depot salesman who said "the installers will need this". What a joke! Cost me time and money to fix this. Beware of Home Depot appliance dept!

Category appliance sales

05/03/2007

RACHEL N.

I had a very good experience with the bathtub surround installers. They were punctual and great to work with.

Description of Work
They came and installed the bathroom surround for us.

Category bathtub refinishing, home improvement stores

10/03/2006

MICHAEL R.

Home Depot installed carpet on the second level of my home. The quality of their install work was very high. They were very good about communicating when to setup the installation.

Description of Work
Carpet the second floor of my home.

10/03/2006

MICHAEL R.

The end work was good. The installation of tile was delayed on multiple occasions by Home Depot.

Description of Work
Home Depot installed marble tile in two remodeled bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile

09/29/2005

SUZAN B.

DO NOT LIKE GOING TO THIS STORE, NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO HELP YOU. I HEAR ''NOT MY DEPARTMENT''. I WILL NOT BUY PRODUCTS HERE AGAIN. NURSERY DEPT. WAS LOWLY STOCKED. BOUGHT A RUG, BUT WANTED A DIFFERENT ONE. THEY CALLED ANOTHER STORE TO SEE IF IT WAS IN STOCK, WE WENT THERE, THEY CLAIMED THEY DID NOT HAVE IT IN STOCK AND THAT THEY NEVER GOT A CALL.

Description of Work
PURCHASE OF ITEMS FOR HOME IMPROVEMENT.

05/11/2005

BARBARA M.

GOOD SELECTION OF PRODUCT. SOME MIX UP WITH ORDERING/SHIPPING WHICH CAUSED A DELAY IN GETTING THE BLINDS INSTALLED. THE VERTICAL BLINDS WERE INSTALLED PROPERLY.

Description of Work
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDED IN HELPING TO SELECT MANUFACTURER PLUS HELP IN CHOOSING APPROPRIATE COLOR AND STYLE OF BLIND. VERTICAL BLINDS INSTALLED ON CUSTOM SIZED SLIDERS IN LIVING ROOM AND DINING ROOM.

Category window treatments

05/10/2005

JOHN P.

VERY SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT AND THE SERVICE. FAN SYSTEM WORKS GREAT TO VENTILATE THE ATTIC AND REMOVE EXCESS HEAT FROM THE ATTIC. INSTALLED JUST AS THE 'EXPERTS' HAD TOLD ME.

Description of Work
USED HOME DEPOT TO PURCHASE AND INSTALL AN ATTIC VENTILATION FAN. THE FAN WAS IN STOCK AND THE STORE EXPERTS WERE ABLE TO HELP WITH HINTS FOR INSTALLATION.

Category

05/10/2005

BECKY M.

CARPET SELECTION, THAT WAS IN STOCK, WAS LIMITED. BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING AN INSTALLATION APPOINTMENT FOR THE CARPET WE PICKED OUT (IN STOCK). INSTALLATION WAS DONE IN BOTH ROOMS SAME DAY.

Description of Work
PURCHASED 2 DIFFERENT CARPETS FOR 2 DIFFERENT ROOMS IN OUR HOME. HAD THE INSTALLATION DONE AS WELL.

03/10/2005

THEY FINISHED THE JOB ON TIME. THEY ARE VERY POLITE INSTALLERS AND DID A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
INSTALLATION OF TILE IN OUR SUNROOM.

Category ceramic tile

03/10/2005

FINISHED THE JOB BEFORE PROJECTED TIME. THEY DID A VERY GOOD JOB. WE ARE VERY SATISFIED.

Description of Work
REPLACED CARPET WITH HARDWOOD FOR OUR HOUSE.

Category hardwood floor